Some of us enjoy pampering our hair by taking out time to use a separate shampoo and conditioner, while some find it time-consuming and almost always skip the conditioning part. If you find it tedious to use a conditioner separately, then you should look for a shampoo that also works as a conditioner.
Investing in one product that does the job of two and saves your time is good when you are crunched for time. If you agree, then you should consider buying 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioners that play an important part in our everyday routine. To make it a bit easier for you, MomJunction has curated a list of the best 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioners for women to choose from.
15 Best 2-In-1 Shampoo And Conditioners For Women
The Aveeno Scalp Soothing shampoo-cum-conditioner adds volume to fine hair. Oatmeal, which is known to promote a healthy scalp, is used as a primary ingredient in the shampoo. The shampoo is also infused with rosemary, cucumber, and peppermint to provide a fresh and cooling experience. Free from parabens and sulfates, it can be safely used on colored hair as well.
- The product is recommended for normal hair.
- It refreshes the hair, lightly moisturizes and adds volume to it.
- It is safe to use on colored hair.
- May not be suitable for oily hair.
Enhance your hair texture with this 2-in-1 shampoo-cum-conditioner from Finesse. The active protein in the shampoo penetrates the hair shaft, leaving it healthy and strong. Use it on dry and damaged hair to restore its moisture, strength, and shine. Styling your hair becomes easy after using the shampoo that turns the hair silky and soft.
- Silk and soy protein in this shampoo make the hair healthy and shiny.
- Can be used on all hair types.
- Best used on dry, frizzy, coarse, and damaged hair.
- Contains the signature scent of Finesse, made in the USA.
- Also helps in reducing hair fall.
- May not be great for conditioning.
The Hello Hydration collection from Herbal Essences is made with coconut essence to provide a luxurious experience. The 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner has Hawaiian coconut and orchid that transform dry hair into silky and shiny one. Its rich conditioning softens as well as nourishes the hair, providing long-lasting moisture that makes it easier to style the hair.
- It cleanses as well as hydrates the hair.
- The shampoo cum conditioner has a creamy coconut scent that lasts long.
- Managing and styling your hair becomes easy with this product.
- You can save time as there is no need to apply the conditioner after shampooing.
- May not be suitable for oily hair.
Formulated with natural protein and grapefruit antioxidant, the Garnier Daily Care 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner cleanses, nourishes, and strengthens the hair while making it extra shiny. Recommended for everyday use, the shampoo is proven to strengthen the hair up to 15 times.
- This is ideal for everyday use.
- It contains No parabens, and the bottle is made using recycled plastic.
- Makes hair stronger and shinier.
- Achieve soft and shiny hair by using the product as recommended.
- Might leave the hair a little greasy.
The Dove Nutritive Solutions 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner is formulated with a pro-moisture complex that moisturizes the hair from its strands. It also enhances the beauty of the hair by progressively nourishing it on daily use. The shampoo’s light-weight formula doesn’t leave the hair heavy after shampooing.
- It moisturizes the hair without weighing it down.
- Use it regularly for continuous improvement of hair health and appearance.
- It leaves the hair silky and soft.
- Its conditioning formula may not be effective.
Formulated for dandruff treatment, the Solimo 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner controls itching and flaking associated with dandruff, leaving the scalp clean and clear. The product is specially made to treat the symptoms of other scalp conditions such as psoriasis and seborrheic dermatitis along with dandruff. It contains 1% pyrithione zinc that prevents the recurrence of dandruff and the itching and flaking caused by it.
- It clears dandruff and conditions the hair.
- The shampoo is pH balanced for everyday use.
- It is cruelty-free, which means it is not tested on animals.
- Regular use could give you shiny and manageable hair.
- May not be suitable for normal hair without dandruff.
- Might make the hair a little dry.
Formulated with collagen and wheat protein, the Vitamin E 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner promotes hair growth while restoring damaged hair. The shampoo is recommended for fine and thin hair as it promotes hair growth as well as increases its volume. Promoted as a therapeutic shampoo, the product replenishes the original volume and texture of hair on regular use. It also contains vitamin E and tea tree oil that provides natural moisture to the hair.
