A baby bathtub is a convenient and safe space for bathing your little one. It is ergonomically designed to support your baby’s back, arms, and head. Some tubs also come with a slider that helps hold newborn babies in an inclined position.
Once your baby becomes a toddler, they can sit inside the tub and have fun splashing and playing with the water. So, if you are a new mom or have an active toddler, a bathtub could make bath time easy for you and fun for your baby. However, you should be careful while choosing an appropriate bathtub for your little one. Here is a post on some of the best baby bathtubs in India to help you make the right choice.
Before looking at the list, here are a few safety tips to follow while using a bathtub for your baby.
Safety Tips To Follow While Using A Bathtub
No doubt, a baby bathtub makes it convenient to bathe your baby. However, you need to follow the below tips for the safety of your baby.
- Never fill the water above the water level indicator; if there is no indicator, then fill water to about three to four inches of the tub level.
- Never leave the baby unsupervised in the bathtub.
- Always test the water temperature with your elbow before placing your baby in the water.
- Ensure the slider is securely fixed to the bathtub, and your baby is seated safely in it.
- Always clean the bathtub and dry it to prevent the growth of fungus and bacteria.
Types Of Baby Bathtubs
Before choosing a baby bathtub, you should know the various types available in the market. Differentiate between them and choose one that meets your requirements.
- Bathtubs with sliders: These are multipurpose and grow with your baby. They come with a slider to support the newborn baby in an inclined position. Generally, this slider is removable, and the bathtub can be used to bathe your toddler.
- Spa bathtubs: These are expensive and come with luxurious features such as a showerhead, water jets, and bubble baths.
- Foldable bathtubs: Convenient for use while traveling, these bathtubs are lightweight and can be folded to save space.
- Inflated bathtubs: These work great for outdoors or as a second bathtub. They are usually made of PVC material and need to be inflated.
11 Best Baby Bathtubs In India
The Sunbaby bathtub comes with a bather slide that can be removed once your baby learns to sit. The bather slide sits securely in the bathtub with the help of a handle and suction cups. All the parts of this bathtub are made of BPA-free plastic. The bathtub is ergonomically designed with anti-slip armrests to keep your baby safe while bathing. The bathtub measures 79 x 48 x 22cm, and the sling measures 61 x 31.5 x 18 cm. It is recommended for babies from birth to 24 months.
- Removable bather slide with a universal fit
- Slip-resistant armrests
- Anti-slip grip with suction for the bather slide
- Broad sides and a foot support
- Anti-slip back support with an embossed fish design for the bather slide
- Non-slip base
- Built-in soap case and drainage hole
- Water-level indicator
- Suction cups may fail after sometime
- Water may not drain out easily
This simple, lightweight, and ergonomically designed bathtub is spacious enough for your baby to sit and splash water. It is made of high-quality, toxin-free plastic. The base of the bathtub has a rugged surface and does not let the baby slip off easily. All the edges of the bathtub are smooth for the safety of your baby. The 82 x 49 x 21cm bathtub is available in four different colors and is recommended for babies aged six months and above and weighing up to 12kg.
- Durable and lightweight
- Made of non-toxic plastic
- Soft, curved edges for safety
- Anti-slip base
- Drain plug
- Two built-in soap cases
- Anti-slip rugged surface might be harsh on the baby’s skin
- Water may not drain out quickly from the drain plug
[ Read : LuvLap Anti-slip Bathtub Review ]
Looking for a baby bathtub that grows with your baby? Try this multistage bathtub from Baybee. It comes with two bathing positions, where you can put your baby aged up to six months in a reclining position and then make them sit once they cross six months. This bathtub is spacious and measures 91 x 53 x 25cm. It has a unique contoured shape that supports the back, arms, and legs.
- Grows with the baby
- Two bathing positions
- Made of non-toxic PP material
- Stable and sturdy base
- Contoured shape supports back and arms, and prevents slipping
- Drainage hole
- Tub might not be very stable on smooth floors
- May not suit newborn babies
This is another cool baby bathtub from Baybee. With dimensions of 80 x 50 x 22cm, this is spacious and can be used for babies from birth to 36 months. The slip-resistant armrests, smooth edges, sturdy base, and anti-slip insert mat make it safe for the baby. It is made of premium BPA-free polypropylene, which is considered safe for newborns.
This baby bathtub grows with your baby; once your baby is old enough to sit, you can remove the insert mat and let them enjoy playing in the spacious tub. The insert mat is available in 19 different colors.
- Attractive gender-neutral design
- Spacious and slip-resistant
- Anti-slip, removable insert mat
- Rounded edges for safety
- Water may not drain effectively
- Insert mat may not be stable
If you think your baby needs the best, and want to give them a luxurious spa experience, try this baby bathtub from Summer Infant Store. The bathtub comes with a deluxe newborn sling, with a plush bolster to support and keep your baby safe while bathing. Motorized jets with three modes create vibrations, bubbles, and whirlpools to give your baby the ultimate spa experience. The removable shower unit has an ergonomically designed shower handle that is easy to hold and comes with a one-touch on/off switch. You can choose between blue and pink.
