A compilation of the best baby body wash in India can help you pick a gentle and effective bathing product for your little one. Having a baby comes with responsibilities, and keeping them clean and maintaining good hygiene is important. You need to look for a body wash product that helps maintain their skin’s pH balance and does not tamper with the delicate skin barrier. Your baby’s body wash needs to nourish their skin and leave it feeling smooth and soft.
If you’re looking for the best one to clean dirt and grime and maintain their hygiene with a refreshing bath, here is a list of the best baby body washes available in India. Pick one that best suits your baby’s needs.
14 Best Baby Body Wash In India 2022
This baby wash is an ultra-mild cleanser for the entire body. It keeps your baby’s skin nourished and moisturized with the goodness of green gram, chickpeas, and fenugreek. This soap-free formula is safe to use on your baby’s sensitive skin and maintains the pH balance. Gently lather to trap the moisture and keep your baby’s skin smooth.
- Suitable for daily use
- Rinses away dirt easily
- Does not irritate eyes
- Free of parabens, chemicals, and synthetic colors
- It is infused with the healing properties of three herbs
- The lather is not foamy
[ Read : Himalaya Refreshing Baby Wash Review ]
The Aveeno Baby Gentle Wash & Shampoo is a combination of cleanser and shampoo in a single bottle. This formula contains natural oats extracts and gets rid of dirt and germs without drying your baby’s skin. It infuses five vital elements for healthy, smooth, and glowing skin and hair. It contains antioxidants, proteins, vitamins, enzymes, and lipids for the complete nourishment of your baby’s skin. It comes in an 18 fl.oz bottle.
- Lightly scented and tear-free
- Absence of parabens, steroids, phthalates, and dyes
- Hypoallergenic and suitable for the baby’s delicate skin
- Cannot be used as a bubble bath
[ Read : Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Lotion Review ]
The Mamaearth Deeply Nourishing Wash is a dermatologically tested formula for babies. It penetrates deep into your baby’s skin and nourishes it with aloe vera, orange, jojoba oil, and coconut extracts. It does not irritate the eyes and skin when forming a mild lather. The body wash is light, transparent, and free of coloring. It can be applied to babies and kids of all ages and skin types.
- Suitable to use from head to toe
- 100% toxin-free, organic, and natural
- Can be used as a bubble wash
- Comes with a natural fragrance that babies love
- The bottle is easy to use, convenient, and portable
- May leak as the lid cannot be screwed tight
Part of The Moms Co.’s range of natural, toxin-free products for babies, Natural Baby Wash gently cleans, softens and moisturizes your baby’s skin with natural ingredients. The soap-free baby wash nourishes the skin with natural oils such as calendula oil, avocado oil and organic chamomile oil. It also has organic aloe vera gel that helps moisturize the skin. Natural Baby Wash is hypoallergenic, dermatologically tested and toxin-free, making it safe to use on babies from day one.
- Clinically tested tear-free and soap-free
- Does not contain sulfates, mineral oil, artificial fragrances, parabens and harmful chemicals
- Can be used as a head-to-toe wash
- Comes in a bottle with a pump lock, easy to carry
- The product may change color over time due to the use of natural ingredients.
This cleansing gel contains natural avocado as the main ingredient and fortifies your baby’s skin with vitamin B5 and other essential nutrients. The pearly gel’s soothing texture leaves the baby feeling refreshed and comfortable. It works to deeply cleanse your baby’s hair and body, preventing dry skin and irritation. This formula is created for a thorough bathing experience, free of tears and stress-free moments for both baby and mother.
- Comes with an easy-to-use pump dispenser
- Comfortable application
- Soap-free with 90% plant-based ingredients
- Tested and proven safe to use on your baby’s skin
- Free of parabens, phthalates, and phenoxyethanol
- Contains sulfate
The Mee Mee Gentle Baby Bubble Bath is a mild formula that cleans your baby’s hair and body without drying its natural moisture. It leaves lingering fresh fragrance on the skin that lasts throughout the day. The special ingredients add a natural glow while eliminating dirt and impurities on the surface. It is gentle on baby’s delicate skin and does not cause any rashes.
