All you coffee lovers who cannot stop at just one cup, we have compiled a list of the best 5-cup coffee makers for you. Now you don’t have to waste time making one cup of coffee when you can make five at a time. Coffee is one of the most loved beverages in the world. The soothing dose of caffeine is what you need to wake up in the morning. But manually making a pot of coffee for the entire family can be quite cumbersome, and that’s why a 5-cup coffee maker can be a lifesaver. Available with various features and designs, take a look at our list to choose the right one for your kitchen.
11 Best 5-Cup Coffee Makers
1. Best Space-Saving: Amazon Basics 5-Cup Coffee Maker
When it comes to a 5-cup coffee maker, this one by Amazon Basics won’t disappoint. It features a removable filter basket with a reusable mesh filter, eliminating the need for paper filters. The coffee maker holds a maximum of 740 ml of hot invigorating liquid. The coffee maker features a power on and off switch positioned in front of it to make it accessible. This machine allows coffee drinkers to pour themselves a cup while brewing. Included with the unit is a glass carafe with coffee cup marking indicators. Check out this review video showcasing a tester’s experience to know more about the product.
- Anti-drip function
- Space-saving design
- Elegant and sleek design
- It might be prone to overheating
2. Best Dishwasher Friendly: Hamilton Beach 5-Cup Switch Coffee Maker
This coffee maker is ideal for a medium-sized family, whether at home or while traveling. The highlight feature of this mug is its voice control compatibility with Alexa, Google Home, and Siri. Voice commands offer hands-free operation and a glimpse into the future. Making this machine user-friendly is the swing-out brew basket that makes it easy to fill it with coffee grounds. Along with the coffee maker is a glass carafe with an ergonomically positioned handle. You no longer need to worry about spills as the brewing cycle automatically pauses when the carafe is removed. Last but not least, the carafe has dishwasher-safe parts.
- Compact size
- Smart plug compatible
- Non-stick hot plate
- Easy to clean
- The stainless steel bottom plate might corrode quickly.
3. Best Easy-To-Use: KRUPS Simply Brew Compact Filter Drip 5-Cup Coffee Maker
The modern and elegant design of this small coffee maker by KRUPS becomes apparent at first glance, and its stainless steel accents not only add to its look but also enhance its durability. The coffee maker is designed to allow you to pour yourself a cup of coffee even while it’s brewing. The glass carafe with an easy-to-hold handle is designed with a no-drip spout to eliminate coffee messes. Thanks to its auto-shutoff function, you no longer need to worry even if you forget to turn off the unit. This coffee maker holds a maximum of 750 ml of liquid and serves 5 cups of coffee. The unit includes a glass crate, a permanent filter, and a dishwasher-friendly coffee spoon. Take a look at this review cum testing video to learn more about the product.
- Small form factor
- Visible water tank windows
- Large opening for easy filling
- Easy to use
- The lid of the carafe may not stay open.
Best Dishwasher Friendly
|Amazon Basics 5-Cup Coffee Maker||Hamilton Beach 5-Cup Switch Coffee Maker||KRUPS Simply Brew Compact Filter Drip 5-Cup Coffee Maker|
|Wattage||650 watts||950 watts||650 watts|
|Weight||2.7 Pounds||3.3 Pounds||2.78 Pounds|
|Material||Glass, Plastic||Glass||Stainless Steel|
|Dimensions||7.48"D x 7.87"W x 10.47"H||8.82 x 5.94 x 10.91 inches||5.71"D x 8.07"W x 10.08"H|
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
4. Best Compact Design: Mr. Coffee 5-Cup Mini Coffee Maker
This expert-recommended 5-cup coffee maker by Mr. Coffee is crafted from the highest grade of plastic to ensure durability and longevity. It holds up to 25 oz of coffee and has a conveniently placed power switch. The machine can be paused so you can pour a cup of coffee whenever required. It includes a glass carafe with an ergonomic handle for easy handling. This is an affordable coffee maker with a portable design that is suitable for use both at home or office. Last but not least, the lift and clean filter basket make for convenient cleaning. Watch this review cum testing video to get a better idea about the product and its features.
- Compact design
- Easy to view water window
- Easy to clean
- Power light indicator
- It may require a lot of coffee grounds to make the coffee strong.
