Children are curious to learn new things about their surroundings. They keep asking questions about the world around them. Of all things, perhaps, they are most fascinated by animals.
These creatures cohabit the world with us and are an integral part of the ecosystem. Every animal has a unique trait and is responsible for keeping the environmental balance. Some can run, while others can jump. Some are slow, a few of them are fast, and some can fly—the characteristics are as different as the animals themselves. Animals who eat plants are called herbivores, the ones who eat meat are carnivores, and those who eat both plants and meat are omnivores.
There are so many things to know about animals. To make it easy for your children to learn, we have compiled some trivia questions about animals for kids in this post.
155 Animal Trivia For Kids
Simple or tricky, these questions about animals for kids will ensure that your child knows more about animals.
1. How many pairs of wings do bees have?
2. What is a doe?
Answer: A female deer
3. What is a baby sheep called?
Answer: A lamb
4. How many legs does an octopus have?
5. What bird is the symbol of peace?
6. The baby of which animal is called a joey?
7. If a _____ colored cat crosses your path, it is considered bad luck. Which color?
8. What is a group of lions called?
Answer: A pride
9. Which bird lays the largest eggs?
10. Which is the fastest animal?
11. What does a panda eat?
12. Which is the only mammal that can fly?
13. Which animal is known as the man’s best friend?
Answer: A dog
14. Which is the only land animal that cannot jump?
15. Which is the fastest running bird?
16. Which is the bird that can fly backward?
17. Which is the tallest bird in the world?
18. Which is the fastest bird?
19. Which is the biggest animal in the entire world?
Answer: Blue whale
20. Which is the slowest animal?
Answer: Three-toed sloth
21. What is the horn of a rhinoceros made of?
22. Which animal can lift up to 50 times its body weight?
23. Which is the tallest animal?
24. What is a baby dog called?
Answer: A pup
25. Which is the longest snake?
Answer: Reticulated python
26. How many legs does a lobster have?
27. How many eyes does a spider have?
Answer: Eight (Some have six or fewer but always an even number)
28. Which is the largest mammal?
29. What is a group of crows called?
Answer: A murder
30. Which animal has three hearts?
31. Which animal lives the longest (or has the longest lifespan)?
Answer: Arctic whale
32. Which animal does not drink water?
Answer: Kangaroo rat
33. Which animal never sleeps?
34. What are amphibians?
Answer: Animals that live on land and water
35. How many bones do sharks have?
36. How many bones are there in a giraffe’s neck?
Answer: Seven (just like humans)
37. How many years can a snail sleep for?
Answer: Three years
38. What kind of animal is a Komodo dragon?
Answer: A lizard
39. What is a female sheep called?
40. What is a baby goat called?
Answer: A kid
41. How do bats navigate?
Answer: They use echolocation (sound waves for navigating)
