If you are an on-the-go parent, we have created a list of the best diaper bags to help you stay prepared. When traveling with your baby, you need to carry their essentials to ensure your child’s comfort. Thus, you need spacious and dad- and mom-approved diaper bags with multiple compartments to carry diapers, baby wipes, feeding bottles, toys, and more. You can also store your keys, wallets, phones, and more for convenience and portability. These bags have various features and are available in different styles and colors to suit your preferences. So, take a look at some tried-and-tested options and pick the right diaper bag.
15 Best Diaper Bags To Buy In 2024
1. Best Storage: Ruvalino Diaper Backpack
The Ruvalino Diaper Bag Backpack is a multifunctional travel backpack designed to store all your child’s essentials when traveling with family. The mommy-approved maternity baby bag is available in different colors and is made of polyester, making it waterproof and stylish. It has a dimension of 11.8×7.8×16.5 inches and weighs up to 1.78 lb. This baby gear bag has two big zipper-closure compartments and insulated pockets for bottles.
- 16 pockets for ample storage
- Compact and great for organizing
- Convenient and ergonomic design
- Versatile and convertible
- Multifunctional diaper bag
- Durable and long-lasting
- May be heavy for the stroller; it needs manual carry
- Rear zipper may not unzip all the way
2. Best Durable: Ju-Ju-Be Convertible Bag
Here’s a bag by Ju-Ju-Be that is designed with two shoulder straps and a removable messenger strap, making it one of the best convertible diaper bags. The diaper organizer is made of machine-washable Teflon fabric, and the inner lining of the pockets is given special treatment to prevent the accumulation of odor-causing bacteria and mold.
- Non-absorbent outer fabric keeps the bag dry and undamaged
- Has seven pockets: four open and three zipped
- A wide bag opening for easy access to items
- Flat bottom ensures better organizing of items
- Might seem tiny
- Might attract dirt
3. Best Easy To Carry: Bag Nation Diaper Bag Backpack
This diaper-changing bag by the trusted brand Bag Nation is designed with two shoulder straps and has 14 main pockets and two exterior pockets on the side for holding a feeding bottle and baby wipes. The black color scheme of the bag gives it a universal appeal, thus making it one of the best diaper bags for dads. Here’s a product testing video by a reviewer demonstrating how easy it is to use this product every day.
- Zippered exterior pockets allow hassle-free access to a pack of wipes
- Includes insulated bottle holder pockets to keep milk warm
- Water-resistant outer polyester material allows easy cleaning
- Free diaper changing mat for a comfortable diaper change
- Includes a small pouch to save cash or cards
- Contains an extendable, external key chain for quick access to keys
- Stroller straps allow you to hang the backpack to the stroller conveniently
- Zipper may not be durable
- Zipper allows opening the bag only at an angle
"This backpack has been serving my heavy-duty needs well for a few years, and its spaciousness is commendable. Although a few dividers would have been helpful, the unique features like the blue lining that aids visibility and stroller straps added to its charm and made it a worthy purchase."
Ruvalino Diaper Backpack
Ju-Ju-Be Convertible Bag
Bag Nation Diaper Bag Backpack
Best Easy To Carry
|7.9 x 11.8 x 16.5 inches
|7.9 x 11.8 x 16.5 inches
|6.69 x 5.51 x 2.95 inches
4. Best For Organization: Moskka Diaper Bag Backpack
Moskka backpack-style diaper bag with 12 pockets includes a zipped pouch on the side for holding your phone and comes with separated pockets within the bag, allowing for efficient organization and easy access to items. The color scheme is gender-neutral, making this baby essentials bag one of the best unisex diaper bags.
- Grab handles and pegs at the base allow the bag to stand on a flat surface
- Top zipper opens end to end, allowing a wide opening for easy access
- Stroller straps of the bag let you hang it comfortably to a stroller
- Includes a diaper-changing pad
- Zipper might not be durable
- May not hold much weight
5. Best For Twin Babies: Skip Hop Duo Double Signature Diaper Bag
The double signature diaper bag by Skip Hop is large and wide enough for storing several diaper packs, making it a go-to bag for parents with twin babies. It offers two carrying choices, including a messenger strap and two handles. You can also attach the bag to a side-by-side stroller. This video gives you more information about the bag.
