It is summer time! And this is your chance to head to the beach and introduce your baby to the water.
Summers at the beach can be fun when you and your baby have the perfect beach accessories. While a bottle of sunscreen is likely to top the list, it may not be enough to protect your baby from the scorching heat. What you need, besides a sunscreen, is a beach tent that provides ample shade for the baby.
Top Products From Our List
11 Best Baby Beach Tents
A large tent with spacious interiors, Zomake’s tent is an excellent choice when you need to accommodate around four people, including the baby.
- There is adequate room inside for the baby and the other kids and parents as well. The top window of the tent can be opened for ventilation.
- It features UPF 50+ coating for protection against ultraviolet rays.
- The tent’s material is also water-resistant and can withstand contact with sea water at the beach.
- It has a pop-up style design and folds into a compact sized pack. It ships with a carry bag to store and carry the tent.
- The large frame of the tent can make it difficult to collapse and may require some extra effort to fold.
The Pacific Breeze tent provides plenty of space and shade to keep the baby protected for an extended duration.
- The tent is made from breathable polyester, which allows ventilation. The material is water-resistant and features UPF 50+ protection.
- It has sand pockets at the base – fill the pockets with sand to add weight to the tent and keep it stable. You also get anchoring pegs.
- There are pockets within the tent to store items. The manufacturer ships the tent with a carry bag.
- There is no front cover on the tent, which means one side is always open and can let in the sand and other things from the beach.
This tent from Sunba is ideal for parents who dislike spending a lot of time in opening and installing a tent.
- The pop-up function is fast. Remove the tent from the bag, and it pops open immediately.
- The floor mat of the tent is extendable. It expands the available play area and also creates that extra space for the parents to stretch out their legs.
- The tent has a UPF 50+ layer and is well-ventilated.
- It will take some practice to learn how to collapse and fold this tent correctly.
The Lil Nursery Tent is compact and can accommodate only the baby.
- There is a mesh cover on the sides of the tent to allow the circulation of the air and also improve visibility.
- The front can be closed with a mesh cover.
- The tent comes in four color combinations.
- It does not come with any anchoring points; no pegs and no sand pockets. Some users report the tent’s frame snaps when there are heavy winds.
- The UPF rating is 30, which is less when compared to the other tents.
This lightweight tent offers the best protection from sunlight and is highly portable.
- It is made from high-quality nylon, which is durable, breathable, and water-resistant.
- The tent weighs only 1.1 pounds (approximately 500 grams) and is easy to carry in a shoulder bag.
- The tent comes with a UPF 50+ rating. It also has a mesh panel on the side to shield the baby against insects.
- The space within the tent is sufficient for just one baby. Also, the tent may be rendered useless if your baby outgrows it.
- The inside of the tent may get crammed for the little one if you place baby’s essentials, like clothes and a diaper bag.
A compact, travel-bed style tent that is best suited for younger infants and newborns who spend most of the time sleeping or lying down.
- A transparent sheet covers the front of the tent, which lets you keep an eye on the baby.
- The tent is made from polyester fabric with a polyurethane coating that has a UPF 50+ protection.
- The manufacturer ships an inflatable mat that fits inside the tent, thus providing a comfortable place for the baby to sleep.
- A baby can outgrow the tent quickly. The compact shape of the tent can make it unsuitable for toddlers.
- There is not enough space inside the tent to place any other items. It can also be difficult for a parent to change the diaper of the baby inside the tent due to the inadequate space.
A spacious tent that has a one-step assembly to save your time. This OutdoorMaster tent is best for parents who want one that can accommodate more than one toddler.
- The tent pops into position in a matter of seconds. Tug at the tent’s frame on the top, and it sets in shape almost immediately.
- There are three windows on the tent for adequate ventilation. Each window can be closed with a screen.
- The front of the tent can be zipped closed for privacy when you want to breastfeed the baby.
- The fabric of the tent is a bit thin. Some users felt that it does not stand well against strong winds.
The Monobeach tent is ideal if you are looking for a safe place for the baby to play on a beach. Even if your baby loves splashing water around, this tent will work great.
- The floor of the tent is scooped out to create a mini pool. You can fill it with water and let the baby play. You can also use the pool as a mini sandbox.
