When you are taking a baby/ toddler in a car, you need to secure them in a rear-facing car seat in the back.
But if you are driving alone with your baby, keeping an eye on them at all times, without turning back, is difficult. Not knowing how they are doing at the back can be a distraction that you do not want when driving.
The solution lies in a baby car mirror. In this MomJunction post, we tell you about the utility of a baby car mirror and share a list of 15 best baby car mirrors that come to your rescue when you are driving.
15 Best Baby Car Mirrors
- The wide-angle mirror gives you a crystal clear reflection of the baby in the back seat.
- The joint adjusts to provide maximum movement so that you can get the set the angle for the best view.
- The convex-shaped mirror is shatterproof, making it safe for the baby.
- The mirror is easy to install
Shop Related Products:
- The four straps wrap around the headrest and provide a secure fit. Buckles make attaching the mirror easy.
- The glass is shatterproof for the safety of your baby. The joint at the back can pivot in multiple directions to provide you the best view.
- The mirror comes pre-assembled, and all you have to do is strap the mirror on the headrest.
Shop Related Products:
- The mirror goes over the existing car windshield mirror. It is wide and lets you see all the three rear seats.
- The mirror is for parents with toddlers older than two years and who sit in front-facing car seats.
- The spring connectors at the back of the mirror make it easy to attach and also prevent the mirror from vibrating when the car goes over bumps.
- You get a wide-angle view of the car seats with this large car mirror.
Shop Related Products:
- The mirror is made from premium-quality shatterproof acrylic glass.
- The frame easily attaches to the headrest using straps. There is an easy movement of the mirror to find the best view.
- The mirror is wide enough to provide you with optimum visibility of the baby.
Shop Related Products:
- The color of the mirror’s frame is bright yellow so that you can easily spot it in the rear-view mirror.
- The mirror is made of acrylic, which means there is no chance of it shattering.
- The four-way strap attaches to the headrest firmly. It prevents any shaking even when traveling on bumpy roads. The buckles make fixing the mirror easy.
- You can adjust the mirror to any angle you want to get the best view of your infant.
Shop Related Products:
- A rectangular mirror that provides extended visibility of the baby.
- The mirror is made from acrylic and is shatterproof.
- Comes with nylon straps and buckles for easy installation. The mirror is compatible with a wide range of car models.
- A ball and socket joint at the back of the mirror allow you to adjust the mirror in multiple angles.
- The mirror attaches to the back seat’s headrest using reinforced nylon straps that keep the mirror firmly attached even on bumpy roads.
- The straps are adjustable, which means you can fine-tune the fitting depending on your car’s headrest.
- The glass is made from acrylic and is shatterproof. The mirror offers a wide-angle view.
- The shatterproof mirror provides an extra wide and unobstructed view of the baby.
- Once you have installed it on the headrest, you can turn the mirror in any direction to get the best view of the baby.
- The dual-locking strap design prevents any shakes and movement.
- The large-sized mirror is shatterproof and lets you see your baby conveniently.
- You can fix it to any of the headrests, including those of the side seats.
- The ball and socket joint enables 360° movement of the mirror so that you can position it at the best angle to see the baby.
- The strap is highly secure and will not come off even when the vehicle goes through several bumps.
- The acrylic mirror has a wide viewing angle, which makes it easy to observe the baby from the driver’s seat.
- The mount lets you adjust the angle of the mirror easily.
- Fits securely to the headrest and does not shake or vibrate much while the car is moving.
- The mirror is useful for parents but also entertains the baby with its owl-like shape and bright colors.
- The straps go around the headrest and keep the mirror at its place even when the road gets bumpy. You can install the mirror in a few minutes.
- The mirror is made from shatterproof glass for the safety of the baby.
- It is a functional baby car seat mirror that doubles as an on-the-go toy for the baby.
- The mirror has a built-in electronic module, which controls the attached LED lights and sound.
- You can choose between the entertainment and soothing mode. Each mode plays different tunes with synchronized LED blinking.
- There are four entertaining tunes and four soothing melodies. The child can enjoy up to 24 minutes of playback music.
