When you have a baby at home, you will have to change several diapers throughout the day to keep your child clean. So, here’s our list of the best baby diaper brands to help you choose the right one. These diapers will help your baby sleep comfortably at night, preventing you from waking up several times to change them when wet. They are made of skin-friendly materials to prevent rashes and irritation and are leak-proof for all-night protection. However, choosing the right diapers can be challenging with various available options. So, browse our products to find a suitable diaper brand for your child.
Our Top Picks
15 Best Baby Diaper Brands
1. Best Hypoallergenic: Huggies Little Snugglers Baby Diapers
This diaper’s gentle absorb liner keeps the baby’s skin fresh. Its soft-pocketed back waistband holds the diaper in place to avoid diaper blowouts. The hypoallergenic, soft, and breathable outer cover ensures the baby’s skin remains dry, clean, and comfortable. It is free of lotion and elemental chlorine. You can check out this video to understand the product better
- Comes with a wetness strip to alert you about nappy change
- Does not contain any latex or paraben
- Comes with a back waistband to avoid diaper blowouts
- Umbilical cord cut conceals the belly button when it heals
- May run small
- May lead to clumping
2. Best Reusable: Wegreeco Washable Reusable Baby Cloth Pocket Diapers
The cloth diaper set comprises six diapers, six inserts, and a wet bag. Made of 100% polyester and waterproof breathable PUL, it is designed to keep your baby fresh and comfortable. The colorful inserts made of microfiber and bamboo help keep your baby dry and provide extra absorbency. To understand the product better, watch this video.
- Washable and reusable to help reduce harmful plastic waste
- Soft exterior
- Leak-free and breathable
- One size fits all
- May not be suitable for overnight use
- May not suit heavy wetters
3. Best Paraben-Free: Huggies Little Movers Diapers
The diaper comes with a snug fit waistband to prevent instances of leaks. Its dry touch liner absorbs wetness, especially when the baby is on the go. The double-grip strips ensure that the diaper is in place. Its size-up indicator shows when the diaper needs to be changed. The diaper is free of fragrance, latex, lotion, and elemental chlorine.
- Contoured leg cut-out
- Prevents blowouts
- Silicone may come in contact with the skin if diaper experiences leakage
- May cause redness around the hips for some children
4. Best For Maximum Absorbency: Pampers Easy Ups Pull On Disposable Potty Training Underwear for Girls
It is designed like underwear, with a waistband that is easy to pull up. The waistband’s fully adjustable, stretchable, and easy-tear sides ensure that the diaper provides a good fit for the baby. While the inner cotton lining provides softness, this underwear-like diaper keeps the baby dry for long hours. Before buying, have a look at this video for more details
- Comes with multiple channels for good absorbency
- Has an extra outer lining for reducing chances of leakage
- Comes with sticker charts to reward their progress in being potty trained
- Comfortable fit
- May run small
- Sides might end up tearing when they are pulled
5. Best Slip-On Diaper: HUGGIES Little Movers Slip-On Diaper Pants
It looks like pants/underwear on the outside but works as a diaper on the inside. It is most suitable for infants who are learning to walk but are not potty-trained. For a more secure fitting, there are pull-tabs on either side that let you adjust the diaper. It provides around 12 hours of leakage protection. The diaper is fully stretchable and may not restrict the baby’s movements.
- Pre-fastened design reduces the need of adjusting the diaper
- Versatile for changing while standing or lying down
- Features adorable designs
- Slim fit
- May leave a gel residue on the child’s skin
- Cushioning effect in the diaper may not be sufficient
6. Best Moisture-Absorbing: Andy Pandy Biodegradable Bamboo Disposable Diapers
Made from moisture-absorbing and thermal-regulating bamboo, this diaper helps keep painful rashes at bay. Its hypoallergenic and antibacterial material helps prevent skin irritation and chafing.The wetness indicator shows when the diaper has to be changed, so the baby remains comfortable and happy.