- Can be used as a cleanser and a bubble bath
- Comes with the benefits of cherry extracts and olive oil
- Clinically tested and safe for babies
- It may irritate the baby’s eyes
[ Read : Mee Mee Baby Lotion Reviews ]
If you are looking for a baby product that is free of chemicals and irritants, then the Eucerin Baby Wash & Shampoo is the one for you. The product is rich in shea butter, known for its nourishing and healing properties. It is also enriched with pro-vitamin B5 that soothes your baby’s skin from deep within. It strengthens the scalp and prevents dryness, itchiness, scaliness, and other skin problems.
- Absence of drying agents and coloring
- Dermatologically tested
- Good value for money
- Absence of soap and alcohol
- Suitable for everyday use
- Not all the ingredients in this baby product are natural and organic
The Puracy Baby Shampoo & Natural Body Wash is an award-winning baby skincare product on the market. All the ingredients used are 100% botanical and natural. It is highly effective for sensitive skin has clinically-proven benefits. This body wash is enriched with moisturizers that keep your baby’s skin soft, and it uses the power of sea salt to cleanse and purify the tiny skin pores deeply.
- Light scented and balances the skin’s pH levels
- Absence of halogens, sulfates, animal by-products, petroleum, perfumes, and skin irritants
- Biodegradable and eco-friendly
- Offers value for money
- Improper functioning of the body wash bottle pump in some cases
- Non-dense formula
The Babyganics Baby Shampoo + Body Wash is a 2-in-1 formula solution for healthy baby skin. It is extra gentle in cleansing and effectively lathers your baby’s hair and body. Each bottle contains natural essential oils extracted from the raspberry fruit, sunflower seeds, cranberry, black cumin, and tomato. Most of the ingredients used are certified, organic, and safe to use on even the most delicate skin types. The rich supply of antioxidants and natural oils enhances skin cell growth and development of hair follicles.
- Easy-to-use, convenient foaming pump
- Comfortable to press out the formula with one hand
- Produces thick and dense foam
- Not free of fragrances
- Concerns of babies developing rashes after a bath
If you are looking for a body wash that does not leave residues on your baby’s delicate skin, this is the ideal product. It is a gentle cleanser that works well on both the hair and body. Your baby’s skin will benefit from the natural blend of almond oil, Moroccan argan oil, and aloe vera present in this product. Each of the ingredients is specially infused to restore the skin’s natural moisture and elasticity. It helps to get rid of dry and itchy skin while washing away dirt, grime, and harmful impurities.
- Forms a rich lather, giving your baby a deep cleansing during the bath
- Does not irritate your baby’s eyes and is free of alcohol and toxins
- Free of parabens and phthalates
- Enriches the baby’s skin with vitamins A, E, B1, B2, and B6
- Not suitable for babies who are allergic to almonds or other nuts
Create the perfect bathing experience for your baby with this baby body wash and shampoo created for a baby’s sensitive skin. It comes with the benefits of oats extracts and restores the skin’s natural pH levels with iso-lachrymal. When applied generously on your baby’s hair and skin, it generates sufficient lather to give a deep cleansing bath. This body wash and shampoo formula is offered in 100 ml, 200 ml, and 500ml bottle options.
- Gives out soothing and relaxing fragrance when applied to the baby’s hair and body
- Does not irritate the baby’s eyes and cause tears
- Suitable for daily bathing
- Contains natural extracts of oats good for hair and skin
- Free of dyes and alcohol
- Shampoo may leak out of the bottle, making it unsuitable for travel
The Mother Sparsh Baby Wash is a one-of-a-kind product that is loved for its botanical blend of organic herbs. The cleaning formula comes in a 200ml bottle and provides complete skincare for your baby. It blends plant extracts and essential oils, including chamomile oil, avocado oil, and virgin coconut oil. The chamomile oil keeps your baby’s skin soft, soothed, and supple. Avocado extracts nourish and hydrate your baby’s dry skin, while virgin coconut oil heals any broken, inflamed, or irritated skin.
- Free of silicones, dyes, parabens, and phthalates
- Suitable for use for babies and growing children
- Tear-free and nourishing from the first day of use
- Concerns of strong fragrance being harmful to babies
This body wash product is an all-in-one solution for baby skin woes. It has a fresh fruity fragrance, which may come across as calming to your baby. The body wash comes with infused herbal ingredients, namely coconut, vanilla oil, orange oil, aloe vera, jojoba oil, and organic extracts that nourish the skin. It also hydrates and pampers your baby’s skin like no other.