- Includes 16 pockets, including two side pockets to hold a feeding bottle or sippy cup
- Convenient pocket for holding pens and mobile phones
- Interior storage compartments feature a contrasting lining
- D-ring on the outside to attach a baby’s toy
- Easy to clean material that is free of phthalates
- Might be a tad big
- May attract dirt
6. Best Water-Resistant: SoHo Grand Central Station Diaper Bag
The SoHo Grand Central Station Diaper Bag is a complete travel set with seven pieces, comprising the diaper bag, changing pad, accessories bag, personal purse, organizer, stroller straps, and insulated bottle bag. It is stain-resistant and cleans up easily, supporting machine washing. With reinforced seams and hardware, the bag remains durable after repeated use. You can mix and match its carry pieces for your trips and outings to store baby supplies.
- Made of multi-layered fabric
- Waterproof material
- Chemical-free parts
- Easy-access design
- May have a lingering smell
- Color may vary
7. Best Convertible: Allcamp Zebra Diaper Bag
The Allcamp zebra diaper bag is made from a blend of nylon fiber and PU. This two-in-one bag can easily convert from a cross-body messenger or an over-the-shoulder tote to a backpack diaper bag, making it suitable for everyone in the family. The multi-functional diaper tote features four gusseted pockets, three zippered pockets, three insulated bottle-holding pockets, one mommy pocket, one external pocket to ensure easy access to wipes, and an additional large open space inside the bag for other essentials.
- Waterproof fabric
- Comes with the changing pad and the stroller straps
- Backpack straps might be a little difficult to adjust
- Straps may not be entirely padded
"My initial reluctance subsided when I observed this bag's spaciousness. It is ideal for packing for my two kids, and the outer pockets with easy access are super beneficial. While the lack of stroller straps was slightly disappointing, it was outshone by the bag's overall durability over years of use. Moreover, the ability to have a good view of the bottom, its waterproof quality, and the three thermal pockets were a pleasant surprise."
8. Best With Stroller Straps: Miss Fong Diaper Bag Backpack
The external PU leather and the internal waterproof nylon layering help keep this diaper bag by Miss Fong from getting soiled by dirty diapers. This multifunctional, insulated diaper bag, trusted by moms and dads, features seven outer and eight inner pockets to hold all your essentials in an organized manner. Thanks to its detachable and adjustable shoulder straps, the Miss Fong bag can easily be attached to strollers. In addition, you can also convert this diaper bag into a luggage sleeve or baby recliner by unzipping a few pockets.
- Has a waterproof changing pad
- Adjustable backpack straps
- Two insulated compartments
- Fixed keychain attachment
- Available in a variety of colors
- Might need slight support to stay upright
- Might have a peculiar smell at first
9. Best With Insulated Pockets: Hap Tim Diaper Bag Backpack
The Hap Tim diaper bag with 18 pockets is lightweight and made of high-quality nylon fabric. It has wide, padded shoulder straps that offer a comfortable carry and are sturdy enough to hang onto the bars of the stroller. In addition, the diaper shoulder bag also has insulated pockets to maintain the temperature of the milk bottles and other items.
- Airy meshed back
- Waterproof material
- Easy to clean
- Available in multiple colors and prints
- Material may be slightly thin
- Might need some support to stay upright
10. Best With USB Charging Port: Lovevook Diaper Bag Backpack
Keep all your essentials organized with this large diaper bag by the trusted brand Lovevook. It sports 18 multi-purpose pockets, two insulated pockets, a waterproof, multifunctional changing pad, and a removable pacifier holder. This versatile, large-capacity diaper bag also features a USB charging port, an anti-theft back pocket, and a waterproof pocket. Besides, its stroller buckle helps you securely attach the bag to your stroller.
