A baby carrier lets you tuck your little one comfortably in place while you take them out for a walk. However, in summers, sweaty palms might make it slippery to hold and carry the baby carrier. The best baby carrier for summer provides versatility and security, which offer a safe grip while carrying. In addition, they are better than strollers as you can take them to parks and other non-paved areas. Carriers will also allow the babies to remain close to their parents.
Let us look at some of the best baby carriers that would be apt for the hot summer months. Read on to discover more.
Our Top Picks
Tips For Baby-Carrying In Hot And Humid Weather
Here are few points to consider while using a baby carrier during summer.
- Look for soft, padded designs that are non-abrasive and do not chafe against the baby’s delicate skin.
- Keep the baby’s airways clear when they are in the carrier. Keep his/her face positioned such that it does not press against your body or dig over his/her chest.
- Dress yourself and the baby in airy, summer-friendly clothing that keeps the baby comfortable in heat and humidity.
- Do not over-tighten the carrier. Keep the fit close and secure but loose enough to slide a hand into the carrier, allowing better ventilation during hot weather.
11 Best Baby Carriers For Summers
1. Best Convertible: Infantino Flip Advanced 4-in-1 Carrier
Strap on your baby in a snugly fit with the highly versatile Infantino four-in-one child carrier. The ergonomic design allows for an adjustable seat scoop where the baby can sit securely with knees saddled into a comfortable ‘M’ position. It comes with a versatile design for the toddler to face inside or outside and the option for back-carry for older babies. It has padded head support for comfortable recline and adjustable belts and straps to boost comfort with its custom-fit design.
- Convertible design
- High adjustability
- Hands-free convenience
- Comfortable grip
- Some babies may find it tight around the legs
2. Best Flexible: Boba Baby Wrap Carrier
A soft-structured carrier with a sash and wrap design, the Boba baby wrap carrier is a super lightweight option that opts out of heavily padded carriers for a comfortable experience. It ties easily and fits conveniently. This stretchy wrap is made of 95% cotton and 5% spandex to move with your bodyfor a breathable, contour-hugging fit for both the child and the parent.
- Stretchy and flexible
- Hassle-free tie
- Smooth-cling fit
- Breathable material
- Doesn’t provide a lot of structural support
3. Best Breathable: LillebabyThe Complete Airflow 360° Six Position Baby Carrier
The Lillebaby all seasons baby carrier is a highly functional baby carrier for summers.It boasts of six carrying positions such as fetal, infant-inward,face-out,back-carry, hip-carry, and toddler-inward. The fit is most suited for the baby’s ultimate comfort and safety as it helps provide hipsupport. It sports a pair of generously padded shoulder straps, an intuitive belt design, and a 3D mesh lining to aid ventilation. The back panel grows with your baby, and the front zips down to reveal a more breathable mesh for hotter temperatures.
- Ergonomic build
- Breathable mesh fabric
- Pockets for storage
- Boosts comfort
- Can be a little scratchy for the baby
4. Best Sturdy: You+Me 4-in-1 Baby Carrier
The You+Me baby carrier features a breathable design and four-in-one carrying positions for your growing baby. It suits the baby and the parents with a fit that is tailored for different body types. The carrier features an internal harness that makes shifting the carrier to your partner easy with the baby secured right in. This carrier comes with a bib that is useful for drooling babies.
- Tailored for a snug fit
- Supportive headrest
- Sturdy build quality
- Value for money
- May not be very stable for heavier babies
5. Best Lightweight: Konny Ultra-Lightweight Baby Carrier
Cuddle up in a soft wrap with the Konny baby carrier, which is ideal for use during hot and sticky days. It has a cooling fabric with moisture-wicking and UV-block air mesh to provide the best for your baby. This sling does not feature excess fabric and has a quick-wear design that slips on easily like a T-shirt. It is engineered to distribute weight in a way that helps alleviate any discomfort.
- Superior UV-block mesh fabric
- Intelligent cling-on design
- Easy to wear
- Meets safety benchmarks
- May suit only newborns
6. Best Ergonomic: Sweetbee My Honey Wrap
The elastic and resilient fabric of the Sweetbee baby wrap provides stable support to your child without the hassle of belts and buckles. Made of 100% natural fiber, this wrap is a breathable, lightweight solution that fits most parents and provides the baby with stretchy yet gripping support. It comes with elastic bands to shorten the fabric length for a cleaner look.
