- Top 10 Earth Coloring Pages For Your Toddler
- 10 Funny Alien Coloring Pages your Little Ones Will Love To Color
- 10 Adventurous Astronaut Coloring Pages Your Toddler Will Love
- Top 10 Moon Coloring Pages For Your Toddler
- Top 10 Rain Coloring Pages For Your Little Ones
What do you think is the most powerful and destructive form of natural calamity? Some think earthquake is the most dangerous, while others consider cyclone as the most destructive form of natural calamity. However, did you know that these phenomena are relatively less destructive as compared to the fury of the volcano?
Learning About Volcanoes:
Most of us have not seen a volcano, but have learnt about it through, movies, videos and book. Whenever we hear about a volcano, we conjure up an image of a huge, conical mountain exploding masses of lava on the screaming people. However, there is a lot more about volcano that you need to learn.
- A volcanic eruption molds and shapes the earth’s structure. It constantly creates changes in the earth’s atmosphere and gives rise to new landmasses.
- A volcano is classified into two broad categories- fissure and central volcano.
- In fissure volcano, the magma oozes out of the large cracks in the earth’s crust. The flow is not violent and the deposition forms new land forms like plateaus.
- A central plateau is the one in which magma comes out of a small area. This eruption is very violent in nature.
Top 10 Volcano Coloring Pages For Kids:
Natural calamities like tsunami, flood, tornadoes and volcanoes are some of the common subjects for children’s coloring pages. You can teach the children about the natural forces, while having fun with volcano coloring pages to print. Here is a wide range of volcano coloring sheets for your kids to color.
1. Erupting Volcano:
An erupting volcano, as the name suggests, is an active volcano that is having an eruption.
- There are more than 500 active volcanoes in the world, with around 50 to 7 volcanoes erupting every year.
- This coloring sheet is a great way to increase your child’s interest in nature and natural calamities.
[ Read: Earth Day Coloring Pages ]
2. ‘V’ For Volcano:
Here is V for volcano – coloring page for your preschool kids.
- Nature is the most beautiful learning source for kids.
- This worksheet will give your kid a chance to celebrate nature and learn about the alphabets while creating a beautiful work of art.
3. Extinct Volcano:
An extinct volcano is the one that has not had an eruption for at least 10,000 years and is not expected to erupt again. A volcano turns extinct when it is cut off from its lava supply.
- Some volcanoes may look extinct, but it might only be a long time since they have erupted.
- Here is a simple coloring page featuring an extinct volcano. This image has simple outline, suitable for both toddlers and preschooler.
[ Read: Rain Coloring Pages ]
4. Active Volcano:
This is the coloring image of an active volcano. An active volcano is one that has had at least one eruption during the past 10,000 years.
- An active volcano can be can be both dormant and erupting.
- Here is a pretty volcano coloring picture of an active volcano. Color it with color pencils, crayons or felt tipped pen to create a great volcano poster.
[ Read: Moon Coloring Pages ]
5. Dormant Volcano:
A dormant volcano is an active volcano that is not erupting, but is capable of erupting.
- Volcanoes become dormant due to the constant shifting of the Earth’s plates above volcanic hot spots.
- The dormant volcanoes may erupt any time, causing devastating results for the inhabitants of the area.
6. Pompeii Volcano:
This is a coloring image of the famous Pompeii volcano. Pompeii is an ancient town in the southeast of Naples.
- In 79 AD, a volcano erupted, destroying the city of Pompeii, Torre Annunziata and Stabiae.
- An avalanche of hot gas, ash, rocks and ice spread across the landscape, destroying 550 square kilometers of mountain terrain.
[ Read: Circle Coloring Pages ]
7. Volcano With Dinosaur:
Does your kid bombard you with questions regarding the extinction of dinosaurs? Then this coloring page will clear all his doubts. Here is a coloring image of a huge volcano spewing lava on the rampaging dinosaurs.
- According to volcanic hypothesis, a global scale volcanic activity spewed gas, dust and ash into the atmosphere for more than ten thousand years, keeping sunlight from reaching the Earth’s surface.
- The lava covered an area of over 200,000 square miles and reached a depth of over a mile. This led to the extinction of the dinosaur and other organism.
8. Forest Volcano:
This is a beautiful coloring page of a volcano accompanied by bushes and trees.
- This coloring sheet will allow the kids to learn about volcanoes while experimenting with different colors.
- The coloring image is ideal for primary school children.
[ Read: Shapes Coloring Pages ]
9. Dora Near The Volcano:
Here is a coloring image of Dora and Boots near an erupting volcano. Dora is the protagonist of an educational animated television series named “Dora the Explorer”.
- The series centers around Dora Marquez, a Latin girl who embarks on a trip in every episode to find something or help somebody.
- She is accompanied in her quests by her talking purple backpack and a monkey named Boots.
[ Read: Rainbow Coloring Pages ]
10. Cinder Cone Volcano:
The cinder cone volcano is the part of a large volcanic field in Michoacán, a Mexican State. It is a pile of loose fragments built up around a vent during a fountain event.
- It derives its name from the village of Paricutin, which now lies buried under its lava.
- Cinder cone is considered as one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
Whoever knew so many interesting tidbits about volcanoes? Well, now you do, so go ahead and impress your kids with free printable volcano coloring pages online. Don’t forget to share your experience with us in the section below. Happy coloring!
Latest posts by Arshi (see all)
- 200 Most Attractive And Hot Guy Names That Women Love - August 23, 2017
- 50 Latest Mormon Baby Names For Boys And Girls With Meanings - May 19, 2017
- 15 Major Festivals Of India Your Kid Should Know - September 15, 2016
- 107 Festive Themed Christmas Baby Names For Boys And Girls - September 8, 2016
- 40 Valentine's Day Inspired Baby Names For Boys And Girls - May 31, 2016
- Top 25 Unicorn Coloring Pages For Toddlers - May 23, 2016
- 83 Popular Gender Neutral Or Unisex Baby Names - May 17, 2016
- 50 Terrific Baby Boy and Girl Names That Mean Angel - May 16, 2016
- List Of 20 Best Schools In Jaipur - May 16, 2016
- 15 Top And Best Schools In Surat City - May 12, 2016