If you are struggling with infertility and are looking for a natural approach to manage the issue, the Baba Ramdev yoga postures for fertility may prove effective.
The Indian yoga guru Baba Ramdev is famous for his holistic yoga approach toward healing. Fertility is a common problem and may arise due to different reasons. You can try these yoga poses that focus on stimulating the body’s reproductive organs and related functions. These yoga postures can be included in your daily routine for a healthy mind and body while increasing your chances of conceiving and starting a family.
Keep reading this post for a therapeutic yoga program with some Baba Ramdev yoga poses to help resolve infertility issues. We will also provide you with an overview of the role of yoga in inducing fertility.
How Can Yoga Postures Treat Infertility?
Yoga is a practice that benefits both the mind and body. It involves different physical postures, breathing exercises, and relaxation techniques that strengthens the immune system and promotes overall well-being. Practicing the asanas can help tone the muscles and strengthen the organs. Some asanas help to improve the blood circulation in the pelvic region, enhance the downward flow of prana, clear up the constricted uterine, and promote hormonal balance, increasing a woman’s chances of conceiving (1). Couples who are struggling to start a family can try certain yoga postures to boost their shot at parenthood.
Eight Effective Baba Ramdev Yoga Postures For Infertility
Here are some poses of ramdev baba yoga for infertility that are effective:
1. Sarvangasana (Shoulder Stand):
The shoulder stand posture helps to cure the reproductive problems of women. The blood from the different parts of the body rushes to the pelvic region and boosts the functioning of the reproductive organs. It also strengthens the uterine ligaments and may benefit the cardiovascular system by improving blood circulation.
2. Matsyasana (Fish Pose):
The posture induces an additional stretch on the endocrine system, involving the thyroid and parathyroid glands, which improves the supply of blood to the pituitary gland. It also stretches the liver, intestines, pancreas and abdomen. It redirects the flow of blood to the reproductive organs and treats problems of infertility efficiently.
3. Ardha Matsyendrasana (Half Lord Of The Fishes Pose):
The posture increases the spine’s flexibility by stretching the back muscles, which can help promote musculoskeletal system health. In addition, the asana increases blood circulation in the pelvic region. It also enhances women’s health by curing menstrual problems and urinary tract disorders.
4. Paschimottanasana (Forward Bend Pose):
The posture is effective for balancing the menstrual cycle as it stimulates the ovaries and uterus. It helps to treat pelvic congestion, cure impotency, and enhance sexual prowess. (2)
5. Baddha Konasana (Butterfly Position):
The posture can also help with men’s health as it stimulates the abdominal organs, prostate gland, etc. On the other hand, it helps correct menstrual disorders in women. Therefore, the asana improves the reproductive health of both men and women as it increases the flexibility of the pelvic muscles and boosts the blood circulation in the abdominal region.
6. Viparitakarani Asana (Legs Up The Wall):
The posture gently stretches the back, hamstrings, and lower portion of the body. It helps to treat urinary disorders. If you suffer from intense menstrual cramps, you can practice this posture to bid farewell to your monthly discomfort. The pose also helps with stress reduction, a major cause of infertility among couples today (3).
7. Upavistha Konasana (Seated Wide Angle Forward Bend):
The posture stretches the spine, buttocks, inner thighs, and hamstring muscles. It induces an increase in the blood flow to the pelvic region. The pose stimulates the abdominal organs, including the ovaries. It can also help to get relief from pelvic congestion and strengthen pelvic floor muscles.
8. Hastapadasana (Standing Forward Bend):
Yoga is one of the oldest holistic healthcare systems that combine physical, mental, and spiritual approaches, along with meditation to aid in improving the overall health of an individual. Ayurveda uses yoga asanas as natural remedies to resolve many menstrual issues in women. Asanas such as Sarvangasana or Baddha Konasana increase blood supply to the reproductive system of both men and women and stimulate the hormone-secreting glands. Therefore, regular practice of the Baba Ramdev yoga postures for fertility is advisable to reap optimal benefits.
Infographic: More Fertility Yoga Postures To Boost Fertility
Unhealthy lifestyle habits, increased age of conception, several diseases, stress, and other factors have led to increased instances of infertility in many men and women. While medical fertility treatments would be required in most cases, yoga poses in the infographic below may also aid in boosting fertility.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Kapalbhati good for conceiving?
Yes. Kapalbhati Kriya and Pranayama are among the most common and recommended yoga practices for conceiving and boosting fertility. Besides, it works on the digestive system and may act as a natural remedy for various ailments (4). This has to be avoided in cases of High Blood Pressure, Hypertension, Heart Issue, and Vertigo.
2. Does Surya Namaskar help in infertility?
Surya Namaskar is one of the most effective yoga sequences for polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), which can lead to infertility, irregular menstruation, and other pregnancy concerns. Hence, treating PCOS may help cure PCOS-related fertility issues (5).
3. Are there any precautions or contraindications to practicing Baba Ramdev Yoga for fertility?
You may start yoga slowly with easy poses to avoid any injuries. You may also focus on your breathing and practice more of what you feel comfortable with. Practicing difficult poses without proper alignment of the body can pose a risk of injuries.
4. What role does stress play in fertility, and how can Baba Ramdev Yoga help reduce stress and anxiety?
Stress leads to the release of hormones that cause neuroendocrine changes that affect fertility, and yoga is beneficial for stress reduction and overall well-being (8).
5. How frequently should one practice Baba Ramdev Yoga postures for fertility, and for how long?
For maximum benefits, one must practice these yoga postures regularly for as long as they feel comfortable. You may start with ten minutes and gradually increase the time.
- Infertility is a multifactorial disorder, and yoga may offer a holistic treatment.
- Yoga poses recommended by Baba Ramdev can stimulate reproductive organs and facilitate ideal conditions for conception.
- Sarvangasana, Matsyasana, Ardha Matsyendrasana, Upavistha Konasana, and Baddha Konasana can increase blood flow to the pelvic region and boost reproductive organ functionality.
- Viparitakarani helps treat urinary disorders and alleviate the intensity of menstrual cramps.
- Paschimottanasana can help cure impotence and enhance sexual prowess.
Discover how to use yoga to treat your infertility and achieve pregnancy. Learn more about the use of yoga to help you overcome infertility and get pregnant in this informative and enlightening video.
- Bekah Wright; (2008); Fertility: It’s A Stretch.
- Yoga poses for fertility and conception.
- Boost fertility with yoga.
- Yoga and infertility.
- Yoga poses for PCOS.
- Sarvangasana – The Shoulder Stand.
- The Science Behind Upavistha Konasana.
- Stefano Palomba et al; (2018); Lifestyle and fertility: the influence of stress and quality of life on female fertility