An alkaline water pitcher is a kitchen equipment that enhances the pH level of water for a healthy body and mind. The alkaline water pitcher helps decrease the Oxygen Reduction Potential (ORP) and makes antioxidant alkaline water taste fresh and clean. It is also known for its ability to support the immune system and aid in weight loss. Here, we have listed some of the best alkaline water pitchers to buy a suitable one.
Top Products From Our List
Benefits Of Using Alkaline Water Pitcher
- Treats acid reflux: Alkaline water may help deactivate pepsin, the acid-reflux causing enzyme (1).
- May prevent osteoporosis: Consumption of alkaline water may prevent osteoporosis and protects pancreatic beta cells with its antioxidant effects (2).
- Helps improve bone mineral density: Consumption of abundant alkaline-forming foods can improve bone mineral density (BMD) (3).
- Tastes better: The taste of AEW(Alkaline Electrolyzed Water) of 9.5 pH was considered better than unelectrolyzed water.
15 Best Alkaline Water Pitchers
ZeroWater alkaline water pitcher comes with a water quality meter. It is a 23-cup water filter pitcher with a slim tank and no-drip spigot. You can use it for office and home as it looks decent and attractive. The equipment undergoes a five-stage filtration to provide better-tasting water. It helps remove chromium and lead.
- Has certified lead reduction
- Suits a mid-sized family
- Might not be sufficient for a family of more than six to seven members
The seven-cup clear blue water filtration system helps reduce contaminants effectively. Its filter PPF900Z is certified to reduce 2X more contaminants than the other models in the market. The model works on innovative technology to provide superior, tastier water.
- Traps small dust particles
- Provides up to 40 gallons of filtered water
- LockFit top cap design for secure filter fit
- Does not have an LED to indicate filter changing needs
Waterdrop Chubby pitcher is an NSF-certified product and has one filter. It can produce over 200-gallon water. The product can give you clean water by removing lead, fluoride, and chlorine. It is BPA-free equipment.
- Has a filter life indicator
- NSF-42 certified
- Replacement filters are easily available for this model
- Might not show an improvement on TDS reading
The ten-cup large purifier with an electronic filter indicator is BPA-free certified. Its five-layer filtration technology can remove the toughest of the chemicals, including fluoride, alkaline, chlorine, lead, and heavy metals. The equipment comes with a two-year warranty period that you can trust and use for a longer duration. It does not produce any odor and gives you clean water.
- Easy assembly and cleaning
- Doesn’t occupy space
- Electronic indicator updates you about the remaining filter life
- Pitcher refills quickly
- Filter indicator light might not work for many days
Giving you a decent medium-sized capacity of 3.5-liter, this water pitcher is known to improve pH and provide you a better water taste. The equipment has two filters to clean the water at its best. The product is BPA-free and works on a seven-stage filtration system. It gives you clean, hygienic water.
- Helps remove harmful metals and impurities
- Timer measures the expectancy of the filter
- Removes peculiar odors from the water
- Built quality may not be up to the mark
With a complimentary filter, this pitcher features a 3.5-liter capacity. Claiming to remove lead, chlorine, and a host of other impurities from water, this pitcher claims to enhance water pH to 8.5 or 9.5. Furthermore, the company also came up with an advanced model in 2019 named DN-KW-WP01.
- Utilizes seven-stage cartridge
- Slim in design to fit in the refrigerator
- Has an easy-pour spout
- May not remove fluoride
pH Restore pitcher provides high pH water that is claimed to have many health benefits. This product comes from Invigorated Water Store, which has made it their mission to make clean alkaline water accessible for all. Made from high-quality materials, the PH001 filter in the pitcher claims to remove free radicals from the water. The capacity of the pitcher is 3.5-liter.
- Breaks down water molecules for easy absorption
- Creates high antioxidant water to neutralize the free radicals
- Remineralizes the water by adding iron, zinc, and calcium
- Lid of the filter may not fit properly
From the house of Invigorated Water, this product provides safe, high pH filtered water for drinking. It comes with a long-life filter. Made of stainless steel, it is easy to maintain and clean. With a capacity of 1.9-liter, this product would be an ideal personal companion.
- Durable stainless steel build
- Utilizes a multi-stage filtration system
- Ice-guard keeps the dust and other particles off the water
- Welding on the ice guard may be of poor quality
Coming with an extra filter, this model increases the alkalinity of water to pH 9 that has a better taste than regular water. This pitcher comes with a digital countdown timer on the lid to remind the user of the filter change. The filter in the pitcher can deliver up to 300 liters, making it fit for personal use.
- Produces delicious alkaline water
- Uses a six-stage filtration system
- Can remove fluoride from the water
- A film might develop on the containers of alkaline water filter
Lake Industries product has a 3.5-liter capacity and a design that is ergonomic and convenient to use. It includes a free filter for better value. The filter has a seven-stage filtration system that purifies and increases the water pH levels. The pitcher provides better-tasting water loaded with micro-clustered molecules that can improve hydration.