- It can be used on all hair types and is safe to use even on colored hair.
- The shampoo contains natural ingredients, such as tea tree oil, to restore and protect the hair.
- This 2-in-one shampoo is not tested on animals.
- Results might vary from person to person.
The Pantene classic clean shampoo-cum-conditioner is rich in antioxidants and helps remove styling buildup effectively. With one single application, it cleanses the hair from root to tip, and conditions it to leave it looking healthy. The shampoo, which claims to keep the hair moisturized for 24 hours, can be used on color-treated hair. This 2-in-1 product also strengthens the hair, protecting it from damage.
- Get fresh, clean, and healthy hair by using this one product as recommended.
- Ideal for normal hair that requires daily care.
- It cleanses as well as conditions the hair, leaving it shiny and manageable.
- A bit expensive.
- Might leave the hair greasy.
Another 2-in-1 shampoo for dandruff and flaky scalp is the Head & Shoulders Classic Clean anti-dandruff shampoo-cum-conditioner. With Pyrithione Zinc as the active ingredient, the shampoo fights dandruff and flakes to make the scalp clean and refreshed. It also reduces itching and dryness associated with dandruff. The 2-in-1 formula cleanses the scalp while hydrating it. It has a light scent the leaves the hair smelling fresh.
- One product for cleansing and moisturizing.
- Regular usage results in dandruff-free scalp and hair.
- Available at an affordable price.
- May not be suitable for colored hair.
The T/Gel Daily Control 2-in-1 Anti-Dandruff shampoo-cum-conditioner is touted by Neutrogena as a dermatologist-recommended, fast-acting shampoo for dandruff control. Formulated with Pyrithione Zinc, the shampoo provides relief from flaking and itching. It also contains Vitamin-E that helps moisturize the scalp and hair and wheat proteins that help nourish and protect hair against damage.
- It is a daily-use anti-dandruff shampoo.
- The product’s non-drying formula cleans the scalp and makes the hair soft and manageable.
- The shampoo is safe to use on colored hair.
- It has a mild fresh scent.
- It might leave the scalp itchy.
Promoted as a salon-quality product, the Suave 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner is made with a pH-balanced formula recommended for everyday use. The shampoo is proven to cleanse and condition the hair, making it look healthy and shiny. It effectively removes buildup and heavy residue and makes the hair soft and manageable.
- It is recommended for everyday use.
- The shampoo can be used on all hair types.
- Works well on dry and coarse hair.
- Might not be suitable for thick hair.
Popular for its organic line of products, John Masters Organics’ proudly presents its Zinc & Sage shampoo-cum-conditioner to fight dandruff and reduce the itching and flaking it causes. While zinc offers protection against free radicals and reduces dryness, sage helps in alleviating irritating conditions like itching and flaking. The wheat amino acids make the hair shiny, soft, and easy to style.
- Recommended for dry scalps and use in cold weather conditions.
- Also helps in reducing symptoms of other scalp conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
- Papaya extracts used in the shampoo helps strengthen the hair shaft, making the hair look fuller.
- The shampoo-cum-conditioner is free from sulfates, parabens, mineral oils, synthetic colors and scents, and animal byproducts.
- 70% of the ingredients are natural.
- Might dry the hair after use.
Formulated with 1% Pyrithione Zinc and Pomegranate Extract, the Ion 2-in-1 Anti-Dandruff shampoo and conditioner controls dandruff and its associated itching, irritation, and flaking. The shampoo can be used on all hair types and is safe for everyday use. Regular use leaves the hair soft and healthy.
- Cleans and conditions the hair in one easy step.
- Paraben-free formula makes it safe for all hair types.
- Safe to use on color-treated hair.
- Might leave the hair dry and frizzy.
Created with a medicated formula, the JASON Dandruff Relief 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner cleans the scalp and conditions the hair in one easy step. It also helps in reducing dandruff and its related symptoms, such as flakes and itchiness.
