Board games for six to eight players are great icebreakers at holiday parties, sleepovers, casual parties, family reunions, weekend family time, or get-togethers. If you are looking for the perfect game to start, we suggest you choose from this list of the best 8 player board games to enjoy with your loved ones. These tried-and-tested games are exciting, fun and allow you to explore your creativity, imagination, team-building, problem-solving, social skills, reasoning, cognitive thinking, and more.
12 Best 8 Player Board Games
Exploding Kittens Party is a Russian roulette card-based board game, ideal for times when there are lots of players, as it can accomodate two to ten people. It is a fun family game with laser beams, explosions, kittens, and goats, and is simple to learn and includes 120 cards packed in a box with instructions. Here’s a review cum testing video to help you get a better understanding of this award-winning multiplayer board game.
- Cards feature original art from ‘The Oatmeal’
- Comes with a card to skip your turn
- Simple game
- Three lithium metal batteries included
- Cards might get a little warped over time
- Replay value might be limited
2. Best For Variety: Golden Spoons Mission To Mars
Golden Spoons Mission to Mars is a fun game to play with family and friends over long durations. It has multiple alternative playing options that can be applied, creating various versions of the game and increasing its playability. The party board game includes a deck of 54 playing cards, eight mission cards, five mission tokens per mission, a golden spoon token, and an instruction manual. It is a popular board game that requires a sharp eye and quick hands to defeat the other players at the table.
- Fast-paced gameplay
- Helps develop social skills
- Encourages hand-eye coordination
- Some may find the instructions complicated
- May not be suitable for young children
The eight-player board game can be played by two to 12 players. This social board game includes a folding board with chips and cards. You need to have five chips on the board in a row to create a sequence. It is an easy yet challenging game and helps develop STEM skills among children. Need more information? Watch this product testing video to make an informed decision about the popular board game.
- Two decks of playing cards and 135 playing chips included
- Ideal for ages seven and above
- Cards might crease a bit over time
- Fonts on the cards might be a little small
With 160 interesting challenges, the game includes dexterity-based challenges that you can play as teams, duos, or individually. The pack contains 160 challenge cards, ten cups, 80 betting tokens, five balls, four dice, a measuring tape, a memo pad, chopsticks, and a sand timer. Suitable for ages nine and above, up to eight people can play this team-based board game. If you need further convincing, check out this review showcasing a tester’s experience with this fun game.
- Ten rounds of challenges
- Encourages self-confidence, motor skills, coordination, teamwork, and dexterity
- 40 minutes average playtime
- Easy to learn
- All challenges might not be accessible to eight players
- Might be a little difficult to store
The award-winning USAopoly Telestrations set includes over 1700 words with eight erasable sketchbooks, eight clothes for cleaning, and eight dry-erase markers. Suitable for eight players, you need to sketch what you see and guess other sketches to win. Packed with fun and humor, the entertaining and cooperative board game encourages player interaction and provides 30 to 60 minutes of playtime.
- 142 cards
- No drawing skills required
- Easy to learn
- Ideal for gifting
- Marker may be a little watery
- May not be suitable for younger children
The family train board game is ideal for children aged six and above. It provides around 15-20 minutes of game time, comfortably holding the child’s interest and attention. The aim of the adventure board game is to travel cross-country on the board. With a new map and easy rules, the train returns to its station when a player collects six tickets to claim the golden ticket as the prize.
Decode secret codes to win in this intense 30-minute board game. Iello Decrypto is suitable for three to eight players above the age of 12. The components include the use of anaglyph effects to decode the coded messages without letting your opponents know. This high-focus competitive board game includes interactions and full concentration throughout the rounds.
- Fun code-cracking element
- No downtime between turns
- Good interaction between players
- Encourages creativity
- Instructions may be a little confusing
- Card holders may be a little flimsy
Authenticity Agility is a 500-question card game for adults and teenagers. It can work as a great ice-breaker and conversation starter. The entertaining dice-based board game is easy to play and includes a box with one dice and 100 question cards over five categories. Everyone gets a chance to answer thought-provoking questions, promoting lots of player interactions and better understanding.