- 3D form-fitting design gives a good fit and prevents leakages
- Comes with aloe liner to keep the skin hydrated and reduce itchiness
- Diapers are 87% biodegradable
- May not seal in fluids sometimes
- May run large
7. Best Plant-Based: Pampers Pure Disposable Baby Diapers, Hypoallergenic and Unscented Protection
This cottony soft diaper is specially designed to suit newborn babies. It is made of soft material that is gentle on the skin. Its stretchable sides provide a secure fit and prevent leakages. It comes with a wetness indicator and offers leakage protection for up to 12 hours. The hypoallergenic material protects the baby from skin allergies, and the diaper is free of fragrances and natural rubber latex.
- Elemental chlorine-free
- Free of parabens and EU 26 allergens
- Soft outer material
- Waistband helps keep the mess inside
- May sag when it becomes wet
- May not be suitable for overnight use
8. Best For Newborns: Amazon Brand – Mama Bear Best Fit Diapers
This diaper is specially designed to suit newborn babies. It is made of soft material that is gentle on the skin. The quilted liner absorbs wetness and keeps the baby feeling fresh. Its stretchable sides provide a secure fit and prevent leakages. It comes with a wetness indicator and offers leakage protection for up to 12 hours. The material protects the baby from skin allergies, and the diaper is free of fragrances and elemental chlorine.
- Pocketed waistband provides extra safety against leakages
- May not be suitable for overnight use
- Some children may be prone to rashes upon usage
9. Best Allergen-Free: Bambo Nature Eco-Friendly Baby Diapers Classic For Sensitive Skin
The diaper’s highly absorbent top dry system ensures that the diaper absorbs wetness quickly, leaving the baby dry. The thin, non-woven, breathable back sheet eliminates chances of skin rash or chafing. The diaper is free of allergens or substances likely to cause skin irritation or classified as carcinogenic or mutagenic.
- Danish Asthma/Allergy-certified
- Suitable for daytime use
- Dermatologically tested
- May be slightly thin
- Diapers may have a peculiar smell
10. Best Diaper With Wetness Indicator: Pampers Swaddlers Disposable Baby Diapers
The diaper’s heart quilts liner design provides soft comfort while keeping leakage in check. This flexible diaper can absorb wetness for as long as 12 hours.The wetness indicator color notifies the need to change the diaper.
- Contoured waistband protects child’s delicate umbilical cord stump to heal safely
- Comes with dual leak-guard barriers to protect baby’s skin
- Easy to take off for changing
- Comes with extra air channels to ensure that the baby is dry and comfortable
- May leave a residue on the child’s skin
- Diaper may look flimsy
11. Best Perfume-Free: Mama Bear Gentle Touch Diapers
Count on the Mama Bear Gentle Touch Diapers to offer excellent leakage protection during the day and at night. These dermatologically-tested diapers are free of synthetic chemicals, such as parabens, phthalates, chlorine, and bleach. The diapers offer a thin and snug fit to ensure your baby is dry and comfy.
- Free of perfumes and lotions
- Features a wetness indicator
- Flexible fit for comfortable movement
- Breathable outer cover
- Some diaper clasps may be a bit rough
- May run small
12. Best For Overnight Usage: Luvs Ultra Leakguards Disposable Baby Diapers
The diaper’s triple leak guard with three absorption areas provides absorbency for up to 12 hours. The wetness indicator turns blue when the diaper is fully soaked. The soft material makes the baby feel comfortable for long.
- Available in two designs
- Adjustable tabs offers a snug fit
- Can be used overnight
- Soft on the skin
- Some children may not like the heavy scent
- May not last overnight if the child flips or moves positions
13. Best Biodegradable: Earth’s Best TenderCare Chlorine-Free Disposable Baby Diapers
This diaper is made from biodegradable and eco-friendly materials. It does not contain any harmful dioxins that can be discharged into the environment. It is also free from dye and fragrance, so it is safe and gentle on the baby’s sensitive skin. Its stretchable panels and soft diaper material make it a comfortable fit for the baby
- Moisture barrier cuffs provide additional protection from leaks
- Does not contain any latex
- Chlorine-free pulp
- Available in different sizes and numbers
- Top layer of the diaper may stick to the skin
- May be prone to leaking
14. Best Multilayered: Huggies Snug & Dry Diapers
The diaper is designed with a four-layer quilted liner and a leak lock system that prevents leaks. It is free of elemental chlorine bleach, latex, and chemical-based fragrances that can cause allergies or irritation.
