Make your baby’s bath time comfortable and enjoyable with the best baby bath thermometers listed here. Compliant with safety standards, these safe and effective thermometers can inform you whether your baby’s bathwater is at the right temperature or not. After all, parenting is all about making sure your baby has a safe environment to grow up in.
Measuring the bath water using a bath thermometer ensures the water temperature is appropriate for your child and eases your mind. Check out our selection of some tried-and-tested bath thermometers that you should consider purchasing if you use a baby bathtub or sink.
11 Best Baby Bath Thermometers To Measure The Right Temperature, 2023
1. Best Dual-Use Digital:Philips Avent SCH550/20 Bath And Room Thermometer
The Philips bath and room thermometer can be used to monitor room and water temperature with its digital display. The baby bath thermometer is safe for babies of any age. You can keep it in your baby’s room or float it in the bath. This review video offers a more detailed explanation of this baby bathtub thermometer.
- Can be used to check both room and water temperature
- Safe for babies of any age
- Fast and accurate reading
- Digital display type
- Doesn’t feature battery save mode
- Slightly expensive
2. Best Attractive Design:B&H Baby Bath Thermometer
Next on our list of best baby bath thermometers is the duck thermometer from B&H. The exquisite appearance and fun design of the thermometer makes it attractive for the babies. When placed in water, it automatically starts displaying from zero.
- Can switch between Fahrenheit and Celsius
- Flashes green light or “COLD” when the water temperature is below 35 degrees
- Flashes red light when the water temperature is higher than 39 degrees
- BPA free
- Works as a clock with an audible beeping function
- May cause a slight delay in displaying results
3. Best Fun Duck Design:Dream baby Room and Bath Thermometer – Yellow Duck
This baby bath thermometer comes in a cute duck design and adds a fun element to your baby’s shower time. The thermometer is BPA-free and adheres to EN71 standards. The thermometer spontaneously shuts off after half an hour to help preserve the battery life. You may check out this review video for a better understanding of this product.
- Digital reading gets updated every ten seconds
- Comes with a red and green indicator for too hot or too cold
- Shows temperature in Fahrenheit and Celsius
- Attractive design and style
- Does not feature timing function
Philips AVENT SCH550/20 Bath And Room Thermometer
B&H Baby Bath Thermometer
Dream baby Room and Bath Thermometer - Yellow Duck
|Color||Blue||Winking Duck||Yellow Duck|
|Weight||4.9 ounces||4.8 ounces||-|
|Dimensions||3.15 x 3.15 x 3.74 inches||-||5.79 x 12.2 x 12.72 inches|
|Batteries||-||2 LR44 batteries required||2 LR44 batteries required|
|Number of Batteries||-||2 LR44 batteries required||-|
4. Best Trusted By Parents:Baby Elf Baby Thermometer – Baby Bath and Room Thermometer
This cute baby thermometer is a great pick in our list of the best baby bath thermometers. It can be used as an indoor thermometer and a bath thermometer and is a trusted choice of parents.
- Features smart color warning with LED screen
- Can be used as a clock
- Features a countdown timer
- Has a long-lasting battery life of a minimum of six months
- No blunt edges in the design
- Might take some time to figure out the settings
5. Best Floatable:Angelcare Happy Seal Baby Bath & Room Thermometer
The Happy Seal Baby Bath & Room Thermometer by Angelcare is delightful and accurate. It consistently displays the temperature while staying afloat without tipping over. The baby bath temperature thermometer sits upright on a hard surface, and its automatic turn-off feature turns off the thermometer after 30 minutes of inactivity.
- Appropriate size
- Battery-saving mode
- High-temperature alert
- Includes battery
- Features a fun design
- Temperature indicators may flash only in water
- May take long to read the bath temperature
6. Best Turtlemeter Display:Ozeri Turtlemeter, Floating Turtle Toy And Bath Tub Thermometer
This turtlemeter from Ozeri is one of the best bath thermometers you can get your hands on. The innovative design of the safe and effective thermometer makes it a favorite among little ones. The turtlemeter displays the water temperature in three varied digital colors for ease of use.
