The color of our teeth can become pale over time due to various reasons. If you’ve been looking for ways to get your pearly whites back, you’ve come to the right place. In this post, we have listed the best teeth whitener kits for you to bring home and try. These kits can help you gain the benefits of a professional whitening treatment without the professional whitening cost.
Dr. Farayi Shakespeare Moyana, a renowned dentist in Zimbabwe, says, “There are three main options you could choose for teeth whitening–over-the-counter take home kits, a combination of dental chair and at-home options, and complete dental chair options integrating a zoom light to speed up the process. The best at-home teeth whitening kits help you solve the problem of discolored teeth from the comfort of your home.”
Have a look at these tried-and-tested kits, and consult your dentist or dental hygienist to work out the best type of teeth whitening options for you.
14 Best At-Home Teeth Whitening Kits
1. Best With Carbamide Peroxide: Cali White Teeth Whitening Kit
Cali White’s Teeth Whitening Kit is an effective, easy-to-use solution for achieving brighter, whiter teeth. The clinically proven kit includes a powerful LED light and gel formula to remove stains and discoloration, leaving your teeth looking their best. It contains a 35% carbamide peroxide formula to help you achieve a whiter smile. Further, its Bonus Custom Thermoform and universal comfort fit tray provide complete upper and lower bite coverage.
- Effective at removing stains and discoloration
- Quick and long-lasting results
- Enamel-safe and gentle on the teeth
- Includes a low-sensitivity serum
- Some may not like the taste of the gel
- Might not be suitable for individuals with teeth sensitivity
2. Best Gluten-Free: Cali White Teeth Whitening Kit
The enamel-safe, 35% carbamide peroxide gel from Cali White is free of gluten, GMO, dairy, phthalate, paraben, and sulfate. It is a kosher and vegan-friendly formula made of organic ingredients and comes with a sensitive serum to protect your teeth and gums from sensitivity. The kit includes five LED blue lights, two thermaform trays, one patented tray, and a case for easy portability. The mouthpiece tray has a universal fit and can be used with any light.
- Light has a built-in timer
- Cruelty-free formula
- Helps remove tough stains
- Safe and easy to use
- Taste of the gel may be unpleasant for some
- May cause slight irritation in the gums
3. Best For Sensitive Teeth: Fairywill Teeth Whitening Strips
With a non-slip grip, these professional-grade whitening strips show results within two or three uses. The whitening gel on the rear side is moisture-activated, so it sticks firmly to the teeth. Created using the enamel-safe formula, this tooth whitening kit has the same key ingredients that dentists use. Here’s a video review summarizing the features of this teeth-whitening product.
- Effective in removing tough stains, extrinsic and intrinsic
- White strips are gentle on sensitive teeth
- Convenient to use
- Suitable for gentle whitening
- Peppermint flavor may be strong
"While I appreciate these whitening strips, consistency is crucial to achieve intended results. After using them for a couple of months, I often receive compliments. They offer good adhesion and have a pleasant taste."
4. Best LED Activating Technology: Snow Teeth Whitening Kit
Snow Teeth’s teeth whitening home kit uses LED activating technology for a whiter smile. It is formulated by dentists and needs to be applied for nine minutes per day with the USB-powered mouthpiece after brushing your teeth. The teeth whitening pens help remove tough coffee and wine stains from your teeth without any pain. Here’s a review video to help you learn more about this teeth-whitening product’s features and benefits.
- Safe for sensitive teeth
- Can be used on teeth with braces, crowns, caps, bridges
- Comes with a five-year warranty
- Easy to use
- LED mouthpiece may be flimsy
"Initially, I was skeptical about this product as I am used to the convenience of conventional whitening strips. Over time, I've noticed promising, long-lasting results despite my coffee habits. Plus, the mint flavor is a bonus. It's a good alternative to pricey dental procedures."
5. Best For Quick Results:Power Swabs 7 Day Teeth Whitening Kit
The Power Swabs teeth whitening kit is designed for use at home with professional-grade whitening efficiency. It is an excellent option as it is a dentist-formulated and clinically tested teeth whitening swab with a starting whitening capacity of two shades in five minutes. It is suitable for all tooth types and has a two-step usage. The item comes in liquid form and needs seven days of consecutive use for the best results.
- Offers mess-free teeth whitening
- Includes a teeth whitening pen for on-the-go stain removal
- Great for lifting strain off dental restorations
- Has long-lasting results
- No sensitivity
- Does not require LED, white strips, etc.
- May whiten the gum if stained
- Some may not like the flavor
"I've found these swabs to be effective on my teeth, and while they caused some initial sensitivity, it wasn’t persistent. They're quite efficient, bringing noticeable results after a few days. These swabs are a good choice if you value simplicity and efficacy."
