About The Product
Children can get all the nutrients they need from their diet but their fussy eating habits and occasional appetite slumps can leave some gaps in their nutrient in-take. In such cases, you might want to try nutrition supplements on recommendation of a pediatrician.
Here, we review such nutritional drink powder for kids, AptaGrow Health and Nutrition Drink Powder is designed to meet the nutritional needs of children. Aptagrow contains 37 essential nutrients and a unique blend of prebiotics. Its formula helps in better absorption of nutrients which in turn support growth and immunity.
- Product name: AptaGrow Health And Nutrition Drink Powder
- Product brand: Nutricia, Danone
- Price at the time of review: ₹545
- Weight: 400g
- Best for: Children aged three years and up
Skimmed milk powder, maltodextrin, sugar, galacto-oligosaccharides (GOS), cocoa powder (4%), nature identical flavoring substances, fructo-oligosaccharides (FOS), docosahexaenoic acid powder (crypthecodinium cohnii), stabilizer (guar gum), vitamins (sodium ascorbate, Dl-alpha tocopherol acetate, menaquinone, niacinamide, retinyl acetate, ergocalciferol, calcium pantothenate, thiamine hydrochloride, pyridoxine hydrochloride, riboflavin, folic acid, D-biotin, cyanocobalamin), minerals (ferric pyrophosphate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, manganese sulfate, chromium chloride, potassium iodide, ammonium molybdate, sodium selenite), taurine, inositol.
AptaGrow Health And Nutrition Drink Powder contains:
- Milk protein and calcium (to support height gain)
- Vitamin A, C, D, E and a unique blend of prebiotics GOS* and FOS** (support immunity and improve gut health)
- Prebiotics, milk protein, natural vitamin K2 and key nutrients like iron and vitamin C help in better nutrient-absorption
- DHA, iron, folic acid, iodine, and choline (support brain development)
*GOS – Galacto-oligosaccharides
**FOS – Fructo-oligosaccharides
Directions for use
Preparing this health drink is pretty straightforward.
- Add three to four heaped teaspoons (30g) of powder in a glass (200ml) of lukewarm milk.
- Stir well and serve.
- Do not add extra sugar as it contains 4.5g sugar per serving (30g).
You may want to keep these in mind to ensure your child’s safety.
- The powder contains milk, and may not be suitable for children with milk allergy or lactose intolerance.
- It may contain allergens such as peanut, soy, and wheat.
- Using more than the prescribed amount might cause mild side effects.
- Prebiotics may cause gastrointestinal issues in some children.
- Provides essential nutrients and a unique blend of prebiotics that support height gain, immune function, and brain development in growing children.
AptaGrow Health And Nutrition Drink For Kids’ GrowthBuy On Amazon
Features of interest
Besides its healthy ingredients, a few other features make it a choice to consider for parents in India.
- Packaging: The drink powder comes packaged in a sealed foil pouch inside a cardboard box. The foil pouch can be easily stored in an airtight container. Moreover, the packaging contains useful pieces of information.
- Product: The powder has a fine texture and mixes well with lukewarm milk. The resulting drink has a delectable chocolate flavor with a mild sweetness, which children would like.
- Extras: A fun origami activity comes printed on the inside of the box. The box needs to be cut, folded, and glued as directed to make an interesting DIY craft.
- Use the product within three weeks of opening and before the expiry date.
- Keep the product in its original foil and store it in an airtight container.
- Store in a cool, dry place (not refrigerator).
AptaGrow Health and Nutrition Drink Powder: Does it work?
AptaGrow is a milk drink developed by Nutricia, a subsidiary of top Europe-based company Danone, which specializes in developing therapeutic food and infant formula. According to the manufacturer, AptaGrow contains several vital vitamins, minerals, and a unique prebiotic blend that can help in better absorption of nutrients and support children’s growth, immune health, and brain development.
Children with erratic eating habits, fussy eaters, and those with suspected/confirmed nutritional insufficiency or deficiency may benefit from the product. However, for those eating a well-balanced diet and with no known nutritional insufficiencies, the product may not be necessary. Most parents who have used the product have appreciated it for its ease of preparation, taste, and nutritional benefits.
Value For Money
AptaGrow seems relatively pricey compared to other nutritional drinks in the market, but its benefits justify the price. The low sugar and low fat components make it a safer option than various other brands in the market.
The Final verdict
AptaGrow Health and Nutrition Drink Powder is a nutritional supplement that may be used if your child is not getting enough nutrients from their food sources. When used as directed, it can help fill nutritional gaps and support children’s physical and mental growth. It may also help strengthen a child’s immune health. Using AptaGrow as a meal replacement is not recommended.