From instant messaging and video calling to making new friends and dating, you can do a number of things using an app on your smartphone. But did you know, there are a few apps that are exclusively designed for couples, who are already in a relationship?
Whether you are a couple trying to know each other, or in a long distance relationship longing for your partner’s company, there are apps that cater to your every need and make the relationship all the more exciting and engaging.
In this post, MomJunction lists down 15 interesting apps for couples. Explore our list and download the app that suits you best.
Top Apps For Couples
If you are looking for a private, online space where you and your partner can share your feelings, private pictures, and also keep track of the important dates, then this app is just what you need.
- This app has a messenger where couples can have intimate or private conversations with each other. The messenger is equipped with cute stickers and emoticons, as well as a fun GIF selfie feature.
- You can organize all your couple photos, videos, and notes using the app, in separate albums and chronological order. Even if you change your phone, all your memories are safe with this app.
- The clear voice calls via the app make a long distance relationship a little less unbearable.
- Having a hard time remembering all the special days and dates? Store them all in this app, and it reminds (just in case you forget) you about it.
- This app also has a shared calendar option where you and your partner can fill in individual schedules and make plans.
This is another cute app for couples with some adorable features.
- This app allows the couple to create their own timeline with customized photos and albums, letting them treasure every memory.
- It has a private messenger for couples to chat privately.
- The app has a feature called Wishbox, which is a boon to long-distance couples. Both the partners can use this feature to create a virtual wish list and include activities, things to buy, and restaurants to go when they meet again.
- Take your love to the next level, with the love letter feature. The feature allows you to set a mood and also put a customized seal before sending off the letter.
- There is a shared calendar app to update each other’s schedules and plan date nights together.
3. Happy couple
If you and your partner are looking to know each other and are up to doing something challenging, then you can try this app.
- Every day, as soon as you open the app, you will have to answer a set of questions on sex, responsibility, communication, recreation, and emotion (you can choose one).
- Both the partners have to answer each of these five questions.
- The app allows you to see only half of your partner’s responses, making it essential to sit with each other and review answers.
- Upon review, you will be surprised to learn many new things about your partner.
- If any of your answers match, you get points that can unlock new levels and new challenges.
4. Kindu for couples
If you are looking to add some excitement to your love life or looking for a way to communicate your fantasies to your partner, then this app is what you need.
- This app has a pack of cards for the couple to choose from.
- The packs are titled Celebration, Showcase, and Daily Deck and each deck has cards that have a fun idea for couples to try.
- If you like a particular idea, then you can send it to your partner. If your partner also approves of it, then that idea will show up for the both of you in the app.
- The app also allows users to create their own fun ideas and secretly slip them into their partner’s deck.
5. Gottman card decks
This app is inspired by the popular card decks from The Art and Science of Love by The Gottman Institute’s research-based approach to relationships.
- Upon downloading the app, users can explore 14 card decks with more than 1,000 flashcards.
- Couples can pick up a topic and ask each other multiple questions that help them get to know each other better.
- It also helps to name your emotions and the degree at which you are feeling them.
- Through this app, partners can also talk about their needs and show empathy towards one another.
- You can also plan date nights together or explore the Salsa deck to add some spice into your love life.
6. Saving your relationship
This app is like a marriage counselor on the go. If your relationship is going through some tough times, then this app has all the useful information to help you.
- This app has chapters to deal with the various issues in a relationship.
- The chapters vary from ‘How to save your relationship’ to ‘when it’s time to let go.’
- Each chapter has useful information, which can help you improve your relationship.
7. We did it
This app also helps couples to identify the problematic areas and work together to address them.
- The app first asks the couple to find out where they are in the relationship; this is done with the help of a simple test.
- This test will help you know how your partner is viewing the relationship, what areas each of you are satisfied with.
- Then the app prompts the couple to build a dream week; this is done by using the test results in the first step.
- Each time your partner completes a task, you check it on the app and rate your happiness in different areas.
- The app also has a weekly analysis where the couple can review their progress.