5. Best Auto-Pause: Holstein Housewares 5-Cup Coffee Maker
Need to jump-start your day? Well, this 5-cup coffee maker by Holstein can do just that for you with a cup of magical elixir. This coffee maker features an auto-pause function, allowing you to pour a cup of coffee before the brewing is completed. The glass carafe has a water level indicator, allowing you to add the right amount of water depending on the cups of coffee needed. The handle of the anti-drip carafe is large enough to fit most adult hands and is positioned to make pouring easy. The company also includes a measuring spooning with this unit for you to know how much coffee grounds to add.
- Removable cone filter
- One-touch operation
- Non-stick warm plate
- Available in different colors
- Most standard filters might not be compatible with this unit.
6. Best Non-Stick: BLACK+DECKER 5-Cup Coffee Maker
This coffee maker has a compact and portable design, suitable for small apartments, condos, and offices. The company has made its coffee maker easy to operate and equipped it with a lighted on and off switch. Much of its popularity arises from its user-friendly operation. The included glass carafe is equipped with a sturdy handle that is ergonomically placed. Cleaning is made easy with this coffee maker as it is dishwasher-friendly. If you’re looking for a reliable 5-cup coffee maker with basket-type paper filters, this one by BLACK+DECKER, a tried-and-tested brand, might be the right one for you.
- Removable filter basket
- Coffee markings
- Non-stick carafe plate
- Water window
- The power cord might be too short if your wall socket is at a distance.
7. Best Programmable: Capresso 5-Cup Mini Drip Coffee Maker
The highlight feature of this carafe by Capresso is its programmable features. You can set a timer and start brewing your coffee at that exact time without manually starting it. Multiple nozzle sprays present on the unit allow the water to evenly distribute onto the coffee grounds and give you the perfect start to your day. The company makes use of the gold-tone filter, eliminating the need for messy paper filters. That also makes clean-up easy since there isn’t much of a mess to clean. Last but not least is the glass carafe with water or coffee cup markings, an ergonomic handle, and an anti-drip spout.
- Compact size
- Automatic hot plate shutoff
- Quick brew
- Might be a little noisy
8. Best Portable: Zojirushi 5-Cup Coffee Maker
Zojirushi’s single-serve coffee maker, made from high-grade plastic, is equipped with a cone basket that is housed wdrithin the glass carafe. The machine has a water window with a sight gauge to add the right amount of water for the desired cups of coffee. It can quickly become expert-approved as the ergonomic, elongated, and easy-to-hold handle of the glass carafe makes it easy to pour a cup of coffee. The water filter is easily replaceable, so you won’t have to purchase another unit. The one switch-operation and user-friendly nature of this 5-cup coffee maker earned it a top post on our list of the 11 best 5-cup coffee makers.
- Compact and portable
- Removable water reservoir
- Automatic keep-warm function
- Long-lasting charcoal water filter
- Might be prone to occasional leaks
9. Best Easy-To-Clean: Mixpresso 5-Cup Drip Coffee Maker
The one-touch on and off switch makes using this coffee maker by Mixpresso so convenient. It makes 5 cups of hot coffee and makes use of a reusable filter. The filter is also removable, making cleaning easy. One of the prime features of this thermal coffee maker is that it also fits paper filters and is compatible with basket-type paper filters. The glass carafe is built to last and has an ergonomically designed handle that makes pouring a cup of coffee simple. Lastly, this 5-cup coffee maker can be washed in a dishwasher.
- Illuminated power button
- Auto-warm carafe plate
- Compact design
- Water level window
- Might be prone to spills
10. Best Reusable Filter: Gevi 5-Cup Coffee Maker
This programmable coffee maker by Gevi simplifies the entire procedure of making coffee. Its brewing time is four to six minutes and it consumes 700 W of power. It is designed to hold exactly 750 ml of liquid, which equates to 5 cups of coffee. The 6-hole showerhead dispenses water evenly over the coffee grounds to extract maximum flavor. The machine is equipped with a reusable coffee filter that is easy to remove and clean. The two-hour auto-shutoff function prevents the coffee maker from overheating and getting damaged. The included glass carafe is uniquely designed for safe operation and has a portable design.
- Non-stick warming plate
- Reusable coffee filter
- Auto-pause function
- LCD screen
- Compact and portable design
- Might be prone to occasional leaks around the edges
11. Best With Pre-Infusion Mode: Bonavita Five Cup Drip Coffee Maker Machine
Make your mornings hassle-free by quickly brewing four or five cups of coffee with the BPA-free Bonavita coffee maker machine. Its showerhead and filter basket work in unison to ensure even saturation of coffee grounds to get similar tasting delicious coffee every day. This double-walled stainless steel finish featuring device has a 1100W heater that maintains a brewing temperature of 198°-205°F, allowing you to brew cafe-like hot and creamy coffee at home. Moreover, this coffee maker also has a pre-infusion mode that enables you to bloom the fresh coffee before brewing to get a more intense flavor.
