Once your baby starts walking, running, or crawling around the house, their curiosity will keep them running around the house to explore. It’s important to babyproof your home, so we have created a list of the best baby cabinet locks. When your baby is on the move, they are bound to open cupboards and drawers without realizing its dangers. As a result, they can get hurt or come in contact with hazardous substances, which can be fatal. Therefore, protect your baby and get your hands on a child safety lock from our list below. Read on to know more.
Our Top Picks
Types Of Safety Locks
The following are the different types of baby safety locks.
- Magnetic door locks for children: They are simple to use, and you can easily operate them with keys.
- Adhesive baby safety locks: Peel, stick, and press to install these locks. They are inexpensive and will cause no damage to your furniture.
- Pull-cord child safety lock: These locks use side-by-side knobs to operate. The cord goes around the knob, and you have to use a button to tighten it.
- Spring release locks: They work well with toddlers. They are installed inside the cabinet, and you are supposed to press the latch down and then open the door.
- Slide locks: Most of them have a universal design. It has two pieces. One fits the door frame, while the other goes on the door itself. Its locking assembly is firm.
11 Best Baby Cabinet Locks
1. Best Baby Safe: Vmaisi Adhesive Magnetic Cabinet Locks
The child safety lock set from Vmaisi contains 12 locks and two keys. These magnetic cabinet locks have adhesive to keep the locks in place at all times. You can put them inside the drawers or the cabinets. They are baby-safe, and you can use them in kitchens, bathrooms, pantries, and bedrooms. They are simple to install and come with a quick-fitting cradle tool.
- Come with an on and off option
- Have an installation guide
- Come with a quick installation cradle tool kit
- Invisible from the outside
- Installation might be tricky
2. Best Easy-To-Install: The Good Stuff Cabinet Locks
The Good Stuff sells a pack of 12 child-proof door locks that don’t require any tools or drilling. These drawer latches are simple to use, and all you have to do is peel the sticker, stick it to the cabinet drawer, and leave it overnight for effective results. The locks are completely invisible and can be used in bathrooms, kitchens, wardrobes, or anywhere else you don’t want the baby to reach. You also do not require measuring tools to install them.
- Ensures keyless entry
- Works on overhanging surfaces too
- Strong and secure
- Easy to install
- Might not work on all types of cabinets and drawers
3. Best Universal Design: Jool Baby Products Child Locks
The U-shaped child-proof door locks from Jool Baby Products work on handles, knobs, and doors. It has a quick and easy sliding mechanism that adds extra security. The product is made of high-quality materials and comes in a set of four. They are designed to prevent injuries and last long.
- Has been tested for safety
- Has a universal design
- Installing these locks will not damage furniture
- Ergonomically designed
- Available in white
- Might not fit well on all cabinets
4. Best Long Lasting: Baby Proofing & Child Safety By Skyla Homes
These baby door locks, which come in a pack of 12, are secure and a fun way to ensure safety. The magnetic child safety locks feature a high-quality 3M adhesive and a key that works on wood up to two inches thick. The design is adult-friendly and does not damage your furniture.
These child-proof safety locks and latches are suitable for use on both pull-out drawers and single- and double-door cabinets. They are multifunctional and can lock various storage spaces. The ABS plastic used to make these locks is high-quality and long-lasting.
- Can withhold pull forces of up to 65lb
- Comes with magnetic keys
- Has a turn on and off options
- Might not be easy to install
5. Best Non-Slip Design: KisCordsBaby Safety Cabinet Locks
The baby door lock from KisCord is available in a pack of five. These cabinet locks are ideal for cabinets with side-by-side knobs. You can install these child safety magnetic locks without the use of screws, drilling, adhesives, and magnets. In addition, they are simple to install and have a portable design. They have a double lock design for a more secure grip and knots that add extra tightness to the latch.
- Non-slip design
- No damage to the furniture
- Requires no drilling
- Can be installed in seconds
- Works only on certain types of cabinets
6. Best Flexible: GoodvChild Safety Cabinet Locks
These non-toxic child security locks are made of high-quality materials such as TPE and ABS and do not contain potentially harmful chemicals. The child safety lock device works well on any surface, including metal surfaces, wooden, or glass. These tough locks have an adhesive installation and will turn your storage space into a baby-proof cabinet. They are available in white, and you do not require drills and tools to install them.
- Works well on double-door cabinets too
- Flexible brace locks with an adjustable design
- Features child-proof latches
- Ensures ease of installation
- Might peel off soon
7. Best Adjustable: QT Baby Baby Proofing Cabinet Locks
These safety cabinet and drawer locks from QT Baby are available in a pack of four. The strap-style locks do not require any tools and ensure complete ease of installation. You can install them on and off with ease, but your child cannot. One of the best baby cabinet locks, this product will keep your fridge, closet, and drawers safe. These children’s cabinet locks are modern, and you can adjust the size of the locks from six inches to one inch.
