Are you expecting and wish to safeguard the growth and development of your unborn baby? Do you want to have a strong immune system during your pregnancy? If you said yes to the above questions, you should include passion fruit in your diet.
Passion fruit offers many health benefits and is a must-have for you while expecting. Read our post to know is passion fruit safe during pregnancy and how eating the passion fruit can work wonders for you!
What Is A Passion Fruit?
Passion fruit is native to Brazil, Argentina, and Paraguay. It is rich in vitamins A, C, B2, B6, and B3. It is also a storehouse of dietary fiber and minerals like Potassium, Iron, Phosphorus, Copper, and Magnesium. It offers many health benefits during pregnancy. Also, as there are no side-effects of eating passion fruit during pregnancy, you can safely go ahead and enjoy its goodness (1).
Health Benefits Of Passion Fruit During Pregnancy:
1. Promotes Growth And Development Of The Fetus:
Passion fruit is rich in antioxidants, fibers, vitamins, minerals, and many other essential nutrients that are necessary for the growth and development of the fetus. So eating passion fruit when pregnant will ensure you have a healthy baby in your arms soon.
2. Boosts Immunity:
Passion fruit is popular for its immune strengthening property since it contains high amounts of vitamin C, beta-cryptoxanthin, and alpha-carotene. These antioxidants help in neutralizing the free-radical activity, preventing damage to cells, reducing oxidative stress and ensuring a healthy pregnancy. Increased immunity will help you fight several infections and enjoy a safe pregnancy.
3. Ensures Good Bone Health:
Passion fruit is rich in minerals, such as phosphorus, iron, magnesium, and copper. Its consumption increases mineral bone density and makes your bones strong. It is necessary to have strong and healthy bones while expecting. Consuming the fruit also helps prevent or reduce the symptoms of osteoporosis and joint aches while expecting (2).
4. Reduces Insomnia And Restlessness:
Passion fruit contains medicinal alkaloids, such as harman, which provides a sedative effect. So, eating the fruit during pregnancy effectively minimizes restlessness, anxiety, and insomnia (3).
5. Minimizes Respiratory Problems:
The delicious fruit works as an excellent expectorant. Consumption of the extracts of the fruit while expecting alleviates the symptoms of wheezing, cough, and asthma (4).
6. Promotes Healthy Digestion:
Passion fruit is rich in fiber, and just one serving of the fruit offers you about 98% of the daily requirement of the essential nutrient. Regular intake of the fruit boosts digestion and improves bowel movements. It prevents constipation, a common complaint during pregnancy.
7. Regulates Blood Pressure:
Passion fruit is rich in potassium, which is a crucial mineral for the human body. Potassium acts as a vasodilator, it relaxes the blood vessels and improves blood flow. So, eating the fruit ensures that your blood pressure remains in check, and you enjoy good heart health during these crucial nine months (5).
8. Improves Blood Circulation:
The high iron content in the passion fruit ensures an increase in production of hemoglobin. Good RBC count dilates blood vessels enabling oxygenated blood to flow freely to all parts of the body. It also helps improve the functioning of all organs while you are expecting. Add passion fruit to your pregnancy diet to keep the threat of anemia and related complications at bay.
9. Promotes Skin And Eye Health:
The vitamin A in the tangy fruit prevents the risk of cataract, night blindness, and other eye related problems. It also boosts your skin health, and you may win compliments during pregnancy for a glowing countenance by having this super food!
Now you know all about the goodness of passion fruit. Go ahead and enlighten other moms-to-be!
Did you eat passion fruit while pregnant? How did it benefit you? Share your experience with other expecting mothers here.
- Jackfruit During Pregnancy – 9 Benefits And 5 Side Effects You Should Be Aware Of
- Is It Safe To Eat Muskmelon During Pregnancy?
- 5 Health Benefits Of Eating Prunes During Pregnancy
- 9 Health Benefits Of Eating Plums During Pregnancy
Latest posts by Manjiri Kochrekar (see all)
- 32 Lovely Wedding Anniversary Gift Ideas - June 28, 2017
- 10 Clear Signs That You Need Marriage Counselling - April 28, 2017
- 25 Wonderful Peacock Facts And Information For Kids - October 3, 2016
- 6 Most Popular Indian Mythological Stories For Kids - September 15, 2016
- 12 Health Benefits And 10 Facts About Oranges For Kids - June 16, 2016
- 16 Joyous Luau (Hawaiian) Party Ideas For Kids - May 31, 2016
- 35 Lesser-Known Facts About Great White Sharks For Kids - May 31, 2016
- 30 Unknown Sound Wave Facts And Information For Kids - May 31, 2016
- Can Kids Drink Kombucha? - Know Here! - May 27, 2016
- Tea Tree Oil For Kids - 15 Uses And 9 Safety Tips - May 18, 2016