If you are an on-the-go parent, we have created a list of the best diaper bags to help you stay prepared. When traveling with your baby, you need to carry their essentials to ensure your child’s comfort. Thus, you need spacious diaper bags with multiple compartments to carry diapers, baby wipes, feeding bottles, toys, and more. You can also store your keys, wallets, phones, and more for convenience and portability. These bags have various features and are available in different styles and colors to suit your preferences. So, take a look at the options listed below to find the right diaper bag.
Our Top Picks
15 Best Diaper Bags
1. Best For Storage Space: Skip Hop Duo Signature Diaper Bag
- Easy to carry, thanks to a strap and two grab handles.
- Features two mesh pockets on the side to store smaller items for quick access. Contains a total of eleven pockets: seven outside and four inside.
- Exclusive pocket on the outside to store the baby’s bottle separately.
- Patented shuttle clips by the side of the bag allow you to hang the bag to the handles of a stroller, thus making it one of the best diaper bags for travel.
- The contrasting inner lining color makes it easier to find items quickly.
- Comes with a D-ring to strap a pacifier or a toy. Also has a provision to hold a tablet, phone, and laptop.
- BPA and phthalate free. Vegan leather options in specific variants. Here’s a video that will help you select the right diaper bag for your needs.
2. Best Durable: Ju-Ju-Be Convertible Bag
Here’s a bag by Ju-Ju-Be that is designed with two shoulder straps and a removable messenger strap, making it one of the best convertible diaper bags. The bag is made with machine-washable Teflon fabric, and the inner lining of the pockets is given special treatment to prevent the accumulation of odor-causing bacteria and mold.
- Non-absorbent outer fabric keeps the bag dry and undamaged
- Has seven pockets: four open and three zipped
- A wide bag opening for easy access to items
- Flat bottom ensures better organizing of items
- Might seem tiny
- Might attract dirt
3. Best Easy To Carry: Bag Nation Diaper Bag Backpack
This diaper bag by Bag Nation is designed with two shoulder straps. The bag has 14 pockets, with two separate side pockets for holding a feeding bottle and baby wipes. The black color scheme of the bag gives it a universal appeal, thus making it one of the best diaper bags for dads. Here’s a video that demonstrates how easy it is to use this product every day.
- Pockets allow hassle-free access to wipes
- Includes an insulated feeding bottle pocket to keep milk warm
- Water-resistant outer polyester material allows easy cleaning
- Free diaper changing mat for a comfortable diaper change
- Includes a small pouch to save cash or cards
- Contains an extendable, external key chain for quick access to keys
- Stroller straps allow you to hang the backpack to the stroller conveniently
- Zipper may not be durable
- Zipper allows opening the bag only at an angle
4. Best For Organization: Moskka Diaper Bag Backpack
Moskka backpack-style diaper bag with 12 pockets includes a zipped pouch on the side for holding your phone and comes with separated pockets within the bag, allowing for efficient organization and easy access to items. The color scheme is gender neutral, making it one of the best unisex diaper bags.
- Grab handles and pegs at the base allow the bag to stand on a flat surface
- Top zipper opens end to end, allowing a wide opening for easy access
- Stroller straps of the bag let you hang it comfortably to a stroller
- Includes a free diaper changing pad
- Zipper might not be durable
- May not hold much weight
5. Best For Twin Babies: Skip Hop Duo Double Signature Diaper Bag
The double signature diaper bag by Skip Hop is large and wide enough for storing several diaper packs, making it a go-to bag for parents with twin babies. It offers two carrying choices, including a messenger strap and two handles. You can also attach the bag to a side-by-side stroller. This video gives you more information about the bag.
- Includes 16 pockets, including two side pockets to hold a feeding bottle or sippy cup
- Convenient pocket for holding pens and mobile phones
- Inner compartment contains a contrasting lining
- D-ring on the outside to attach a baby’s toy
- Easy to clean material that is free of phthalates
- Might be a tad big
- May attract dirt
6. Best Water-Resistant: Abear Diaper Bag Backpack
- The bag opens wide and has a volume of 23.8 liters, which makes it one of the largest diaper bags.
- It has a total of 14 pockets and a large central compartment.
- It is made of high-quality, durable polyester, which is water resistant and easy to clean.
- It features an exclusive, insulated pocket for a feeding bottle and another for baby wipes. Front pocket contains a secondary inner pocket where to store wet napkins.
