A relaxing massage can help your baby sleep better (1), stimulate blood circulation, and promote good health. Choose from our list of the best almond oils for baby massage to add to your child’s skin care regimen. Almond oil can deliver various benefits, such as smooth and rejuvenated skin (2). This organic and lightweight formula can also nourish and moisturize your baby’s delicate skin.
Mild yet rich with antioxidant properties, almond oil is quite popular among parents. Check out our list to choose some tried-and-tested products trusted by moms and dads.
11 Best Almond Oils For Baby Massage
1. Best Vegan: Handcraft Blends Sweet Almond Oil
The mom-approved Handcraft Blends sweet almond oil helps keep your baby’s skin soft while gently buffing away dryness and flakiness. Free of preservatives, this premium-quality carrier oil can be a base for mixing other essential oils. It helps combat eczema, psoriasis, and skin inflammation that may plague you or the baby’s sensitive skin.
- 100% vegan
- Chemical- and fragrance-free
- Not tested on animals
- May be too light
2. Best All-Natural Blend: Ancient Greek Remedy Oil
With an all-natural oil blend, the Ancient Greek Remedy oil for massage contains high-quality oils from the Mediterranean. Your baby will love the soothing lavender scent and the gentle care of this skin-nourishing almond oil. It balances the power of natural ingredients such as almond oil, cold-pressed, extra virgin olive oil, grapeseed oil, vitamin E, and lavender oil for all-around care. This soothing baby massage oil helps provide smooth, irritation-free skin and hydrated hair. Watch this honest review video to know about a reviewer’s experience with using the product.
- Paraben- and silicone-free
- No artificial fragrances
- May not be ideal for winters
3. Best Quick-Absorbing: Johnson’s Baby Almond Oil
Johnson’s Baby almond oil for massage delivers gentle moisture to your baby’s skin and is safe. It provides a smooth, nourishing treatment combining virgin almond oil with mineral oil. The skin is left supple and soft with up to ten times more nourishment and rejuvenation. This paraben-free oil helps combat the baby’s sensitive and dry skin.
- Gentle and mild scent
- May take longer to dry than regular almond oil
Handcraft Blends Sweet Almond Oil
Ancient Greek Remedy Oil
Best All-Natural Blend
Johnson’s Baby Almond Oil
|Dimensions||2.5 x 2.5 x 8 inches||1.97 x 1.97 x 5.91 inches||2.06 x 3.04 x 7.02 inches|
|Weight||1 Pounds||6 Ounces||13.44 Ounces|
4. Best Carrier Oil: Seven Minerals Sweet Almond Oil
The sweet almond oil is an all-in-one natural solution for your baby’s skin and hair. Made from high-quality, cold-pressed almond oil, it helps combat dry skin and works as a baby hair care almond oil. It can be a good carrier oil, providing a relaxing massage for your child. This video from a reviewer will give you better insights into this natural almond oil.
- Rich in vitamins and minerals
- Unrefined and undiluted
- Non-GMO and vegan
- May not have the sweet almond scent
5. Best Cruelty-Free: Sky Organics Organic Sweet Almond Oil
Trusted by many, the Sky Organics sweet almond oil’s 100% cold-pressed formula preps the skin with its non-greasy texture and melts into the skin quickly. A deeply moisturizing almond oil, it gently pampers your child’s skin and hair, softening any dry areas. The oil feels silky smooth against the skin and steers away from harmful chemicals, additives, or fragrances. Watch this video for a thorough understanding of this organic almond oil.
- Climate Pledge-friendly
- USDA-certified organic
- Works as carrier almond oil
- Not tested on animals
- May be thick on wet skin
6. Best USDA-Certified Organic: Pura D’or Organic Sweet Almond Oil
With high-quality ingredients and gentle moisture, the Pura D’or organic sweet almond oil can be a treat for your baby’s sensitive skin. Including nutrients, such as vitamins A, B, D, and E, this baby-friendly oil can lock in deep moisture and ward off any damaging toxins. It works great as a hydrating almond oil as it keeps the baby’s skin moisturized without leaving any sticky residue behind. You can use this versatile oil for a DIY facial polish or a bubble bath to counter dark spots, puffiness, and uneven skin tone.
- USDA-certified organic
- Works as a carrier oil
- Climate Pledge-friendly
- May not be quick absorbing
7. Best Hypoallergenic: Premium Nature Sweet Almond Oil
Suitable for your baby’s delicate skin, the Premium Nature sweet almond oil is a lightweight, odorless formula packed with nutrients and minerals to help eliminate skin woes. It includes vitamins A, B, E, D, zinc, omega fatty acids, and lipids. This mommy-approved massage oil has a mild scent and can refresh, nourish, and protect your child from within.
- Helps repair damage
- Ideal for regular massages
- Hexane- and BPA-free
- May be a bit runny
8. Best For Deep Sleep: Blue Nectar Ayurvedic Baby Massage Oil
Designed to improve your child’s growth, health, and vitality, the Blue Nectar ayurvedic baby massage oil contains organic cow ghee to boost circulation and strength. It includes herbs, including shankhpushpi oil, olive oil, coconut oil, and almond oil, to help keep the baby in sound health and ward off gas, constipation, dry skin, and colic. This dermatologically tested oil can help strengthen your baby’s muscles and joints while promoting flexibility.
