Ensure your drinking water is clean and healthy with the best alkaline water pitchers. An alkaline water filtration pitcher is a piece of equipment that improves the water’s pH level by decreasing the Oxygen Reduction Potential (ORP). The alkaline water supports a healthy immune system and aids your weight loss efforts. So, if you want a healthy body and mind, the alkaline pitcher’s antioxidant-rich water can enhance your immunity. So, explore our list of expert-recommended and tried-and-tested alkaline water pitchers and choose the right product.
No products Found
Benefits Of Using Alkaline Water Pitcher
- Treats acid reflux: Alkaline water may help deactivate pepsin, the acid-reflux-causing enzyme (1).
- May prevent osteoporosis: Consumption of alkaline water may prevent osteoporosis and protect pancreatic beta cells with its antioxidant effects (2).
- Helps improve bone mineral density: Consumption of abundant alkaline-forming foods can improve bone mineral density (BMD) (3).
- Tastes better: The taste of AEW(Alkaline Electrolyzed Water) of 9.5 pH was considered better than unelectrolyzed water.
15 Best Alkaline Water Pitchers
1. Best With Water Quality Meter: ZeroWater ZD-018 ZD018
ZeroWater alkaline water pitcher comes with a water quality meter. It is a 23-cup water filter pitcher with a slim tank and no-drip spigot. You can use it for office and home as it looks decent and attractive. The equipment undergoes a five-stage filtration to provide better-tasting water. This alkalizing water pitcher helps remove chromium and lead. This product testing video by a reviewer will help you understand the product better.
- Made of BPA-free materials
- Suits a mid-sized family
- Might not be sufficient for a family of more than six to seven members
2. Best With LockFit Top Cap: PUR Water Filter Pitcher Filtration System
The seven-cup clear blue alkaline water dispenser pitcher helps reduce contaminants effectively. Its filter PPF900Z is tested and certified to reduce 2X more contaminants than the other models in the market. The model works on innovative technology to provide superior, tastier water. Check out a detailed review of the product in this video.
- Traps small dust particles
- Provides up to 40 gallons of filtered water
- LockFit top cap design for secure filter fit
- Does not have an LED to indicate filter changing needs
3. Best With Filter Life Indicator: Waterdrop Chubby 10-Cup Water Filter Pitcher
Waterdrop Chubby pitcher is an NSF-certified product and has one filter. It can produce over 200-gallon water. This alkaline water jug can give you clean water by removing lead, fluoride, and chlorine. It is BPA-free equipment. Watch this video of the product for more information.
- Has a filter life indicator
- NSF-42 certified
- Replacement filters are easily available for this model
- Might not show an improvement on TDS reading
4. Best BPA-Free: Levoit Upgrade Water Filter Pitcher
The ten-cup large alkaline water purifier pitcher is BPA-free certified. Its five-layer filtration technology can remove the toughest of chemicals, including fluoride, alkaline, chlorine, lead, and heavy metals. The alkaline water pitcher with filter indicator comes with a two-year warranty period that you can trust and use for a longer duration. It does not produce any odor and gives you clean water.
- Easy assembly and cleaning
- Doesn’t occupy space
- Electronic indicator updates you about the remaining filter life
- Pitcher refills quickly
- Filter indicator light might not work for many days
5. Best Medium-Sized: EHM Ultra Premium Alkaline Water Filter Pitcher
The EHM Ultra Premium fast-filtering alkaline water pitcher has a capacity of 3.5 liters and is an efficient water filter, storage container, and dispenser. It uses an activated carbon filter and dispenses mineralized alkaline water for improved body alkalinity. The pitcher takes a few minutes to filter your tap water and maintains a pH of up to 9.5. It has a sleek design with a clear transparent color that allows complete visibility.
- Fast adsorption speed
- Free-flow design for steady and fast filtration
- Proven water impurities removal
- Easy-grip handle
- Initial filtered water may have a distinct odor
- Needs a frequent change of filters
6. Best With Easy-Pour Spout: Dragonn Alkaline Water Pitcher
With a complimentary filter, this portable alkaline water pitcher features a 3.5-liter capacity. Claiming to remove lead, chlorine, and a host of other impurities from water, this pitcher claims to enhance water pH to 8.5 or 9.5. Furthermore, the company also came up with an advanced model in 2019 named DN-KW-WP01.
