If you are a new parent, changing diapers is probably one of your least favorite tasks. However, your baby needs frequent diaper changes in the first few months. So, here’s our list of the best baby changing tables to make your task easy. Diaper changes are challenging, especially if your child is fussy and fidgety. A changing table lets you lay your baby down and use both hands to change diapers conveniently.
However, choosing the right changing table might be challenging, with various options available. So, go through the tried-and-tested products listed below to find one that suits your needs.
13 Best Diaper Changing Tables
1. Best Overall: Delta Children Infant Changing Table
Delta Children’s wooden changing table has two shelves too, making it a trusted choice. This baby dresser features a collapsible design, which means you can disassemble it for easy storage. The table is available in five colors.
- The table comes with a changing pad that snugly fits on top of the table.
- The manufacturer ships the table with all the tools you need for assembly.
- There are high guard rails on all four sides of the changing area for the protection of the baby.
- The height of the table is only three feet after assembly. Tall parents may find it uncomfortable to bend and change the baby’s diaper.
- Some reviewers report a strong chemical smell, quite likely from the paint on the wood or the wood itself.
"This changing table is lovely, though I'm not fond of the thin mat. Nevertheless, it's been a great match with the white crib and has a suitable height for my tall self, making it great for changing my baby."
2. Best Secure: Graco Changing Table
The wooden changing table by the trusted brand Graco is simple and comes with all the tools you will need to assemble it. The diaper changing table is safe, made entirely of wood and colored using non-toxic paint. Take a look at this reviewer’s video to get more information on the product.
- It has high guard rails that create a deep changing area for the best safety of the infant.
- The table ships with a water-resistant diaper changing pad. The pad also has a safety strap to keep the baby securely in place during the changing process.
- The table is certified by three credible certification bodies – Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association (JPMA), United States Consumer Product Safety Commission (US CPSC), and ASTM International.
- The changing pad may come across as thin, and the strap may not fit all babies. However, parents can replace the pad with any other changing pad of their choice.
"I was pleasantly surprised by the beautiful construction and the relative ease of assembly, which only took me about 30 minutes. Although there were concerns about its odor, a little bit of airing fixed that. The sturdy yet lightweight table fits perfectly into my small nursery, and the storage space is much appreciated."
3. Best Multifunctional: Costzon Baby Changing Table
This baby-friendly diaper changing table comes with plenty of space for storing essentials. The table is made with natural oak hardwood, painted with environmentally-friendly, water-based paint.
- It comes with six storage baskets – three small and three large ones. Each basket goes into its slot like a drawer. There is a slot on each storage drawer to keep a label card so that others at home know what is inside it.
- The screws embed once they fit into position and pose no risk of scratches for the parent.
- There is a diaper changing pad with a safety strap on the top. The natural wood table has guard rails on the side.
- The assembly instructions have mislabeled parts, and most guidelines are imparted through images, which can make the assembly a bit tricky. The manufacturer does not ship the product with tools necessary to assemble.
- The guard rails can be low for older infants.
"Once put together, the sturdiness of the table impressed me. Although slightly complicated to assemble, the table serves its purpose well, and the drawer space is fairly adequate."
|Delta Children Infant Changing Table||Graco Changing Table||Costzon Baby Changing Table|
|Weight||34.5 pounds||33 pounds||60 pounds|
|Dimensions||35 x 19.75 x 39.25 inches||37 x 19.25 x 44 inches||35.5 x 23 x 39 inches|
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
4. Most Unique: Badger Basket Corner Changing Table
This is a compact diapering table with drawers designed to take the corner space in the room. Trusted by moms, it works best when you do not have a lot of space for a diaper changing table in the nursery. This video offers a more detailed explanation of the baby dresser.
- It comes with six shelves, three on either side. It also has two front drawers, one small and another large. The racks are designed for easy access even when the table is in a corner.
- The top side shelves provide a place to keep all the things that you need while diapering. It eliminates the need to place them on the changing pad.
- You get a diaper changing pad with a safety strap. The position of the pad is such that the baby lies down vertically, thus making it easy to access the baby’s diapers.
- There are no guard rails around the diaper changing pad. Also, some parents find the changing pad a bit thin.
- The shelves are triangular, which makes it hard to find a basket that will fit into them.
