Foggy goggles can take all the fun out of swimming, but the best anti-fog spray can be an effective solution to the problem. Whether you’re on vacation or swim regularly, you want to make sure your vision is always clear to make the most out of your time in the water. An anti-fog spray eliminates steam on glass surfaces during winter or rainy seasons. You can also use it on your mirror or binoculars, keeping them barrier-free. The anti-fog sprays we have listed for you here will help you defog your goggles efficiently, whether you are going for a swim, hike, or drive.
Our Top Picks
10 Best Anti-Fog Sprays
1. Best Hypoallergenic: Optix 55 Anti-Fog Spray For Non-Anti-Reflective Lenses
Optix 55’s anti-fog spray helps prevent fogging of glasses and plastic windows and maintains a clear view through objects, such as eyewear lenses, mirrors, swim goggles, and ski masks. The anti-fog spray comes with up to 400 pumps in a bottle, helping to attain instant clarity.
- Natural formulation
- Hypoallergenic and safe to use
- Safe for non-AR coated polarized, prescription, and transition lenses
- No harmful chemicals used
- Comes in an easy-to-refill bottle
- Reduced effectiveness in hot environments
2. Best Streak-free Defogging: Anti-Fog Spray Eyeglass Lens Cleaner
If you are looking for one of the best anti-fog sprays with an instant vision clearing effect, this product is ideal. The defogger for glasses is suitable for removing condensation from various surfaces, including ski masks, windows, mirrors, goggles, and glasses.
- Clears up lenses with a single spray
- Suits defogging of all sports masks
- Long-lasting anti-fogging effects
- Streak-free defogging finish
- Suits non-AR coated lenses the best
- Removes dirt, fingerprints, and smudges off surfaces as well
- Fog may resurface with an extended period of swimming
3. Best Lightweight: FogAway Anti-Fog Spray For Glasses
Gamer Advantage’s FogAwaydefog ging spray can prevent fog formation on all devices and lenses, such as goggles, glasses, and VR headsets. The product, made in the United States, is safe to use on anti-reflective lenses. The anti-fog glasses spray, weighing two ounces, is lightweight and pocket-friendly, suitable as a travel or swimming accessory.
- Effectively cleans all lens types
- A long-lasting formulation
- Provides defogged vision with a few sprays
- Helps in fog removal under humid, hot, and cold conditions
- Useful for motorcycles and windshields, too
- May irritate the eyes
4. Best Anti-Fog: Optix 55 Anti-Fog Treatment For Anti-Reflective Lenses
Optix 55’s anti-fog treatment solution is specially formulated for defogging AR lenses. The anti-fog treatment lasts for weeks without reapplication and ideal for goggles, glasses, ski masks, and snorkeling masks. The anti-fog treatment solution dries in a few seconds after application to provide the best results.
- Clears fog instantly
- Prevents fog formation on the glass surface
- Needs one drop to clean and defog
- Extra-strength anti-fogging effects
- No-streak cleaning
- Portable and suits your travel needs
- May not clear fogging in cold conditions
5. Best Biodegradable Formulation: Just Add Water Jaws Quick Spit Anti-Fog Spray
If you are looking for a compact defogging solution for wet and dry applications, Just Add Water anti-fog spray is ideal. This product is available in packs of one, two, and three bottles and is one of the best anti-fog sprays with an instant effect. The spray’s non-toxic formula is safe for the eyes and has a long-lasting impact with one use.
- Natural, biodegradable formulation
- Provides more than 200 sprays
- Provides anti-fogging results on both glass and plastic surfaces
- Hypoallergenic and safe to use
- Non-toxic formulation made of natural ingredients
- Streak-free defogging
- May underperform in extreme heat
6. Best Easy To Apply: Don & Jon’s Anti-Fog Extreme
JFDI Chem LLC’s hypoallergenic defog spray is a concentrated solution that works as an excellent anti-fogging agent even in a highly humid environment. Its thick anti-fog coating can stay on the glass or plastic surface for a long time, making your vision fog-free. The non-flammable and preservative-free solution is safe to use regularly.
- Defogs surfaces such asmirrors, lenses, glasses, and scuba masks
- Long-lasting use over days
- Provides up to 220 sprays from one ounce bottle
- Easy to apply and dries up quickly
- Takes time to dry up after application
7. Best Defogging Effect: Zeiss Fog Defender System Anti-Fog Kit For Glasses
The Zeiss defogger for glasses is an excellent anti-fogging agent that comes in a pack of two bottles for long-lasting use. The anti-fog kit comes with a spray bottle and a microfiber cloth for convenient surface cleaning and application.
