If you suffer from severe fungal infections on your feet, we bring you our list of the best athlete’s foot treatments to help you. Athletes’ foot is an infection that makes the feet dry, itchy, and flaky. It occurs in individuals who have sweaty feet. You may also get blisters on your feet, and the skin may peel off. We have compiled a list of effective treatments that work on blisters, peeling skin, and discolored toenails to help you. However, we recommend consulting your doctor first before using these products.
Our Top Picks
14 Best Athlete’s Foot Treatments
1. Best Non-Steroidal: EmuaidMAX Ointment
The fast-acting ointment is an all-natural blend of Bacillus ferment, tea tree oil, and vitamin E, which fights against all types of infections and provides immediate relief. The ointment penetrates deep into the skin, including the nails, and its therapeutic properties can fight infection, pain, and inflammation. The calming formula shows effect within 24 hours after use.
- Safe homeopathic medicine
- Eliminates 99.99% of bacteria
- First aid ointment against 100+ skin infections
2. Best Chemical-Free: Tea Tree Oil Foot Soak
This foot treatment product contains Dead Sea salt, MSM, cajeput, eucalyptus, Epsom salt, tea tree, and peppermint to relieve severe infections effectively. The unique blend helps reduce fungal infections, blisters, rashes, and sore skin. The cruelty-free foot soak helps eliminate foot odors.
- Free of chemicals, preservatives, and fillers
- An exquisite blend of seven natural oils
- Hydrates sore and rough calluses
- Naturally battles fungus
3. Best Organic: Truremedy Remedy Foot Soak
Truremedy Remedy Foot Soak is enriched with organic oils and mineral salts that make you feel fresh and the skin healthy. The blend of Epsom salt, tea tree oil, and seal salt removes foot odor, toenail odor, athlete’s foot, and stubborn skin issues. This foot soak effectively soothes aching and tired feet.
- Contains natural ingredients
- Deodorize smelly feet
- Softens stubborn calluses
4. Best Non-Greasy Texture: Bioveco Antifungal Cream
The scientifically-based infection and antifungal cream can relieve stubborn skin blisters and infections. The topical medication recommended by doctors can immediately relieve skin cracks, peeling, and scaly skin. It contains aloe vera, licorice extract, grapefruit seed extract, turmeric, and apple cider vinegar to provide the care your skin needs.
- 100% organic ingredients
- Safe and free from side effects
- Non-greasy texture
- Satisfaction guarantee
5. Best Antifungal Medication: Purely-Northwest Antifungal Foot and Toenail Kit
The natural three-part antifungal foot and toenail kit includes natural herbs, such as oregano, rosemary, eucalyptus, peppermint, cajeput, and camphor. The antifungal medicine leaves your nail hydrated, clean, and healthy and prevents foot odor.
- All-natural antifungal medication
- Effective on discolored nails
- Combination of Epsom salt, sea salt, and MSM
- Safe for children
6. Best Odorless: Lotrimin Ultra Prescription Strength
Lotrimin is infused with the powerful Butenafine Hydrochloride, which can effectively help relieve itching, burning, and cracked skin. The topical medication can reduce fungal skin infections and tinea pedis causing fungus. Use it for a week to treat ringworms and jock itch.
- Non-staining cream
- Safe for children over 12
7. Best Dermatologically Recommended: Zeasorb Antifungal Powder Treatment
Zeasorb’s antifungal powder treatment has 2% of miconazole nitrate that prevents fungi growth. The dermatologically recommended absorbent powder helps relieve itching, burning, and scaling. It can effectively inhibit the fungi that cause itching and redness.
- Pack contains three items
- Effectively treats fungal infections
- Prevents regrowth of fungus
- Heals the skin in minimal time
8. Best Gluten-Free: Truremedy Naturals Remedy Tea Tree Oil Balm
The high-quality natural remedy balm contains tea tree, eucalyptus, and lavender essential oils, which can relieve serious infections, athlete’s foot, jock itch, eczema, and ringworm. The therapeutic cream rejuvenates your skin and repairs itchiness and skin’s redness. The product is suitable for all skin types and is an excellent solution to reduce skin discomfort.
- An organic blend of Omega 3, 6, 7, and 9
- Enriched with vitamins C and E
- Contains no preservatives
9. Best Anti-Inflammatory: Ebanel Antifungal Treatment
The antifungal medication is rich in miconazole, undecylenic acid, and essential oils such as oregano, lemongrass, and manuka. It effectively kills fungus, treats skin blisters, jock itch, and ringworm. The mild exfoliant is clinically approved and provides deep penetration to your skin, and cleans the damaged skin. The product has a refreshing aroma and can be used twice a day.
