Do you want to protect your kid from various infections? Do you want to ensure an adequate intake of unsaturated fats through her daily diet? If you said yes, then you need to include avocados in her diet. What are the health benefits of avocados for kids? Read our post to learn how beneficial avocados can help your dear little one stay healthy.
What Is An Avocado?
An avocado is a big pear-shaped fruit with hard external skin but a buttery soft flesh inside with just one large seed. It’s quite a popular fruit and originates in Mexico and other parts of South and Central America. Avocado’s can be green, purple, yellowish green, and maroon. The fruit is rich in monounsaturated fats that are quintessential for kids.
Avocado Benefits For Kids:
1. Provides All Essential Vitamins:
Avocado is a rich source of all essential vitamins. It provides your kid vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin B6, thiamin, and niacin. Vitamin A helps boost her eyesight. Vitamin E maintains brain health and improves her memory. Vitamin C helps her have healthy and spotless skin. So, eating avocado helps boost her overall development. (1)
[ Read: Benefits Of Fruits for Kids ]
2. Ensures Healthy Bones And Good Hemoglobin:
Avocado is also an excellent source of various minerals. It provides kids minerals, such as calcium, potassium, magnesium, sodium, iron, phosphorous, and zinc. Calcium and potassium help her develop strong and healthy bones and tissues. Iron ensures good hemoglobin count and prevents the risk of anemia in kids.
3. Supplies Unsaturated Fats:
Avocado is a rich source of unsaturated (good) fats, which ensures smooth and effective functioning of cerebral and visual functions in kids. About 25% to 30% of calories in kids come from unsaturated fats. So eating avocado is highly beneficial for her health. (2)
4. Prevents Infections:
Various studies reveal that avocados possess antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. So including avocados in your kid’s diet helps protect her from various infections and ailments.
[ Read: Fruit Salad Recipes For Kids ]
5. Promotes Digestion:
Avocados are rich in minerals, fats, and vitamins that aid smooth digestion. Nutrients in the fruit of avocado are effective in regulating irritable stomach walls or acidity in kids. Avocado juice is highly effective in treating colic and chills of the abdomen in kids. So provide your dear little on with a glass of avocado juice every day.
6. Protects Liver:
Avocado protects your kid’s liver from liver damage and ailments, such as jaundice and hepatitis. Adding the fruit to her diet helps keep all liver functions smooth and ensures the good health of the liver.
[ Read: Healthy Fruit Snacks For Kids ]
7. Provides Antioxidants:
The fruit of avocado possesses antioxidant properties that neutralize free radicals in your kid’s body and prevent the risk of cell and tissue damage and DNA damage due to free radicals. So, ensure she gets the right amount of avocado in her diet. (3)
8. Reduces Inflammation:
Inflammations that occur due to pathogens, infections, and tissue damage are quite common in kids. Avocados help in minimize the inflammation and ensure her good health.
9. Heals Wounds Quickly:
Scientific studies reveal that avocados help heal wounds and injuries faster than normal. It acts as a natural wound healer. So treat your kids with avocado instead of antibiotic and drugs that may have side-effects.
How To Choose Avocados For Kids?
It is advisable to provide ripe avocados to your kid. Get a ripened avocado, peel its outer layer, remove one large seed lying inside it, and smash the flesh. You can offer the fruit flesh to her to eat. Alternatively, you can obtain avocado juice and give her a glass.
Did you try including avocado for kids? Does she like it? Share your experience with fellow mommies here.
- 3 Yummylicious Yogurt Recipes Your Kids Will Love
- 25 Easy & Quick Recipes For Your Kid
- 25 Yummy Sandwich Recipes For Kids
- 16 Best Vegetarian Recipes For Kids
- 10 Delicious Nutella Recipes For Kids
Latest posts by Manjiri Kochrekar (see all)
- 32 Lovely Wedding Anniversary Gift Ideas - June 28, 2017
- 10 Clear Signs That You Need Marriage Counselling - April 28, 2017
- 25 Wonderful Peacock Facts And Information For Kids - October 3, 2016
- 12 Health Benefits And 10 Facts About Oranges For Kids - June 16, 2016
- 16 Joyous Luau (Hawaiian) Party Ideas For Kids - May 31, 2016
- 35 Lesser-Known Facts About Great White Sharks For Kids - May 31, 2016
- 30 Unknown Sound Wave Facts And Information For Kids - May 31, 2016
- Can Kids Drink Kombucha? - Know Here! - May 27, 2016
- Tea Tree Oil For Kids - 15 Uses And 9 Safety Tips - May 18, 2016
- Top 10 Hockey Facts, Rules, And Safety Tips For Kids - May 13, 2016