- The two top grab handles allow you to hold the bag straight. Each handle is sturdily attached to the bag with metal rivets, thus making it one of the best tote diaper bags.
- The bag offers a lot of features for a reasonable price, making it one of the best affordable diaper bags.
7. Best Stylish: Baby Bag Yard Crossbody Canvas Diaper Bag
Your search for a stylish diaper bag made of canvas stops here. It has a messenger strap and two tote handles, and the easy-to-wear design makes it one of the best messenger diaper bags. It has nine compartments, with two dedicated for holding a feeding bottle each.
- Four zipper pockets allow easy organizing of objects within the bag
- Features a firm base with clogs at four edges
- Two exterior pockets to place smaller objects and even baby wipes for quick access
- Can not withstand heavy weighted objects
- Might have a loose hem
8. Best Faux Leather: Kaydee Baby Faux Leather Diaper Bag Backpack
Kaydee Baby brings you this stylish, large diaper bag made of artificial leather. The straps and handles are also made with faux leather, which adds to the bag’s appeal. The bag contains a large central compartment.
- Four small internal pockets and two side pockets to store the baby’s feeding bottle
- Sturdy handle at the top allows you to hang the bag on hooks and strollers
- Lightweight diaper bag that is as much a fashion statement as it is utilitarian
- Comfortable to carry
- Internal pockets might be tad small
- Poor stitching
9. Best For Traveling: HaloVa Diaper Bag Travel Backpack
- Made from water-resistant material that is easy to clean. Comes in five color options.
- The bag comes with a large pocket on the outside to hold the baby’s food items.
- A separate wet cloth pocket lets you put soiled and wet clothes separately, away from the rest of the items in the bag.
- The bag has a dedicated side pocket for baby wipes with a slit that allows you to pull the wipes easily A top side pocket lets you store your phone.
- Has two carrying options: tote-style or as a backpack.
10. Best For Convenience: Harrito Designer Diaper Bag Purse
The stylish purse-style diaper bag comes with long straps that go around the shoulder comfortably and shorter, removable straps that allow you to attach the bag to a stroller. The bag contains ten pockets, including two external pockets for quick access to necessary items.
- Free changing pad and an insulated bottle holder
- Machine-washable bag
- Adequate space for easy storage
- Durable straps
- Thick material
- Handle of the bottle bag is thin
11. Best Multipurpose: Petunia Pickle Bottom Diaper Bag
The Petunia Pickle box-style diaper bag lets you neatly arrange the diaper packets in a single compartment. It features a built-in diaper changing pad that folds neatly into the bag when not in use. The front flap attaches with a magnetic clasp, making it convenient to open and close the bag.
- Exterior side pockets for holding a feeding bottle or sippy cup
- Doubles as a messenger bag or backpack
- Exterior back pocket to store the removable messenger strap when not in use
- Adjustable strap to adjust the bag as per your convenience
- May have an unpleasant smell when new
- Shoulder straps might cause pain after extended use
12. Best For Toddlers: KiddyCare Diaper Bag Backpack
KiddyCare backpack-style diaper bag allows you to carry toddler diapers with relative ease due to its large size. It features an insulated front pocket with a capacity to hold three feeding bottles and two pouches inside for two more feeding bottles or sippy cups. The multiple zipped pockets inside the bag allow you to store essential items, including your phone.
- Slitted side pocket to store baby wipes
- Spacious storage space to fit a small laptop or tablet along with baby essentials
- Convenient tissue pocket
- Keeps milk warm
- Available in different colors
- Strap buckles might seem flimsy
- Straps might hurt your shoulders
13. Best Designer Bag: Kate Spade Baby Diaper Bag
The authentic designer bag is a class apart from the standard diaper bags. It provides two holding options, including a messenger-style strap and two tote handles. The messenger handle attaches to the main bag through premium metal hooks, which add to the appeal of the bag.
- Water-resistant polyester within the bag and the outside
- Two small pockets to store small items
- Easy to clean
- Adjustable and detachable strap
- Strap and handles might not be very durable
- May have an unpleasant smell when new
14. Best Luxury: Coach Large Diaper Travel Bag
The premium designer canvas bag by Coach features a spacious compartment that allows you to store several diaper packs. It comes with a zippered pocket for holding smaller items such as baby wipes. The bag also includes a side pouch to hold a sippy cup or feeding bottle.