"I found the corner-fitting design of this changing table pretty resourceful for saving space in my small nursery. Despite some mismatched holes, the assembling process was smooth. Overall, it's been an aesthetic and helpful addition to my little one’s room."
5. Best Stylish: Dream On Me Emily Changing Table
The baby furniture is made of wood and comes in 11 color options, letting you pick one that blends well with your home decor.
- The two shelves are wide and provide an adequate storage area to place baskets. You can also use the shelves as racks to store objects on it directly.
- The guard rails will be suitable for infants of most ages.
- The manufacturer ships the table with a changing pad.
- Some parents have reported the assembled product to be a bit flimsy and shaky, but that can vary on the item received.
"I adore this changing table. With a straightforward assembly and ample storage space, it has become quite the helper. It comfortably fits my boys, aged three and fifteen months, making diaper changes a breeze."
6. Best Anti-Tip: Babyletto Hudson 3-Drawer Changer Dresser
This mom-approved changing table features a classic design and works as a dresser when you are done using it as a changing table. Since it works as a regular dresser, it comes with a lot of storage options, so you can definitely test it out.
- Four storage spaces – three small drawers and one cabinet space.
- You can remove the changing table from the top so that you can use it as a dresser.
- It comes with an anti-tip feature that prevents the table from getting shaky even when the baby is moving around while changing diapers.
- It is crafted from non-toxic materials.
- Some parents did not find the quality of the wood at par with other wooden diaper changing tables.
"I was immediately taken with this beautifully designed dresser. Although it is very heavy, the attractive build of the dresser and the smooth gliding drawers are a plus. It has been a great addition to my little one's room."
7. Best For Taller Parents: DaVinci Jenny Lind Changing Table
A changing table with two shelves made entirely of 100% sustainable pine wood from New Zealand. Taller parents will be happy with the height of the table.
- You get a waterproof changing pad with a safety belt along with the table.
- The height of the table is 40 inches (3.3 feet), which makes changing diapers less cumbersome for taller individuals.
- The manufacturer ships it with an anti-tip kit to keep the table secure.
- A few parents found the paint chipping away from the delivered piece.
- It is on the pricier side when compared to other diaper changing tables.
"The assembly process was so easy that I could set up this unit while pregnant. Although the shelves could be sturdier, the functionality it presents is commendable. With appropriate-sized storage boxes and a thick changing pad, it's a product I appreciate."
8. Best Versatile: South Shore 2-Drawer Changing Table
A solidly built changing table, this one might be a trusted choice. It can also double as a conventional dresser. The two color options allow you to pick one that goes the best with the existing décor of your home.
- There is one large open shelf with two drawers at the bottom. The shelf is large enough to accommodate storage baskets.
- There is a single guard rail on the top, and the edges are rounded for the safety of the baby.
- It does not ship with a changing pad so you will have to buy one that fits on top of the table.
- The assembling is a bit complicated, which is compounded by the lack of included tools.
9. Best Foldable: Joymor 2-in-1 Folding Baby Changing Table
The Joymor two-in-one folding table features a one-click folding option for compact storage. This versatile and mom-approved piece of furniture allows you to use it as a changing table, massage table, drying rack, shoe rack, and more.
- The diaper-changing table is height adjustable and ensures the parent is ache-free and comfortable.
- It is made of skin-safe Oxford fabric and has a rust-proof iron frame for sturdiness.
- It has four wheels that are lockable for safety.
- It features a large double-layer basket with five compartments.
- The wheels might get jammed, making it difficult to move around.
- Some may find it bigger than expected
"I found this changing table truly lovable. The table offers ample storage, and its height is just right. Although on the larger end, the collapsible design and the smooth-sliding wheels make it easy to store or move the table."
10. Best Baby-Safe: Delta Children 2-in-1 Changing Table
It works both as a storage solution and as a diaper changing table. You can pick the table in four colors and test it out with or without the changing pad, depending on your requirements.
- There is one shelf below the changing table and a large storage bin at the bottom. The container is large enough to store baby clothing or baby’s bedding and toys. The table can double as a storage rack later.
- There are raised edges at the changing area with a guard rail at the front so that the baby stays safe. You get a changing pad too.
- It is made from solid wood with baby-safe paint. It is also certified by the JPMA.
- May have problems with the panel alignment and improper placement of holes for the screws.