- Simple rules and easy to play
- Decreases screen-time
- Includes five warm-up cards
- Ideal for parent-child activity
- Few questions might seem a little personal for some people
- Box may not be durable
A four-in-one high-tech pod game, this wireless, interconnected, fast-paced game includes four pods. The first game is called ‘Tap It,’ where the player who taps their color the most in 60 seconds wins. Its second game is called Pong, where players send their pods back and forth. The third game is Switch, where players race around the room to reach their colors, and the fourth is called Memory, where they match patterns.
- Connects upto 24 pods
- Develops hand-eye coordination
- Four multicolor light-up pods
- Ideal game for parties and children
- Range between pods might not be long
- Eight AA batteries required
The family board game promotes problem-solving, social skills, critical thinking, and life skills. Suitable for two to eight players, the interactive game includes more than 200 question and activity cards that the players need to draw, spell, and answer to move on the board.
- Emphasizes reading and writing
- Encourages conversations
- Ideal for parent-child activity
- Easy and fun to use
- Base may be a little small
- May not be ideal for adults
11. Best Horror: Fantasy Flight Games Eldritch Horror Board Game
Make your game nights thrilling with the Fantasy Flight Games Eldritch horror board game. This strategy board game features characters such as ancient ones, investigators, and monsters that force you to solve mysteries and take you on multiple adventures on the board to offer loads of fun and make playtime interesting. The Eldritch world is coming to an end due to the mayhem that is threatening to destroy humanity, so the players need to find the courage to push back against the monsters of the Eldritch board and save the world. The fantasy-themed board game will be a hit on family game nights.
- Enhances strategy and cooperation skills
- Suitable for ages 13 and above
- Suitable for one to eight players
- Instructions may be difficult to understand for some
- Might take a long time to reach a conclusion
12. Best Classic: uDog Board Game
uDog’s board game can bring the entire family together. This classic board game includes cards, marbles, and other puzzle pieces and can be played by two to eight players. The players need to pick a card and move the marbles on the board based on the card’s value- get all eight marbles home, and you get to be the winner. Whether you are a novice or an expert, this family board game offers lots of fun for people of all ages.
- Durable pieces
- Sturdy wooden base
- Battery-free operation
- Suitable for gifting
- Cards might curl over time
- May have a short playing time
How To Choose The Right 8 Player Board Games?
Here are some tips you can follow when choosing the right eight-player board games.
- Duration: Check the approximate duration of each game so that it is gripping and interesting, especially if you want to include children.
- Teams: Check if the game allows dividing players into teams to reduce chaos and playtime. It offers a more organized manner of playing.
- Space: Pick a game that does not require people to sit close and around the board at all times as it could get uncomfortable.
- Accessories: Ensure the board game includes the necessary accessories, but they should not be complicated to promote easy playing.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Priti Bose is a writer specializing in the analysis and review of children’s products, toys, and gifts. Having written numerous articles and gone through hundreds of websites, she has gained substantial knowledge on the subject. Keeping your requirements in mind, Priti has compiled a list of the best 8 player board games to enjoy with your friends and family. For your convenience, she has provided descriptive details about each game’s features and included a purchasing guide section to help you choose the best one.
Whether it is a holiday, sleepover, family reunion, or a simple get-together, 8-player board games can help create a fun-filled environment. Our list of the best 8-player board games includes various fun options with different themes suitable for people of all ages. To pick the right one, you should check if the game rules are easy to follow and suit the age requirements of all those who would play with you. Besides, the game you select should be engaging regardless of the duration. So, make game nights more exciting and joyful with a suitable board game that offers endless fun.
Infographic: A Quick Buying Guide For Multiplayer Board Games
Board games help bring friends and family together. However, with various options available, choosing a suitable board game might be challenging. So, follow the infographic to find a board game that your friends and family will enjoy.
- Best Board Games From 8-14-Year-Old
- Best Family Board Games
- Best Board Games For Groups
- Best 4-Player Board Games