- The remote control lets the parent control the songs. The control attaches over the sun visor of the car, within the driver’s reach. It also has an auto shut-off feature.
- The mirror is shatterproof and provides a clear reflection of the baby.
- The mirror is designed to keep an eye on the child seated in a front facing car seat.
- A suction cup holds the mirror on the right side of the windshield and can be angled such that you can see the back seats.
- Since the mirror is on the windshield, it stays within your line of sight. The 360° movement allows you to place the mirror in any angle.
- The suction of the holder is strong and prevents the mirror from vibrating when the road is not smooth.
- It is a shatter-resistant mirror with a soft-touch frame. The angle of the mirror is wide enough to provide an adequate view of the baby and their surroundings.
- You get a clear, distortion-free reflection from the convex-shaped mirror.
- The mirror straps fit on the headrest of most cars.
- The frame of the mirror has an LED, which emits soft light to brighten the baby’s face so that you can see them clearly in the mirror. The light is useful when driving at night with the baby.
- The light is not too bright to disturb the baby. There is a remote control for the light to switch it on or off as needed.
- The mirror is shatterproof. The frame pivots to the angle of your choice so that you can get the best view of the baby.
What Is A Baby Car Mirror?
A baby car mirror is attached to the headrest of one of the car seats in the second row. The mirror is positioned such that it reflects the rear-facing baby in the front windshield mirror of the car. It lets the parent sitting in the driver’s seat see the baby without having to turn their head back. Baby car mirrors allow you to keep an eye on the little one and drive in peace.
Should You Get A Baby Car Mirror?
Yes, you should use a baby car mirror even if you travel less frequently. Below are the two critical advantages of using a baby car mirror:
- Keeps you focused while driving: You do not have to divert your attention from driving to check your baby. A baby car mirror can let you focus on the road by allowing you to see the baby in the car’s windshield mirror. It is less distracting than turning your head away from the road.
- Safe for you and the baby: For safety, infants must only sit in a rear-facing car seat for the first two years (1). A baby car mirror makes it a safe ride for the parent, baby, and other occupants in the car.
The mirror you choose should also be compatible with your vehicle and have other features to ensure your baby’s safety.
How To Choose A Baby Car Mirror?
Check the following features before picking a baby car mirror:
- Compatibility with your car: Some mirrors may only fit a type of headrests that come in certain car models only. So, check for compatibility and if your choice of the baby car mirror will work with your car.
- Shatterproof design: Pick mirrors made from acrylic glass that does not shatter. Most manufacturers provide a shatterproof glass that does not break into pieces when fallen or in an untoward event of a collision, thus making them safe.
- Clear visibility: The glass should provide clear visibility in all weather and light conditions.
Keep reading for a list of the best baby car mirrors you can buy.
Plenty of options, isn’t it? But once you buy a mirror, you need to install it in the right way. Next, we tell you about it.
How To Install Baby Car Mirror?
The installation of a baby car mirror can vary from one manufacturer to another. Nevertheless, most car mirrors can be fixed by following these necessary steps:
- Install the frame: Start with the installation of the frame, which holds the mirror. Most frames have four nylon straps that go around the headrest. You may have to raise the headrest if the manufacturer recommends it. Once you have the headrest in the right position, buckle the straps to set the frame in its place.
- Fit the mirror: Slide the mirror into the frame. It is usually through the ball and socket joint. After you have the mirror in its place, adjust the mirror until you get the right angle to reflect the baby’s face in your car’s windshield mirror.
- Install remote if any: Some baby mirrors with light and sound functionality come with a remote that often attaches to the driver-side sun visor. If the manufacturer recommends another spot for fixing the remote, then follow accordingly.
You may have to go through some trial and error before arriving at the best angle of the mirror. If possible, get someone to adjust the mirror while you stay seated in the driver’s seat.
Baby car mirrors are one of the essential tools you need to buy if you are traveling with an infant in the car. Nearly all mirrors offer easy installation and 360° adjustability so that you can find the perfect angle to watch your baby in the rear-view mirror. It gives you enough peace of mind to focus on driving and reaching your destination safely.
Have you used a baby car mirror? Tell us about your experience in the comments section below.