"I got this changing table as a gift and love its versatility. Although it was slightly time-consuming to assemble, the trouble was worth it. I currently use this handy table to change my little one's diaper, foreseeing its future use for toy storage. Despite some initial hiccups, the finished product has been sturdy and functional."
11. Best Changing Table With Crib Storkcraft Portofino 4-in-1 Changing Table
It works as a baby crib, toddler day bed, full-size toddler bed, and a changing table. It is like a one-stop solution to all that the baby needs as they gradually transition to toddlerhood. You may check this video for a better understanding of this tried-and-tested baby furniture.
- Along with the four features of the product, you also get three drawers and three storage shelves to keep things organized.
- The panels around the bed and changing table can be removed. You can retain this piece of furniture in a crib, toddler bed, and day bed setup.
- The high guard rails create a safe table for changing the baby’s diapers. You also get a diaper changing pad.
- There are too many parts to assemble. Also, several parents report improper labeling of components, poor instructions, and confusion about the location of screws.
12. Best Space-Saving: Koala Kare Wall Mounted Baby Changing Station
This is a trusted diaper changing table for parents who desire to save space. It is a wall-mounted changing table that has a polypropylene plastic body on top of a rigid steel frame. You can use the table just as you would a standard dresser for diaper change.
- The table is hinged, which means you can fold it into the wall when not in use to save space.
- The plastic on the table is antibacterial.
- The diaper-changing platform is crafted using durable material and can hold a weight of up to 200 pounds (90 kilograms), which is more than enough for changing the diapers of infants and toddlers.
- In its folded position, the table extends out by only four inches from the wall, which makes it compact in a folded position.
- You will have to get the table installed by a professional if you want a sturdy and secure fit.
- It may not be easy to get a ready-made changing pad for the table, and you may have to get one custom-stitched.
"This diaper-changing unit has been my companion since day one. Although it often appeared ajar due to the strap interference, a quick adjustment set it right. It just needs proper anchoring, and you can change your little one’s diaper even when in the office or at home."
13. Best Portable: Costzon Folding Diaper Station
Crafted using high-quality materials, it is best for parents seeking a portable yet turdy option. You can place this baby-friendly table dresser anywhere in the house and also carry it along on road trips
- The hinged steel frame lets you fold the table. Steel brings rigidity and durability. The frame has anti-skid feet.
- The table features a multipurpose design. Use it as a diaper changing table and remove the pad to use it as a bathing table.
- There are slots on the side of the table to place all the baby essentials like lotions, napkins, etc. A sling shelf at the bottom provides space to place the diapers.
- The surface of the diaper changing table is made from waterproof PVC.
- Some parents find it hard to assemble the pipe that drains out the used water from the bathing table.
- Despite the rigidity of the frame, a few parents feel the table is not suited for older and heavier infants.
"This changing table is firm and has a foldable body, ideal for limited-space households like mine. Though petite individuals may find it high, it’s perfect for taller folks. The inclusion of a changing pad was a pleasant surprise. Its back-supporting height and longevity are reasons enough to love this table."
Maintaining and upkeep of the diaper changing table is as important as picking the right one. Next, we give you tips for the best use of diaper changing tables.
Why Get A Diaper Changing Table?
You may wonder if you really need a separate table to change diapers. Well, yes. You may invest in a diaper changing table for the following reasons.
- Hygiene: It is not very hygienic to put the soiled diaper of the baby everywhere. A diaper changing table is a separate space exclusively for changing the dirty diapers of the baby, preventing the spreading of germs.
- Safety for the baby: The diaper changing tables usually have guard rails on the sides for the baby’s safety. They prevent the baby from slipping and falling should they roll over while they’re being changed. Even tables with no guard rails have raised edges that act as safety bumpers.
- Easy for parents: Parents may have to bend or position themselves awkwardly when changing diapers of a baby placed on a pad on the floor. However, diaper changing tables are of the right height for an adult to reach out to the baby while standing straight.
- Storage space: Nearly all diaper changing tables come with shelves or drawers, providing additional storage space. You can store the baby’s diapers, wipes, tissues, and other accessories conveniently at one place without having to search for them every time.
There are various types of diaper changing tables to choose from, depending on what works best for your usage.
How To Choose A Diaper Changing Table?