- An inner sleeve at the top for storing small items
- Metal hooks and loops add to the premium appeal of the bag
- Appeals like a true luxury diaper bag
- Ideal for use when traveling
- Zippers may not be durable
- Straps are slightly thin
15. Best Versatile: Parker Baby Diaper Backpack
This diaper bag by Parker features multiple compartments with a total of ten pockets. It includes a single zipper that closes the bag with a large flap covering the entire top portion of the bag. The bag also features two side pockets, of which one is insulated to hold the baby’s feeding bottle.
- Has a keyring and laptop sleeve
- Includes stroller straps
- Diaper changing pad for changing the pads on the go
- Made of durable waterproof canvas
- Poor seams
- May attract stains easily
How To Choose A Diaper Bag?
The basic purpose of a diaper bag may be the same, but each parent’s needs are unique and warrant a unique diaper bag. So how do you pick what’s right for you? Read on to know what you should consider when buying a diaper bag.
- Spacious: Not all babies need the same number of diapers for a specific period. Some may need more, and others need a few. So pick a bag with enough space to hold the number of diaper packs required by your baby.
- Not heavy when empty: The bag should be strong enough to carry everything you need, but not bulky. Check the weight of the bag while you are still shopping for it and see if you will be comfortable taking it around.
- Easy to carry: The straps and handles should make it comfortable and convenient to carry the bag even with full load. If you prefer hauling bags on your shoulder, then backpack style diaper bags will be ideal for you.
[ Read : Babyhug Vogue Denim Diaper Bag Review ]
- Hard base with feet: If you are traveling alone with the baby and are likely to have no help when you change the diaper, get a bag with a firm base and sturdy pegs that allow it to stand on its own. This keeps the bag clean and prevents the contents from spilling out.
- Pockets: Pick a bag that has pockets to store additional items like talcum powder or diaper rash cream.
- Isolated slots: A separate slot is necessary to hold the feeding bottle, away from the compartment containing the diapers. Additional slots to keep the diaper wipes and a slot where you can store only the waste will be great too.
- Easy to clean: Accidental spills of food and milk are possible, so select a bag that is easy to clean.
- Preferably waterproof: You do not want the diapers to get all soggy if you are caught in the rain! So select a bag made of waterproof material, so that the contents of the bag remain dry even during snow or rain.
- It should be dad-friendly: Yes, dads can change diapers too! But they do not want to be seen around sporting a diaper bag with a light floral print. If you plan to split the diaper changing responsibility with your partner, then pick a unisex diaper bag, which is appealing to both the genders.
Tips For Using Diaper Bags
The following tips can help you make the most of your diaper bag:
- Pack as per the baby’s needs: Pack only the essentials, avoid overstuffing the bag just to fill the slots.
- Store smaller items in one box: Place smaller items like pacifiers within a larger box and then store them inside the bag for better organization.
- Have separate compartments for waste: Pick one zippered slot within the bag and use it to store used napkins and soiled diapers in a plastic bag. Do not then use it for any other purpose.
- Use outside pockets for quick access items: Use the outer pocket to store keys, mobile phone, credit cards, and other items that you will need to access easily.
[ Read : Babyhug Duet Diaper Bag Review ]
Diaper bags are an essential part of your daily routine, especially if you are on the move with the baby. A good bag helps you stay organized and carry stuff you need without having to worry about missing something out. Pick one from the list above or any other that meets your requirements just right.
Why Trust MomJunction?
We have compiled this list of the best diaper bags after evaluating various products available on different e-commerce platforms and considering user reviews and ratings. We have specifically chosen those diaper bags that are lightweight, durable, and convenient with additional pockets for easy storage. The list offers detailed descriptions and features of each product to help you make an informed decision. Furthermore, we have also added a buying guide to help you pick the right product.
Investing in the best diaper bags can make travel with your baby much easier by letting you tend to your little one’s needs promptly. They are spacious enough with compartments to help you carry your baby’s essentials and stay organized while you are on the go. When choosing such a bag, ensure it is water-resistant, lightweight, and durably built. Moreover, to make an informed decision while buying one, look for a bag with quality zippers, insulated pockets, and lightweight to prevent any discomfort while carrying it around. Further, you can also pick one that is stylish and comes in your favorite colors.
- Best Leather Diaper Bags
- Best Diapers For Chunky Babies
- Best Diapers For Toddlers
- Best Baby Diaper Brands
View Profile ›