The active ingredient in the product, Pyrithione Zinc, helps in reducing the effects of scalp psoriasis and dermatitis. At the same time, plant protein and jojoba oil make the hair feel soft and manageable.
- The shampoo cleanses, conditions, as well as reduces dandruff.
- Made with safe and effective ingredients.
- Free from sulfates, phthalates, petrolatum, and parabens.
- It is a cruelty-free product.
- Might leave the hair greasy.
- Does not lather much.
For thin and limp hair, the Thicker Fuller Hair 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner is the right solution. It improves hair volume and strengthens it too. Formulated with Cell-U-Plex technology, which is proven to increase the hair volume, the shampoo also contains caffeine energizers that promote hair growth.
- Prevents dandruff, thickens the hair shaft, strengthens the hair, and improves overall appearance.
- Can be used by both men and women.
- Safe to use on colored hair.
- Made with organic components.
- Might fall short at the conditioning part.
How to Choose The Best 2-in-1 Shampoo And Conditioner?
While choosing a shampoo-cum-conditioner, it is always recommended to pick the one that is more suitable for your hair type than what others suggest. Other than the hair type, here are a few other things that need to be considered.
- The ingredients: An ideal shampoo-cum-conditioner must have ingredients that are present in both shampoo and a conditioner. If you find the qualities of a conditioner less in a particular 2-in-1 product, there is no point going it.
- Consider your climate: The climate in your region may vary a bit when the seasons change. And not every weather treats the hair in the same way. So, choose a shampoo keeping in mind the temperatures and humidity levels your hair is exposed to. For tropical weather, use something effective in drying the scalp, and for cold temperatures, go for something that leaves moisture on the hair.
- Special needs: While a shampoo-cum-conditioner’s primary role is to cleanse and condition the hair, you need to check if the product is recommended for any special requirements that you have, like dandruff control. Similarly, you need to choose a product that is safe for colored hair.
- Additional features: Not all shampoos might change your hair texture. However, there are a few products that are formulated for specific purposes like adding volume to thin hair, straightening curly or frizzy hair, etc. If you prefer any such features, you should pick the shampoo that serves the purpose.
- Safety: Last but not least is safety. Choose a shampoo-cum-conditioner that does not contain sulfates, parabens, and other irritants. Such chemicals not only irritate the scalp but also rip off the natural oils from the hair.
What Not To Do While Using A Shampoo-cum-Conditioner?
Hair wash is something we do regularly. But it’s surprising to see many of us making some simple mistakes that would have adverse effects on our hair. Especially when it comes to using 2-in-1 products, you need to follow some precautions.
Listed below are some simple mistakes we need to avoid while shampooing our hair.
- Choosing a popular shampoo-cum-conditioner: Like discussed earlier, choose a 2-in-1 shampoo that is suitable for your hair, not one that is popular.
- Not using enough water: Either it is to wet your hair before using the product or to rinse your hair after using the shampoo, using enough water to wash your hair is a must. While not wetting the hair enough would dry out the hair, not rinsing the hair would make it greasy as the product contains conditioner as well.
- Not using the product in the right place: Shampooing is for the hair as well as for the scalp. As dust and dirt accumulate on the scalp, you need to shampoo it more compared to the hair. On the other hand, a conditioner needs to be applied to the ends and not to the scalp.
- Shampooing every day: It not only dries the hair but also rips off the natural moisture in the scalp leading to dry skin conditions like dandruff. Unless medically advised, don’t wash your hair every day. Instead, wash it every other day or use a dry shampoo in case you find your hair too oily.
- Using the conditioner again: When you’re using a shampoo cum conditioner, don’t use the conditioner again. It might leave your hair greasy.
Using the shampoo and conditioner properly is as important as finding the right product that meets your requirements. Hope these tips help you make the best use of a product you pick from our list.
Have you recently tried any shampoo-cum-conditioners? Comment below with your experience and help our readers make the right choice.