- Utilizes seven-stage cartridge
- Slim in design to fit in the refrigerator
- Has an easy-pour spout
- May not remove fluoride
7. Best For Removing Free Radicals: Invigorated Water pH Restore Alkaline Water Pitcher
The pH Restore filtered water pitcher provides high-pH water that is claimed to have many health benefits. This product comes from Invigorated Water Store, which has made it their mission to make clean alkaline water accessible for all. Made from high-quality materials, the PH001 filter in the pitcher claims to remove free radicals from the water. The capacity of this pH-balancing pitcher is 3.5-liter.
- Breaks down water molecules for easy absorption
- Creates high antioxidant water to neutralize the free radicals
- Remineralizes the water by adding iron, zinc, and calcium
- Lid of the filter may not fit properly
8. Best Stainless Steel: Invigorated Water pH Vitality Stainless Steel Alkaline Water Pitcher
From the house of Invigorated Water, we have one of the best alkaline water pitchers with multiple stages of filtration, providing safe, high pH-filtered water for drinking. It comes with a long-life filter. Made of stainless steel, this pitcher is easy to maintain and clean. With a capacity of 1.9 liters, this product would be an ideal personal companion.
- Durable stainless steel build
- Tested for quality and safety
- Ice-guard keeps the dust and other particles off the water
- Welding on the ice guard may be of poor quality
9. Best With Extra Filter: Naples Naturals Model 109 Alkaline Water Filter Pitcher
Coming with an extra filter, this model increases the alkalinity of water to pH 9 that has a better taste than regular water. This pitcher comes with a digital countdown timer on the lid to remind the user of the filter change. The filter in this slim alkaline water pitcher can deliver up to 300 liters, making it fit for personal use.
- Produces delicious alkaline water
- Uses a six-stage filtration system
- Can remove fluoride from the water
- A film might develop on the containers of alkaline water filter
10. Best Ergonomic: Lake Industries – The Alkaline Water Pitcher
Lake Industries product has a 3.5-liter capacity and a design that is ergonomic and convenient to use. It includes a free filter for better value. The filter has a seven-stage filtration system that purifies and increases the water pH levels. The easy-pour alkaline water pitcher provides better-tasting water loaded with micro-clustered molecules that can improve hydration.
- Slim design allows easy fitting into any refrigerator
- Reservoir can be filled without removing the cover lid
- Eliminates the use of plastic bottles
- Lid timer may not last longer
11. Best Child-Safe: All Prime 2.5 Liter Alkaline Water Filter Pitcher
Ideally for personal use, this 2.5-liter alkaline water pitcher comes with two replacement cartridges. The packaging contains pH and alkalinity test strips to test the output of water. This long-lasting alkaline water pitcher can help remove heavy metals, such as lead and copper, while the far-infrared ceramic balls add 20 essential minerals to the water.
- BPA-free product
- Has a digital indicator for filter replacement
- Safe for children and babies
- Might not fulfill the water capacity need of a mid-size or large family
12. Best Easy-To-Handle: Wamery Alkaline Water Pitcher
Wamery’s pitcher is a 1.5-liter alkaline water pitcher that comes in a sleek and lightweight form that is easy to handle. It includes a free filter. The filter removes heavy metals, such as lead and copper, and contaminants, such as chlorine from the water. It increases the alkalinity of water that claims to be a natural solution for acid reflux and dehydration.
- Meets NSF ANSI 42 standards
- Removes up to 90%of chlorine
- Useful to optimize the body’s digestive system
- Water may not be tasty
13. Best For Remineralizing water: Plant Based Pros Alkaline Water Filter Pitcher – 2.5L
Healthy pure water ionizer pitcher comes with a 2.5-liter capacity that makes it a perfect fit for a refrigerator. It comes with two 60-day activated carbon filters. The filters contain six-stage purification and pH addition that makes the water taste better and also improves hydration. The pitcher is made of BPA-free and vegan materials.
- Has a timer to indicate filter changing needs
- Remineralizes the water with calcium, magnesium, potassium, and other minerals
- Reduces the size of the water molecule for easier absorption
- Spout cover may make water-pouring difficult
14. Best Simple Design: New Wave Enviro Alkaline Water Filter Pitcher
New Wave’s product raises the pH level of water to 8.5 or 9.5 by adding a blend of naturally ionized minerals. The filter cartridge can treat up to 64-gallon water, while the pitcher can hold up to 3.5-liter water. By removing contaminants and adding essential minerals, this alkaline-ionized water pitcher ensures the water is safe for consumption, tastes better, and improves the user’s overall health.