6. Best Latex-Free:Auraglow Teeth Whitening Kit With LED Light
The Auraglow teeth whitening kit is uniquely designed with LED light technology for assisted whitening. It is formulated with 35% Carbamide Peroxide and is available in gel form. It is known for its proven efficacy, is gluten-free, and ensures complete safety for enamel. The LED light is designed with a complete latex-free tray that fits any mouth size.
- No tooth irritation or sensitivity
- Kit supports up to 20 treatments
- Easy stain removal from coffee, wine, smoking, tea, etc.
- Storage case doubles up as a charging dock
- IPX6 waterproof light
- May not be suitable for pregnant women
- May be messy
"My experience with Auraglow was quite pleasing. After a simple two-week application, my teeth definitely brightened. It didn't quite reach my side teeth, but I appreciated the sensitivity-free process. It is easy to use and the effect surpasses that of whitening strips. I would recommend it."
7. Best Formula: iSmile Teeth Whitening Kit
The iSmile Teeth Whitening Kit is a professional-grade at-home whitening system with five times LED light technology to brighten and whiten teeth effectively. The results-driven kit includes a whitening gel, LED accelerator light, and a remineralization gel to help strengthen and protect teeth after whitening. Its whitening gel is formulated to remove surface stains and deep discoloration, resulting in brighter, whiter teeth. Further, the LED blue whitening accelerator light has a built-in ten-minute timer with an alarm, so you can keep track of your whitening session.
- Universal comfort mouth tray
- Enamel-safe formula
- Medical-grade silicone
- Gum-safe design
- Easy breathe ventilation
- Some users may experience sensitivity
- May not be suitable for all types of teeth
"After years of stained teeth, this product showed visible improvement after one use. The mouthpiece is comfortable and the instructions are clear. Initially, the gel caused some gum sensitivity, but it dissipated with successive uses. Excited to continue using it."
8. Best Quick Preparation: MySmile Teeth Whitening Kit
The MySmile Teeth Whitening Kit is a professional-grade at-home whitening solution that uses carbamide peroxide as the active ingredient to remove stains effectively and brighten your teeth. This clinically tested teeth-whitening product is designed for people who want a brighter, whiter smile without the sensitivity often associated with other teeth whitening methods. Additionally, its whitener serum formula can give you two or more shades of lighter effect after the first application.
- Easy to use
- Can remove tough stains
- Long-lasting results
- Clinically proven and quick preparation
- Vegan, gluten-free, and sugar-free
- Some users may not like the taste
- May take long to see the results
"Influenced by the rave reviews online, I gave this teeth-whitening product a shot. The detailed instructions were helpful, and I noticed enhanced whiteness after four days, with minimal sensitivity. There was a slight discomfort under my tongue, but nothing major. I'll continue using this for further improvement."
9. Best With LED Light: Luelli Teeth Whitening Kit
The Luelli teeth whitening kit is an at-home teeth whitening solution that utilizes a wireless LED light and specially formulated whitening gel to effectively remove discoloration and give you a dazzling smile. The LED light comprises 32 blue-red accelerator lights, has three different whitening modes, and is entirely waterproof. This fast-acting kit is an excellent option as it takes only 16 minutes to brighten your teeth.
- Gum-safe design
- Easy breathe ventilation
- Suitable for sensitive teeth
- Enamel-safe formula
- Affordable option
- Solution may be messy to apply with the applicator
- May not provide the desired level of whitening if teeth are deeply stained
"I am pleasantly surprised with how my teeth turned multiple shades whiter in just a few days, with no sensitivity issues. The mouthpiece is comfortable and easy to use and does not cause any burn to the gums. Overall, it's a repeat purchase for me."
10. Best Flouride-Free: Active Wow 24K White Premium Teeth Whitening Kit
The Active Wow teeth whitening kit is a professional-grade at-home teeth whitening solution that utilizes carbamide peroxide as the active ingredient to effectively remove stains and brighten your teeth. This fluoride-free formula also has peppermint oil for freshness. The results-driven set contains custom molded trays, LED light, whitening solution, precision tips, and a tray case for convenient storage.
- Fast results
- Easy-to-use at home
- Long-lasting results
- Uses LED to accelerate the whitening process
- May cause slight sensitivity for some
- Trays may be a bit bulky
"I am happy with the performance and user-friendly nature of this product. The instructions could be a bit clearer, and the battery life can be short-lived, but my teeth look brighter after using it. Overall, the product was fairly efficient, and I appreciate its fluoride-free formula."
11. Best For Sensitive Gums: Dr. Diamond Complete 3D At-Home Teeth Whitening Kit
Created to offer professional-grade results, this kit includes two enamel-safe carbamide peroxide gel syringes, one LED, three vitamin E swabs, and molded trays made of premium dental-grade impression material. You need to use it for around 5 to 15 minutes per day to see visible results.
