If you are a new parent, changing diapers is probably one of your least favorite tasks. However, your baby needs frequent diaper changes in the first few months. So, here’s our list of the best baby changing tables to make your task easy. Diaper changes are challenging, especially if your child is fussy and fidgety. A changing table lets you lay your baby down and use both hands to change diapers conveniently.
However, choosing the right changing table might be challenging, with various options available. So, go through the products listed below to find one that suits your needs.
13 Best Diaper Changing Tables
Delta Children’s wooden changing table has two shelves too. The design is collapsible, which means you can disassemble it for easy storage. The table is available in five colors.
- The table comes with a changing pad that snugly fits on top of the table.
- The manufacturer ships the table with all the tools you need for assembly.
- There are high guard rails on all four sides of the changing area for the protection of the baby.
- The height of the table is only three feet after assembly. Tall parents may find it uncomfortable to bend and change the baby’s diaper.
- Some parents report a strong chemical smell, quite likely from the paint on the wood or the wood itself.
Shop Related Products:
The wooden changing table is simple and comes with all the tools you will need to assemble it. The diaper changing table is made entirely of wood and colored using non-toxic paint.
- It has high guard rails that create a deep changing area for the best safety of the infant.
- The table ships with a water-resistant diaper changing pad. The pad also has a safety strap to keep the baby securely in place during the changing process.
- The table is certified by three credible certification bodies – Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association (JPMA), United States Consumer Product Safety Commission (US CPSC), and ASTM International.
- The changing pad may come across a thin, and the strap may not fit all babies. However, parents can replace the pad with any other changing pad of their choice.
Shop Related Products:
This diaper changing table comes with plenty of storage space. The table is made with natural oak hardwood, painted with environmentally-friendly, water-based paint.
- It comes with six storage baskets – three small and three large ones. Each basket goes into its slot like a drawer. There is a place on each drawer to keep a label card so that others at home know what is inside it.
- The screws embed once they fit into position and pose no risk of scratches for the parent.
- There is a diaper changing pad with a safety strap on the top. The table has guard rails on the side.
- The assembly instructions have mislabeled parts, and most guidelines are imparted through images, which can make the assembly a bit tricky. The manufacturer does not ship the product with tools necessary to assemble.
- The guard rails can be low for older infants.
Shop Related Products:
This is a compact diaper changing table designed to take the corner space in the room. It works best when you do not have a lot of space for a diaper changing table in the nursery.
- It comes with six shelves, three on either side. It also has two front drawers, one small and another large. The racks are designed for easy access even when the table is in a corner.
- The top side shelves provide a place to keep all the things that you need while changing diapers. It eliminates the need to place them on the changing pad.
- You get a diaper changing pad with a safety strap. The position of the pad is such that the baby lies down vertically, thus making it easy to access the baby’s diapers.
- There are no guard rails around the diaper changing pad. Also, some parents find the changing pad a bit thin.
- The shelves are triangular, which makes it hard to find a basket that will fit into them.
No products Found
The table is made of wood and comes in 11 color options, letting you pick one that blends well with your home decor.
- The two shelves are wide and provide an adequate storage area to place baskets. You can also use the shelves as racks to store objects on it directly.
- The guard rails will be suitable for infants of most ages.
- The manufacturer ships the table with a changing pad.
- Some parents have reported the assembled product to be a bit flimsy and shaky, but that can vary on the item received.
Shop Related Products:
This changing table also works as a dresser when you are done using it as a changing table. Since it works as a dresser, it comes with a lot of storage options.
- Four storage spaces – three small drawers and one cabinet space.
- You can remove the changing table from the top so that you can use it as a dresser.
- It comes with an anti-tip feature that prevents the table from getting shaky even when the baby is moving around while changing diapers.
- Some parents did not find the quality of the wood at par with other wooden diaper changing tables.
A changing table with two shelves made entirely of 100% sustainable pine wood from New Zealand. Taller parents will be happy with the height of the table.
- You get a waterproof changing pad with a safety belt along with the table.
- The height of the table is 40 inches (3.3 feet), which makes changing diapers less cumbersome for taller individuals.
- The manufacturer ships it with an anti-tip kit to keep the table secure.
- A few parents found the paint chipping away from the delivered piece.
- It is on the pricier side when compared to other diaper changing tables.
A solidly built changing table, this one can double as a conventional dresser. The two color options allow you to pick one that goes the best with the existing décor of your home.
- There is one large open shelf with two drawers at the bottom. The shelf is large enough to accommodate storage baskets.
- There is a single guard rail on the top, and the edges are rounded for the safety of the baby.
- It does not ship with a changing pad so you will have to buy one that fits on top of the table.
- The assembling is a bit complicated, which is compounded by the lack of included tools.
Parents will love this tall, sleek, and portable design of the table. The design is basic, but then it also makes it one of the easiest diaper changing tables to assemble.
- This table has wheels, which makes it portable. Two out of four wheels are lockable for safety.
- You get a diaper changing pad. There is a guard rail on all four sides of the diaper changing area. Two bars on the sides let you hold the table while pushing it.
- The two shelves can hold all the things you will need during a diaper change, and still leave enough space to keep the other things.