42. Which bird eats only bones?
Answer: Bearded vulture
43. Which is the world’s most poisonous spider?
Answer: Brazilian wandering spider
44. Which is the most venomous snake in the world?
Answer: Saw-scaled viper
45. Which bird’s eye is bigger than its brain?
46. Which are the two only egg-laying mammals?
Answer: Duck-billed platypus and anteater
47. Which is the smallest reptile?
Answer: Leaf chameleon
48. Which bird flies the highest?
Answer: Ruppell’s vulture
49. Which bird has the biggest wingspan?
Answer: Wandering albatross
50. How many heart chambers does a cockroach have?
51. To which part of an ant’s body is its legs attached?
Answer: Its thorax
52. Are rabbits born blind?
53. Do sponges have a heart?
54. What is a female donkey called?
Answer: A jenny
55. Which animal breathes through its skin?
56. How long does it take for a sloth to digest its food?
Answer: Two weeks
57. Lemurs are native to which country?
58. Which was the first animal to be domesticated?
Answer: A goat
59. What do you call a group of fish?
Answer: A school
60. What is a nocturnal animal?
Answer: An animal that sleeps during the day and hunts at night
61. What is the color of a newborn flamingo?
62. How do snakes smell?
Answer: With their tongues
63. What does a caterpillar turn into after making a cocoon?
Answer: A butterfly
64. What color is a reindeer’s eyes in winter?
65. How many brains does an octopus have?
66. Which animal cannot look up?
67. How do honey bees taste food?
Answer: With their feet
68. How many glasses of milk does a cow give in its lifetime?
69. Which animal can turn its head 270°?
Answer: An owl
70. Which animal can move its eyes independently?
71. Why don’t spiders stick to their webs?
Answer: Because they walk on the non-sticky threads
72. How can you determine the age of a lion?
Answer: By seeing its nose
73. Which animal has the strongest bite?
74. Where do dogs sweat?
Answer: The pads of their feet
75. Which is the national bird of New Zealand? (New Zealanders are often called by this name.)
76. How many compartments does a cow’s stomach have?
77. Which is the largest animal in the squirrel family?
78. Which animal’s name means “water horse?”
79. How does a pufferfish respond to threats?
Answer: It puffs itself up like a balloon
80. Which species of bear has translucent fur?
Answer: Polar bear
81. How many legs does a honey bee have?
82. What is the color of an ocelot?
Answer: Yellow with black markings
83. Which animal has the highest blood pressure?
84. What is a baby puffin called?
Answer: A puffling
85. What is a group of giraffes called?
Answer: A tower
86. What are male and female elephants called?
Answer: Bull and cow, respectively
87. Why do rats keep nibbling at things?
Answer: Because their teeth keep growing and they keep biting things to wear them off
88. What is a kakapo?
Answer: A parrot that cannot fly
89. Which animal’s heart is located in its head?
90. How many noses does a slug have?
91. Which direction does a bat first turn after exiting a cave?
92. Which animal doesn’t have vocal cords?
93. What is a polar bear’s skin color?
94. What is a group of kittens called?
Answer: A kindle
95. Which is the only big cat that cannot roar?
96. What is the wingspan of a bald eagle?
Answer: Eight feet
97. Which is the biggest land animal?
98. How are birds able to fly?
Answer: Because they have hollow bones
99. Which animal was worshipped in ancient Egypt?
100. Which is the fastest water animal?
101. Who does most of the hunting in a lion family?
Answer: Lioness does 90% of the hunting
102. Which animal holds hands in the water while asleep?
103. What is the color of a reindeer’s eyes in summer?
Answer: Gold or brown
104. Where are the glands of a cow located?
Answer: In its nose
105. Which animal can see all its four legs at once?
Answer: A donkey
106. What kind of animal is a Flemish giant?
Answer: A rabbit
107. Which animal has breeds named Jersey, Texas Longhorn, and Belgian Blue?
108. Which bird was first domesticated by man?
Answer: A chicken
109. How many eggs does a hen lay in a year on an average?
110. How do frogs protect themselves in freezing temperatures?
Answer: They freeze themselves solid
111. How many hours do koala bears sleep in a day?
Answer: Up to 22 hours
112. What is a group of ferrets called?
Answer: A business
113. How do octopi taste?
Answer: With their arms
114. What color is a giraffe’s tongue?
115. Which animal has the thickest fur?
116. What is a group of owls called?
Answer: A parliament
117. Which mammal has the longest tongue?
Answer: Giant anteater
118. How do butterflies taste?
Answer: With their feet
119. How do cockroaches smell?
Answer: With their antennae or feelers
120. Which underwater animal can sing?
121. What kind of animal is a mandrill?
Answer: A monkey
122. Which was the oldest panda that died in 2014 at the age of 114?
Answer: Jia jia
123. What is a group of rhinos called?
Answer: A crash
124. What is a baby fox called?
Answer: A kit
125. Which bird is the symbol of good luck?
126. What is a group of hedgehogs known as?
Answer: A pickle
127. Which animal’s scientific name is Hominoidea?
128. Which animal has breeds like a retriever, Mexican hairless, shepherd, and beagle?
129. Which is the only venomous snake found in the UK?
130. What is a crossbreed between a horse and a donkey called?
131. What is a crossbreed between a zebra and a donkey called?
132. What is a group of geese called?
Answer: A gaggle
133. What does it mean when a pig’s tail curls?
Answer: That they are happy
134. What is the underside of a horse’s hoof called?
Answer: A frog
135. Which bird cannot move their eyeballs?
136. Which bird can mimic human speech?
137. Which sea creature contains pearls?
138. Which animal is the national emblem of America?
Answer: Bald eagle
139. Which animal has breeds like Persian, British shorthair, and Russian blue?
140. What color is the blood of an octopus?
141. What is a group of flamingos called?
142. The bite of which insect causes malaria and dengue?
Answer: A mosquito
143. Which animal has the biggest eyes?
Answer: Colossal squid
144. What do you call a rabbit’s tail?
145. Which bird reaches the highest speeds in its hunting dive?
Answer: Peregrine falcon
146. What is a group of deer called?
Answer: A herd
147. Where do you find blind dolphins?
Answer: The Indus river
148. Which is the smallest mammal?
Answer: Etruscan shrew
149. What is a group of young pigs called?
Answer: A drift
150. The fingerprints of which animal resembles human fingerprints quite closely?
Answer: Koala bear
151. Which animal has rectangular pupils?
152. What is Scotland’s national animal?
153. On which continent are chinchillas found?
Answer: South America
154. How many pairs of eyelids does an owl have?
155. Which is the only snake that builds a nest?
Answer: King cobra
Did you enjoy our animal trivia for kids? We are sure your children will learn and share the facts with their friends. These questions are a fun way to pass on this knowledge to children and spend quality time with them. Not only young children but also teens can have fun sharing them.
- Basic GK Questions And Answers For Kids
- Best Short Animal Stories For Kids With Morals
- English Grammar Quiz Questions And Answers For Kids
- Best Extra-Curricular Activities For Kids And Their Importance