- It is fully submersible
- Instant display of water temperature in Fahrenheit
- Impressive design
- Complies with Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act guidelines
- Requires three batteries to operate
- Slightly expensive
7. Best Waterproof:Aycorn Digital Baby Bath Thermometer
The Aycorn Digital Baby Bath Thermometer is a cute, bright crab that fits well in a baby’s hand. Its LED display allows continuous and easy monitoring of the bath water temperature. Tap it lightly on the hard surface to get it working. The device displays ‘COLD’ or ‘HOT,’ depending on the temperature. The safe and effective thermometer updates every five seconds and has a sealing ring to secure the battery.
- Non-toxic and BPA free
- Red light flashes when the temperature is high
- Device adheres to the US Safety Specifications
- Does not contain mercury
- Waterproof body
- Affordable bath thermometer
- Auto on/off may take an hour which may drain the battery faster
- Only the Fahrenheit option is available
8. Best For Easy Monitoring:Acculove Yellow Fish Baby Bath Thermometer
This bath toy from Acculove doubles up as a bath thermometer, making it one of the best baby bath thermometers available in the market. It comes in a super cute fish shape that is easy for your little one to grab. The thermometer provides accurate temperature measurements every five seconds on an LCD screen.
- Can be activated instantly with a shake
- Made using soft environmental substance
- Has a battery lifespan of a year
- Displays temperature only in Fahrenheit
9. Best Hassle-Free:Famidoc Baby Bath Electronic Thermometer
The infant bath thermometer from Famidoc activates automatically as soon as you place it in the water. This baby bath thermometer option has no on or off buttons and can be activated by shaking.
- Features low and high-temperature alarm
- Can be used as bath and room thermometer
- Reliable material and waterproof body
- Displays temperature in Fahrenheit in real-time
- Saves battery life by shutting down automatically after 30 minutes
- No temperature display in Celsius
10. Best Engaging:Elepho eFloat Digital Baby Thermometer For Bathtub
The Elepho eFloat Digital Baby Thermometer is designed as an attractive toy to keep the baby engaged during bathtime. It is made from safe materials and complies with toy and safety standards. With a blue flash for cold temperature and a red flash for hot, you can tell the same with a glance. This baby-friendly and trusted thermometer floats on water while updating the temperature every five seconds.
- Measures in both Fahrenheit and Celsius
- Easy-read LCD screen
- Automatically shuts off after 30 minutes
- Battery-replacement indicator
- Included battery may quickly die
- Battery may need to be reinserted during use
11. Best Stress-Free:Aquatopia Safety Bath Time Audible Thermometer
This audible thermometer from Aquatopia makes it to our list of the best baby bath thermometers for its innovative hands-free feature. The baby-safe thermometer is known for its proven performance–it automatically activates when placed in water and shuts down when taken out.
- Audible alarm sets off when water is too hot or cold
- Constantly monitors water temperature
- Compliant with all safety standards
- Cute hippo design
- Features safe battery compartment
- Doesn’t feature clock function
Important Safety Tips
Here are a few important safety tips that you should take into account before buying a baby bath thermometer:
- Make sure that the baby bath thermometer is compliant with safety standards such as the ones put forth by the Consumer Safety Product Improvement Act.
- The thermometer should be made of soft and reliable material with no hard or rough edges that can potentially harm your baby.
- It should preferably be made using BPA-free material for your child’s safety and hygiene, as they can chew or attempt to put it in their mouth.
- Make sure that the battery compartment of the thermometer is safe and not easily accessible to babies.
What Temperature Is Safe For A Baby’s Bath?
The temperature of the water plays an important role as to why babies detest bath time. Lying naked in water that is either too hot or too cold can make them feel extremely uncomfortable. Hence, it is important to test the water and make sure it is of the ideal temperature and not too hot for your little one. The optimum temperature for a baby’s bathwater should be around 98.6- to 100.4-degree Fahrenheit (37- to 38-degree Celsius).
