Are you a mommy who prefers classic names over the hip and trendy ones? Are you looking for a regal name for your little queen? If yes, then you must read our post to get all the inspiration that you need.
For every mommy, her daughter is the queen of her eyes. She tries to provide every comfort and luxury that is within her means, whether she belongs to an aristocratic family or not. So, start by giving your little queen a regal name. MomJunction brings you the prettiest and interesting baby girl names that mean queen.
Popular Girl Names Meaning Queen:
Rani is a Hindi term for Queen or the female equivalent of Raja. Most Indian parents use this name for the apple of their eyes. An alternative spelling for Rani is Ranee. Bollywood actress Rani Mukherjee is the modern bearer of this name. Another meaning of Rani is ‘she is singing’.
The name Rhiannon is of Welsh origin. It is our favorite name in the list. We are sure most of you must heard the lovely name after the release of the smash hit Rhiannon, by Fleetwood Mac. Even director Robert Rodriguez gave his first daughter this sweet name.
[ Read: Exotic Baby Girl Names ]
In the Middle Ages, people used this affectionate nickname for their daughters. The name is now widely used as a given name in the Arabic countries.
This is one of the interesting baby girl names meaning queen. Raina is a variation of the name Regina. This strong and stable name has a global appeal to it. The name has a variety of pronunciations like ry-na, rah-ee-na and ray-na. The Indian meaning of Raina is ‘rain’.
[ Read: Greek Origin Baby Girl Names ]
Dione was the mother of Aphrodite in Greek mythology. It is also the name of one of Saturn’s moons. Dione sounds a lot more distinct than its typical variation Dionne. Dione Lucas is a popular bearer of this name. She was the English chef and the first female graduate of the Le Cordon Bleu.
Queenie initially started as a nickname for Regina but is now a popular choice for given name. It comes from an old English word ‘cwen’, that means ‘queen’. We like it more as a nickname.
Even though Juno is an ancient name, it still feels as fresh as it was years ago. The popular indie film “Juno” further popularized the name and made it a potential baby name. Juno was the wife and sister of Jupiter and mother of Vulcan and Mars in the Roman mythology. She was the goddess and protector of marriage and women.
Regina is one of the classic baby names that mean queen, with a royal elegance. Most of the queens, including Queen Victoria attached Regina in their name. Regina was one of the top queen baby names in 1960s, but this does not mean that you can’t use it for your daughter now. During the middle ages, parents bestowed this name on their daughters to honor St. Regina, the third-century martyr. Regina is also the original name o Jenna Fisher, the actress.
Reina is an appellation for the Virgin Mary, the “Queen of the apostles”. The pronunciation of Reina is ‘Ray-nah’. Girls with this name are intuitive, spiritual and highly imagination. They also have a deep desire for a loving and stable family or community.
[ Read: Unique Sanskrit Baby Girl Names ]
Milcah will make an impressive name for your little daughter. In Hebrew, the meaning of Milcah is queen. It is a variant of the name Malka. In the Bible, Milcah was the niece and wife of Nahor. Which one do you like more? Malka or Milcah.
Hope you liked our collection of baby girl names that mean queen or princess. Would you consider giving your daughter any of these regal names? If yes, then which one did you like the most? Tell us by commenting below and also please do not forget to take out an interesting poll below!
- 20 Cute Cowgirl Names For Your Baby Girl
- Top 20 Rock And Roll Names For Your Baby
- Top 20 Aristocratic Names For Your Baby
- 15 Beautiful Albanian Baby Girl Names
- 50 Nature Inspired Names For Your Baby Girl With Meanings
Latest posts by Bhavana Navuluri (see all)
- Vedix Khoob review: A customized hairfall solution that works - November 20, 2018
- Are Chemicals Harmful? You’ll Be Surprised To Know The Answer - November 15, 2018
- SkinKraft Review: A Customized Solution To All Your Skin Problems - June 14, 2018
- Dealing With Baby’s Delicate Skin In The First Three Months - April 27, 2018
- Sahabi Names: 75 Best Male Sahaba Names For Baby Boys - February 22, 2018
- Sahabiyat Names: 75 Sacred Female Sahaba Names For Baby Girls - February 20, 2018
- Just think: Who taught our kids to fear failure? - December 30, 2017
- 65 Lord Rama Names For Baby Boy With Meanings - December 21, 2017
- MindKoo Unicat Wireless Headphones: Kids’ Best Stylish Gift And Companion - November 16, 2017
- A Lesson Learnt: How I Realized Kids Do Not Like Taking NO As An Answer - November 1, 2017