BaByliss is a well-known brand in professional hair styling tools. It offers a broad range of hair straighteners for every hair type. While the company’s product offering might enthuse you, we understand that it can be pretty overwhelming to choose the best hair straightener for your hair type. So, to make it easy for you, MomJunction has listed the best BaByliss hair straighteners along with their features. It’s your turn to go through them and choose the perfect BaByliss hair straightener for your hair type.
9 Best BaByliss Hair Straighteners
Featuring titanium plates, the hair straightener conducts ultra-high heat, allowing you to get ready in a jiffy. The ceramic heating technology instantly heats the plates, leaving zero cool spots while straightening. The slim and lightweight design of the straightener makes it easy to handle.
The product also features a five-inch extended plate that would leave you with a frizz-free hair in no time. And what’s more, you can style your hair with 50 different heat settings up to 450° F.
- Choose between the one-inch plate and the one-and-a-half-inch plate
- Includes 50 heat settings for precise heat setting and different hair types
- Manufacturer’s warranty for four years
- Not quite suitable for thick, wavy, or curly hair types
- Higher heat could damage the hair if proper precautions are not taken
Shop Related Products:
Looking for a straightener that fits into your purse effortlessly? Look no further than the Nano Titanium Mini Straightening Iron from BaByliss. It is perfect for all your on-the-go hair straightening needs. Its six-inch length and dual voltage provision make it one of the best travel-friendly hair straighteners.
Designed with nano titanium plates, the flat iron reaches ultra-high temperature up to 450° F for faster straightening. It also allows gentle straightening by moisture-locking, causing zero hair damage. The one-inch-wide plates are great for short hairstyles as they get close to the scalp.
- Dual voltage for global usage
- Lightweight and sleek design
- No temperature control setting and auto shut-off feature
- Takes a long time to straighten thick and medium hair types
Shop Related Products:
Available in three different size plates—one inch, one-and-a-half inches, and two inches—this straightener from BaByliss is a must-have product if you have thick hair. The porcelain ceramic heating technology enables even distribution of heat across the iron and generates far-infrared heat that protects the hair’s luster.
The four-inch-long porcelain ceramic plates provide instant heat-up and recovery and allow faster straightening of wider sections. You can adjust the temperature setting up to 450° F based on your hair type.
- Available in different sizes to suit all hair lengths
- Fast heating in less time
- Even heat distribution across the plates
Some users have questioned the durability of the straightener, while others mentioned wiring issues.
Shop Related Products:
Are you looking for a quick-fix solution for your frizzy hair? Try the new BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium-Plated Ionic Straightening Iron. Built with the digital ionic technology, the flat iron produces natural ions and reduces frizz in a jiffy. Complementing to it are the titanium plates that provide stable heat at ultra-high temperatures, leaving your hair smooth and silky.
The straightener is available in 1¼-inch and 1¾-inch plates and features a patented stay-cool ryton housing to offer protection against high temperatures.
- Suitable for all hair types
- Glides through the hair smoothly and reduces the straightening time
- Multiple heat settings
- A little heavy to hold
- Not quite effective on curly hair
Shop Related Products:
Maintaining curly and thick hair is not a walk in the park. With its world-class experience in styling tools, BaByliss’s solution to the problem is the Porcelain Ceramic Straightening Iron With Teeth.
Featuring a 1.5-inch-wide plate with comb teeth, the flat iron enables far-infrared heat to penetrate to the hair shaft, giving you frizz-free curls. The rheostat temperature dial enables heat setting up to 450° F.
- Dual voltage provision for global usage
- Antistatic removable comb teeth plate
- Curved handle optimizes the ease of use
Not suitable for thin hair
Shop Related Products:
With 25 heat settings, the BaBylissPRO Ceramic Tools straightener is ideal for all hair types. The floating plate design is what makes this flat iron unique. It allows full contact across the entire plate surface, hence minimizing the straightening time. Furthermore, the far-infrared heat technology minimizes hair damage, while the negative ions emitted by the tool reduce static electricity, leaving your hair frizz-free.
