Dishwashers are extremely useful appliances for cleaning up dirty, soiled dishes. Big dishwashers are packed with advanced features and functions, making them a practical and affordable fit for any modern kitchen. The best 18-inch dishwasher helps you load and unload your used dishes effortlessly. The big size would let you put even the larger-sized pans and utensils very easily. Anyone who has to wash dishes on a daily basis can attest to the value of a dishwasher. Check out this list of 18-inch dishwashers with reviews to see which one is right for you.
Our Top Picks
9 Best 18-Inch Dishwashers
If you are looking for a portable18-inch dishwasher that can fit into an RV, then Furrion built-in RV dishwasher is just the one for you. It has a durable stainless steel exterior that can resist vibrations and damage while traveling. Its three-part filter shields the interior steel tub and water pump from wear and tear.
The primary filter accumulates and breaks down debris, washing it down the drain. The second filter captures bigger pieces of dirt while the last fine filter blocks the dirt and debris from re-depositing on the dishes. With six-wash settings, the energy-efficient dishwasher can accommodate up to eight place settings.
- Additional space for small cups
- Easy to move
- Includes a towel rack
- Energy Star-certified
- Consumes relatively more water
The SPT 18-inch dishwasher is stylish and portable. It has a spacious cavity that can accommodate up to eight standard place settings, making it ideal for four. It is easy to connect to any kitchen faucet and does not require extra plumbing or permanent installation.
With powerful cleaning potential and customizable controls for wash,the energy-efficient washer saves electrical energy and cost, making it an economical choice.
- Sleek finish
- Compact and portable
- Adjustable upper rack
- Automatic detergent and rinse agent dispenser
- Does not dry utensils
If you seek a top-quality compact built-in dishwasher, you can consider this one from Frigidaire. The console dishwasher is versatile and has multiple wash cycle options, including a heavy cycle for washing dirty dishes and the China or crystal setting for delicate items.
Well-designed and spacious, this compact dishwasher has easy-to-use controls and simple-to-load racks. It is slightly smaller than the usual dishwashers and is suitable for small kitchens. It is appropriate for a medium-size family if you run one washing-cycle a day and is easy to maintain.
- Easy-touch button controls
- Stainless steel body
- Adjustable filter and rinse aid indicator
- Withstands maximum temperature of up to 140°F
- Relatively less washing space
The Danby 18-inch built-in dishwasher is an energy star washer. It is made of stainless steel, consumes less water, and holds up to eight place settings. There are six wash cycles: heavy, normal, eco, glass, rapid, and rinse, with four temperature settings for hot water.
It has a sanitizer mode with a temperature up to 156°F. With smart wash technology, the dishwasher automatically detects dirty dishes and runs a short wash first.
- Durable and long-lasting
- Sanitize option
- Delay-start feature
- Digital display
- Removable silverware basket
- Customer service may not be prompt
EdgeStar Dishwasher is lightweight, compact, and reliable. With six wash cycles and three sanitize options, this washer accommodates up to eight place settings. It has an intuitive control panel and a sound indicator at the end of the cycle.
The stainless steel tub shields the washer from mold and corrosion, and the leakage sensor stops water from overflowing. The rinse-aid section helps remove stains and prevents build-up while drying the dishes.
- Quiet 52-decibel operation
- Includes a silverware basket and cup tray
- Dries the dishes quickly
- Light indicator
- Small capacity dishwasher
The Avanti 18-inch built-in dishwasher has eight standard plate settings. With six automatic wash cycles, it has three additional wash options and a delayed start feature. The compact and sleek dishwasher is facilitated with a heated drying and sanitizing option.
The upper and lower racks are nylon-coated and have handles for convenience. It has a three-stage filtration process with a rinse-aid dispenser. The stainless steel interiors are rust-proof and mold-free.
- ADA compliant features
- Energy Star-certified
- Includes silverware basket
- Soft-touch control panel
- LED indicator lights
- Lightweight and easy to install
- No child lock
Compliant with ADA, the Frigidaire dishwasher is a built-in appliance. The top and bottom rack dual-spray arm system gives a complete cleaning cycle and removes 99.9% bacteria through its sanitize cycle. The stainless steel machine can accommodate up to eight place settings in one cycle. Multiple cleaning cycles include energy-saver, heavy-wash, and rinse-only. A 24-hour delay start button allows you to schedule the washing cycle according to your convenience.
- Easy to clean
- Full product warranty
- Energy Star-certified
- Sturdy and durable
- High water consumption rate
The SPT energy star built-in dishwasher is 18-inch wide and takes up minimal space. It features a smart wash soil sensor that automatically selects an appropriate wash cycle depending on the dirt level. It has two pull-out racks, six washing programs, and a time-delay setting. The drying cycle’s upgraded feature is a new heating function that dries and sanitizes the dishes faster. A stainless steel interior keeps this top-mounted dishwasher rust-proof, mold-free, and bacteria-free.
- Automatic dispensers
- Easy cleaning
- Quiet operation
- Side-mounting bracket not included
The Bosch 18-inch Dishwasher is designed with three racks and a ten-place setting capacity. The middle rack is adjustable at three levels and can accommodate dishes of various sizes. The silverware basket can also be split into two sections for more capacity. It is equipped with an InfoLight feature that lights the floor for you to know the machine is running. The AquaStop safety feature ends a wash cycle if it detects any water leakage.
- Adjustable racks
- 24-hour delay start
- Quiet operation
- Excellent customer care service
- Text on buttons might wear off
How To Choose The Right 18-Inch Dishwasher?
Listed below are some factors to consider while buying an 18-inch dishwasher.
- Material: A stainless steel dishwasher will keep the interior rust-proof and mold-free. The durable, sturdy material is a good option for portable and self-installed dishwashers.
- Sanitization: Pick a dishwasher with a heat drying and sanitizing option to keep your dishes hygienic and bacteria-free.
- Pricing:Only an expensive appliance doesn’t need to be good. Check all specifications and then compare the prices. It is better to invest in a reputed brand since it is a one-time investment.
- Compact: Pick a washer that is compact, lightweight, and easy to move with simple self-installation. It makes it easy to travel with or fit inside a small kitchen.
- Family size: Depending on your family size and the number of dishes you regularly wash, pick a dishwasher with a suitable number of racks and capacity.
- ADA compliant: ADA stands for “Americans with Disabilities Act,” which requires that the products be designed to be user-friendly for all individuals, including those with disabilities. Most compact dishwashers are ADA-compliant and are safe to use by people with disabilities.
- Sound: Check the dishwasher’s noise level – this can be found in the specifications or reviews. The quieter the dishwasher, the better it is.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Wedetso Chirhah is an experienced and skilled writer who specializes in writing about household items. He brings you a well-researched list of the best 18-inch dishwashers to make cleaning dishes easy. The options on this list are sleek and compact, energy-efficient, sturdy, easy to clean, and offer quiet operation. Moreover, the writer has also listed some factors you should consider when buying an 18-inch dishwasher.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much water does an 18-inch dishwasher use?
On average, compact dishwashers use 3.5gal of water per cycle.
2. Are most dishwashers of the same size?
Dishwashers are available in two standard sizes, 24in and 18in, but some may vary by half or one inch. The sizes are determined by the space they are made to fit in, rather than the actual dimensions of the machine.
Dishwashers are one of the handy appliances to have around the kitchen. The 18-inch models are portable and easy to self-install. Saving your time and energy, the dishwasher cleans and sanitizes dishes quickly and effectively. With so many options available in the market, we hope this list of the best 18-inch dishwashers makes your job easy.