- Gentle on the skin of babies and children of all ages
- Safe to use on sensitive and broken skin
- Absence of silicones, mineral oil, synthetic fragrances, and added color
- Comes in a 200ml bottle
- Quantity is not sufficient enough for a daily bath.
This is a baby product that mothers will love using, as most of the ingredients in this formula are organic and 100% natural. It lathers and rinses out well, making it a preferred choice for everyday use. This baby shampoo is specially created to restore a balance in the pH levels of the skin. This product may help treat skin conditions, like acne, psoriasis, eczema, dry hair and scalp, and other related ailments.
- Absence of toxic chemicals and parabens
- Tear-free, vegan, and skin-friendly
- It comes with the benefits of rosemary, cucumber, cranberry, vitamin E, and aloe vera
- More expensive when compared to other baby shampoos
- The spout on the bottle opens off, causing leaks
Safety Tips To Follow While Bathing A Baby
Parents should keep in mind the following safety and precautionary tips when bathing their babies.
- Before beginning the bath, keep all baby accessories like towels, soap, body wash, shampoo, washcloths, diapers, and clothes ready and within reach.
- Remain beside your baby at all times. Never leave them alone in the bath when you are not around.
- Use a small baby bathtub. It should be one that lets you control the volume of bathwater.
- Always test the water temperature with your small finger to check whether it is warm and to prevent scalding and burns on your baby.
- Check whether the temperature of the room is about 75 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Begin with washing the baby’s head and hair and wipe it with a soft towel once you are done. Proceed with washing each body part thoroughly.
- Never put your newborn baby in a bathtub when the umbilical cord area isn’t healed fully. Giving your baby a sponge bath is a wise option until the doctor gives the go-ahead for bathing.
- Pat your baby’s body dry with a soft towel once you are done.
[ Read : Sebamed Baby Bubble Bath Review ]
Directions To Use Baby Body Wash
Pour a sufficient amount of baby body wash onto a wet sponge. You can also use a soft washcloth. Apply the sponge to your baby’s skin and rub it in a circular motion across the body. Make sure to cover all parts of the body from head to toe. Continue to do this until you get a rich lather. Now rinse well with water until your baby’s skin is squeaky clean.
[ Read : Mothercare Baby Bubble Bath Review ]
Factors To Consider While Buying A Baby Body Wash
The following are some of the things to look into when buying a baby body wash in India.
- Check whether all the ingredients used are natural and 100% organic.
- The body wash formulas should be clinically proven and dermatologically tested.
- It should be baby skin-friendly and environmentally safe.
- Fragrance-free body wash formulas are better than fragranced ones.
- Check if the baby wash concentration is a no-tears one so that it doesn’t irritate your baby’s eyes.
- It should be free of parabens, alcohol, sulfates, petroleum, coloring, and other artificial substances.
- Hypoallergenic with a low pH balance.
- Should be capable of moisturizing and keeping your baby’s skin hydrated throughout the day.
- Look out for the manufacturing and expiry dates.
- Check the quantity and price of the baby body wash.
[ Read : How To Use Himalaya Gentle Baby Bath? ]
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is baby body wash recommended for newborn babies?
Newborn babies cannot be bathed daily since their umbilical cord would not have healed. It is best to avoid bathing them with a baby body wash within the first few weeks of healing. You can bathe them with plain water instead or use a sponge to gently scrub around the creases and other areas of the body. Use only a little amount of the baby body wash to prevent damage to the delicate skin. Consult your baby’s doctor to find out the best time to start bathing your baby.
- Do baths make babies sleepy?
After a good warm bath, your baby will feel soothed, like they did in the mother’s womb. The soothing feeling could make a baby sleepy in no time.
Your baby’s delicate skin needs the best baby body washes with cleansing, nourishing, and hydrating properties. The best ones are rich in nutrients and other skin-friendly ingredients that protect their tender skin and leave it squeaky clean, soft, and supple. To get your hands on the ideal body wash for your little one, ensure it contains safe, organic ingredients and the formula is clinically proven and dermatologically tested. And for a happy bathing experience, ensure it is tear-free and fragrance-free.
- Mee Mee Toothpaste Ingredients
- Mamaearth Products
- Sebamed Baby Wash Extra Soft Review
- Johnsons Baby Top to Toe Bath Wash Review
- Cetaphil Baby Soap Review