- Dual zippers
- Unisex design
- Lightweight and durable
- Has two external side pockets
- Reinforced handle
- Adjustable shoulder strap
- Can hold a 15.6-inch laptop
- Some might find the zippers flimsy
- Material may have a coarse exterior
11. Best Lightweight: Hafmall Diaper Bag Backpack
Wide compartments, high-quality material, and thin, light-colored zipper linings make this bag by Hafmall fun and functional. The lightweight and waterproof diaper bag has over seventeen pockets, including a few insulated compartments to organize your large and small baby products. You can also carry this bag, a trusted choice among parents, in multiple ways as it has an easy-to-grab handle, comfortable shoulder straps, and stroller hooks.
- Wear- and tear-resistant polyester
- Waterproof fabric
- Smooth and strong zippers
- Two insulated pockets
- Dry and wet split pockets
- Exterior pocket to store personal items
- Large bottles may not fit in the bottle pockets
- Might not have a sturdy structure
12. Best With Removable Stroller Strap: Vera Bradley Cotton Ultimate Baby Diaper Bag
Vera Bradley brings you this dad- and mom-approved baby diaper bag with multiple different-sized pockets. The six elastic-top pockets, a hidden pocket at the zipper collar, two large front slip pockets, two insulated side pockets, and a large magnetic slip pocket on the back can hold all your baby’s essentials. This lightweight bag made from recycled cotton fibers also features a removable stroller strap for convenience.
- Quilted pattern
- Printed polyester lining
- Bright colors
- Handle may not be durable
- Some might find it smaller than expected
13. Best With Rubber Feet: Itzy Ritzy Mini Diaper Bag Backpack
Grab this mini diaper bag with eight pockets to organize your baby’s essentials for a quick outing. This cute and stylish diaper bag features rubber feet to help keep the backpack tidy and upright. Additionally, its changing pad is made of vegan leather material and features a zippered pocket to store baby wipes and diapers, making it a convenient and trusted choice of parents.
- Built-in handle
- Adjustable and comfortable straps
- Durable material
- Available in different colors
- Larger bottles may not fit in the bottle compartment
- Some might find the straps uncomfortable
14. Best Luxury: Coach Large Diaper Travel Bag
The premium designer canvas bag by Coach features a spacious compartment that allows you to store several diaper packs. This diaper carryall comes with a zippered compartment for holding smaller personal items such as a phone or pack of wipes. The designer diaper bag also includes a side pouch to hold a sippy cup or feeding bottle.
- An inner sleeve at the top for storing small items
- Metal hooks and loops add to the premium appeal of the bag
- Appeals like a true luxury diaper bag
- Ideal for use when traveling
- Zippers may not be durable
- Straps are slightly thin
15. Best Versatile: Parker Baby Diaper Backpack
This diaper bag by Parker features multiple storage compartments with a total of ten pockets. It includes a single zipper that closes the bag with a large flap covering the entire top portion of the bag. The nappy bag also features two external side pockets, one of which is insulated to hold the baby’s feeding bottle.
- Has a keyring and laptop sleeve
- Includes stroller straps
- Diaper changing pad for changing the pads on the go
- Made of durable waterproof canvas
- Poor seams
- May attract stains easily
"I found the diaper bag to be just the right size, not too heavy, and stylish enough for both me and my partner to carry. The white and grey design is adorable, though the white tends to get dirty quickly, making cleaning a bit challenging. Despite this, it offers ample space, which I love."
How To Choose The Right Diaper Bag?
The basic purpose of a diaper bag may be the same, but each parent’s needs are unique and warrant a unique diaper bag. Read on to know what you should consider when buying a diaper bag.
- Spacious: Not all babies need the same number of diapers for a specific period. Some may need more, and others need a few. So, pick a bag with plenty of space to hold the number of diaper packs required by your baby.
- Not heavy when empty: The bag should be strong enough to carry everything you need, but not bulky. Check the weight of the bag while you are still shopping for it and see if you will be comfortable taking it around.
- Easy to carry:The straps and handles should make it convenient to carry the bag even with a full load. If you prefer hauling bags on your shoulder, then backpack-style diaper bags with comfortable straps will be ideal for you.
[ Read : Babyhug Vogue Denim Diaper Bag Review ]
- Hard base with feet: If you are traveling alone with the baby, get a travel diaper bag with a firm base and sturdy pegs that allow it to stand on its own. This keeps the bag clean and prevents the contents from spilling out.
