About the product
Pregnancy brings joy. But as your belly grows, you may also experience body aches, mood swings, and a plethora of emotions. A birthing ball can come to your rescue and help alleviate aches by strengthening your muscles as you exercise on it. The ball may also reduce labor pain and offer you comfort.
In this post, we review the BalanceFrom birthing ball and tell you who can use it, the directions for using it, and the safety tips to consider when using the ball.
- Product name: BalanceFrom Anti-Burst and Slip-Resistant Exercise Ball
- Product brand: BalanceFrom
- Price at the time of review: $15
- Product dimensions: 38-45cm
- Design: Anti-slip technology
- Size: Small
- Weight: 900 grams
BalanceFrom Anti-Burst and Slip-Resistant Exercise BallBuy On Amazon
BalanceFrom Birthing Ball Review: Features
Here are some key features of this birthing ball.
- Anti-slip technology: The ball is crafted with commercial-grade material to ensure it is slip-resistant. In addition, the outer surface of the ball has textured lines to offer a good grip.
- Anti-burst: The thick material ensures the inflated ball does not burst–the ball is pressure tested to hold weights up to 2,000lb.
- Foot-pump: The kit includes a manual foot-pump for inflating the ball.
Other accessories: The kit comes complete with a plug, a measuring tape, and a remover.
BalanceFrom Birthing Ball Review: Who Can Use It And When And How?
Who can use it?
- Any adult can use it to exercise, perform yoga, or do pilates.
- A pregnant woman or a new mother may use this ball for relieving pain, doing simple exercises, or strengthening the pelvic and abdomen muscles.
- You may also replace your regular chair with this ball at your office to improve posture and reduce back pain.
When can you use it?
- A pregnant woman may start using the ball a few weeks before the due date.
- You may use the ball during labor and after delivery.
How long can you use it?
- Pregnant women may use the ball for 10 to 15 minutes a day. However, consult a healthcare professional before using this ball.
- Use the ball for exercise or at the office for not more than an hour at a stretch.
How to use it?
- For labor support, you can sit on the ball with your legs spread wide to open up the pelvis.
- If you use the ball as an office chair, sit on it with your knees at a 90° angle. Ensure you do not slouch.
BalanceFrom Birthing Ball Review: Safety Tips
- Do not sit on it for prolonged hours as it may cause lower back pain and muscle fatigue.
- Inflate the ball to the recommended size to ensure it doesn’t sink as you sit.
- Pick the right size as per your body to avoid sitting with your knees higher than the hips.
- Place your hands on the ball before sitting on it.
- Keep the ball away from sharp objects.
- Do not place the ball on rough and uneven surfaces.
BalanceFrom Birthing Ball Review: Is It Really Good?
The BalanceFrom birthing ball is stability-tested to ensure it is anti-burst. Further, the slip-resistant technology keeps you safe when using the ball, and the heavy-duty material ensures durability.
The birthing ball may offer these benefits to the user. It helps
- Promote good posture.
- Relieve spinal pressure.
- Ease muscle contractions.
- Alleviate back pain.
- Keep you calm and focused.
BalanceFrom Birthing Ball Review: Final Verdict
The BalanceFrom Birthing Ball is pretty durable and sturdy. When used as suggested, this ball may aid in opening the pelvis, facilitate cervical dilation, improve blood flow, and alleviate labor pain. However, use the ball only after consulting a doctor. The birthing ball is also available in small, medium, large, extra large, and double extra large sizes. So you may pick the right size suitable for you.