As a parent, it is always a struggle to make sure that your kids are entertained 24×7. It is especially tough during the weekends, school vacations and term breaks. To ensure that your kids don’t give in to watching TV endlessly or end up getting bored making too many craft projects, taking them out would be a fun idea. A super fun place to take your kids to would be an amusement park or water park.
If you live in the city of Ahmedabad or nearby, you can try taking them to different theme parks, which are either amusement parks or out and out water parks. Going to such places is generally a brilliant idea, as the parks are kid-friendly and you can spend some fun times together as a family. If you would like to go through the various options you have to choose from the water and amusement parks situated in Ahmedabad and nearby areas, do read through our listing below. Here we have listed some famous water parks in Ahmedabad area:
[ Read: Best Amusement Parks In India ]
Top Water Parks In Ahmedabad Area That Your Kids Will Love:
Here are some of the best water parks that are situated in and around the city of Ahmedabad:
1. Maniar’s Wonderland:
- Maniar Wonderland is one of the most popular amusement park in Ahmedabad and is a hit with kids and grown-ups alike.
- It has a number of joy rides and entertainment that will keep everyone excited and asking for more.
- Some fun rides in the amusement park include a joy train, aqua roller, zip line, wonder chair, zorb, desert bikes, break dance, aqua splash, sling shot, joy boats, bumping cars, masti planet, sit and slide, fun house, play zone, crazy car and many more.
- Location: 3 km. from Karnavati Club and 1 km from Sarkhej Cross Road, behind Kiran Motors, Ahmedabad – 382210
- Contact: 079 – 65410896, 1800 – 233 – 0035
- Timing: The park is open Monday to Sunday from 10 am till 8:30 pm and the ticket counter opens at 10 am.
2. Shanku’s Water Park And Resort:
- Entry fee: Please contact the water park staff for the same.
- Shanku’s Water Park And Resort is another water-based theme park in Ahmedabad that is extremely popular with kids as well as grown-ups.
- The water park in Ahmedabad and resort is a three star property and is located over 75 acres of green nature and plush landscape.
- Shanku’s Water Park has a host of rides that are suitable for kids of all ages as well as for the adults. Some of the rides that the water park has to offer are zip zap zoom, wave pool, aqua tube, tumble jumble, shanku’s twister, aqua shuttle, rain dance, lazy river, racing slide, kids planets, kiddies corner and many more.
- Location: Ahmedabad Mehsana highway, Mehsana – 384435, Gujarat.
- Contact: + 91 – 90990 80080, + 91 – 90990 80090
- Timings: Please contact the water park staff for the same.
- Entry fee: The entry ticket to the park is priced at INR 350 per person. There are additional charges to be paid for costumes, food, locker facilities, towel use, professional photography and such.
[ Read: Places To Visit In Ahmedabad With Kids ]
3. Splash The Fun World:
- The Splash The Fun World water world has a range of water rides that will keep your kids entertained for hours.
- While the water park has a lot of rides, it also has a lot of relaxing activities where you can rest and enjoy the peace, without the need for any water adventures.
- The water park has more than 25 water rides. The rides are suitable for kids of all ages, as well as for the grown-ups.
- There is a waterfall where you can enjoy with your kids, you can take a relaxing floating journey down the lazy river, rocket down through the water slides, splash in the bubble pool and have lots of fun.
- Location: Sarkhej Sanand Road, Village Telav kolat Road, Ahmedabad.
- Contact: + 91 – 8000115500, 9099073800, 9099073802.
- Timings: For full day picnic options with food, the timings are from 10 am till 7 pm. For full day picnic options without food, the timings are from 10 am till 5pm.
- Entry fee: For full day picnic options with food, the entry fee is free for children who are below the height of 2’9’’ ft. INR 550 for children who are below the height of 4’6” ft. and INR 650 for adults who are over the height of 4’6” ft. For full day picnic options without food, the entry fee is free for children who are below the height of 2’9’’ ft. INR 450 for children who are below the height of 4’6” ft. and INR 550 for adults who are over the height of 4’6” ft.
[ Read: Fun Park Games For Kids ]
4. Swapna Srushti Water Park:
- The Swapna Srushti is the best Water Park in Ahmedabad area which promises to have water rides for all age groups, including for babies as young as one years of age, and even those who are senior citizens.
- The water park is located on an area of 130 acres and is lined with beautiful plants and trees that provide a natural feel to the entire setting.
- In addition to the various water rides, the park also has a host of additional water-based activities and fun areas that kids and adults can enjoy. Some such attractions include the mystic fog area, a romantic snowfall area, astounding waterfalls, enchanting rain, resounding waves in the seas and more – all of which have been specifically created. In addition, the water park also has a shaking rope bridge, hills and mountains, beautiful lakes, a tunnel with a demon mouth as its opening, beautiful ghats and much more.
- You also have the option of staying over at the water park in their resort which has a combination of different types of rooms.
- The park also has facilities for clean and delicious food options, which will make it easier for you to travel with your kids.
- Contact: Amarapur, Near Amarnath Dham, Gram Bharati Cross Road, Gandhinagar – Mahudi highway, Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- Timing: + 91 – 9904777711, + 91 – 9574007705
- Entry fee: The entry charges for the water park are INR 350 per person. In addition, you will have to pay extra for the costumes, towels, locker facilities, tube rental and other such facilities.
5. Jaldhara Water World:
- The Jaldhara Water World spans an area of 15,000 sq. feet.
- It uses the natural beauty of the Kankaria Lake, and is a favorite spot for kids and adults alike.