- Helps induce deep sleep
- Free of preservatives
- No mineral oil
- Free of harmful chemicals
- May generate excess heat
9. Best UV Protection: Mother Nature Organics Cold-Pressed Sweet Almond Oil
Rich in essential antioxidants and fatty acids, the Mother Nature Organics cold-pressed, sweet almond oil has a high concentration of vitamin E to help your child’s sensitive skin hold moisture and keep the face clear of inflammatory conditions. At the same time, it also works as a nutritive almond oil for hair growth and repairs your baby’s delicate hair shaft. This gentle massage oil can keep the skin cells healthy while protecting them from UV damage.
- Pure and natural ingredients
- Additives- and hexane-free
- Chemical- and synthetics-free
- May have an unpleasant smell
10. Best For Sensitive Skin: Makari Baby Oil
Enriched with the goodness of vitamins C and E, the Makari baby oil is deeply calming, safe for sensitivity, and glides on the child’s tender skin smoothly. It can help alleviate any discomfort from redness and rashes for a skin-friendly experience. This soothing almond oil provides long-lasting relaxation and pampers the child with its healing and naturally uplifting formula.
- Free of parabens and other harmful chemicals
- Dermatologically approved
- No bleach
- May have a strong smell
11. Best Expeller-Pressed: Better Shea Butter Almond Oil
Unrefined and pure, this nutrient-rich organic almond oil strengthens the baby’s sensitive skin and delivers a rich supply of vitamin E, proteins, zinc, potassium, iron, and fatty acids. It offers deep massage and all the essential nutritive essence to your growing baby. It can work as baby hair oil owing to its rich formula and makes an ideal almond oil for skincare.
- Certified vegan
- USDA-certified organic
- Helps enhance collagen production
- May not smell appealing
Disclaimer: The information given in this section has been taken from manufacturers’ sources. MomJunction is not responsible for any of the claims made here. We recommend readers’ discretion.
How To Choose The Right Almond Oils For Baby Massage?
Here are a few points you need to consider before buying almond oils for baby massage.
- Purity: Ensure the almond oil is free of harmful chemicals, synthetics, and additives before purchasing. It should be free of irritants and artificial fragrances to prevent skin rashes and allergic reactions.
- Cold-pressed: Choose cold-pressed formulas as they are sourced from high-quality ingredients using the right extraction method to preserve their natural state. These formulas are rich in health-boosting nutrients and minerals and provide a host of benefits to the skin. Organic formulas are also gentle on the skin and absorb seamlessly with every massage.
- Viscosity: Select a lightweight and non-greasy formula for a gentle experience. Heavy and sticky oils can cause unease and sit on the baby’s skin without sinking in. Lightweight oils can hydrate and melt into the skin, providing deep nourishment.
- Moisturizing: Ensure the oil can moisturize well and seal it in for long-lasting softness.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Vibha Navarathna is an adept baby product reviewer and writer who offers the most suitable products for your convenience. For this post, Vibha has studied and examined several user reviews and recommendations to find the best almond oils for your baby. She has also mentioned each product’s pros and cons with a comprehensive how-to-choose segment to assist you in making the right choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is almond oil good for massaging a baby?
Yes, it is enriched with vitamin E and prevents the skin from dryness. In addition, massaging almond oil on preterm infants helps improve skin hydration (3).
Gopa Bezboruah, an experienced parenting blogger, says, “Almond oil is suitable for all skin types. However, do not forget to read the ingredients list before buying one as some may contain ingredients that are not suitable for the child. Also, remember to do a patch test before using it for the long term.”
2. Does almond oil darken a baby’s skin?
No, almond oil has emollients that help enhance complexion and skin tone (2). It makes the skin smooth and rejuvenated. However, one can not change the complexion as it is genetic.
3. Can I use almond oil on my newborn?
Yes, you can safely use baby-friendly almond oil on newborns as it is beneficial for the infant’s skin and keeps the skin smooth. In preterms, it helps keep the skin hydrated (3).
4. How should I use almond oil on my baby?
Gently massage almond oil in a circular motion on the baby’s scalp to prevent scalp dryness. Rub a small amount of almond oil between the palms and massage your baby’s body using different massage techniques for maximum benefits.
Massaging a baby’s body with antioxidant-rich almond oil comes with potential benefits, like improved blood circulation and moisturized skin, promoting good health and making it a much-needed addition to their skincare routine. Therefore, while investing in the best almond oils for baby massage, make sure they do not contain chemicals or preservatives. Moreover, choosing one that is safe and effective and does not have a strong odor may also help. Besides, you might want to check if the oil is hypoallergenic, non-sticky, and suits your baby’s skin requirements. Further, you may also consult a baby massage specialist for the right guidance regarding the massage oils.
Infographic: What Are The Advantages Of Almond Oil For Baby Massage?
An infant’s skin is delicate and needs special attention. Moreover, massaging your baby with almond oil can make their skin healthy. Read the following infographic to learn more about how almond oil can be a boon for the skin.
- Baby massage: tips and benefits
- Zeeshan Ahmad; (2010); The uses and properties of almond oil
- Seda Caglar et al.; (2020); The Effect of Sunflower Seed and Almond Oil on Preterm Infant Skin: A Randomized Controlled Trial
- The Power of Touch: Benefits of Infant Massage for Infants and Their Parents.
- Best Oils For Body Massage
- Best Organic Baby Bath Products
- Best Aveeno Products For Your Baby
- Best Baby Lotions