8. Love nudge
This app is based on The 5 Love Languages by Dr. Gary Chapman. It is popularly known as the fitness app for relationships.
- As soon as you register, the app prompts you to take the official Five Love Languages quiz, which helps to determine your love language. Both partners need to take this quiz.
- You can also use the app individually or send an invite to your partner and link your profiles.
- Next, both the partners must set certain goals and invite each other for daily activities, which help in achieving those goals.
- Each fulfilled activity will fill your love tank; you can also send playful nudges to each other to suggest activities.
This is a handy app using which you and your partner can share to keep track of your finances.
- This app allows you to share financial information such as balances, transaction history, etc. with your partner. However, partners can select to display only certain information.
- The app also categorizes your transactions into different groups, so that the couple can know where they are spending more/ less money.
- You can also share expenses through the app and send reminders to the partner to settle up any dues.
- Stop paying late fees by setting up reminders for your monthly bills.
If you are in a long-distance relationship, then use this app and go on a movie date with your beloved.
- This app allows you and your partner to watch movies together, even if you are not in the same place.
- You can even chat and video call while watching the movie and get the feeling of a real-time movie date.
This is an adorable app, where you and your partner can always stay in touch with each other, whether you are in a long distance relationship or just missing your partner while away at work.
- This app connects only two people, so it is quite exclusive.
- With a single tap, you can send your partner selfies with a love note.
- This app displays your partner’s location along with the weather conditions where they are.
- It comes with a ‘today extension’ feature that helps you to see their face in the notification center.
Using this app, you can create personalized greeting cards, photo messages, postcards, and send them to your loved ones across the world.
- You can create cards using the existing templates and designs.
- You can also personalize them by adding stickers and including small notes.
- Once you are happy with your card, you can pay and ship it to your loved one.
- They have a variety of options ranging from photo postcards to top quality canvases.
A healthy relationship is one where both the partners are happy and content. So, it is important to take care of your mental wellbeing. Here is an app that helps you in your journey towards happiness.
- This is a journal app where you can store your feelings and reflections privately.
- You can also keep an affirmation and gratitude list.
- Helps calm down anxiety and practice calm thoughts.
- It also has a motivational coach and happiness trainer and also keeps track of your fitness data (upon giving consent).
This is another cute way to keep in touch with your loved ones, by drawing, writing messages, and displaying them on your beloved’s home screen.
- Tap twice on the LokLok screen to transform it into a shared whiteboard that both you and your partner can edit. The changed lock screen can be swiped as needed to unlock the phone.
- To doodle, use your finger and pinch two fingers outwards to erase.
- It has several editing tools and a provision to access your camera or camera roll.
- Once you are done, you can select your beloved’s name and send it to them, and the note will be displayed on their lock screen.
No more forgetting to pick up groceries, and no more last-minute rush to your dry cleaning! With this app, you and your partner can create and keep track of your to-do lists.
- You can create and share the to-do list with your partner.
- You can also set due dates and reminders for important deadlines.
Try these apps and explore the App Store and Google Play store for other such exciting apps that make relationships more fun and less stressful. Whether you are missing your loved one or looking for ways to spice up your relationship, there’s always an app that comes to your assistance.
Have you tried any of these or other couple apps before? Share your experiences with us by leaving a comment in the section below.
Latest posts by sanjana lagudu (see all)
- What is Sole Custody and when does a parent get it? - October 3, 2019
- 10 Unique gender-reveal party ideas - September 17, 2019
- 101 Best Father And Son Quotes - September 4, 2019
- 8 things that happen during the first six months of a relationship - August 30, 2019
- 25 Best 6th wedding anniversary gift ideas - August 29, 2019
- 15 Things That Are Most Important In a Relationship - August 28, 2019
- What is True love and what does it feel like? - August 27, 2019
- 84 Cute Ways To Say I Love You - August 27, 2019
- 10 Signs You are in a Love-hate Relationship - August 7, 2019
- 30 Special Wedding Anniversary gifts for parents - August 6, 2019