- Meets CPSC and ASTM standards
- Made of natural fibers
- Adjustable length
- Ergonomic fit
- Fabric may become stretchy over time
7. Best Durable: Ergobaby Cool Air 360° Carrier
The Ergobaby Cool Air 360° carrier features a durable mesh and a provision to hold the baby in multiple positions. It offers the parent and the baby a reliable fit across all positions. It features a UPF 50+ tuck-away hood to nurse the baby and protect them from the sun. The waistbelt alleviates stress from the back, and the shoulder straps distribute the weight evenly.
- Good durability
- Good support
- Practical design
- Might be slightly abrasive against the baby’s skin
8. Best Comfortable: Vlokup Baby Ring Sling
The Vlokup baby ring sling is a great pick for young babies. This wrap is ideal for holding your babies up close to your chest and lending them a sense of safety and warmth with proximity. It features a lightweight and breathable sling mesh to make the baby and the parent comfortable during summers. The design is ergonomic, keeping the baby comfortable for extended durations.
- Lifetime guarantee
- Breathable mesh
- Aluminum ring to hold the fabric
- Comes in 15 colors
- May stretch out with use
9. Best UPF 50+ Fabric: Boppy Comfy Fit Hybrid Baby Carrier
The Boppy Comfort Fit Hybrid baby carrier integrates the stability of a carrier with the comfort of a sling wrap. The hybrid design allows you to click and tie the system into place for easy comfort.The soft waist belt and padded shoulder straps provide adequate support. The UPF 50+ fabric has a yoga-inspired stretchy fit and takes the guesswork out of putting on carriers with its integrated design.
- Smart hybrid design
- Integrated support
- Zippered pocket
- Soft against the skin
- May suit only younger babies
10. Best Eco-Friendly: Hip Baby Wrap Ring Sling Carrier
The Hip Baby ring sling carrier is a handloom cotton wrap made for the ultimate comfort. The fabric is breathable and permits the baby to maneuver with unrestricted movement. It boasts a texture of rich colors and sturdy metal rings. The wrap clings snugly and distributes the weight of the baby evenly to relieve any pressure from the caregiver’s back. It is hand-woven and features non-toxic, eco-friendly dyes, making it safe for the baby’s skin.
- High-quality cotton fabric
- Eco-friendly material
- Soft and lightweight
- Not as supportive as structured carriers
11. Best Multifunctional: Bbpark Baby carrier
The Bbpark baby carrier keeps your baby cradled while you go hands-free for the most convenient experience. The carrier comes with several useful features such as an attached teething bib, ergonomic pouch, retractable hood, padded shoulder straps, and thick edges to prevent chafing. It has a superior airflow mesh design to help combat summer heat while the baby stays snug with the secure buckle system.
- Comfortable and durable
- Reinforced safety
- Multi-functional carrier
- Ergonomic design
- May feel a bit bulky
How To Choose The Right Baby Carrier For Summers?
Consider the following points when shopping for a baby carrier for summer.
- Fabric: Choose baby carriers with breathable, summer-friendly fabrics that promote ventilation and do not cause irritation to the baby and the parent.
- Design: Choose lightweight designs over bulky builds for keeping the baby from feeling hot. Soft, structured designs provide the best experience during summers.
- Fit: A good carrier fit would allow the baby to rest in a secured position while leaving enough room for ventilation.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do infant carriers come with sun protectors for the child’s head?
Yes, some infant carriers come with a retractable hood to shield the baby from the harsh sunlight.
2. Will a baby suffocate in carriers?
No, carriers have an ergonomic fit that secures the baby without cutting off their air supply. Make sure you do not over-fasten the belts, and the child doesn’t tuck his/her chin over their chest.
3. How do I keep my baby from overheating in a carrier?
Make sure you opt for lightweight carriers with breathable fabrics and always dress your child and yourself in light outfits for the summer months. Do not over-tighten the carrier to allow better ventilation.
Baby carriers for summers are thoughtfully designed so that the carrier doesn’t slip and or give you a poor grip because of your sweaty palms and humid conditions. Moreover, these carriers should feature breathable and light fabric not to cause your little one to sweat. These carriers should be adequately padded and lightweight to prevent straining your back or hurting the child. With various features and designs, choose a carrier that has adjustable straps and length for a secure fit and meets the safety requirements.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Vibha Navarathna is an experienced writer specializing in baby products. Her knowledge about baby products motivates her to present the most well-researched and high-quality products for her readers. In this post, she has curated an articulate list of the best baby carriers for the summer season. The list also mentions all the information alongside each product to help you understand and choose the right product.