Pregnancy is one of the most sensitive phases of a woman’s life. As an expecting mom, you need to follow a healthy regime and eat nutritious food, to enhance your baby’s health conditions. But most mothers are not aware, whether high-intensity exercises are safe or not?
Read the following post, to discover some amazing health benefits of high-intensity exercises during pregnancy.
Basic Information About High Intensity Exercises (HIIT)
HIIT is a training regime incorporated in exercises with high-intensity intervals. High-intensity exercising consists of different exercises including running or squatting. HIIT exercises are considered to be far more effective than cardio exercises. This exercising form enhances body’s endurance and maintains fitness aspects of pregnant women.
Importance Of HIIT Exercises During Pregnancy
Practicing subtle and effective HIIT exercising routines can have positive impacts on both you and your unborn baby. However, be sure to consult your doctor before beginning any light exercises like cardio or HIIT exercises during pregnancy. Some of the benefits of practicing HIIT exercises during pregnancy are:
- Reduces pregnancy niggles, such as back pain, pelvic girdle pain, constipation, and fatigue.
- Maintains a healthy weight and prevent the mother from getting obese.
- Help to reduce depression or mental stress.
- Prepares the mother’s body for labor and baby’s birth.
[ Read: Safe Cardio Exercises During Pregnancy ]
Effective HIIT Exercises During Pregnancy
- Jump Squats
- Clean & Press
- 180 Jumps
- Renegade Pushups/Rows
[ Read: Exercises To Avoid During Pregnancy ]
When To Stop Performing High Intensity Exercise During Pregnancy?
Stop practicing HIIT exercises, if you encounter the following health discomforts:
- Intense chest, joint or stomach pain
- Sudden dizziness or fainting due to excess exhaustion
- Shortness of breath
- Vaginal bleeding
- Difficulty in walking
[ Read: Is It Safe To Do Zumba During Pregnancy ]
Can Pregnant Women Practice High-Intensity Exercise In The First Trimester?
Yes, most fit women can practice HIIT exercises during the first trimester of pregnancy. There is a heap of benefits to enjoy from such an exercising regime. Fit women may be able to perform high-intensity workouts in their first trimester.
Health Benefits Of High-Intensity Exercises During Pregnancy
Some of the effective health benefits of HIIT exercise are:
1. Reduce Pain:
Pregnant moms suffer from intense pain, during gestation. Practicing high-intensity exercises during the first trimester reduces the symptoms of joint or back pain.
2. Burn More Fat:
High-intensity exercises burn the excess fat from the mother’s body. With the onset of pregnancy, there is an excess deposition of body fats. But to regain your body shape, immediately after conceiving, it is essential to practice healthy and effective HIIT exercises.
3. Elevate The Mood And Energy:
Regular exercising rejuvenates the feeling of depression and helps relieve anxiety and stress.
4. Improve Muscle Tone:
Keeps the muscle well toned and prevents unwanted sagging.
5. Prevent Gestational Diabetes:
Pregnant mothers are more prone to suffer from gestational diabetes and high blood pressure. HIIT exercise prevents gestational diabetes and keeps the body fit and free from diseases.
6. Help Promote A Good Night’s Sleep:
With regular exercising, the pregnant mother would get a complete night sleep and stay away from the problems of sleep deprivation.
7. Promote Healthy Heart:
Practicing HIIT workouts reduces the symptoms of cardiac problems in a pregnant woman.
Why Seek Medical Guidance Before Practicing HIIT Exercises?
Practicing High-Intensity Exercises should be a part of your daily regime, but only after proper consultation with your doctor. Your doctor is your minder during pregnancy and she has the last say. If you are practicing HIIT exercises for the first time, always seek proper medical guidance from a doctor.
Did you practice high intensity exercise during pregnancy? Share your story and let other moms know how healthy HIIT exercises are. Leave a comment below.
- 4 Effective & Safe Exercises You Should Do During Your First Trimester
- 5 Simple Kegel Exercises To Try Out During Pregnancy
- 8 Simple Steps To Do Butterfly Exercise During Pregnancy
- 7 Precautions For An Effective Pilates Workout During Pregnancy
Latest posts by RIA SAHA (see all)
- How to Show respect to your husband: 13 fundamental things you should try - August 24, 2017
- 13 Practical Ways To Respect Your Husband - July 11, 2017
- What Women Want In A Relationship: 30+ Things You Should know - July 10, 2017
- Diet Plans For Overweight Pregnant Women - Everything You Need To Know - June 30, 2017
- 12 Common Complications Associated With Twin Pregnancy - June 30, 2017
- Hepatitis During Pregnancy: Types, Causes, And Treatment - May 11, 2017
- You Have Different Breastmilk For Your Daughter And Son - June 6, 2016
- How To Be A Good Husband - A Definite Guide - May 30, 2016
- 10 Delicious Non-Alcoholic Cocktails Recipes For Kids - May 27, 2016
- 8 Spectacular Nail Art Designs For Teens - May 24, 2016