- Pockets:Pick a bag that has plenty of pockets to store additional items like talcum powder or diaper rash cream.
- Isolated slots: A separate slot is necessary to hold the feeding bottle away from the compartments containing the diapers. Additional slots to keep the diaper wipes and a slot where you can store only the waste will be great too.
- Easy to clean: Accidental spills of food and milk are possible, so select a bag that is easy to clean.
- Preferably waterproof: You do not want the diapers to get all soggy if you are caught in the rain! So select a bag made of waterproof material, so that the contents of the bag remain dry even during snow or rain.
- Dad-friendly: Yes, dads can change diapers too! But they do not want to be seen around sporting a diaper bag with a light floral print. If you plan to split the diaper changing responsibility with your partner, then pick a unisex diaper bag that is appealing to both of you.
[ Read : Babyhug Baseball Diaper Bag with Changing Mat Review ]
Tips For Using Diaper Bags
The following tips can help you make the most of your diaper bag:
- Pack as per the baby’s needs: Pack only the essentials, avoid overstuffing the bag just to fill the slots.
- Store smaller items in one box: Place smaller items like pacifiers within a larger box and then store them inside the bag for better organization.
- Have separate storage compartments for waste: Pick one zippered slot within the bag and use it to store used napkins and soiled diapers in a plastic bag. Do not then use it for any other purpose.
- Use outside pockets for quick access items: Use the outer pocket to store keys, mobile phone, credit cards, and other items that you will need to access easily.
[ Read : Babyhug Duet Diaper Bag Review ]
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I need a diaper bag?
Diaper bags are necessary to carry all your baby’s essentials. Unlike regular bags, diaper bags come with extra slots to accommodate feeding bottles, diaper changing mats, and insulated pockets, making them more convenient for travel purposes.
2. How long can I use a diaper bag?
A good quality diaper bag may last you more than two years depending on how frequently you use it. You might need a diaper for the first two to three years for your baby. Once your toddler is fully potty trained, you may not need one.
3. Is a diaper bag worth it?
Yes, a diaper bag is worth investing in for the convenience it offers when you are on the go with your baby or toddler.
4. Can I use a regular bag as a diaper bag?
Yes, you may use a regular bag as a diaper bag but it may be difficult to access or store baby essentials. Regular bags may not come with insulated pockets, tissue pockets, changing mats, and wet cloth pockets.
5. What should I carry in a diaper bag?
You must carry all your baby essentials like baby food, formula containers, extra feeding bottles, diapers, extra pairs of clothes, changing mat, wet wipes, tissues, trash bags, pacifiers, water bottles, and some of your essential items like phone, wallet, keys, and more, depending on your little one’s age and needs.
Why Trust MomJunction?
We have compiled this list of the best diaper bags after evaluating various products available on different e-commerce platforms and considering user reviews and ratings. We have specifically chosen diaper bags that are lightweight, durable, and have additional pockets for easy storage. The list offers detailed descriptions and features of each product to help you make an informed decision. Furthermore, we have also added a buying guide to help you pick the right product.
Investing in the best diaper bags can make travel with your baby much easier by letting you tend to your little one’s needs promptly. They are spacious enough with multiple storage compartments to help you carry your baby’s essentials and stay organized while you are on the go. When choosing such a bag, ensure it is water-resistant, lightweight, and durably built. Moreover, to make an informed decision while buying one, look for a bag with quality zippers, insulated pockets, and lightweight to prevent any discomfort while carrying it around. Further, you can also pick a tried-and-tested one that is stylish and comes in your favorite colors.
Infographic: What Are The Various Kinds Of Diaper Bags?
Diaper bags are essential companions for parents on the go, offering convenience and organization for all the baby essentials. Here’s an infographic that will help you explore the various styles of diaper bags and their unique features. Take a look at it to assist you in selecting the one that best suits your needs.
- Best Leather Diaper Bags
- Best Diapers For Chunky Babies
- Best Diapers For Toddlers
- Best Baby Diaper Brands