Make your baby’s bath time comfortable and enjoyable with our list of the best baby bath thermometers. Compliant with all the safety standards, these thermometers can effectively inform you whether your baby’s bathwater is at the right temperature or not. After all, everything you do as a parent is to make sure they have a safe environment to grow up in.
Drawing a bath using a bath thermometer lets you ensure your child’s comfort as water that’s too hot or too cold can damage your baby’s skin and overall bathing experience. So, take a look at the bath thermometers listed below to choose one that suits your requirements.
11 Best Baby Bath Thermometers
The Philips bath and room thermometer can be used to monitor room and water temperature with its digital display. The baby bath thermometer is safe for babies of any age. You can keep it in your baby’s room or float it in the bath.
- Can be used to check both room and water temperature
- Safe for babies of any age
- Fast and accurate digital display
- Doesn’t feature battery save mode
- Slightly expensive
Next on our list of best baby bath thermometers is the duck thermometer from B&H. The exquisite appearance of the thermometer makes it attractive for the babies. When placed in water, it automatically starts displaying from zero.
- Can switch between Fahrenheit and Celsius
- Flashes green light or “COLD” when the water temperature is below 35 degrees
- Flashes red light when the water temperature is higher than 39 degrees
- BPA free
- Works as a clock with audible beeping function
- May cause a slight delay in displaying the accurate result
This baby bath thermometer comes in a cute duck design and adds a fun element to your baby’s bath time. The thermometer is BPA-free and adheres to EN71 standards. The thermometer spontaneously shuts off after half an hour to help preserve the battery life.
- The digital reading gets updated every 10 seconds
- Comes with a red and green indicator for too hot or too cold
- Shows temperature in Fahrenheit and Celsius
- Attractive design
- Does not feature timing function
This cute baby thermometer is a great pick in our list of the best baby bath thermometers. It can be used as an indoor thermometer and a bath thermometer.
- Features smart color warning with LED background-color
- Can be used as a clock
- Features a countdown timer
- Has a long-lasting battery life of a minimum of six months
- No blunt edges in the design
- Might take some time to figure out the settings
One of the best baby bath thermometers, it provides accurate bath and air temperature in just one minute. This floating baby bath thermometer is brought to you by Mothermed and is made using BPA-free material and features a sealed built-in battery.
- Flashes red light for hot and displays “COLD” for low temperature
- Temperature-tested and waterproof
- Can be activated with a shake
- The device automatically turns off after 30 minutes
- Simple design
- Doesn’t display temperature in celsius
This turtlemeter from Ozeri is one of the best bath thermometers you can get your hands on. The innovative design of the thermometer will be a favorite among your little ones. The turtlemeter displays the water temperature in three varied digital colors for ease of use.
- It is fully submersible
- Instant display of water temperature in Fahrenheit
- Impressive design
- Complies to Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act
- Requires 3 batteries to operate
- Slightly expensive
The Ozeri duckymeter comes with an easy-to-read LCD that displays the temperature of the water every second. The floating baby bath thermometer features a sleek design with zero switches or annoying buttons.
- Displays temperature along with three screen colors
- Updates water temperature every second
- Floats naturally in the tub and can be fully submerged
- Doesn’t display temperature in Celsius
This bath toy from Acculove doubles up as a bath thermometer, making it one of the best baby bath thermometers available in the market. It comes in a super cute fish shape that is easy for your little one to grab. The thermometer features accurate temperature measurements every 5 seconds on an LCD screen.
- Can be activated instantly with a shake
- Made using soft environmental substance
- Has a battery lifespan of a year
- Displays temperature only in Fahrenheit
This baby bath thermometer from Famidoc activates automatically as soon as you place it in the water. The thermometer has no on or off buttons and can be activated by shaking as well.
- Features low and high-temperature alarm
- Can be used as bath and room thermometer
- Reliable and waterproof material
- Displays temperature in Fahrenheit in real-time
- Saves battery life by shutting down automatically after 30 minutes
- No temperature display in Celsius
With the floating whale baby thermometer, you will never have to guess if your baby’s bath is too hot or too cold. It provides accurate information on water temperature within 2 seconds and can be the perfect playmate for your baby.
- Adorable and versatile design
- Displays temperature within seconds
- Flashes if the water is too hot or too cold
- Made with BPA-free material
- Sealed built-in battery
- Displays temperature only in Fahrenheit
This audible thermometer from Aquatopia makes it to our list of the best baby bath thermometers for its innovative hands-free feature. The thermometer automatically activates when placed in water and shuts down when taken off.
- Audible alarm sets off when water is too hot or cold
- Constantly monitors water temperature
- Compliant with all safety standards
- Cute hippo design
- Features safe battery compartment
- Doesn’t feature clock function
Important Safety Tips
Here are a few important safety tips that you should take into account before buying a baby bath thermometer:
- Make sure that the baby bath thermometer is compliant with safety standards such as the ones put forth by the Consumer Safety Product Improvement Act.
- The thermometer should be made of soft and reliable material with no hard or rough edges that can potentially harm your baby.
- It should preferably be made using BPA-free material as your child can chew or attempt to put it in their mouth.
- Make sure that the battery compartment of the thermometer is safe and not easily accessible to babies.
What Temperature Is Safe For A Baby’s Bath?
The temperature of the water plays an important role as to why babies detest bath time. Lying naked in water that is either too hot or too cold can make them feel extremely uncomfortable. Hence, it is important to make sure that the water is warm, but not too hot for your little one. The optimum temperature for a baby’s bathwater should be around 37 to 38 degrees Celsius.
How Do You Use A Baby Bath Thermometer?
Most baby bath thermometers will either have an on/off button or switch that can be used to activate the device. However, some devices also come with a hands-free feature where you simply have to shake the thermometer or place it in water to turn it on. Once it is activated, check the LCD display to find out the temperature reading to make sure that the water temperature is just right for your baby’s bath.
[ Read : CHICCO Baby Digital Thermometer Instructions ]
How To Choose The Right Baby Bath Thermometer?
Several factors have to be taken into account before you invest your money in a baby bath thermometer. Though purchasing a thermometer partially comes down to personal choice, factors such as ease of use, design, and the features of the product will help in making an informed decision.
- It’s important to decide if you want a thermometer that would just record the water temperature or would prefer one which can take readings of room temperature.
- Certain devices also come with other additional features such as clock display and countdown timer.
- Another important factor is if the temperature displays are shown in Celsius or Fahrenheit.
- Lastly, it’s best to go for a device that offers good battery life, has a built-in battery, or features an automatic shut-down to preserve battery consumption.
Bath time doesn’t have to be stressful for mommies. It can easily be turned into a wonderful bonding experience if you have the right gadget by your side. Pick a product from the above list that catches your eye so you never have to worry or spend your time guessing the temperature of your baby’s bath ever again!