- Have a single-direction design
- Universal fit
- Double lock buttons for extra safety
- Insulated pockets
- Not very user-friendly
8. Best Eco-Friendly: 4our Kiddies Store Child Locks
The baby locks for drawers from 4our Kiddies are available in a pack of 14. These proofing adhesive latches are made from TPE+ABS materials that are eco-friendly. They have a flexible strap and will easily fit the cabinet handles. All you have to do is clean, peel, and stick it to a smooth surface. They feature a sliding button so that you can easily unlock it with just a press.
You can adjust these flexible brace locks from three to seven inches and use them on double-door cabinets. They are strong enough to withstand the tugs of pulls of babies as well as children.
- Easy to disassemble
- Can be used in toilets, closets, and cabinets
- Ensures ease of installation
- Can be left unattached not in use
- Adhesive might not stay for long
9. Best Heavy Duty: Roving Cove Magnetic Cabinet Drawer Lock
These child door safety locks from Roving Cove come in a pack of 12 locks and two ring keys. The product ensures a long-lasting adhesion and is pre-taped. You can also use the screw-in option to install them. These drawer locks can be operated with a single hand and have a patented ring key that allows you to grip and unlock the cabinet simultaneously. It gets concealers in cupboards, drawers, and cabinets. You can use them with a mere push of a button.
- Simple and easy activation
- Easy installation
- Patented starter-tape system
- Lock mechanism might lose its efficacy quickly
10. Best Durable: Okefan Baby Proofing Cabinet Locks
Okefan’s drawer, cabinet, and window guards are available in white. These baby cabinet locks, made of high-quality, durable ABS plastic, do not lose their effectiveness for a long time. The U-shaped latch can stretch up to five inches. You can press the two buttons simultaneously to unlock it. It is simple to install, and you do not require adhesives, magnets, or tools to use it. Instead, you can use them on knobs, pulls, and handles.
- Does not damage cabinets
- Double-locking system
- Tested for durability
- Has an upgraded design
- Might not be easy to open
11. Best Easy To Apply: M2W Child Proof Cabinet Locks Safety
M2W’s child safety cabinet locks have long hook arms to fit many drawers and cabinets. These locks, which come in a pack of ten, have a large adhesive area that makes them strong enough to withstand up to 20 pounds of pull tension. In addition, the pack includes buckles that will fit various cabinets, cupboards ,and closets. The hook arm measures 2.4 inches in length, and the lock has an invisible spring design that is durable and safe.
- Card slot design to add extra firmness
- Fits overhangs as well as countertops
- Easy to apply
- Does not damage the furniture
- Adhesive might not be great
How To Choose The Right Child Safety Locks?
Consider the following features before deciding on the best baby cabinet locks.
- Type: Determine the type of child safety lock you want. It can be adhesive and magnetic with simple installation. Consider the type of cabinets you have before purchasing a lock. You can also buy various locks for different types of cupboards.
- Age: The age of the child plays a crucial role in buying locks for cabinets. Some locks are easy to open and are suitable for toddlers. Some locks are difficult to open, and therefore, can be used for children.
- Material: Most of the locks are made of high-quality ABS plastic. However, you can choose other materials too that are firmer and more long-lasting, such as metal and steel.
- Number of locks: Before selecting a cabinet lock, walk around the entire house and count the number of cabinets and storage areas. Cabinets containing substances, such as spices, detergents, and cleaners, must be kept in more secure cabinets because they can be fatal if ingested or swallowed.
Invest in your child’s future and safety by purchasing quality cabinet locks. Keep the features in mind before investing in any product and consider an option from this list to ensure your child’s safety.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Vibha Navarathna holds experience in baby products. She has put together this list of the best baby cabinet locks for baby proofing your house. These locks thus selected have easy installation and have ergonomic designs. They are difficult for a baby to open since they latch firmly and blend well with most interiors to meet your baby proofing requirements. Furthermore, she has included a buyer’s guide to help you choose better.
One of the most important tasks parents of little children undertake is babyproofing the whole house so that the little ones are safe from any sharp corners or heavy cabinets. To ensure your child doesn’t find their way into drawers and dressers, you will need a quality cabinet lock that is child-proof, easy to install, simple to use, and made of durable materials. The best baby cabinet locks listed here have been tried and tested so that your little one can run and play around the house without the fear of any accidents.
- Best Moonphase Watch
- Best Bleach For Face In India
- Best Sunscreen For Face In India
- Best Solar Shed Lights