- Safe on sensitive teeth and gums
- Simple and easy-to-use
- Quick results
- Removes stubborn stains
- Tray may be difficult to mold
"I had a good experience with this teeth whitening system. Molding was a bit tricky but other than that, the kit was easy to use. There were visible improvements in my teeth's whiteness and I didn't experience any pain or sensitivity. Despite the small hiccup initially, seeing the results makes me likely to use it again."
12. Best Remineralizing: VieBeauti Teeth Whitening Kit
VieBeauti brings you this kit to whiten teeth while minimizing sensitivity with a 35% carbamide peroxide solution activated by an LED accelerator light. The kit comes with a post-treatment desensitizing gel, which remineralizes the enamel of your teeth, offers visible results, and protects you from sensitivity and tooth pain.
- Has a built-in timer
- Universal mouthpiece tray
- Plastic case for easy storage
- Detailed instructions for optimal results
- Taste of the solution may be off-putting for some
- Includes only one desensitizing gel for three whitening gels
"The desensitizing gel included in this kit is great for sensitive teeth. Results are already visible in just three uses. It is also convenient to use. Would recommend it."
13. Best For Brighter Teeth: DentaPro2000 At-Home Professional Teeth Whitening Strips
DentaPro2000’s teeth whitening kit comprises 14 whitening strips with one upper and one lower strip. You need to peel and apply for brighter teeth and a brighter smile. It has an enamel-safe formula.
- Effective in removing stains and plaque
- Provides instant results
- Safe to use on sensitive gums
- Free from stickiness
- Packaging may be difficult to remove
14. Best BPA-Free Mouth Guard: IntelliWhite Indiglow Teeth Whitening Light System
First of its kind, this at-home teeth whitening kit uses light in the indigo spectrum for teeth whitening. It can effectively remove stains of orange pigmentation. It comes with a pre-whitening paste that can clean the tooth surface and raises the pH levels. The unique design allows it to reach every tooth for better results.
- Comes with a BPA-free mouth guard
- Removes a wider range of stains
- Quick and painless experience
- Convenient to use
- Clinically tested
- May be harsh on gums
"I like using this easy-to-use teeth-whitening product while taking a relaxing break and watching television. It acts fast and doesn't make my gums ache. My teeth show a noticeable difference within a few uses."
How To Choose The Right At-Home Teeth Whitening Kit?
Keep in mind the following features while buying at-home teeth whitening kits.
- Enamel-safe: Go with whitening kits made with natural ingredients that do not adversely affect the enamel to keep your teeth healthy.
- Gum-safe: Some products may cause irritation or inflammation in gums. Opt for teeth-whitening products that are gentle on gums.
- Easy to use: Mess-free and convenient teeth whitening kits make the process easier and comfortable.
- Gluten-free: Go for at-home whitening kits that are free from gluten, parabens, and kosher.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are teeth whiteners safe to use?
Teeth whiteners based on hydrogen peroxide and carbamide peroxide are safe and effective. However, ensure you use them following the manufacturer’s instructions or consult a dental professional (1).
2. Can I whiten my teeth if they’re sensitive?
Using teeth whiteners for sensitive teeth may be tricky. So it is advisable to consult a dentist.
3. What are the possible side effects of using a teeth whitening kit?
Teeth whitening kits help brighten your teeth. However, the procedure may pose certain risks, such as tooth sensitivity, gingival irritation, surface roughening, degradation of dental restoration, and color changes (1).
4. How long does teeth whitening last?
Teeth whitening is a temporary procedure. Regular brushing helps keep the teeth clean and naturally bright.
5. What foods should I eat after teeth whitening?
You can eat fish, chicken, egg, rice, potatoes, and more after teeth whitening. Avoid foods that stain your teeth, such as coffee, chocolate, tea, dark fruits, wine, tobacco, and acidic foods.
Why Trust MomJunction?
We all wish to have bright and shiny teeth to leave a lasting impression. To help you with that, Vibha Navarathna, our in-house writer and reviewer, brings you this list of the best at-home teeth whitening kits. She has done extensive research to bring you the most suitable options available and included a buying guide to help you pick the right one for yourself. These tried-and-tested kits are safe and effective and offer long-lasting results to give you a brighter smile.
It might not always be possible to go to the dentist to get your teeth whitened. Our list of the best at-home teeth whitening kits for sensitive teeth includes various products with multiple benefits and healthy key ingredients. When choosing one that suits you, check if the whitening kit is easy to use, does not damage the tooth structure, removes tough stains, and comes with easy instructions. Also, choose a teeth-whitening product that is painless, non-sticky, and offers long-lasting results.
Infographic: Do and Don’ts After Teeth Whitening
After teeth whitening, following proper post-care guidelines is crucial to maintain the results. From avoiding certain foods and beverages to practicing good oral hygiene, knowing the dos and don’ts can help you make the most of your teeth whitening treatment. Explore the infographic below to learn the essential tips for maintaining a vibrant smile after teeth whitening.
- Tooth Whitening: What We Now Know