When two people fall in love, it can be due to many reasons and circumstances. They could’ve met online and got along really well. Maybe they were introduced by common friends at a party and hit it off with each other immediately. Perhaps they ran into each other randomly and vibed with each other.
Regardless of how two people meet, their zodiac signs play a pivotal role in determining how compatible they are. If you are an Aries–Cancer couple, you might have done your research and read that Aries and Cancer are very different from each other. While this may be true, let’s find out if Aries and Cancer make a great couple and are compatible in love and friendship.
Are Aries And Cancer Compatible?
The answer to this question depends on your definition of “compatibility.” On the surface, Aries and Cancer may seem to be polar opposites with significantly different traits that do not align. Aries tend to be impulsive and spontaneous when it comes to relationships, whereas Cancerians tend to be a little more cautious and pragmatic in their approach to romance. However, this difference in approach doesn’t make them fundamentally incompatible.
After all, people are far more than just their zodiac signs, and many complex factors come into play in bringing two people together in a relationship. Sometimes, their differences can complement each other well and help build a complete and healthy relationship.
Do Cancer And Aries Get Along?
In theory, Cancer and Aries are not likely to get along. Firstly, Aries is a fire sign, while Cancer is a water sign, which already makes them polar opposites. Furthermore, their motivations and inclinations may differ on a fundamental level. For example, Aries tend to exhibit a headstrong nature, an aptitude for leadership, and a lot of inner strength — all of which are qualities that most people appreciate.
Now, contrast this with Cancerians, who are providers and caregivers. They enjoy building a reliable support system for themselves and their loved ones.
However, despite their differences, they may admire and even love these qualities about each other. So, yes, Aries and Cancer have some obvious differences, but they can also complement each other and make a great couple. Read the next section to know more about how their differences turn out to be their strong points.
How Do Aries and Cancer Balance Each Other Out?
Aries and Cancer may not be in sync or harmony all the time due to their differences, but this doesn’t mean they cannot be together. In fact, their differences can be the core reasons for their romantic relationship to blossom.
- Aries is more of a loner who prefers to do things their own way. They like to be independent and not rely upon others. They also rarely confide in others and take comfort from having their personal space.
- Cancerians tend to be more connected to the people around them. Not only do they require a certain amount of emotional commitment from the people close to them, but they also give back tenfold to those who they love. Cancerians are also a lot more emotive, prone to mood swings, and excitable than Aries.
- So, while an Aries can help a Cancerian become less sensitive to outside opinion and care only about the people that matter, a Cancerian can, conversely, help an Aries take other’s help and feedback when those are genuine.
- An Aries can help a Cancerian become a little more independent and self-reliant, while a Cancerian can remind an Aries that they do not always have to do things independently and that people are more than willing to help if they require it.
- Between the two of them, they can find a middle ground that not only softens the edges around their personality traits but makes them both better for it.
A successful Aries–Cancer relationship comprises two independent adults who aren’t afraid of feedback and aren’t clingy or overemotional. They are also emotionally responsive, sensitive, and pleasant to people around them and appreciate each other for their differences.
Reasons An Aries–Cancer Relationship Might Work
The following are a few advantages of an Aries–Cancer relationship.
- The common ground that both Aries and Cancer find in any serious relationship is their commitment to their partner. Commitment is one trait that they both share, regardless of how they choose to display it.
- Both these zodiac signs are also fiercely protective of the ones they love and will look out for each other’s happiness and security in whatever way possible.
- The more introverted Cancerian Crab can help the more impulsive Aries exercise caution, while Aries can help the Cancerian come out of their shell.
- An Aries can inspire a Cancer to be more fearless and outgoing, while a Cancerian can help soften the temper that Aries tends to display.
- The passion of an Aries and the caring nature of a Cancerian set the bedrock of an ideal relationship.
Problems An Aries–Cancer Relationship Might Face
An Aries–Cancer relationship can turn topsy-turvy if they do not manage their differences. Here are a few cons of an Aries–Cancer relationship.
- Both Aries and Cancer tend to be grounded in their beliefs and are pretty stubborn when it comes to their core convictions.
- An argument between the two tends to end in a deadlock, with neither side willing to budge or back down from what they think is right. While Aries will likely stand their ground and forget about it, a Cancerian tends to be a little more emotional and takes it to heart, which could result in resentment.
- Cancer is a little unpredictable and tends to be moody and volatile, which can dampen the enthusiasm of Aries.
- Cancer may confuse Aries’ relative lack of emotion as disinterest.
Love Match Between An Aries Man And A Cancer Woman
- A Cancer woman tends to be tender and inviting and fosters a sense of comfort for the typically independent Aries man.
