If you plan to buy a practical gift that can help hone your child’s artistic skills, consider the best art tables for kids. With an arts and crafts table at their disposal, you do not have to worry about them scribbling and doodling on the precious white walls of your house.
Art table sets include fun and colorful miniature chairs and tables. Whether your children want a set with a cartoon theme, one in their favorite color, or one that has several compartments, we’ve got you covered. So, keep scrolling to explore the top expert-recommended and tried-and-tested arts and crafts tables for young artists.
15 Best Art Tables For Kids
1. Best Storage:Step Deluxe Kids Desk
Made of premium-quality material, this master desk comes with a chair. It is an appropriate choice for kids who enjoy their own space to sketch or create something. The art desk comes with molded compartments to store pens, brushes, and more. It measures 35.5 x 20.2 x 31.2 inches in size, providing ample size for designing the perfect kids’ art area at home. Check out the review of this product for more information.
- Has a push-button light
- Two large bin compartments on the sides
- Lightweight design
- Has a hinged writing surface with a dry-erase feature
- Storage space below the whiteboard
- Seat of the chair may be slightly high
- Assembling may be slightly challenging for some
2. Best Durable:Little Tikes Bright ‘n Bold Table & Chairs
This art table set is designed for tiny toddlers. The table and two chairs don’t require any assembling, as they are made of a single piece, making them the ideal crafts table and chair set for preschoolers. The chairs are green while the table is blue, making it an attractive set. This regular table and chairs set can be used for writing, playing, and making crafts.
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Lightweight, child-friendly, and portable
- Height of the seat is 10.44 inches
- Can hold up to 70lb
- Table top may not be flat
- Chair may be less robust
3. Best For Toddlers:Delta Children Kids Table And Chair Set
Opt for this theme-based furniture set by Delta Children, if you are looking for fun and functional arts and crafts table. The furniture includes one table and two chairs. It is made of solid and engineered wood. This table and chair set is suitable for children who are three years of age and older. It is a convenient set where children can sit, draw, and craft conveniently. It is available in 12 designs and has been designed and tested to meet or exceed ASTM safety standards.
- Comes with a storage option
- Made to be sturdy and scratch-resistant
- Each chair can withstand 50lb
- Easy to assemble
- 100% non-toxic
- Measures 24 x 24 x 17.72in
- Has a safe finish
- Tightening the screws may be slightly difficult
- Paint may chip off with use
"The toddler table set was easy to assemble and robust against rough use by my toddler. While the size was smaller than expected, it's been a delightful addition to his playroom for eating, playing, and learning."
Step2 Deluxe Kids Desk
Little Tikes Bright ‘n Bold Table & Chairs
Delta Children Kids Table And Chair Set
|Disney Frozen Ii
|35.5"D x 20.2"W x 31.2"H
|23.25 x 22.75 x 19.38 inches
|24 x 24 x 17.72 inches
4. Best Comfortable:Step Flip And Doodle Desk With Stool
The all-in-one kids’ activity table comes with plenty of storage options to help you make kid-centric craft spaces in your home. Children can use it as a board and also an art and craft table. It comes with a stool to make your kid comfortable while engaging in creative activities. If you want to know more about the benefits of this product, check out this quick review on YouTube.
- Made of premium-quality and safety-tested material
- 13 x 20in large work surface
- Has four bins (two large and two small) for storage
- Lightweight and aesthetic design
- Easel board transforms into a magnetic dry-erase board
- Child-friendly design
- Assembling may be somewhat difficult
- Sitting on the stool for prolonged hours may cause back pain
5. Best For Frozen Fans:Delta Children Chair Desk With Storage Bin
Bring home this kids’ crafts table with storage, which is made of engineered wood and is appropriate for children who are three-years-old and above. It has an attractive graphic finish, is scratch-resistant, and helps create a creative learning environment for children. The chair desk comes in a variety of bright colors and designs, so you may pick any that your child likes.