- The canopy and the pool are separable. It extends the use of the pool at other places beyond the beach.
- The canopy of the pool has a UPF 50+ rating.
- It can be a bit difficult to clean the pool since sand can get into its nooks and corners.
- The pool can seem small for older infants and toddlers.
The iCorer beach tent is compact and opens to set up in a matter of seconds. The small shape also makes the tent quite portable.
- No unfolding is required to open the tent. Remove it from the bag, and the tent pops open within no time.
- There are sandbags at the base of the tent. You also get anchor points to attach stakes for added stability.
- The tent is made from flame-resistant nylon fabric and also offers UPF 50+ protection.
- The folding process of the tent can require some practice. Many users found this process difficult.
- The tent can be a bit light for windy beaches.
The Bend River is best suited for babies who may need a nap even on a beach.
- The tent is made from durable polyester that has a UPF rating of 50+.
- A transparent fabric at the base of the tent allows the infant to see outside even when they are lying down.
- The front of the tent can be zipped closed for protection from dust and bugs.
- A few users found the tent a bit difficult to fold.
A spacious beach tent ideal for older toddlers, Campela Baby tent offers great space with excellent portability.
- There are two windows on the side walls that allow easy visibility of what is outside. The rear of the tent also contains a mesh fabric, which improves ventilation.
- The side windows and the rear mesh can be covered with flaps for privacy.
- The tent is made from polyester fabric, which is waterproof and offers UV protection.
- The UPF rating is 30+, which is low when compared to the competition.
- Some users found the tent difficult to fold.
- A few users noted that the tent could get too hot from the inside on a hot, sunny day.
No matter which tent you choose, maintaining it well extends its life and lets you use it to the fullest. The next section contains a few tips to keep the beach visit safe and fun for the baby.
What Is A Baby Beach Tent?
A baby beach tent is a small, foldable outdoor tent made from polyester or other durable material. The tent is usually three-sided and may also have tiny windows or vents for air circulation. The purpose of the baby beach tent is to provide shade to the baby or a toddler from the harsh sunlight.
The types of beach tents differ based on their features. Some tents can only accommodate the baby while others are big enough to let the parents join in. A few tents allow the baby to lie down and even feature a mosquito net for added protection. Having a checklist of features that you want in a baby beach tent helps you choose one that works the best for your baby.
How To Select The Right Baby Beach Tent?
A good baby beach tent should have the following features:
- UV protection: The tent’s surface should have a layer of protective material that can bounce away the UV light. Several tents feature the ultraviolet protection factor (UPF) rating, which is similar to the sun protection factor (SPF) rating of sunscreens. A tent with some UV protection is also better than the one that offers no UV protection at all.
- Ventilation: The tent should be designed for adequate ventilation inside. Many tents come with small windows.
- Pop-up style design: Prefer tents that pop open when unfolded. They save a lot of time that you otherwise spend on installation of the tent at the beach.
- Portable: A good beach tent should be foldable, which makes it easy to carry. Lightweight is also an essential feature.
- Anchor points: You do not want your tent to fly away at a windy beach. Choose tents that have anchor points, where you can slide a metal or plastic peg to hold the tent to the ground. Some baby beach tents come with built-in sandbags that you can fill with sand.
- Durability: The fabric of the tent and its other parts should be firmly stitched together. It lets the tent withstand the winds on the beach.
Tips For Baby Beach Tent Use
- Never leave the baby unattended: Adult supervision is always essential even if the little one is nestled comfortably inside a tent. Babies can roll, crawl out, or get into a position that can jeopardize their safety.
- Set the tent at a safe distance: Waves can come splashing at a speed that even the most durable beach tent may not withstand. Therefore, position the tent at a distance where the waves are unlikely to reach. A spot closer to the land is a good idea.
- Check if the tent is well-grounded: Before you place the baby, check if the anchor points and stakes are in a firm position. Give the tent a slight shake to be sure it is well-set and will not collapse.
Baby beach tents make it convenient to spend quality time with your baby at a beach. Pick a beach tent that can accommodate the baby and their siblings, and maybe even the parents. Once you have made sure that the baby beach tent is safely installed, you can have fun with the little one at the beach.
Which baby beach tent do you use on your getaways? Do tell us in the comment section below.