- The outgoing Aries man who doesn’t care much about permanence can seem attractive and adventurous to a Cancer woman.
- A Cancer woman will show a great degree of emotions and empathy to an Aries man who will return the favor with his trademark passion and enthusiasm, further strengthening the attraction the two feel towards each other.
- A Cancer woman can help an Aries man overcome his tendency of reacting too rashly to something that’s bothering him.
- An Aries man will go out of his way to protect and care for a Cancer woman he loves.
- Conflicts can arise later in the relationship, especially with regard to settling down or financial decisions. While an Aries man will be less concerned with these and may prefer to solve things using his trademark instinct, a Cancer woman will like to be well-prepared and cautious for whatever lies ahead and may regard an Aries man’s outlook towards these serious issues as careless.
- It is crucial a Cancer woman expresses her point of view to the Aries man without coming across as restrictive or making the Aries man feel like he’s being held back.
- Similarly, an Aries man needs to exercise his freedom without letting his Cancer woman feel like he’s impulsive or reckless with their relationship and future.
With a healthy amount of conversation and compromise, the two can achieve a balanced relationship.
Love Match Between A Cancer Man And An Aries Woman
- A Cancer man is “quietly ambitious.” He is focused on his career and future without being too exuberant or extroverted about it. This doesn’t mean he doesn’t want to be appreciated or recognized for it — he is emotional to the core and likes being appreciated by those he loves.
- An Aries woman is more open about her career and future. She takes on any challenge head-on and uses her charisma and headstrong nature to overcome it. If she feels she is not in the right field or place, she will happily change careers.
- A Cancer man is deeply loyal and faithful. With this uncompromising loyalty that ties him to his partner on a deeply spiritual level, he is not likely to look at another woman, much less act on an impulse.
- An Aries woman can act impulsively at times. She can do things that can seem rash and hasty without thinking of the effects her actions have on other people. This same impulsive instinct lets her appreciate the love her Cancer partner showers on her, and she would reciprocate it in her own way.
- A Cancer man finds dating an Aries Woman a challenge and adventure, and an Aries woman appreciates all the qualities that make a Cancer man a perfect gentleman and partner.
- A Cancer man feels like a protector and fulfills his need to be masculine and provide when an Aries woman lets her optimism and instinct flow unfettered in their relationship. She also allows him to open up about his insecurities and fears.
- Similarly, an Aries woman feels feminine and at her best when her impulsive and often childlike desires are entertained by a loving Cancer partner who knows how important it is for her to let loose.
- However, this can also be the cause of conflict in the relationship. When a headstrong Aries woman overpowers the soft-spoken Cancer male, he may feel emasculated.
- An Aries woman can feel like she’s making no progress with a stubborn Cancer male who is set in his ways and refuses to change his perspective, which to her seems narrow-minded.
- A Cancer male is typically great at wooing his partner. Special gestures, gifts, outings, etc., will abound. He has to accept that she may not reciprocate on these fronts — not because she doesn’t care but rather because she is wired to show love in a different way than him.
Sexual Compatibility Between Aries And Cancer
This is perhaps one of the most significant differences between the two zodiacs. Let’s find out why.
- While Cancerians see themselves as asexual beings, Aries tend to be more impulsive and responsive to attraction.
- A Cancerian generally opens up to someone on a physically intimate level only after they’ve achieved a certain level of trust and comfort with them. They see their sexuality as an extension of their emotional bond with someone they care for.
- Aries are generally more concerned with the physical aspect of sexuality. They do not often overthink it or tie it with other aspects of a relationship. For them, intimacy is what it is, a physical expression of their emotional state and not the more intricate and sensitive construct that it is to a Cancerian.
- Cancerians tend to withhold physical intimacy until they’re showered with attention and tenderness, while Aries tend to be more impulsive in situations involving sexuality. This can lead to a disconnect between a Cancer and Aries couple even early on in a relationship.
- With time, patience, and understanding, however, Aries and Cancer can complement each other sexually, with the Cancer’s giving and nurturing traits merging well with the Aries’ passion and excitement.
While it may seem that Cancer and Aries are inherently incompatible given their differing outlook towards life and distinctive traits, they can form a formidable bond. Aries can be impulsive and headstrong, something a Cancerian partner can help tone down and control.
Similarly, the more reclusive and withdrawn Cancerian crab can be coaxed out of their shells by the enthusiastic and adventurous Aries.
The loving and homely nature of a Cancerian and the fierce loyalty and passion of an Aries can help form a perfect harmony between them. While it may initially be rocky and there may be stumbling blocks on the way, their effort and hard work will see them through the challenging initial phase.