- Infused with salicylic acid, retinol, and botanical oils
- Penetrates with liposomal technology
- Safe for kids
- Enriched with natural anti-inflammatory oils
10. Best Nourishing: Foot Cure Tea Tree Oil Foot Soak with Epsom Salt
This mild product is a blend of Epsom salts, pure Dead Sea salts, tea tree oil, peppermint, eucalyptus, cajuput, camphor, rosemary, lavender, and other essential oils. The foot soak is the ultimate solution for tired, painful, itchy feet and severe infections. It can also soften the rough calluses.
- Enriched with organic ingredients
- 100% money-back guarantee
- Nourishes and hydrates rough skin
- Therapeutic foot soak
Love Lori’s antifungal medication can resist foot bacteria and fungi. The product has rich antifungal and antiseptic properties, helps fight against foot fungus, and relieves pain and discomfort. The soothing combination of tea tree oil, rose oil, and lavender oil can heal your dry and itchy feet, calluses, and nails in a short time.
- Reduces inflammation
- Fights against odor
- Enhances healing process
- Money-back guarantee
Viking Revolution antifungal cream contains extra strength tea tree oil and ideal for various skin conditions. The all-natural topical medication can relieve toenail fungus, athlete’s foot, and jock itch and can moisturize the skin and keep it nourished at all times. The product also reduces foot odor and dry skin.
- Excellent blend of vitamin E and aloe vera
- Contains glycerine
- Stops the infection from spreading
- Fresh and clean scent
The all-natural tea tree body wash is a gentle blend of plant-based essential oils, such as aloe vera, plum seed oil, rosemary leaf, camphor oil, and peppermint oil. You can use the mild cleanser daily to help remove dirt build-up and body odor. The body wash can moisturize the skin’s deep layers and relieve irritation.
- A soft and balanced formula
- Suitable for both men and women
- Cleans clogged pores and acne as well
- Free of parabens, chemicals, and synthetic fragrances
Silka antifungal cream is an advanced enriched with 1% terbinafine HCI, which can heal athlete’s foot infection and other allergies. The complete prescription formula is a one-week treatment that will give you immediate relief from the first use. The cream relieves fungal infection, dry, patchy, and scaly skin.
- Treats tinea pedis, tinea cruris, and tinea corporis
- An advanced seven-day formula
- Helpful in preventing regrowth of fungus
- Clinically tested and proven
How To Choose The Right Treatment For Athlete’s Foot?
Athlete’s foot is a painful condition, which requires the right treatment. However, before buying the proper treatment to fight an athlete’s foot, consider the following crucial factors.
- Multipurpose: Athlete’s feet can easily cause other problems, such as pain, discomfort, dryness, and patchy skin. Choose a topical medication that can relieve all these symptoms.
- Ingredients: Choose an antifungal/antibacterial cream or powder, which contains organic and natural ingredients, such as aloe vera, peppermint, camphor oil, and other essential oils.
- Free of chemicals: Choose a foot cream that does not contain chemicals, parabens, dyes, and synthetics. This ensures enhanced safety to prevent potential side effects.
- Fragrance: Choose a product with a mild and soothing fragrance.
Enduring the pain and ache caused by an athlete’s foot can weaken your spirit and dampen your mood. You can choose from our list of the 14 best over-the-counter treatments that can help you get permanent relief from an athlete’s foot and restore your beautiful and soft feet.
Choosing the best athlete’s foot treatment for fungal infections can be a daunting task since there are multiple ways to treat it. First, you should look at the ingredients to pick one that works best for you. A cream or soak with natural ingredients bears the goodness of nature and is safe to use. Ingredients like camphor and aloe vera help heal fungal infections fast and effectively. So, if you are struggling with athlete’s foot for the first time and are looking for ways to treat it, we recommend taking the help of a doctor or medical professional to select the best treatment.
Why Trust MomJunction?
If you have dry skin, you may be susceptible to infections such as an athlete’s foot. After skimming through various trusted websites, we have compiled this list of some of the best athlete’s foot treatments. To further help you choose the right treatment, we have listed some vital factors to consider before purchasing the most-suited one for your skin. These treatments are chosen after extensive research, analyses, and comparison of various products to ensure quality and effectiveness.