- Slim design allows easy fitting into any refrigerator
- Reservoir can be filled without removing the cover lid
- Eliminates the use of plastic bottles
- Lid timer may not last longer
Ideally for personal use, this 2.5-liter alkaline water filter pitcher comes with two replacement cartridges. To test the working, the package contains pH and alkalinity test strips to test the output water. The filter can help remove heavy metals, such as lead and copper, while the far-infrared ceramic balls add 20 essential minerals to the water.
- BPA-free product
- Has a digital indicator for filter replacement
- Safe for children and babies
- Might not fulfill the water capacity need of a mid-size or large family
Wamery’s pitcher is a 1.5-liter alkaline water pitcher that comes in a sleek and lightweight form that is easy to handle. It includes a free filter. The filter removes heavy metals, such as lead and copper, and contaminants, such as chlorine from the water. It increases the alkalinity of water that claims to be a natural solution for acid reflux and dehydration.
- Meets NSF ANSI 42 standards
- Removes up to 90%of chlorine
- Useful to optimize the body’s digestive system
- Water may not be tasty
Healthy pure water ionizer comes with a 2.5-liter capacity that makes it a perfect fit for a refrigerator. It comes with two 60-day activated carbon filters. The filters contain six-stage purification and pH addition that makes the water taste better and also improves hydration. The pitcher is made of BPA-free and vegan materials.
- Has a timer to indicate filter changing needs
- Remineralizes the water with calcium, magnesium, potassium, and other minerals
- Reduces the size of the water molecule for easier absorption
- Spout cover may make water-pouring difficult
New Wave’s product raises the pH level of water to 8.5 or 9.5 by adding a blend of naturally ionized minerals. The filter cartridge can treat up to 64-gallon water, while the pitcher can hold up to 3.5-liter water. By removing contaminants and adding essential minerals, the product makes sure that the water is safe for consumption, tastes better, and improves the user’s overall health.
- Simple design to easily fit into any refrigerator
- Has a handle to carry the pitcher easily
- Claims improving the color of the water
- Digital clock in the filter might not last longer
Abosta’s pitcher can hold up to 3.8-liter clean, mineralized alkaline water. The filter removes harmful chemicals and adds essential minerals while increasing the alkalinity of the water to 9.5 pH. The filter cartridge is designed to treat 300-liter water. Additionally, the water pitcher comes with a cartridge change reminder to change the cartridge as per the situation.
- Has an activated carbon cartridge
- Faster and effective hydration
- Water pitchers are made up of food-grade AS and ABS materials
- Replacement filter may not be available easily
How To Choose The Right Alkaline Water Pitcher?
Here are some factors to keep in mind while buying an alkaline water pitcher.
- Filter quality: Check the type and quality of the filter you are buying. Ideally, it should infuse the water with alkaline minerals.
- BPA-free: Choosing a BPA-free pitcher is paramount to keep up with your health.
- Built material: You can either pick plastic, stainless steel, or glass as long as the brand ensures the water within is safe to drink.
- Capacity: Pitchers come in varying capacities from 1.5-liter to 4-liter. Choose a capacity according to your requirement.
- Cartridge change reminder: The ‘cartridge change reminder’ feature would be handy to change the cartridge at the right time.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I drink alkaline water during pregnancy?
It is important to check with your doctor before you decide to drink alkaline water in pregnancy. While some experts say that pure alkaline water with a good balance of minerals supports the body during pregnancy, it may change from person to person.
2. How to maintain and clean the alkaline water distiller?
- Handwash the pitcher lid and the filter reservoir with a mild detergent and water. Do not wash in the dishwasher.
- To clean the hard spots, you can dilute a teaspoon of vinegar in a cup of water and use a sponge to wipe clean.
- Do not overfill the reservoir.
- Replace the filters after consumption of 80-gallon water. .
3. How long does an alkaline water pitcher last?
The pitcher is made of BPA-free plastic or stainless steel, making the container durable and long-lasting. The filter cartridge is designed for 300 liters, but the quality of water input can change the long-lasting ability of the pitcher.
An alkaline water pitcher is helpful to maintain the pH balance. The beneficial minerals from the water, such as calcium, and magnesium can give you better nutritional values. If you are looking to revolutionize the taste of your water, trying one of these best alkaline water pitchers may satiate your need.
2. Haider Abdul-Lateef Mousa;Health Effects of Alkaline Diet and Water, Reduction of Digestive-tract Bacterial Load, and Earthing; NIH NCBI
3. M. Koseki et al.;Effect of pH on the Taste of Alkaline Electrolyzed Water; Wiley Online Library