- Some parents feel that the table may not be sturdy for use with older infants and toddlers.
It works both as a storage solution and as a diaper changing table. You can pick the table in four colors, and with or without the changing pad, depending on your requirement.
- There is one shelf below the changing table and a large storage bin at the bottom. The container is large enough to store the baby’s bedding and toys. The table can double as a storage rack later.
- There are raised edges at the changing area with a guard rail at the front so that the baby stays safe. You get a changing pad too.
- It is made from solid wood with baby-safe paint. It is also certified by the JPMA.
- May have problems with the panel alignment and improper placement of holes for the screws.
- Along with the four features of the product, you also get three drawers and three storage shelves to keep things organized.
- The panels around the bed and changing table can be removed. You can retain the changing table in a crib, toddler bed, and day bed setup.
- The high guard rails create a safe table for changing the baby’s diapers. You also get a diaper changing pad.
- There are too many parts to assemble. Also, several parents report improper labeling of components, poor instructions, and confusion about the location of screws.
This is an ideal diaper changing table for parents who desire to save space. It is a wall-mounted changing table that has polypropylene plastic body on top of a rigid steel frame. You can use the table just as you would a standard diaper changing table.
- The table is hinged, which means you can fold it into the wall when not in use to save space.
- The plastic on the table is antibacterial.
- The diaper changing platform can hold a weight of up to 200 pounds (90 kilograms), which is more than enough for changing the diapers of infants and toddlers.
- In its folded position, the table extends out by only four inches from the wall, which makes it compact in a folded position.
- You will have to get the table installed by a professional if you want a sturdy and secure fit.
- It may not be easy to get a ready-made changing pad for the table, and you may have to get one custom-stitched.
It is best for parents seeking a portable option. You can place this diaper changing table anywhere in the house and also carry it along on road trips.
- The hinged steel frame lets you fold the table. Steel brings rigidity and durability. The frame has anti-skid feet.
- The table features a multipurpose design. Use it as a diaper changing table and remove the pad to use it as a bathing table.
- There are slots on the side of the table to place all the baby essentials like lotions, napkins, etc. A sling shelf at the bottom provides space to place the diapers.
- The surface of the diaper changing table is made from waterproof PVC.
- Some parents find it hard to assemble the pipe that drains out the used water from the bathing table.
- Despite the rigidity of the frame, a few parents feel the table is not suited for older and heavier infants.
Maintaining and upkeep of the diaper changing table is as important as picking the right one. Next, we give you tips for the best use of diaper changing tables.
Why Get A Diaper Changing Table?
You may wonder if you really need a separate table to change diapers. Well, yes. You may invest in a diaper changing table for the following reasons.
- Hygiene: It is not very hygienic to put the soiled diaper of the baby everywhere. A diaper changing table is a separate space exclusively for changing the dirty diapers of the baby, preventing the spreading of germs.
- Safety for the baby: The diaper changing tables usually have guard rails on the sides for the baby’s safety. They prevent the baby from slipping and falling should they roll over while they’re being changed. Even tables with no guard rails have raised edges that act as safety bumpers.
- Easy for parents: Parents may have to bend or position themselves awkwardly when changing diapers of a baby placed on a pad on the floor. However, diaper changing tables are of the right height for an adult to reach out to the baby while standing straight.
- Storage space: Nearly all diaper changing tables come with shelves or drawers. You can store the baby’s diapers, wipes, tissues, and other accessories conveniently at one place without having to search for them every time.
There are various types of diaper changing tables to choose from, depending on what works best for your usage.
How To Choose A Diaper Changing Table?
Consider the following points or features before choosing a diaper changing table.
- Dimensions: Measure the table and check if it fits where you want to place it. Also, pick a table with a height that suits both the parents and caretakers who change the baby’s diapers the most.
- Storage: Pick a table with adequate drawers or shelves to store the things that you would like to have handy when changing a diaper.
- Guard rails and weight limit: Choose tables with safety features like raised edges or guardrails at the edge of the platform. Another safety check is to see the weight limit supported by the table.
- Style and design: A diaper changing table will look inconspicuous when it goes along with the interior decor. Choose a design that is in sync with the existing furniture in the room.
Next, we give you a list of the best diaper changing tables that you may consider while shopping.
Tips For Using Diaper Changing Tables
- Store diapers on or close to the table: Use the storage space provided on the table to keep the diapers, lotions, and other essentials within reach while changing diapers. If your diaper table does not come with ample storage options, then keep the things handy in a bag, close to the table.
- Use the safety strap: Several tables come with diaper pads that have safety straps. Strap your junior before you start changing the diaper so that they stay secure even when squirming.
- No sleep, no play on changing table: Diaper tables are not ideal for a baby to nap or play without adult supervision. This is because the table’s height is designed for the adults to change the diaper, and could put the baby at the risk of falling, in spite of the guard rails.
Diaper changing tables are parenting accessories that make the process of changing diapers systematic. You don’t have to run to the bathroom or place the baby in a bassinet for changing diapers. Keep the baby on the table, open the drawer, take out a fresh diaper, put it on the baby, and the task is done! These tables make parenting a bit easier and diaper changing not-so-bad!
Have something to share about diaper changing tables? Do tell us in the comment section below.