Baby food makers let you make any food palatable to babies and toddlers. This food appliance almost becomes a necessity once your baby is older than six months and is ready for solid food. Read this post if you are planning to get a baby food processor to blend fresh purees for your infant, but don’t know where to begin!
What Is A Baby Food Maker?
A baby food maker is a food processor that can blend solid food into purees that a baby and a toddler can easily eat. Baby food makers may also have additional features for steaming or cooking the food items (fruits and vegetables) before you blend them into a puree.
How To Choose A Baby Food Maker?
Look for the following features that can improve the functionality of a baby food maker.
- Cooking or steaming feature: Cooking and steaming feature allow you to cook the fruit or the vegetable before pureeing it. Several baby food makers have this as an in-built feature.
- Warm and heat option: Warming or heating features make it convenient to reheat the prepared purees.
- Attached serving or storage cup: You can remove the blending cup and feed the baby straight from it. The container comes with a lid to cover the food so that you can store it for later. This feature removes the hassle of transferring the puree into a cup before serving it to the baby.
Next is a list of the 15 best baby food makers you can choose from.
[ Read: Bottles For Babies ]
15 Best Food Makers
1. Baby Bullet Food System
Buy Baby Bullet Food System @ www.amazon.com
- Simple operation settings make it user-friendly. Makes purees from pre-cooked fruits, vegetables, and grains.
- It comes with a standard blade for fruits and vegetables, and a milling blade to blend grains to make cereals for the baby.
- Store the prepared puree directly in the blending bowl by covering it with a lid. You can also transfer it to a cup that ships with the blender.
- The food maker ships with six storage cups with dials on them, to mark the date you made the food.
- You get a silicone tray with slots that allow you to store the prepared puree in batches.
- Blending cup can be detached from the base containing the motor.
- Easy to wash components made from non-toxic plastic free from phthalates and BPA.
2. Beaba Baby Cook Food System
Buy Beaba Baby Cook Food System @ www.amazon.com
- A single food maker with four features: steam, cook, blend, and reheat.
- It can process a wide array of food items including fruits, vegetables, meat, and fish.
- It takes only 15 minutes to convert the food from a raw state to a puree that is edible for babies. The time is the same even for food items like chicken and potatoes that take longer to cook.
- Food items go into the steaming basket, which keeps the food separate from the water reservoir and prevents it from becoming too moist.
- Steam is condensed to water and collected into a stainless steel reservoir. It helps conserve water.
- The baby food processor ships with a cooking basket, spatula, and a mixing lid. All materials are free of BPA, lead, and phthalates.
3. Baby Brezza Baby Food Maker
Buy Baby Brezza Baby Food Maker @ www.amazon.com
- You can steam and blend the food. The machine can be set to automatically blend the food after steaming it first.
- It can process all kind of fruits, vegetables, and meat.
- Convenient to operate. Add the chopped food item, steam for the desired time to cook it and blend – all of it in one single container.
- The steaming-blending bowl and the blending blades are both dishwasher-safe.
- Made from durable plastic and metal. All materials are free of BPA and phthalate.
[ Read: Formulas For Babies ]
4. Cuisinart BFM-1000 Baby Food Maker
Buy Cuisinart BFM-1000 Baby Food Maker @ www.amazon.com
- Three-in-one operation: streams, blends, and can also warm the baby’s bottles.
- It can steam fruits, vegetables, and meat. Auto-off function switches off the food maker when water in reservoir evaporates entirely. It prevents overcooking of the food.
- A steam blade distributes steam for cooking the food.
- A single, large cooking bowl performs both the functions of steaming and chopping.
- A single dial to control all the operations, which makes the processor user-friendly.
5. Sage Spoonfuls Baby Food Maker
Buy Sage spoonfuls baby food maker @ www.amazon.com
- It comes with two components: a food processing bowl and an immersion blade, both powered by a hand-held motor.
- You can process the food in the blending bowl or use the immersion blade. Dual processing helps you make an ultra smooth puree.
