So, it’s that time of the year again, and the kids are busy getting ready to get back to school. As a parent, you want to ensure that your little one is excited about getting back to school, and you probably want to make that first day of school really special for him. So, instead of getting him the same gifts you got for him last year, why not try doing something different this time?
Read through our back to school gift ideas to do something different for your kids this time.
Top 10 Back To School Gift Ideas For Kids:
Instead of buying your kid a typical gift from the toy store, you can think of different ideas that will be more of experiences. It will be a pleasant change for your kid and they will truly feel that the first day of school is special. So, here are ten back to school gift ideas that your kids will enjoy and appreciate:
1. A Special Breakfast Bag:
- Wake up a little early to make a special breakfast bag for your kid.
- You can add delicious and healthy items such as a fruity and nutty milkshake, homemade cookies, fruit salad or fruit and yogurt mixes, and also add a cute note to cheer your kid up.
[ Read: Best Educational Toys For Kids ]
2. Cookie Treats For New Friends:
- Instead of only concentrating on gifts for your kids, make something for your kid’s new friends too.
- Prepare a batch of homemade cookies that your kid can take to school and share with new and old friends.
3. New Music Playlist:
- If your kid commutes to school by bus and loves listening to music, you can also make them a new playlist.
- Get your kid’s favorite tracks together and put it in a cute pod list that your kid will love listening to while going to school.
4. Dinner Treat:
- Instead of taking your kid back home right after school, you can turn it into a family eating out day.
- Pick up your kid and head out to your kid’s favorite restaurant, and make sure you order his favorite desserts too!
[ Read: Easy Dinner Recipes For Kids ]
5. A Surprise Toy:
- Once your kid is back home from their first day at school, take him out to a toy store to get him a surprise gift.
- It does not have to be something very expensive, but something that you know your kid will have use for and will love too. This is the best back to school gifts that you can give to your kid.
6. Make It A Special Day:
- A special experience on your kid’s first day of school will make it a really special day.
- Make sure that you have plenty of time on your hands so that you can take your kid out for a special day.
- Some options that you can try with your kid or as a family are taking your kid out to a museum, to the zoo or to an animal park, to a water park, to an amusement park, or even a circus or magic show.
7. Get Your Kid A Library Membership:
- Now that your kid is rejoining school, a library card will come in handy.
- Take your kid to a local library after school, or to a kids’ library if you have one near where you live.
- Get your kid a membership and let them start their first day of library on the first day of school.
8. New Wardrobe Additions:
- If your kid is a little older, they will love a new collection in their wardrobe.
- Take your kid out and let them pick out some new clothes that they can wear to school, as well as wear for outings with friends.
[ Read: Good Habits For School Children ]
9. I Love You Bookmark:
- Make a cute bookmark for your kid with the message I Love You.
- Place it in between your kid’s books to surprise them in school.
10. Make A Together Drink:
- Make a special drink that both you and your kid can have together.
- Try something like milkshakes or smoothies and add some cookie crumbs to make it more appealing. This is the most exciting back to school gift that you can give to your kid.
The ten ideas shared here will be super fun for your kid’s first day at school. Try them out and do tell us how your kid loved it.
Moms, what special things do you do on your kid’s first day of school?
- Top 10 Minecraft Toys For Kids
- 10 Best Fish Crafts For Your Kids
- Top 10 Minecraft Gifts For Kids
- Gift Ideas For Kid’s Elementary School Graduation