One of the necessities of any kitchen is to have the best air-tight containers. These containers are built for storage purposes and play a key role in organizing a kitchen.
An air-tight container has an air-restricting strap around the lid or comes with locks. These storage containers are available in several shapes, sizes, and color themes to conform to your needs. By restricting air entry into the containers, these products improve the shelf-life of stored goods. You may also use them for refrigerating foods.
We have listed a few brands selling air-tight containers in this post. These are durable and economical, so take a look.
15 Best Airtight Containers To Buy
The pop container keeps dry food fresh and your kitchen organized. Oxo containers are`available in different sizes, ideal for retaining various food items, including cereals, flour, coffee, tea, and sugar. The A-lid of the container is easy to use and compatible with scoops and labels.
- Made of BPA-free materials
- Single-button to keep the ingredients sealed
- Can fit any space
- Versatile and durable
- Seal may not function smoothly
The airtight food storage containers from Chef’s Path have four-sided lock lids with a rubber seal to keep your food fresh for an extended period. You get four boxes and eight reusable chalkboard labels in the set to organize the kitchen space better. Whether it is flour, rice, grain, pasta, cereals, coffee, tea, or pet food, anything can be stored in these storage containers.
- Flip-top lid for easy pouring
- Made of high-quality plastic
- Durable and practical
- Microwave-safe and freezer-friendly
- Double tip chalkboard marker included
- Could be small for some
If you want to pack some food for your next camping trip, this container can be a good choice. It is portable and can be stored easily in handbags. The vacuum seal can be used to pack dry food and liquid beverage without worrying about spillage. The round container measures 3.38×3.38×5.63in and is available in different colors.
- Multipurpose and moisture-free
- NSF-tested for quality
- Can be reused and recycled
- Food doesn’t lose its original shape and smell
- May not be durable
- May not be break-proof
The Oggi five-piece set includes one 65oz, 51oz, 22oz, and two 26oz storage canisters. They have airtight lids with silicone gaskets to preserve your favorite cookies and other dry food for a long time. Wipe the containers with a damp cotton cloth to clean them and reuse them. The set makes an ideal gift for your friends and relatives.
- Lightweight and versatile
- Modern and elegant
- Strong and break-resistant
- Clear acrylic containers let you see inside
- Easy to use and clean
- May develop cracks after a few days of usage
- Scrubbing may create scratches
Use Komax’stwo containers to store various pasta and lasagne sheets without worrying about breakage. Made of good quality PP plastic, the container will protect your pasta from bugs and keep them fresh while increasing their shelf-life. Each box measures 11.5×3.5×4.3in and can hold 77.8oz of weight.
- Heat-resistant and airtight
- Made of recyclable and eco-friendly plastic
- Freezer, microwave, and dishwasher-friendly
- Durable and versatile
- Designed for all pasta varieties
- May be small for some
The Dwellza canister set includes six small containers of the same size and an airtight lid-lock mechanism. Push the ring-shaped button on the lid to keep your food fresh for days. The seal is secured and lets you store liquids too. The containers do not taint the flavor or aroma of the ingredients or foods as they are made of 100% BPA-free plastic.
- Can be stacked in the freezer
- Dishwasher-safe and easy to use
- Durable and good quality
- Elegant and practical design
- Easy to open and lock
- Keep your drawer organized
- Cleaning the top may not be easy
The Baycoset contains 12 small and large containers of three different shapes: square, rectangle, and circle. The containers are handy for carrying food or snacks for picnics, pre or post-gym snacking, and camping. You can find the set with three different lid colors of white, grey, and blue.
- BPA-free lids
- Made of borosilicate glass
- Leak-proof and microwave-safe
- Keeps the food fresh and odorless
- Easy to use and clean
- Lids may not be safe to clean in a dishwasher
- Few may be too small
The Dragonn set includes a combination of small, medium, and large containers. These high-quality containers are airtight and perfect for keeping the food fresh and safe for a long time. You can clean them easily by removing the silicone attached around the lids and use them for multiple purposes.
- Made of high-quality BPA-free plastic
- Secure sealing and versatile design
- Labels included
- Lets you organize your kitchen
- Easy to stack and use
- May break quickly
The Zens airtight container is made of clear glass to let you see what’s inside. It is 4.76inin size with a diameter of 3.15in, which makes it suitable to hold 450mlof weight. The jar is made of good-quality borosilicate glass, which makes it durable and less prone to breaking.
- BPA-free silicone seal ring
- Keeps moisture away from the contents inside
- Lightweight and heat-resistant
- Requires gentle handling
- May not be suitable to store liquid items
Easy to stack and use, the Rubbermaid containers are one of the best airtight boxes with thick walls. They are durable, leak-proof, and suitable to store various food items. These stain and odor-resistant containers retain the quantity of your food for an extended period.