- Deluxe, plush sling to support newborns
- Removable shower unit
- Ergonomic shower handle
- Bubbling spa mode
- Modern and sleek design
- Needs batteries
- Force of the water from the shower cannot be regulated
The Intime inflatable bathtub could make a perfect second tub or a bathtub if you decide to bathe your baby in your backyard. It measures 98 x 65 x 28cm and is ergonomically designed to keep your baby comfortable. The anti-slip bottom prevents the baby from slipping off, and the all-around raised section, along with the 45° raised headrest, supports your baby’s legs and head. This bathtub is made of soft, flexible PVC material and comes with individual gas chambers with tightly secured seams.
- Lightweight and foldable
- Head and leg support
- Big-sized drain plug
- Storage pouch for shower gel or shampoo
- Includes an inflation pump
- Plastic rope for easy drying
- Waterline indicator
- Size could be small for some
- Quality of the Inflation pump may not be up to the mark
Shower love and care to your little one by gifting them this baby bathtub. The FWQPRA bathtub is designed to support and keep your baby comfortable while having a bath. It comes with a removable slider that helps lay your baby in the recline position. The bathtub has an anti-slip bottom and armrests. It measures 79 x 48 x 22cm and is suitable for babies from birth to 24 months.
- Anti-slip suction base
- Can be used for newborns and toddlers
- Water-level indicator
- Slider supports the legs and head
- Anti-slip armrests
- Ergonomic design
- Built-in soapboxes
- May not drain out water quickly
The R for Rabbit baby bathtub features an innovative design that makes the bathtub ideal for babies aged up to three years. The base of this bathtub can be folded for easy storage, reclined for bathing newborns, and can be unfolded for toddlers to sit and take a bath. The base of the bathtub comes with foldable legs with rubber grips. The unfolded dimensions are 84 x 50 x 22 cm. You can choose from the three colors available.
- Grows with your baby
- Can be folded for easy storage
- Temperature-sensitive plug that changes color if the water is hot
- Compact and easy to carry
- Anti-slip matte design
- May not be very stable in the inclined position
- Temperature-sensitive plug might not work after extended use
If you are looking for a simple baby bathtub, then go for this one by My Giraffe. It measures 70 x 42 x 16cm and has an inbuilt slant design to bathe newborns. The tub is made of durable and non-toxic plastic and is spacious enough for a toddler. The base of the tub is rugged to prevent the baby from slipping, and the body contains smooth edges for safety. It is recommended for babies aged up to 24 months.
- Simple design
- Slant position for supporting newborns
- Anti-slip bottom
- Spacious and grows with your baby
- Made of non-toxic plastic
- Lacks a drain plug
If space is a constraint, then this foldable baby bathtub could be the right one for you. It is designed to grow with your baby as the reclined slider can be removed and used as a large tub. It has an inflatable base that is soft and cushiony and an anti-skid vinyl bottom. The whole bathtub can be folded into half and stored away.
- Compact and lightweight
- Foldable design
- Removable slider for newborns
- Grows with your baby
- Inflatable, cushiony base
- Strong leg support
- Center folding part may have sharp edges
- Immovable inflatable base
This is another simple and durable baby bathtub recommended for babies from birth to 24 months. You can bathe your baby in two positions—newborns can be placed in a reclined position, and toddlers can be bathed by making them sit in the tub. It measures 79 x 47 x 20cm and comes with safety features like anatomical shape with supports for forearms and legs. The bottom has ridges to prevent the baby from slipping. There are six colors to choose from.
- Two bathing positions
- Sturdy construction
- Anatomical shape with safety supports
- Easy to clean
- Two compartments for storing soaps and toys
- No drainage hole at the base
How To Choose The Right Bathtubs In India?
You should look at certain aspects while buying a baby bathtub as it will be used for your precious little one. Here are a few points that can help you find the right bathtub.
- Safety: This is one of the first aspects to consider. Always look for a bathtub that has a sturdy and anti-slip bottom. If the bathtub has features to support the arms and head, then it is an added advantage.
- Size: Pick the right size for your baby. If the tub is too small, your baby might feel cramped, and if it is too big, they may slide into the water. Some baby bathtubs are spacious and come with a slider; these models can be used for newborns and toddlers.
- Material: Most bathtubs are made of plastic and vinyl. Check the labels to make sure they are made of chemical-free plastic.
- Additional features: Other features like drainage plug, smooth rims, water level indicators, and soap compartments may add to the convenience of using a bathtub.
[ Read : Okbaby Onda Evolution Baby Bath Tub Review ]
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When can I put my baby in the bathtub?
Once your baby’s umbilical area is healed, you may prefer to use a bathtub for bathing your baby. However, not all babies are the same, so it is best to consult your doctor before putting your baby in a bathtub.
2. How can I disinfect my baby’s bathtub?
Place your baby bathtub in the adult bathtub, fill it with hot water, and then add two to three cups of vinegar. Allow it to soak for five to ten minutes, rinse it, and wipe it clean with a dry cloth.
We hope our list of best baby bathtubs in India helps you find the perfect bathtub for your baby. If you are a new mom, then a baby bathtub might give you an extra hand to bathe your little one. Do note that no matter how good the bathtub, you must exercise caution while bathing a baby.