- It can process a wide variety of pre-cooked foods such as vegetables, fruits, and meat.
- The stainless steel blade and motor have a quiet yet powerful function.
- You can use the immersion blade for blending in general, other than for making baby food, which makes this processor highly versatile.
- The device is made of materials free from BPA, PVC, phthalate, and lead. The immersion blade and the food processing bowl are dishwasher safe.
6. NUK Mash And Serve Baby Food Preparation Bowl
Buy NUK Mash And Serve Baby Food Preparation Bowl @ www.amazon.com
- A simple, manual, pestle and mortar-style baby food maker to mash cooked vegetables or fruits and convert them into soft baby food.
- There are just two components: the mashing bowl and the masher, which makes the product highly portable.
- Manual function means you do not need electricity for operating it.
- The bottom of the mashing bowl is grooved so that the food does not slide away outside. The base of the bowl has a non-skid base.
- The masher has a large comfortable handle to apply optimum pressure.
- Made from non-toxic plastic. Free of BPA. Microwave and dishwasher safe.
[ Read: Best Baby Spoons ]
7. Kalorik Baby Food Maker
Buy Kalorik Baby Food Maker @ www.amazon.com
- Multi-purpose baby food maker that can be used for steaming, heating, defrosting, and blending food. It can also be used to sterilize baby pacifiers.
- A single food processing bowl can be used for all the functions. Blend a food item immediately after steaming it, without having to transfer it to another container.
- The versatile steel blades with a powerful motor can blend all types of food including fruits, vegetables, and meat.
- Defrost a frozen food item right in the food processing bowl before steaming and blending it.
- The item ships with a pacifier stand to sterilize pacifiers in the bowl.
8. Nuby Mighty Blender
Buy Nuby Mighty Blender @ www.amazon.com
- It comes with two blades: one for blending fruits & vegetables while another for milling cereals to make porridge.
- There is a large batch bowl to make large quantities of baby food. You also get a small, single batch bowl when you want to make only one serving of the food.
- The powerful motor and blades allow you to make very fine purees for babies, as well as coarse food for older infants and toddlers.
- A steamer basket lets you steam vegetables and fruits in a microwave before processing it in the food maker.
- The item ships with several accessories such as a measuring cup, spatula, two long feeding spoons, six food storage cups, and a freezing tray with six storage slots.
9. Munchkin Baby Food Grinder
Buy Munchkin Baby Food Grinder @ www.amazon.com
- A simple, easy-to-use baby food grinder that turns cooler food into purees without the need for electricity or batteries.
- Put cooked fruits, vegetables, or meat into the processing bowl and turn the hand crank to grind the food into a puree.
- The compact design makes the food maker highly portable.
- Easy-to-clean design. Safe to wash in the top rack of a dishwasher.
- Made from non-toxic, BPA-free plastic. Does not contain phthalates, Latex, and PVC.
10. QOOC Mini Baby Food Maker
Buy QOOC Mini Baby Food Maker @ www.amazon.com
- A processor for baby food, with four features: steaming, blending, heating, and defrosting.
- A precision blade and a powerful, yet quiet, motor blend smooth purees that the baby will love.
- A single processing bowl can be used for all functions.
- The water reservoir is made of stainless steel and resistant to scaling. Plastic is BPA, lead, and phthalate free.
- Auto shutdown feature stops the steaming process when there is no water in the reservoir. Safety lock feature prevents water from boiling if the processing bowl is not placed correctly.
- It ships with useful accessories such as a measuring cup, steaming cup, spatula, and cleaning brush.
[ Read: Popular Baby Product Brands ]
11. Maxkare Baby Food Maker
Buy Maxkare Baby Food Maker @ www.amazon.com
- A multi-purpose baby food maker that you can use for a wide range of functions, from steaming to blending, using a single processing bowl.
- The food processing bowl is designed to provide even heating and cooking of the food placed within.
- A removable basket goes within the main bowl thus making steaming convenient.
