Encouraging your kid to try different art and craft activities is always fun. And, beads are undoubtedly one of the kids’ favorite craft. Available in different colors and designs, beads are versatile little things that can add a splash of color and a dash of life to your kids’ crafts.
So, if you were looking for some ideas on bead crafts for kids, read our post below. Here are 10 rather brilliant beads crafts ideas to help you get started:
Top 10 Bead Crafts For Preschoolers And Kids
1. Bead Nature Jewelry:
- Ask your kid to collect some leaves and flowers and paint the leaves in metallic colors. To make it sturdy, your kid can first add a layer of white glue, let it dry and then paint it.
- Now let your kid string the leaves and flowers along with some colorful beads to make necklaces and bracelets.
2. Bead Wind Chimes:
- Let your kid string different colored beads through wool yarns and attach small bells in between.
- Help punch out a few holes in an old CD and string the yarns through the CD.
- Now loop it all through some more yarn and hang it near a window.
[ Read: Simple Card Making For Kids ]
3. Napkin Ties:
- Help your kid string colorful beads through a pipe cleaner and tie a knot at the end.
- Keep the napkin ties next to the napkins on the table and loop them around the napkins to tighten and loosen as required.
4. Beaded Cards:
- Let your kid make cards the way he likes.
- Once he finishes making the designs, help her glue the beads in the center of the design to give it a 3D effect.
5. Beaded Wooden Bangles:
- Select a wooden bangle that will fit your kid’s hand.
- Now help your kid sort colorful beads that she wants to decorate her bangle with.
- Apply hot glue all over the wooden bangle and let your kid attach the beads one by one, with the help of a tweezer.
- Set it aside to dry before your kid wears it. It is a simple and easy bead crafts for kids to create and decorate their bangles using beads.
6. Wooden Beads:
- In addition to glass and plastic beads, wooden beads are also a great craft item that your kids can use.
- The best part about wooden beads is that your kids can also decorate them the way they want before they use it in any craft.
- Ask your kid to color the wooden beads in a mix of colors that she wants and set it aside to dry completely.
- Once the beads are dry, your kids can use them to make different craft projects.
[ Read: Nature Crafts For Kids ]
7. Bead Dolls:
- To make the bead dolls, your kid will need to use wooden beads so that she can paint on the dolls’ faces as required.
- Ask your kid to take a bigger wooden bead that will be the doll’s face. She can use different shades of color to make the hair, eyes, cheeks and mouth of the dolls.
- Now ask her to take smaller beads that they can attach as hair to the face of the wooden bead dolls. Let her paint these beads too.
- Once the paint is dry, help your kid glue the beads to each other to make a doll face. It is an easy bead craft for kids to make.
8. Wooden Beads Necklace:
- Let your kid color some wooden beads in the shades she wants.
- Help string them through metal chains and close at the end to make a pretty necklace.
9. Beaded Keychain:
- Help your kid string in beads through a string and tie it up.
- Attach the string to a keychain ring and tie a bow on top to complete the look. This is a perfect bead craft ideas for kids to make during their leisure time.
[ Read: Waste Material Crafts For Kids ]
10. Melted Bead Sun Catcher:
Note: The process involves baking and using a sharp object, and you have to help your kid.
- To make a melted bead suncatcher, gather some plastic (pony) beads in a cookie cutter and stick them in a preheated oven (400 degrees F)
- Bake for 20 minutes, checking the progress every 5 minutes. Once the beads have melted and lumped together, turn the oven off and let the plastic cool down.
- Once the plastic has cooled, remove the melted bead lump from the mold.
- Use an awl or sharp object to create a stringing hole in the middle of the suncatcher.
- Loop strings through the sheets and hang your melted bean suncatcher near windows.
Help your kid make these crafts by using beads in several ways. Do let us know if you made any of the above crafts and which ones your kid enjoyed making. Leave a comment below.
- 10 Fun & Interesting Crocodile Crafts For Kids
- 10 Amazing Egg Crafts For Your Kids
- 10 Fantastic Giraffe Crafts For Your Kids
- 10 Fun Clock Crafts For Kids