- Defogging effect can last for up to 72 hours of spray
- Provides fog-free vision
- Ideal for use on glasses, binoculars, lenses, and face shields
- Safe usage for optical lenses and prescribed eyewear
- May require frequent application
8. Best Non -Toxic: Key Smart Fog Block Anti-Fog Spray For PPE Masks
KeySmartanti-fog glasses cleaner is one of the best defogging solutions because it is specially designed to suit PPE masks. Its non-toxic formula leaves no streaks on the surface, keeping your vision clean after use. The high-quality spray is safe to use on all types of lenses.
- The non-toxic formulation makes it safe to use
- Suits defogging of AR as well as non-AR lenses
- Safe and effective formulation
- A bottle can last up to 120 sprays
- Defog your glasses for up to 24 hours with one application
- Small-sized, travel-friendly bottle
- May damage the glasses with extended use
- Takes time to defog
9. Best Multipurpose: RefineU Anti-Fog Spray For Glasses
This professional eyeglass defogger provides a long-lasting effect. A single application of RefineU can keep your glasses clear for two to three days. It helps remove dust from the surface and suits multiple lenses and glass surfaces. Its natural formula makes it one of the best anti-fog sprays on the market.
- Nanotechnology-enabled moisture removal for defogging
- Comes with an easy-to-use pump spray
- Safe for your eyes and skin
- Suitable for masks and bathroom mirror as well
- May take time to dry out
10. Best For Everyday Use: OClear Anti-Fog Spray For Glasses
OClearanti-fog solution is ideal for all lenses, including eyeglasses, goggles, swim glasses, snorkeling masks, binoculars, and windshields. The anti-fog spray, made of non-toxic formula, is safe to use for eyewear. The product comes with a 100% money-back guarantee.
- Provides instant anti-fogging results
- Long-lasting professional formulation
- One application can keep surfaces defogged for up to three days
- Made from natural ingredients
- Ideal for everyday use
- Keeps lenses scratch and damage-free
- Fog may accumulate depending on the surface
- Not suitable for all environments
How To Choose The Right Anti-Fog Spray?
Below are some key factors to consider when buying an anti-fog spray.
- Type of lens: Choose an anti-fog spray according to the types of lens or glass you wear. You must select a spray that defogs different lens types without harming the surface.
- Ingredients: Since these sprays may come in contact with the skin, you must choose a product that uses natural ingredients, which do not harm the body.
- Frequency of use: Some sprays may require multiple applications. Other sprays may last up to two to three days with a single use.
- Convenient to use: The anti-fog solutions must dry out quickly and keep the surface streak-free. A pump spray and microfiber are good additions to a defogging kit.
- Spray quantum: It refers to the number of times a spray can be applied with the given quantity, with a higher number of sprays per bottle being the preferred choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the types of anti-fog sprays?
There are no specific types of anti-fog sprays. However, you may choose the anti-fog spray based on the ingredients, technology, suitability for different surfaces, and duration of effects.
2. Can I use anti-fog sprays for cameras, telescopes, windows, and swimming goggles?
Yes, fog sprays for glasse scan defog your eyewear and keep glass surfaces, such as telescope lenses, camera lenses, swimming goggles, and windows, free from moisture.
3. How do I store the anti-fog spray?
Store a defogging spray in a cool and dry place to ensure its consistent composition and long-lasting use. It is best to keep the anti-fog spray away from direct sunlight.
Anti-fog sprays are multifunctional and versatile. They help prevent fog build-up on the bathroom mirror and keep your car mirrors crystal clear apart from keeping your eyeglasses clear when swimming. The best anti-fog sprays are made of natural ingredients and are safe to use around your eyes. Consider factors such as the type of lens you need it for, the spray’s ingredients, the number of applications it requires, and its ease of use to pick the right one and keep all your glass surfaces fog-free.
Why Trust MomJunction?
If you are confused with the overflowing choices of anti-fog sprays in the market, we are here to help you. After good research and product analysis, we put together the names of the best anti-fog sprays that can effectively defog your goggles during the rainy or winter season. We have described the notable features of each product along with its pros and cons. In addition, we have also provided a buying guide and answers to some frequently asked questions to help you choose the right product.