There are various types of diaper changing tables to choose from, depending on what works best for your usage. Consider the following points or features before choosing a diaper changing table.
- Dimensions: Measure the table and check if it fits where you want to place it. Also, pick a table with a height that suits both the parents and caretakers who change the baby’s diapers the most.
- Storage: Pick a baby-friendly table with adequate drawers or shelves to store the things that you would like to have handy when changing a diaper.
- Guard rails and weight limit: Choose tables with safety features like raised edges or guardrails at the edge of the platform. Another safety check is to see the weight limit supported by the table.
- Style and design: A diaper changing table will look inconspicuous when it goes along with the interior decor. Choose a design that is in sync with the existing furniture in the room.
Tips For Using Diaper Changing Tables
- Store diapers on or close to the table: Use the storage space provided on the table to keep the diapers, lotions, and other essentials within reach while changing diapers. If your diaper table does not come with ample storage options, then keep the things handy in a bag, close to the table.
- Use the safety strap: Several tables come with diaper pads that have safety straps. Strap your junior before you start changing the diaper so that they stay secure even when squirming.
- No sleep, no play on changing table: Diaper tables are not ideal for a baby to nap or play without adult supervision. This is because the table’s height is designed for the adults to change the diaper, and could put the baby at the risk of falling, in spite of the guard rails.
Rachel Nelson, a mommy influencer, entrepreneur, and experienced in-home nanny, says, “Before choosing a diaper-changing table, consider where you plan to place it in your nursery. You can change the baby’s diaper more conveniently when the table is positioned such that the baby’s feet face you. However, if space is limited, you can learn to change the diaper by standing at the side of the table.”
Why Trust MomJunction?
If you are a new parent, a convenient changing table can help make diaper changes easy for you. However, with a host of online options, it might be tough to pick the most suitable product. To help you out, we present a list of the best baby changing tables from trusted brands, along with their pros and cons. We have also included how-to-use and how-to-choose sections to help you make the right choice. These products are safe, durable, high-quality, and efficient and have been chosen after considering user feedback to offer you an unbiased opinion.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I need a changing table?
Changing the baby’s diaper while bending over may not be comfortable or ideal for your back. Hence, a changing table comes in handy. Moreover, these tables come with shelves or drawers to store all the diapers in one place in an organized manner.
2. Are baby changing tables safe?
Yes, they are generally safe. However, never leave the baby unattended to prevent them from rolling off the table (1).
3. What should my changing table be made of?
Changing tables made of JPMA-and-ASTM-approved non-toxic materials are safe for babies. Also, water-resistant materials make them easy to maintain.
4. When do babies outgrow changing tables??
Most babies outgrow a changing table after they turn two years or when they weigh 30 pounds. However, since the table’s upper age limit and weight capacity may vary across brands, read the product details provided by the manufacturer (1).
5. Can my baby sleep on a changing table?
Since diaper changing tables don’t have secure or high enough guard rails and are too small to facilitate tossing and turning, they should not be used for sleep under any circumstance.
6. How tall should a changing table be?
It should be tall enough to let you maintain a good posture while changing the child’s diaper. The height of changing tables may vary from 35 to 44 inches.
7. What precautions should I take when using a changing table?
Here are some of the standard precautions (1).
- Strap a safety belt on the baby if possible.
- Never leave the baby unattended.
- Keep all the diaper-changing supplies well within your reach.
- Always adhere to the maximum age and weight limits specified by the manufacturer.
Every new parent needs a changing table as they make the dreaded task of changing diapers a little easier. They generally feature a padded or cushioned waterproof surface and come with guard rails to provide a safe and comfortable space to change diapers for your little one. When choosing the best changing table for your home, ensure that you measure the space to get one that fits comfortably in the available space and comes with spacious drawers or shelves to store other baby essentials like creams and toys. Also, do not forget to consider the table’s style to ensure that it fits well with your aesthetic.
Infographic: Essentials To Add To Your Baby’s Diaper Changing Table
Diaper-changing tables provide a dedicated space for hassle-free diaper changes. You can enhance their utility and functionality by storing all the essential items within arm’s reach. Check out the infographic below to learn about the vital items you need to stash in the table for convenience.
- Choosing Safe Baby Products: Changing Tables
- Choosing Safe Baby Products: Changing Tables.