As delicious as apples are, peeling them can be a giant hassle that takes up a lot of time. Fortunately, the best apple peeler can rescue you from this situation, speeding up your preparation of apple-based goodies and desserts. These peelers make your work a lot easier, whether you want to peel an apple for breakfast or peel several to use in baked desserts. Our list of the best peelers will help you pick the right one for your needs.
Our Top Picks
11 Best Apple Peelers
1. Best Premium-Quality: Starfrit Electric Rotato Express
The premium-quality electric apple peeler from Starfrit is a super-efficient appliance that makes peeling easy and smooth. It is an easy-to-use device requiring placement of the fruit in the tray and clicking a single button. You can use the versatile tool for peeling potatoes, kiwis, and tomatoes. It includes two spare blades for further usage as and when required.
- Auto-stop after peeling
- Smooth non-slip base
- Safe to use
- Built-in storage for spare blades
- Plastic blade holder is delicate
2. Best Durable: VKP Brands Johnny Apple Peeler
The versatile product can smoothly peel, core, and slice different apples and make the baking process super easy. It has a sturdy cast iron body. The elegant equipment features a wooden handle that provides a comfortable grip and is easy to hold. All blades are made of superior quality stainless steel.
- Sleek look
- High stability
- Smooth finish
- One may not use the corer and spiral slicer separately
3. Best With Long-Lasting Steel Blads: Starfrit Pro-Apple Peeler
The handy apple peeler features attractive, transparent housing and ensures minimal wastage. It is equipped with a spring-loaded arm that works exceptionally well for different apples. The steel blades are long-lasting, and the suction grip feet enhance the product’s reliability.
- Package includes a corer slicer
- Super easyto use
- Enhanced versatility
- Does not include spare blades
4. Best Rustproof: Gorgenius Apple Peelers
Gorgeniusapple peeler features robust stainless steel built that ensures long life and stability. The product swiftly peels, cores, and slicesvarious fruits. It is equipped with a flat vacuum suction countertop base and a thin metal side clamp to secure the machine. The tool is super easy to clean.
- Easy operation
- Enhanced reliability
- Brilliant suction
- Instructions may not be clear
5. Best Easy-To-Operate: Johnny Apple Peeler
The premium-quality appliance provides ease of efficient three-way operation. It features an enamel-coated cast iron built and clamp base that firmly attaches to countertops and tables. The adjustable peeling blade is super-smooth and easy to operate. It can make long spiral slices of apples and performs multiple functions in 40 seconds.
- Five-year warranty
- Suction cup enhances stability
- All-in-one device
- Robust built
- Handle is wobbly
6. Best Smooth Functioning: Situ Apple Peeler
The multifaceted apple peeler machine features a high-grade cast iron built with a flat vacuum suction countertop base and thin metal side clamps that add to its reliability. It is rust-free and can efficiently perform multiple functions simultaneously. The peeler works for a variety of fruits s.
- Smooth functioning
- Sharp blades
- Might be difficult to use
7. Best With Easy Grip Handle: Moce Apple Peelers
Equipped with three-prong heads and an easy-to-grip handle, the apple peeler can easily peel,slice, and core within seconds. The appliance has a corner suction base that is easy to place on the countertop. It features premium-quality stainless steel bladesthaten sure enhanced accuracy. The blades of the peeler are super adjustable too.
- Super quick
- Sturdy built
- Minimal waste
- Safe to use
- Suction may not work properly
8. Best With Sharp Blades: Linden Sweden Fruit and Vegetable Peeler
The Linden Sweden fruit and vegetable peeler is a great tool equipped with a super soft handle that provides a comfortable grip. You can use it with your right and left hands. The peeler is made up of premium-quality stainless steel with super sharp blades. The product is easy to clean.
- Ergonomic design
- Soft grip handle
- Easy to store
- Blade is not sharp
9. Best Easy-To-Clean: Upeor Apple Peeler
The easy-to-operate apple peeler is manufactured using superior quality die-cast magnesium, making it durable. It can effectively multifunction at the same time. You can peel, core and slice apples conveniently. You can easily attach the suction cup to any smooth surface.
- Safe for use by kids
- Convenient to clean
- May not be suitable for large apples
10. Best For Minimal Wastage Of Fruits: Ikigai Apple Peeler Slicer Corer
The Ikigai tabletop spiral peeler and slicer is an innovative, time-saving appliance that ensures minimal wastage of fruits and vegetables. It is equipped with an easy and smooth handle that is easy to hold and eliminates arm fatigue. The peeler is made of high-quality die-cast aluminum alloy and features stainless steel blades and a chrome-plated winding rod.
- Powerful suction
- Does not require electricity
- Super easy to use
- Doesn’t work well with soft apples
11. Best Lightweight: Cave Tools Vegetable Peeler Julienne Swivel
The swivel from Cave tools is an easy-to-handle lightweight tool featuring sturdy stainless steel blades that make peeling and slicing effortless. It is ergonomically designed to provide a non-slip grip with enhanced security. Both left and right-handed people can use the tool.
- Comfortable grip
- Includes a recipe book
- Convenient to store
- Does not require electricity
- Peels might build up and get stuck
What To Look For While Buying An Apple Peeler?
Here are some factors to keep in mind to choose the best apple peeler.
- Multi-functional: A versatile appliance will not just peel apples but also perform several other functions, such as slicing, coring, and cutting. Look for a product that can work well with apples and a large variety of fruits and vegetables.
- Manual or electric: Choose whether you want the one that can multitask and ease your work or the one that is easy to store and clean. Based on your preferences, opt for the one that appeals to you most.
- Built: Look for the appliance with a sturdy built and premium-quality metal built, such as aluminum, iron, or magnesium. Peelers made of high-grade iron are considered the best as they are resistant to rust and last longer.
- Easy to clean: If you want to spend minimal time cleaning the appliance, pay good attention to this factor while making your choice. Most models are dishwasher-safe and super easy to clean.
- Grip: A tool that provides a comfortable grip is easier to hold and does not cause fatigue. Look for a peeler that features a non-slip base and is easy to use by both left- and right-handed people.
The best apple peelers reduce the time and effort needed to peel apples by half and let you eat them or add them to your desserts in no time. You may choose between an automated and manual apple peeler—the automated ones are more efficient, while manual ones are perfect for when you are outdoors camping or picnicking. Further, these peelers are versatile and can be used for slicing, coring, and cutting other fruits. When choosing one, ensure it is safe, lightweight, easy to clean, and made of durable material.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Sakshi John is an experienced writer who relies on extensive research to recommend the best kitchen and household products to her readers. Here, she brings you a list of the best apple peelers in the market after comparing various products and considering several customer reviews. The products listed here are sleek, safe, easy to use, and sturdy. Moreover, she also gives you a buying guide to help you select the right peeler.