- Simple design to easily fit into any refrigerator
- Has a handle to carry the pitcher easily
- Claims improving the color of the water
- Digital clock in the filter might not last longer
15. Best Capacity: Seychelle pH2O Alkaline Water Filter Pitcher
The Seychelle pH2O Alkaline Water Filter Pitcher runs on the alkaline purification method for cleaning drinking water and helps maintain the body’s alkaline level. Its USA-made pH-enhancing filtration reduces micro clusters, enhancing hydration and toxin removal. This large-capacity alkaline water pitcher measures 11×5.5×10.5 inches and is easy to store on countertops and refrigerators.
- Has pH enhancement capacity of up to 9.5
- Promotes easy absorption of water in the body
- Improves body energy levels
- Helps neutralize the high acidity of drinks
- Filters may need frequent replacement
- Canister might be bulky
How To Choose The Right Alkaline Water Pitcher?
Here are some factors to keep in mind while buying an alkaline water pitcher.
- Filter quality: Check the type and quality of the filter you are buying. Ideally, it should infuse the water with alkaline minerals.
- BPA-free: Choosing a BPA-free alkaline water pitcher is paramount to keep up with your health.
- Built material: You can either pick plastic, stainless steel, or glass as long as the brand ensures the water within is safe to drink.
- Capacity: Pitchers come in varying capacities from 1.5-liter to 4-liter. Choose a capacity according to your requirement.
- Cartridge change reminder: The ‘cartridge change reminder’ feature would be handy to change the cartridge at the right time.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Sakshi John is our in-house product writer and reviewer who is passionate about finding the most useful kitchenware. Therefore, she ensures to pick the highest-rated and most suitable kitchen products considering the readers’ requirements. Here, she has compiled the best alkaline water pitchers that improve drinking water quality after scrutinizing several product features and customer reviews. Furthermore, she has discussed the advantages, common queries, and important points to note while choosing an alkaline water pitcher.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I drink alkaline water every day?
Yes, you can drink alkaline water every day unless you have an existing medical condition that doesn’t support alkaline water. In such cases, it is advisable to consult a certified doctor or medical expert before adding alkaline water to your daily routine. However, in general, when consumed regularly, alkaline water can improve overall health and also help treat certain gastrointestinal issues (5).
2. Can I drink alkaline water during pregnancy?
It is important to check with your doctor before you decide to drink alkaline water in pregnancy. While some experts say that pure alkaline water with a good balance of minerals supports the body during pregnancy, it may change from person to person.
3. How to maintain and clean the alkaline water distiller?
Here are the steps to maintain an alkaline water distiller:
• Handwash the pitcher lid and the filter reservoir with a mild detergent and water. Do not wash in the dishwasher.
• To clean the hard spots, you can dilute a teaspoon of vinegar in a cup of water and use a sponge to wipe clean.
• Do not overfill the reservoir.
• Replace the filters after consumption of 80-gallon water.
4. How long does an alkaline water pitcher last?
The pitcher is made of BPA-free plastic or stainless steel, making the container durable and long-lasting. The filter cartridge is designed for 300 liters, but the quality of water input can change the long-lasting ability of the pitcher.
An alkaline water pitcher helps remove lead, fluoride, chlorine, odor, and impurities in your drinking water and maintains an ideal pH level. And as alkaline water is known to help treat acid reflux, prevent osteoporosis, and improve bone mineral density, it is crucial you bring home an expert-approved or certified alkaline water pitcher. When choosing one, ensure it is easy to assemble and clean and is made of safe material. Further, pick one one that has a multi-stage filtration system and cartridge-change reminder so that you drink the purest water every single time.
Infographic: Reasons Why One Should Use Alkaline Water Pitcher
One can drink tap water directly or after boiling, depending on where they live and the water source. But if you’re curious about using an alkaline water pitcher, the infographic below explains why many individuals prefer to buy one for their home. Knowing these benefits will surely help you make an informed decision.
- Jamie A Koufman and Nikki Johnston; Potential benefits of pH 8.8 alkaline drinking water as an adjunct in the treatment of reflux disease; NIH NCBI
- Haider Abdul-Lateef Mousa;Health Effects of Alkaline Diet and Water Reduction of Digestive-tract Bacterial Load and Earthing; NIH NCBI
- M. Koseki et al.;Effect of pH on the Taste of Alkaline Electrolyzed Water; Wiley Online Library
- Juliana R Chaves et al.;(2020); Effects of alkaline water intake on gastritis and miRNA expression
- Daily ingestion of alkaline electrolyzed water