- The blades are designed to blend food into different textures, from thin purees for infants to coarse food for older toddlers.
- All the materials used in the making of this food maker are FDA-approved and are free from BPA, lead, and phthalate.
12. Baby Brezza Glass Baby Food Maker
Buy Baby Brezza Glass Baby Food Maker @ www.amazon.com
- Three-in-one functions: steam, blend, and steam & blend. You can set the food maker to blend automatically, after steaming.
- One processing bowl for all functions eliminates the need to transfer food. The bowl is entirely made of glass.
- It has a large four cup capacity and prepares baby food in just 10 minutes.
- Simple controls and easy-to-remove water reservoir for refilling.
- Since the main bowl is made of glass, it is naturally free of BPA and phthalate.
13. Infanso Baby Food Maker
Buy Infanso Baby Food Maker @ www.amazon.com
- The food maker has all the features for processing baby food: steaming, manually controlled chopping, blending, and auto-stirring.
- Fill the main bowl with water and press the auto-clean button. The food maker rinses itself automatically.
- Blades let you blend a wide variety of foods. You can blend smooth purees to coarse food for older infants and toddlers.
- A safety lock feature prevents the food processing bowl from working if the lid is not placed correctly.
- Food processing bowl and the blade are dishwasher safe. The materials do not contain BPA, phthalate, and lead.
- A digital control panel provides information about the functions, with controls for all the features.
14. Mliter All-in-one Baby Food Maker
Buy Mliter All-in-one Baby Food Maker @ www.amazon.com
- Five-in-one functions: steaming, sterilizing, blending, defrosting, and reheating.
- Processes a wide variety of foods including fruits, vegetables, and meat.
- Digital touch controls with an LCD screen that provides all the essential information about the functions of the food maker.
- A water tank window makes it convenient to check the water quantity within the water reservoir.
- A safety lock feature prevents the device from functioning if the bowl is not correctly set. The steamer shuts down automatically when there is no water in the reservoir.
- The food-making bowl and blades are dishwasher safe. The water reservoir is made of stainless steel and is rust-proof.
- Made from FDA-approved materials that do not contain BPA, phthalate, and lead.
[ Read: Best Organic Baby Food Brands ]
15. Elebebe Baby Food Maker
Buy Elebebe Baby Food Maker @ www.amazon.com
- Multi-purpose functions. A separate steaming basket lets you steam the food in the main bowl.
- You can steam a wide variety of foods including potatoes and apples.
- The blade can blend food to a smooth puree or thick, coarse food as well. Easy-to-clean and maintain design.
- Made from materials free of BPA, phthalate, and lead.
A baby food processor lets you make fresh baby food at home so that you know what your baby is eating. It is also more economical to feed your little fresh homemade food, rich in nutrients. The best food processor for you depends on how often you use it and for what purposes you need it. Make the right choice, and every penny you spend on it will be worth it.
Did you ever use a baby food maker to prepare food for your baby? Do let us know about your choice of food maker in the comment section below.
Disclaimer: MomJunction may earn a commission when products are purchased through affiliate links given in the article. However, this partnership does not influence the editorial content featuring in our list.
Latest posts by Rohit Garoo (see all)
- 35 Fascinating Facts About Koala Bear - March 7, 2019
- Mucus In Baby's Stool: Causes, Diagnosis And Treatment - March 6, 2019
- 11 Best Umbrella Strollers In 2019 - February 28, 2019
- 13 Best Jogging Strollers To Buy In 2019 - February 28, 2019
- 11 Best Nipple Creams For Breastfeeding Moms To Buy In 2019 - February 28, 2019
- 43 Interesting Facts About Japan - February 28, 2019
- 25 Historical New York Colony Facts - February 28, 2019
- 11 Best Diaper Pails To Buy In 2019 - February 27, 2019
- 15 Best Baby Playmats To Buy In 2019 - February 27, 2019
- 15 Best baby carriers to buy in 2019 - February 27, 2019