- Exclusive Mickey Mouse designs
- Fast absorbency
- Made to provide up to 12 hours of protection to keep the baby comfortable
- Changes color to indicate diaper change
- May be prone to falling off while full
- Tags may not stay on at night
15. Best Double Leak Guard: HUGGIES OverNites Diapers
It is designed specifically for nighttime wear. It’s snug fit waistband and double grip strips ensure no leaks occur. The wetness indicator strip further eliminates the chances of leaks. The diaper does not contain latex.
- Equipped with a leak guard to keep baby dry up to 12 hours
- Does not contain any chlorine bleaching
- Super soft material gives a pajama-like feel and fitting
- May be thin
- Excessive leakage may shred the diaper
What To Look For In A Baby Diaper?
To select the best diaper for your little one, you can look for these key features of a diaper that will keep your baby fresh and happy.
- Wetness indicator: Some diapers come with a color line, generally yellow, known as the wetness indicator at the bottom of the diaper. When this line turns blue, it means that you can change your baby’s diaper. This add-on is very useful when you are traveling or are in a public place with your baby and may not be able to check the diaper frequently.
- Added fragrance: Brands offer diapers with some fragrance to help keep bad odor at bay. Though this feature is useful when you are traveling or changing diapers in a public place, it is not recommended. Certain fragrances may not suit your baby’s skin and may cause skin irritation. It is okay to use a fragrant diaper occasionally, but it is best avoided.
- Size: This is an essential factor to consider when choosing a diaper. If a diaper is big for the baby, there are chances of leaks. And if the diaper is too tight, your baby might end up with rashes. A well-fitting diaper eliminates chances of leaks and keeps your baby dry and comfortable.
- Types of diapers: There are different types of diapers, such as organic diapers, disposable diapers, and cloth diapers that are available in the market. Organic diapers contain less amount of plastic and more amount of eco-friendly materials. Disposable diapers are one-time use diapers that are easy to put on, remove, and dispose of. However, they are made of indecomposable plastic, which harms the environment. And then, there are the cloth diapers that are cheap and environmentally friendly. The only problem with these, however, is the huge amount of laundry you will have to wash.
Why Trust MomJunction?
New parenthood comes with incessant diaper changing sessions. However, choosing the right diaper is essential to prevent your baby’s discomforts and unpleasant situations. Here we list some of the most trusted and baby skin-friendly diapers available in the market for you to consider. In addition, you may also take note of the crucial factors to consider before picking the right diaper for your little one. We have analyzed user reviews to ensure premium quality and to offer an unbiased opinion.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How many hours should a baby wear a diaper?
It is advisable to change your baby’s diapers every two to three hours or every time it is soiled (1). Keeping your baby’s body in contact with diapers for extended hours can expose them to polymers and scented chemicals, resulting in rashes, asthma, and more (2).
2. What is the right age for babies to use diapers?
Infants can use diapers as soon as they are born. However, caregivers or parents should change the diaper every two to three hours or whenever it is wet.
3. Can I wear my baby a diaper overnight?
Yes, you can. However, you need to switch to overnight diapers that are extra absorbent and leak-proof.
4. At what age should I stop using diapers for my baby?
You can do so once your baby is potty trained. Your baby may require potty training between 18 months and 2.5 years (3).
5. Why is my baby’s diapers leaking?
The most common reason for diaper leakage is the wrong diaper size. Ensure the diaper’s waistband sits below the belly button and side cuffs offer a snug fit.
6. How tight should a diaper be?
A perfectly fitting diaper should sit closely below the belly button. They should allow your little one to move easily and not leave marks.
Since every parent wants the best for their babies, you must spend enough time and effort to know about the best baby diaper brands. A brand that uses the right material free of toxins and chemicals is considered reliable as this helps prevent skin irritation or rashes. Furthermore, the diaper should be highly absorbent to retain the wetness without leaking at night. When you pick a brand that makes diapers with a wetness indicator, you don’t have to worry about leakage as you can easily tell when it’s time to change your baby’s diaper. So, analyze the pros and cons of different brands to find one that suits your needs.
- Why is my baby always getting diaper rashes?
- Disposable baby diaper–a threat to the health and environment
- When Should a Child Be Out Of Diapers?
View Profile ›