- Includes a storage drawer
- Easy to assemble and clean
- Has a removable cup on the desk
- Provides back support to the child when creating art
- Measures 20.47 x 22.83 x 23.23in
- Chair may seem fragile to some
- Screws may not be durable
"This table was a breeze to assemble and has quickly become my little one’s preferred spot for eating, playing, and studying. However, its storage box tends to slide out, so I recommend using a backing. Overall, it has been a practical addition to my child’s room."
6. Best Easy-Lift Lid:KidKraft -in- Activity Table
Why only work when you can play too? This is an interesting kid’s activity table that not only allows children to read or make crafts but also allows them to play and have fun. One of the sides of the table is made to play with Lego blocks. This furniture set is recommended for children of all age groups, making them ideal art and craft tables for home and school.
- Comes with 200 Lego blocks
- Made with MDF, melamine, and T-molding material
- Has storage space to store books or toys
- Measures 25 x 23 x 16 inches
- Multipurpose and durable
- Snapping them together may be hard
- Lego plates may not line up perfectly
"The table was easy to assemble, and the mix of storage and play space made it a hit with my kid. The small drawer opening may make it challenging to retrieve smaller items, but my child does not seem too bothered by it. Hence, it gets my nod of approval."
7. Best Sturdy:Alex Toys Art Table
If you have more than one child at home, you may consider this multipurpose arts and crafts table that comes along with two benches. It is made of wood and is sturdy and durable. The Alex Toys arts and crafts table for six-year-olds and above is designed to be colorful and creative so that children are motivated to use it to showcase their skills.
- Attractive, child-friendly design with bright colors
- Easy to assemble, comes with the accessories
- Has an erasable chalkboard on top, on which you may scribble
- Has three removable cups
- Includes a bag on the side to keep crayons, pencils, and other stuff
- Comes with a paper cutter and hanging paper roll
- Floor-to-table height may be slightly small
- May be a bit heavy
"My kid can spend hours drawing on this table’s chalkboard top. Besides, the built-in accessories like the paper roll and cup holders keep the table from getting messy. Overall, it has been the perfect option for fostering my kid's creativity."
8. Best For Easy Access:KidKraft Star Table And Chair Set
This time-tested kid’s wooden crafts table comes with two chairs. It has a unique star design and is made with high-quality natural wood. The set is designed uniquely and made smartly to be tough and last for many years.
- Comes with two storage bins
- Easy to assemble and clean
- Curved table and chair edges
- Practical and simple design
- Sturdy construction
- Measures 30 x 22 x 20.25in (table) and 11 x 10.625 x 21in (chair)
- Joining the parts may take longer than usual
- Table top may not have space for more than one child
"This table is very spacious and is the perfect blend of sturdiness and functionality. Although I had to use a drill to assemble it, the process was pretty quick. And the storage bins are a big bonus as they help my kid keep his essentials nearby."
9. Best Versatility:KidKraft Modern Table And Chair Set
A versatile activity table, this arts and crafts table for kids comes with two chairs too. The regular table doubles as a playroom art station and can be used for reading, painting, or creating crafts. The furniture set helps you create child-friendly art spaces and comes with an instruction guide for hassle-free assembling.
- Made of high-quality composite wood
- Sturdy and durable construction
- Measures 23.6 x 23.6 x 19in
- Simple, elegant, and kid-friendly design
- Has a safe and durable finish
- May not be waterproof
- Table may wobble at times
"The set’s pastel hues have allowed it to blend seamlessly with existing furniture. Its lightweight design and stain-resistant build have also made moving and cleaning a breeze. However, I recommend adding a pillow to make the chairs more comfortable."
10. Best Natural Color Finish:KidKraft Art Table
With a unique design, this arts and crafts table helps you create an organized art space for kids. It is made of wood composite and is strong and long-lasting. The table with paper roll comes with a step-by-step instruction manual and is easy to assemble.