- Dishwasher-friendly and freezer-safe
- Made of BPA-free Tritan plastic
- Light and sleek lid
- Easy to maintain and save space
- Could develop scratches after a few months
Storing rice becomes easy and hassle-free with the unique rice storage container from TBMax.It has a measurement cup and a dispenser spout for convenient pouring. The 5lb box has double sealing rings to keep food fresh and safe for a long time. It has a portable handle, and the transparent design lets you see the inside.
- Leak-proof and durable
- Made of BPA-free, food-grade plastic
- Keeps pest and moisture away
- Versatile, easy to stack
- Lids may not snap properly
If you have a thing for glass, then this container set from Prepara can be an ideal choice. It is made of high-quality borosilicate glass with a touch of stainless steel on its lid. The set has three ergonomically designed containers in mini, medium, and large sizes and a loop handle for easy holding. The boxes are dishwasher-safe, and their lids require hand wash.
- Compact and easy to stack
- Made of good-quality materials
- Durable and versatile
- Expels air out of the container as you seal
- May not be smell-proof
Flrolove’s set brings you four small airtight glass mason canisters with hinged lids. These glass jars are non-toxic and BPA-free, making them a healthy and safe option for you to store dry ingredients, spices, or candies. Each jar can hold up to 32oz weight and does not discolor or leach chemicals into the food. They can be used for years when washed and maintained well.
- Easy to clean, use, and wash
- Keeps the food fresh for a long time
- Chalkboard labels and markers included
- Made of corrosion-resistant materials
- May not be dishwasher-safe
- Metal may erode after some time
If you are looking for a fancy jar to store candies, nuts, and seeds, then the Sweejar glass container set can be a suitable option. The clear glass jars have bamboo lids with silicone sealing rings, which keep air out and your food fresh. You can even use them to heat food in the microwave after removing their lid. The environmentally friendly food jar set can be a practical gift choice too.
- Four different sizes
- Dishwasher-safe and versatile
- Strong sealing to keep moisture away
- Easy to stack on the kitchen shelves
- Requires handling with care
- Bamboo lids may have a mild odor
To organize your kitchen, Stashableshas designed a set of eight airtight plastic containers with a transparent body that lets you see the contents inside. The boxes have rings, which require flipping up and down to open and close. You also get 24 chalkboard labels and one marker to make the mall sorted.
- Made from BPA-free, food-grade materials
- Shatterproof and durable design
- Dishwasher, freezer, and microwave-friendly
- Available in different sizes to suit various needs
- Lid tabs may not be strong
How To Choose The Right Airtight Container?
Here are a few features you should look for when choosing airtight containers.
- Ease of opening: Airtight containers need pressure to create the vacuum inside. However, that may make opening and closing them a bit difficult. So, look for boxes that have a strong silicon seal and are easy to open. You can go for the ones with a latch-lock mechanism, which tightens the seal and is easy to open as well.
- BPA-free considerations: Bisphenol A or BPA is a chemical used to harden the plastic. Its toxic qualities can make your food lose its essential nutrients, leading to health issues. They shouldn’t be put in a microwave or used for an extended period. It is always better to avoid using a container made of BPA.
- Capacity and size: You should choose the containers’ size and volume as per your requirements. Note the size of the kitchen shelves and food items you want to store in the boxes. For example, if you are buying a container to store rice, get a large container with a dispenser cap. And if you want a container for lasagne sheets, see that its length and width are longer than the standard size.
- Leak-proof: Sometimes, you may want to take your containers to the camping trip to carry food or dry ingredients. During such times, leak-proof containers can be an ideal option as they don’t spill out the contents.
- Ease of cleaning: Look for containers that are dishwasher-friendly and easy-to-clean with a damp cloth.
While choosing airtight containers, look for the ones with the best seal and match the other containers in your kitchen
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How does an airtight container keep food fresh?
Airtight containers preserve food’s originality by obstructing air and moisture that can make it soggy. The lid of the airtight food containers is made of rubber or silicone and has a sealing mechanism.
2. How do you know if a container is airtight?
To inspect if the containers are airtight, fill them with water and flip them upside down. If the water leaks, they are not airtight. If it doesn’t, it means it can block both water and air.
Another way to test is by sealing the box with moisture-detecting crystals and submerge in the water for a few minutes. If moisture gets into the container, the crystals may change their color.
Airtight containers are a versatile option and valuable addition to our kitchen shelves. Look for durability and other features when buying. You can even do the test to check if they are seal-proof. It is better to look for environmental-friendly options other than plastic containers.