Does your kid demand fast foods often? Do you want to ensure that he eats healthy fast food? Chances are, you said yes, and if you didn’t, consider reading our post on fast food for kids.
Kids usually find fast foods more delicious than homemade foods, and so they demand it. However, not all fast foods are healthy. Some fast foods contain certain ingredients that may hamper your little one’s health adversely. Do you want to know what are the healthiest and worst fast foods for kids? Get the answers here.
3 Best Fast Food For Kids:
Here are three healthier fast food choices you can offer for your child:
1. Chilli-Topped Potatoes At Wendy:
Wendy’s Chili-topped potatoes are one of the best and healthiest fast food meals for kids. The delicious food contains plain baked potato and small chilies that offer your kids carbohydrates, proteins, good fats, and fiber.
The baked potato and chili meal provide about 21 grams proteins, 80 grams carbohydrates, and 2.5 grams saturated fats. Also, the meal offers 460 calories, 855 mg sodium, and 12 grams fiber that support the good health of the kids (1).
[ Read: Fun Food Recipes For Kids ]
2. KFC’s Grilled Chicken Breast With Corn On Cob And Mashed Potatoes:
KFC’s fast food is one of the tastiest and healthiest fast food for kids to satisfy their appetite. Grilled chicken breast with corn and mashed potatoes provides a good source of proteins, carbohydrates, and fats that are necessary for good growth and development of kids.
The fast food meal of KFC offers 430 calories, 41 gms proteins, ten grams fats, five gms fiber, 905 mg sodium, and 49 gms carbohydrates (2).
3. Subway’s Veggie Delite Sandwich And Tomato Orzo Soup:
The Veggie Delite Sandwich along with a bowl of delicious tomato soup serves as one of the healthy fast food for kids with the appropriate amount of sodium. The sandwich is the best solution if you are watching out for sodium intake since it offers just 410 mg of sodium.
The filling lunch from Subway offers 360 calories, 14 gms proteins, seven gms fiber, and 69 gm carbohydrates (3).
3 Worst Fast Food For Kids:
Here are some of the fast foods that you need to keep your kid away from:
1. Tacobell’s Chips, Chicken Quesadilla, Guacamole, And Mountain Dew Baja Blast:
The entire meal comprising chips, guacamole, Baja blast, and chicken quesadilla is not healthy for a kid’s health. The meal offers 1,710 mg of sodium, 62 gm sugar, and 1,050 calories that are certainly not good for health. Chicken Quesadilla alone offers 1,200 mg of sodium while Baja Blast increases the sugar content of the meal substantially (4).
[ Read: Snack Ideas For Kids On The Go ]
2. Mc Donalds’ Double Cheeseburger, Extra Small Hi-C Orange Lava Burst, And Small French Fries:
Double cheeseburger, French fries, and Hi-C Orange Lava burst is full of the high sodium content of about 1,170 mg and sugar content of about 38 gm. The meal alone offers more than recommended daily sugar intake value of an average kid. 54% of daily sodium intake in one meal may affect your kid’s health adversely (5).
mommies3. Wendy’s Jr Chocolate Frosty, Bacon Cheeseburger, And Small Fries With Ketchup:
Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger alone accounts for 810 calories that are about half of the calorie requirement of a kid for a day. Also, Wendy’s cheeseburger, the frosty chocolate meal is quite high in sodium The 1,180 mg and sugar of about 32 gms accounts for more sugar than normal intake of an average adult (6).
Now that you know which fast foods are good for your kid’s health and which are not, you can make healthy choices. Avoid giving your kids fast foods that aren’t healthy so you can prevent the risk of health hazards resulting due to the intake of unhealthy junk foods. Share the information with your kids as it will help them understand why you are avoiding certain fast foods and this will prevent them from demanding harmful fast foods.
[ Read: Effects Of Eating Junk Food In Children ]
Does your kid enjoy any healthy fast foods and avoid eating unhealthy? Which food is your kid’s favorite? Share your knowledge about fast food for kids with other moms. Leave a comment below.
- Top 10 Fondue Recipes For Your Kid
- 10 Delicious Paneer Recipes For Kids
- 9 Health Benefits Of Garlic For Kids
- 10 Best Cheese Recipes For Kids
Latest posts by Manjiri Kochrekar (see all)
- 32 Lovely Wedding Anniversary Gift Ideas - June 28, 2017
- 10 Clear Signs That You Need Marriage Counselling - April 28, 2017
- 25 Wonderful Peacock Facts And Information For Kids - October 3, 2016
- 6 Most Popular Indian Mythological Stories For Kids - September 15, 2016
- 12 Health Benefits And 10 Facts About Oranges For Kids - June 16, 2016
- 16 Joyous Luau (Hawaiian) Party Ideas For Kids - May 31, 2016
- 35 Lesser-Known Facts About Great White Sharks For Kids - May 31, 2016
- 30 Unknown Sound Wave Facts And Information For Kids - May 31, 2016
- Can Kids Drink Kombucha? - Know Here! - May 27, 2016
- Tea Tree Oil For Kids - 15 Uses And 9 Safety Tips - May 18, 2016