- Smartly designed and constructed
- Child-friendly design
- Provides the clamp for holding the paper
- Comes with a paper roll at the bottom
- Has four medium-sized compartments attached to the legs
- Comes with two sealable cups on the side
- Includes a stand to hang painted papers
- Table may shake at times
- Bottom of the bins may not withstand heavy weight
"This art table serves as an artistic canvas for my three- and six-year-olds–turning into a cherished spot. Assembly was a bit tricky, but the delight it brought to their faces was worth the hassle. It is a practical choice to encourage independent play."
11. Best For Home Work:Basicwise Portable Activity Table
This child-sized art workstation is safe and functional. The simple table has an aesthetic design and can be used by kids of any age for drawing or sketching or for working on any arts and crafts projects.
- Made of high-quality plastic material
- Measures 23 x 12 x 8in
- Available in two bright colors, pink and green
- Sturdy construction
- Can be used for multiple purposes
- Tray may be small for some
- Table may seem big for a toddler
"My daughter insists on carrying this tray-style table regardless of where we go. Its large surface provides ample space for drawing, and the compartments keep her snacks and craft supplies from rolling away."
12. Best Multi-Functional:Delta Children Kids Convertible Activity Bench
Tough and durable, this distinctively designed activity bench is made of MDF and wood. It is a multipurpose kids’ crafts table with extra storage, recommended for children who are three years old and above. This creative play furniture can be used as an activity, snack, or study table.
- Transforms conveniently from bench to desk
- Non-toxic, child-friendly, and safe finish
- Green Gold-certified
- Comes with two storage drawers
- Easy to assemble, sturdy, and functional
- Measures 26.5 x 17.25 x 22.5in
- Paint may not last long
- Assembling may take some time
"Having used this table for a few months, I can vouch for its sturdiness and ease of usage. Its screws may require occasional tightening, but its positives compensate for that minor hassle. Plus, its convertible design has allowed it to grow with the children."
13. Best Easy To Assemble:Guidecraft Deluxe Art Center
The Guidecraft Deluxe Art Center is designed as a hotspot of creativity for children in their preschool stages. This kid’s table features a tabletop and two chairs. Rectangular in shape, the art center is available in one color and made of solid birch wood with a UV polyurethane finish. It is designed in a classroom playing style and has large shelves on one side that can be used to store art and painting supplies for kids. The entire art center weighs about 103 lb and can keep your child occupied for hours.
- Sturdy and long-lasting make
- Plenty of extra storage space for brushes and paints
- Sanded and has a non-toxic finish
- Easy to assemble
- Includes a starter roll of paper and canvas fabric bins for storage
- Small bits may pose a choking hazard
- Some may find the setup smaller than expected
"This table is large enough to accommodate both me and my kids. Its assembly is also straightforward, but I would have liked it to come with felt pads for the foot. Nevertheless, the overall build, storage space, and utility have made it a family favorite."
14. Best Large Capacity:Costzon Kids Plastic Table
Bring home this lightweight table made for children to read, write, and showcase their artistic skills. It has a simple design and is available in green color. The edges of the art desk are curved so that it doesn’t harm the little one, making it a children’s art room essential.
- Made of supreme quality PE plastic material
- Easy to assemble and requires no maintenance
- Measures 48 x 24 x 20in and weighs 13.9lb
- Can withstand a capacity of 110lb
- Can be used for multiple purposes
- Non-slip pads
- Waterproof surface
- May not be scratch-resistant
- Does not come with chairs
"Besides being the perfect height for my little one, the table is easy to clean and maintain. While it's sturdy and has proved to be durable, the textured top may make thinner papers tear. Nevertheless, It has been ideal for everyday use."
15. Best For All Ages:Elk And Friends Kids Multi Activity Table
If you are looking for space-saving kids’ crafts tables, then opt for the Elk and Friends multi-activity table. It comes with two easy-to-fit-in chairs that provide a comfortable seating arrangement. It is suitable for children above three years of age and comes with a paper roll measuring 35×19.7×21.3 in. The seats have a height of 10.2 in and measure 10.6×10.6 in. It has a child-safe construction and is made of pine wood. Moreover, your child can easily convert the table to build blocks by turning it over.