- Stainless-steel carafe
- Pour-over brewing
- Flat, stable bottom
- Compact and portable
- Lid might be slightly leaky
- May not be easy to clean
How To Choose The Right 5-Cup Coffee Maker?
Here are a few things that you need to consider before choosing a 5-cup coffee maker.
- Material: Standard coffee makers have a plastic or stainless steel construction. The main difference between both these materials is durability, with stainless steel being the more durable. However, plastic coffee makers are less expensive when compared to their stainless steel counterparts. The choice boils down to price VS durability. However, since a coffee maker is a one-time investment, it’s always better to let quality top your priority list.
- Design: The design is influenced by the kind of material used to construct it. However, irrespective of that, it is important to choose something you like. One of the factors to bear in mind when considering the design of a 5-cup coffee maker is compactness. A compact coffee machine can fit in small places and provides for easy storage. A compact coffee maker is also portable and can be easily carried to your workplace.
Heather Johnson (Food Hussy), a food blogger and winner of Guy’sGrocery Games in August 2022, says, “Choose a coffee maker that complements the décor of your kitchen or office pantry. I usually opt for colorful coffee makers that add a pop of color to my kitchen countertop.”
- Filters: The filter depends entirely on the coffee maker as not all filters are compatible with all coffee makers. Some filters are cone-shaped, while others are flatter. While flatter filters are easily available and more convenient to use, cone shape filters offer better extraction. Both types are available in reusable and non-reusable filter forms. While non-reusable filters save you a couple of bucks, they tend to do a worse job filtering over time. That is why it is highly recommended to purchase non-reusable compatible filters.
- Carafe: The carafe is one of the most important parts of a coffee maker. It holds the hot invigorating drink and helps you safely pour it into your cup. Most coffee makers are equipped with glass carafes that are built to withstand extreme heat. Before purchasing a coffee maker, ensure that the glass carafe has water or coffee cup markings, an anti-drip spout to ensure an even flow of coffee and an ergonomic handle.
- Extra features: When it comes to features in a coffee maker, some of the expert-recommended factors to look out for include timers, programmability, overheating protection, pause-and-serve function, auto shutoff function, automatic pre-infusion mode, and a keep-warm function. While all these additional features are not essential to the basic functioning of a coffee maker, they do make things a lot easier.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Sakshi John is a skilled product writer who covers kitchen essentials besides other products. With numerous related articles to her name, she is well aware of people’s requirements regarding kitchen products. In this list of the best five-cup coffee makers, she has included the premium ones that are compact, stylish, easy to maintain and offer maximum capacity. Moreover, to help you make the right choice, she has provided a pros and cons section for each and a buying guide.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the easiest way to clean my coffee maker?
Cleaning a coffee maker can be easier than you imagined. The secret ingredient to this is vinegar. Add around 4 cups of vinegar to the reservoir and let it sit for at least 30 minutes. Switch on the coffee maker and run the vinegar through a brewing cycle. To get rid of the vinegar smell, run water through 2 or 3 brewing cycles and your coffee maker will be ready for use.
2. Do all filters perform the same?
Simply put, all filters do not perform the same. Some filters, like cone-shaped ones, are the best because of their ability to filter even the smallest of sediments, giving you delicious coffee. However, flatter filters tend to allow small sediments to pass through and enter the carafe.
3 How much coffee does a five-cup coffee maker make?
Most standard five-cup coffee makers can brew a maximum of 25 oz or 700ml of java at a given time.
4. How much coffee do I need for a cup of coffee?
In general, it’s recommended to use 8.3 grams of coffee per 5 oz or 150 ml of water. However, you can adjust the water ratio based on how light or strong you’d like your coffee.
With all the information you must have gained by reading the options above, you must have learned that the best 5-cup coffee makers can bring the best coffee to you. You can now start your day with a wholesome cup of coffee and feel more energetic than ever. It is easy to use and is highly efficient in making tasteful coffee. However, you must consider its capacity and ensure it suits your requirements. Lastly, it is always good to ensure that the cup coffee maker is made from durable material to last you for a good number of years with optimum ease and comfort.
Infographic: How To Choose The Right 5-Cup Coffee Maker?
A coffee maker helps you brew coffee with consistent precision and perfection. However, selecting the right coffee maker can be overwhelming due to the plethora of choices available in the market. So, read the following infographic to help you make an informed choice.