- One-inch ceramic plate for even heat distribution
- Heat setting up to 450° F
- Soft-grip handle for easy use and comfort
- Not quite suitable for coarse hair
Featuring multi-directional floating plates, the flat iron enables full hair contact and significantly reduces the styling time. A noteworthy feature that would impress you is the digital memory function of the straightener that records the frequently used heat setting and provides styling convenience. The digital temperature setting allows precise heat adjustment, and the nano titanium technology reduces hot spots and distributes heat evenly.
- Can be used for both professional and household purposes
- Nano titanium plates are charged with negative ions to tame frizz
- Memory function to select the preferred heat setting
- Digital heat adjustment
- Heat setting up to 450° F in seconds
- Some users complained that the straightener stopped working after a few months of use.
The features of the BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Prima straightener will blow your mind. It can be used for both hair straightening and curling. Featuring aircraft-grade titanium plates, the tool enables efficient heat transfer and gives you smooth and shiny hair instantly.
Featuring a convex stainless steel case, the flat iron is wrap- and corrosion-resistant. The dual ceramic heating technology enables 20% faster heating and optimized heat transfer across the plates. It allows for heat settings up to 465° F, making the straightener suitable even for the most resistant hair types. The FullWave Thermal technology allows instant heat recovery and temperature maintenance.
- Advanced heaters for instant heat up
- Adjustable temperature settings
- Ion technology locks moisture, giving you damage-free and shiny hair
- Digital display of temperature
- Straighten as well as curl with the same tool
- Handle might get hot in the resting position
Ceramix Xtreme Straightening Iron features one-inch-wide ceramic plates to provide you with smooth and shiny salon-like hair. The flat iron offers 25 temperature settings up to 450° F. The one-inch ceramic plates reduce hot spots and allow even heat distribution, while the far-infrared heating technology enables gentle straightening of hair.
- Can be used for all hair types
- Dual voltage for global use
- Leaves hair smooth, shiny, and sleek
- Some users complained that the iron overheats quickly.
Tips For Choosing The Best Hair Straightener
Now that you know the top nine hair straighteners offered by BaByliss, try to pick the one that suits your hair needs. Well, the immediate question that strikes your mind might be, “How?”. Don’t worry, We help you with some tips and tricks to find the right straightener for your hair to make your job easy-breezy.
- Know your hair type: Thick, thin, curly, frizzy, coarse, or fine-hair comes in different forms. You cannot use the same flat iron for all hair types. Thus, knowing your hair type is the first step in choosing the best straightener.
- Pick the right plate: Straightener plates are made from different materials—ceramic, titanium, ionic, among others. It’s not about how superior the metal is, but what your hair needs.
Ceramic irons spread the heat more evenly, and hence, are suitable for all hair types. However, after prolonged use, the ceramic coating might wear down, resulting in uneven heat distribution.
Titanium plates heat quickly, producing high temperatures in less time. People with very coarse and curly hair can use them for faster styling. However, titanium irons are a tad pricey and are not necessary if you have thin, fine hair.
Ionic or tourmaline plates work wonders on damaged hair by producing negative ions. These are great for frizzy and curly hair types.
- Hot, hotter, hottest! Once you find the right kind of plate suitable for your hair type, check the heat adjustment settings offered by the flat iron. High temperature means faster styling. But not all hair types require high heating.
Thin and fine hair types are prone to damage and need a flat iron with low temperature or one with adjustable heat settings. Thick, curly, and coarse hair types, on the other hand, require a higher heat setting.
- Hair volume: The density of your hair is another deciding factor in choosing the right straightener. The thicker your hair, the wider should be the iron plate.
Straightener plates come in different sizes. The wider the plate, the faster you can pass your hair through it. While thick hair types require wider plates, thin hair can be managed with narrow plates. Curly hair, on the other hand, is susceptible to frizz; hence, a flat iron with a wide plate is required.
We hope these tips help you find the right hair straightener for your hair type. Do you know any other tricks? Please comment below and spread some pro tips.