- Lightweight design
- Safe rounded edges
- Sufficient storage space
- Has a large working area
- Paint may not be long-lasting
- May not be easy to clean
"This set proved to be a versatile addition to my child’s playroom. It has been useful for everything from studying and playing to assembling trains and puzzles. The stools, though durable, may need to be placed carefully to prevent wobbles. Nevertheless, it is a decent buy."
How To Choose The Right Art Table For Kids?
Here’s a kids’ arts and crafts table buying guide that covers the major aspects to look at when choosing the best arts and crafts table for your children.
- Size and weight: You need to select an art table according to the height and age of your child. Tables and chairs that are too high or too low may not be comfortable for anyone. Also, the crafts table and chair should be light in weight so that your children can drag them from one corner to another as per their convenience.
- Material: The ideal options are traditional or engineered wood or high-quality plastic. These materials are safe, aesthetically pleasing, durable, and easy to maintain when it comes to furniture, such as arts and crafts tables or chairs for kids.
- Storage option: Having cabinets or storage drawers or tiny cups to store pens, brushes, books, paper roll, and craft materials could make it a convenient crafts table for your children.
- Others: Some other features you may look for in a kid’s activity table include paper roll, chalkboard, shape, and design. You can also consider arts and crafts tables that are made of safety-tested materials.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the useful features of a kid’s art table?
Features like storage bins or shelves to store art supplies and special storage for art paper rolls make arts and crafts tables a complete place for creating art. And other features like clamps to hold the paper in place, cup holders to hold the paint cups, and comfortable chairs make art time fun and offer convenience.
2. What type of storage options are available on a kid’s art table?
Arts and crafts tables come with different storage features depending on the design and construction of the table. Some tables may have open storage bins, while others may include hidden or closed storage bins or shelves. Simple crafts tables for younger children may not include any inbuilt storage space.
3. Where should I place a kid’s art table?
The best place for a kids’ craft table is either in their playroom or the corner of their bedroom. These dedicated spaces may give your child a sense of independence and the convenience of creating art whenever they feel like it.
4. Is there any way to secure paper on an art table?
Some arts and crafts tables may have an inbuilt slider to hold the art paper in place. You may also try using paper clips or masking tape to secure the paper.
5. What heights do art tables support?
Art tables are designed and constructed for children of different ages. Therefore, these tables are available in different heights. It is essential to check a table’s dimensions to make sure it supports your child’s height.
Introducing art to your children is one of the best ways to enhance their creativity. Exploring arts keeps your child engaged for hours and helps improve their hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, and concentration levels. For encouraging kid’s art activities choose Step2 Deluxe Kids Desk, for lightweight design with sturdiness choose the Little Tikes Bright ‘n Bold Table & Chairs and for Disney princess-themed option choose the Delta Children Kids Table and Chair Set. Ensure to buy the one that suits your child’s age, height, and weight. Also, check if the tables are portable and durable and have storage options for storing art materials. You may also consider a table that is lightweight, easy to assemble, and has an attractive graphic finish.
Infographic: A Buying Guide To Find The Right Art Table For Your Child
Settling for an art table for your child can be daunting, with so many options to consider. To simplify your buying process, here’s an infographic with some key factors to consider to help you bring home the right art table for your little one.
- The Importance of Art in Child Development
Why Trust MomJunction?
Sakshi John is an experienced writer and reviewer of home and kitchen essentials. She researched numerous products from multiple sources to create a list of the best kids’ arts and crafts tables and their specifications, such as assembly, dimensions, and storage for art supplies. She also gives details on the material and durability of each craft table for kids. Her detailed descriptions and a shopping guide can help you buy a suitable table based on your child’s age and requirements.