- This best water park near Ahmedabad area also has a Gujarati dining hall which serves traditional Gujarati delicacies.
- Location: Balvatika, Kankaria, Ahmedabad.
- Contact: + 91 – 079 25469054, + 91 – 079 25462147.
- Timing: Please contact the park staff for further details.
- Entry fee: Please contact the park staff for further details.
Top Amusement Parks In And Around Ahmedabad That Your Kids Will Love:
6. Butterfly Park:
- The Butterfly Park is located in One Tree hill garden and is spread over an area of 8000 sq. meter.
- Location: Kamla Nehru Zoological Garden, Kankaria, Ahmedabad – 380008
- Contact: +91 079 2546 3415
- Timings: The garden is open from the months of March to October from 9 am till 6:15 pm and from the months of November to February from 9 am till 5:30 pm.
- Entry fee: Entry is free for children who are below the age of five. From five years to 12 years of age, the price of entry ticket is INR 5 and for anyone who is over the age of 12, the price of the entry ticket is INR 10.
- Location: Kamla Nehru Zoological Garden, Kankaria, Ahmedabad – 380008
7. Chacha Nehru Bal Vatika:
- Chacha Nehru Bal Vatika is a museum that is situated in a natural landscape amidst lush greenery.
- It has various educational objects that your kids will love to see and learn from.
- There are traditional handicraft stalls and food joints in the premises, which will make it a fun place for both you and your kids. It is the best amusement park in Ahmedabad.
- Contact: + 91 079 25467823
- Timings: 9 am till 10:15 pm on all days of the week.
- Entry fee: For children up to the age of three years, there is no ticket charge for entry. For children who are aged between 3 and 12 years of age, the entry fee is INR 2. For anyone who is above the age of 12, the entry fee is INR 3. For educational tours, the entry fee per person is INR 1. For those who are differently abled, there is no entry fee.
[ Read: Outdoor Games And Activities For Kids ]
In addition to the various water parks and amusement parks in Ahmedabad that are mentioned above, here are a few more parks which are located in and around Ahmedabad, and will make a fun outing place for your kids:
8. Law Garden:
- The Law Garden is a public garden and has a very famous market that is located just outside the garden premises. The market is popular for the many types of handicraft items that are available there.
- Next to the garden, the local street vendors have set up a variety of food stalls, making it a popular eating joint for kids as well as adults.
- Ambawadi is an open area and has a very popular landmark, known as the Ahmedabad Central Mall.
- The area also has the very famous Ambawadi shaak bazaar (vegetable market) as well as the Piramal Garden.
- Ambawadi is at a distance of about eight km. from the Ahmedabad railway station, and about 15 km. from the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport.
10. Bonsai Park:
- The Bonsai Park is a great place to visit with your kids, as it showcases the effects of global warming on our planet in a very interesting way.
- If your kids are interested to know more about bonsai, there are staff members who will be able to tell them more about how to cultivate bonsai at home.
- The park is built on an area of 600 sq. meters and there are about 55 types of bonsai plants in the park.
- Location: Parimal Garden, Ahmedabad.
- Timing: 7 am till 6 pm.
- Entry fee: The entry is free for everyone.
11. Vastrapur Lake:
- The Vastrapur Lake is a popular destination for kids and adults in Ahmedabad.
- It has a children’s park as well as an open air theater.
- The lawn is surrounded by lots of plants and beautiful stonework all around, which gives it a beautiful scenic look.
- Sometimes, the water from the Narmada River flows into the lake.
- Location: The park is situated in the western part of Ahmedabad.
[ Read: Exciting Water Games For Kids ]
12. Victoria Garden:
- The Victoria Garden is located on the southern edge of the Bhadra Fort.
- The garden has a wide variety of plants and flowers that give it a lush green look.
- It is also a popular destination for many migratory birds, which makes it even more popular with the kids.
- There is a huge statue of Queen Victoria inside the garden, in whose honor the garden has been named.
- Location: Raikhad, Ahmedabad.
Once you plan to go out with your kids, there are many options to choose from. Your kids are sure to have a lot of fun, as will you. Make sure you follow all the safety instructions while letting your kids and yourself enjoy the rides or the park’s facilities.
Moms, have you visited any of the places that are mentioned above? If yes, do share your experiences with other moms here, especially about how your kids loved the place and whether you will give it a mommy nod or not. In case you know of more water parks or amusement parks in or around Ahmedabad, do share about it here.
- 20 World’s Best Water Parks For Your Kids
- 24 Best Parks In Mumbai To Visit With Your Kids
- 13 Best Water And Amusement Parks In Kolkata To Visit
- 16 Wonderful Places To Visit In Hyderabad
Latest posts by Debolina Raja (see all)
- 15 Surprising Things You Wish You Had Known About Newborns! - June 30, 2017
- Normal Delivery Vs Cesarean – Risks And Benefits - June 30, 2017
- 5 Dangerous Things You Should Let Loose Your Children On - January 6, 2017
- Indian Diet During Pregnancy - A Healthy Daily Diet Chart - September 16, 2016
- Top 20 Indian Food Ideas For Your Baby - September 15, 2016
- How To Be A Good Foster Parent – Requirements And Regulations - September 8, 2016
- Practical Tips On How To Make Your Marriage Work - September 1, 2016
- 16 Charming Romantic Ways To Give Birthday Surprise To Your Wife - September 1, 2016
- 7 Terrible Ways Depression Can Seep Into Your Marriage - September 1, 2016
- How Can You Keep Intimacy In Marriage Alive? - August 26, 2016