Are Hair Straighteners Safe?
Using a flat iron to straighten your hair would leave you with silky and shiny hair. However, regular use might cause hair damage, making the hair brittle, dry, and lifeless. The more heat you use, the worse the damage would be.
Hair is just like our skin. It can burn like our skin, but the only difference is that we just can’t feel it.
The hair shaft is composed of two layers—the inner core and outer core. The structure of a healthy hair is hollow, uniform, filled with water and air, and has a smooth cuticle. Its structure enables light passage, resulting in internal glow and external shine. But when we use heating tools like straighteners and curlers on a daily basis, excessive heat might damage both the layers, leaving the hair dull and damaged.
Natural moisture is what helps hair stay nourished and elastic. Applying excessive heat on already dry hair strips off hair’s moisture, resulting in dull, brittle, and damaged hair.
Do these facts scare you? Of course, they do. Does this mean you need to give up hair straightening forever? Maybe not. Read on to learn how taking some simple precautionary measures can help you minimize or prevent hair damage caused by styling tools.
The Secret To Safe Hair Straightening
Choose the right straightener. Whether it is a hair straightener or curler, using a good-quality tool is the key. Inexpensive appliances made with inferior quality material might distribute heat unevenly, providing poor results. Titanium, ceramic, porcelain, teflon-coated, ionic plates, etc., are some of the widely-used metals, each offering a different benefit. You can pick the one that is best suited for your hair type.
Though a little expensive, a good quality straightener comes with adjustable heat settings, allowing you to set the required temperature based on your hair type.
Use it less frequently. If you want your hair to be healthy, you must reduce the number of times you expose it to the styling tools. Ironing done with the right tools in a proper way would give you good results, eliminating the need for everyday straightening.
Protection is better than cure. Before using any hair styling product that involves heating, applying a hair protectant spray is a must. Good protectants create a barrier between the hair and
heat. Some products also infuse moisture to the hair, thus reducing hair damage.
Tips For Safe Handling
Besides the precautions listed above, here are some other safety measures to follow while handling the tool:
- Don’t use straighteners in a shower or while bathing.
- Keep it away from water. If it falls into the water, unplug it immediately. Don’t try to take it out without unplugging it.
- Never leave the plugged iron unattended.
- Do not twist the line cord around the appliance.
- Do not touch the hot surfaces of the tool to check its readiness. Most straighteners reach their maximum temperature in two to three minutes.
- Do not use it near children.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are BaByliss hair straighteners good?
BaByliss is one of the global companies that provide professional hair styling products. It offers straighteners for every hair type and designs flat irons for both professional and household usage. The brand has acquired a good customer base since its inception, which is only possible with high-quality products.
Do straighteners make your hair thin?
It depends on the quality of the straightener. If you use a poor-quality iron made of cheap material or one with a single heat setting, you might end up with damaged hair that would eventually reduce your hair volume. Hence, we recommend you go for good-quality hair styling tools and follow straightening basics.
Does BaByliss offer a straightener cum curler?
Yes, BaByliss does have a straightener cum curler model, which is the BaByliss PRO Titanium Prima straightener. Designed with aircraft-grade titanium plates, the dual-purpose tool enables efficient heat transfer, leaving your hair much smoother and shinier.
Which BaByliss straightener is suitable for thick hair?
For normal thick hair, we recommend BaBylissPRO Porcelain Ceramic Straightening Iron. With four-inch-long ceramic plates, the tool allows wider sections of the hair to pass through it easily. The ceramic heating technology enables quick heat-up.
If you have thick curly hair, the BaBylissPRO Porcelain Ceramic Straightening Iron with comb teeth would be an ideal choice. With 1.5-inch-wide comb-toothed plates, the flat iron enables far-infrared heat to penetrate the hair shaft, leaving you with frizz-free curls.
Do you use any BaByliss hair straightener? Why not leave a comment below? You can also suggest your favorite BaByliss straightener that might help other fellow readers to choose the best flat iron for their hair type.