How Do You Use A Baby Bath Thermometer?
Most baby bath thermometers will either have an on/off button or switch that can be used to activate the device. However, some devices also come with a hands-free feature where you simply have to shake the thermometer or place it in water to turn it on. Once it is activated, check the LCD display to find out the temperature reading to make sure that the water temperature is just right for your baby’s bath.
[ Read : CHICCO Baby Digital Thermometer Instructions ]
How To Choose The Right Baby Bath Thermometer?
Several factors have to be taken into account before you invest your money in a baby bath thermometer. Though purchasing a thermometer partially comes down to personal choice, considering factors such as ease of use, design, and the key features of the product will help in making an informed decision.
- It’s important to decide if you want a thermometer that would just record the water temperature or would prefer one which also reads room temperature.
- Certain devices also come with other additional features such as clock display and countdown timer.
- Decide if the temperature displays should be shown in Celsius or Fahrenheit.
- Lastly, it’s best to go for a device that offers good battery life, has a built-in battery, or features an automatic shut-down function to preserve battery.
Kristina Tinsley, a mommy influencer and mom of three, says, “Being a parent comes with great responsibility to keep your little one safe. A bath thermometer can ease your worries and ensure your little one’s bath is right for them. And besides using a bath thermometer, ensure you check the water with your wrist and elbow and mix the bath water well.”
Why Trust MomJunction?
Choosing an efficient baby bath thermometer can be a tricky task. To help you make an informed decision, Vibha Navarathna, our in-house writer and reviewer of baby products, brings you a list of the best baby bath thermometers from trusted brands. She has listed the pros and cons of each product after thorough research to help you find trusted products that best suit your preferences and requirements. Further, she has also included a buying guide for your reference.
Help your child have a relaxing bath as bath thermometers are here to save the day by accurately detecting water temperature. Choose ones made from BPA-free materials that are rounded and safe, so they do not accidently harm your baby’s gentle skin. Besides the points mentioned above, you can also choose between thermometers that record the water temperature and those that also record room temperature. If you want additional features, purchase devices that include clock displays and countdown timers for your convenience.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is a baby bath thermometer necessary?
A baby bath thermometer helps you check the right temperature of bathing water, thus protecting your baby from burns.
2. Can I use an infrared thermometer to measure bath water?
No, you should never use an infrared thermometer to measure bath water, as it can measure only the surface temperature and not the water temperature.
3. How deep should my baby’s bath water be?
Your baby’s bathing water should be about two inches deep. Ensure it doesn’t exceed the hips, and never leave your baby unattended in a baby bathtub or sink.
4. Is 102 ℉ too hot for a baby bath?
Yes, it is too hot for the baby. The ideal temperature for a baby’s bath water is 100 ℉ (37 °C) to ensure a comfortable bath and a happy baby. You can also use your elbow to test if the water is hot or cold (1).
5. How do I know if my baby’s bath water is cold?
Check the temperature of the water using a bath thermometer or do an elbow test. Ensure the water is neither too hot nor too cold.
Help your child have a relaxing bath as bath thermometers are here to save the day by accurately detecting water temperature. Choose ones made from BPA-free materials that are rounded and safe, like the B&H Baby Bath Thermometer, so they do not accidentally harm your baby’s gentle skin. Also, pick ones made per safety standards, like the Dream Baby Room and Bath Thermometer. Besides the points mentioned above, you can also choose between thermometers that record the water temperature and those that also record room temperature, like the Famidoc Baby Bath Electronic Thermometer. If you want additional features, purchase the best baby bath thermometers with clock displays and countdown timers for your convenience.
Infographic: How To Bathe A Baby?
Babies should be bathed regularly with warm water to eliminate infection-causing germs. Parents must focus on various things, from using suitable hygiene products to knowing the correct cleaning procedure. So, check out the infographic below to learn how to bathe a child.