Thinking of getting a baby carrier to provide your toddler with the right support when carrying them? Then you are on the right page. A baby carrier minimizes the amount of strain you put on your body when carrying your child, while also providing proper support to the baby.
Baby carriers come in several sizes, with different padding types, and in designs to suit people of specific statures. To help you make the right choice, we give you a list of the top baby carriers in India.
13 Best Baby Carriers in India
This Indian baby carrier is designed to provide superior comfort to the baby and the person wearing it. Created with adjustable straps and fine-quality materials, it can carry a child weighing up to 15kg.
- Four carrying positions
- Adequate physical contact with your child
- Adjustable straps and headrest
- Wide straps with a superior padding
- Cushioned to keep the baby comfortable
- Safe and adjustable opening buckle
- Stitches in some areas unravel quickly
- May not be suitable for small babies
- The color is quite dull
Elegant and easy-to-use, this is an ideal baby carrier created as per the EN 1320 European Standard. It has belts and straps that provide extra support around the back for comfortable carrying.
- Two shoulder belts, one waist belt, and a chest belt
- Padded and adjustable belts
- Four carrying positions
- Removable, breathable hardboard support
- Supports babies or toddlers weighing up to 12kg
- Extra cushion on the seat for added comfort
- Front pocket ideal for storing small items
- Straps and material seem to be substandard
- The front is hard and could scrape the skin
[ Read : How To Use LuvLap Elegant Baby Carrier? ]
This is a good choice if you are looking for the best baby carriers with added support for the baby’s body and head. It has a side opening for added safety and lets you carry the baby in two positions.
- Created as per the EN 13209 European Standard
- Cushioned opening for arms/legs
- Pocket and detachable bib for baby
- Added padding on shoulder straps
- Supports babies weighing up to 12kg
- Side buckle for easy access
- Holder clips tend to break easily
- The leg opening is too small
This baby carrier is a safe and comfortable option with every padded strap contoured to fit the body well. The material used is long-lasting, and the carrier allows you to carry the baby in four positions.
- Cushioned leg/arm openings are adjustable
- Designed to support four carrying positions
- Broad waist belt with extra padding
- Large pocket for storing essentials
- Seat for baby is adjustable
- Sturdy back and head support
- Detachable hood ideal for inclement weather
- No guidelines on how to use the carrier
- May not allow for convenient carrying of a baby
This multi-functional kangaroo bag is the best baby carrier for short moms. Its straps can be adjusted so that it fits people with different torso lengths, and the safety harness is made from durable material.
- Supports chest, kangaroo, and back carry modes
- Fine-quality durable material
- The back is ventilated for added comfort
- Easily adjustable straps and safety side buckle
- Soft bib detaches when required
- Extra support and padding in headrest
- Shoulder belts are long and not easy to use
- The back support does not have enough stability
This is a good option if you are looking for the best baby carrier for four-month-old babies, as it supports four carrying positions. It has added safety features, including a sturdy headrest and a safety buckle on the side.
- Back pad with 3D ventilation
- Detachable bib and front pocket
- Straps with padded shoulder support
- Extended warranty period
- Adjustable straps and side opening buckle
- Removable hardboard insert
- Extensive lumbar support for the wearer
- Not suitable for small babies
- Fabric quality is poor
This best baby carrier for four-month-old babies and older comes with several good features and is attractively priced. It is made from breathable fabric and conforms to the European Standard EN 132.
- Ideal for babies between the ages of four and 24 months
- Allows three carrying positions
- Shoulder strap, chest strap, and waist belt
- Wide shoulder straps with extra padding
- Window portion rolls down to let in air
- Detachable hood and front pocket
- Material stains easily
- Dust and hair are hard to remove
- Not enough safety features
If you are looking for added lumbar support when carrying a child, try the ergonomically designed best baby carrier for back problems. The carrier also allows for four carrying positions.
- Ideally sized to suit for babies aged 6-24 months
- Ergonomic design with good lumbar support
- Wide, padded shoulder and waist straps
- Easily adjustable straps and buckles
- Supports babies weighing up to 15kg
- A safety buckle and cushioned arm and leg holes
- Material may not be very durable
- The material stains easily
- The stitches tend to unravel easily
Ergonomically designed and created with colorful material, this could be the best baby carrier for short moms. It allows for babies weighing up to 18kg to be carried easily and is made from premium cotton.
- Sized and built for babies between six and 24 months
- Imported fabric and ergonomic design
- Extra support for a baby’s spine, hips, and neck
- Extra padding on the wide shoulder and lumbar strap
- Front face in or face out, and back carry supported
- Breathable fabric keeps babies cool
- Material tears easily
- The straps are not very sturdy
This is ideal if you are looking for the best baby carrier for three-month-old and older babies. It is made from attractively colored material and provides sturdy head and neck support with proper cushioning.
- A perfect combination of style and material
- Supports four carrying styles
- Extra-comfortable padded shoulder straps
- Swiftly and easily adjustable straps and buckles
- Pocket for storing small items
- Suits three to 12-month-old babies
- The adjustable headrest also supports the neck
- Breathable fabric keeps babies comfortable
- May not be comfortable for some wearers
- Product is not ideal for large babies
Among the best baby carriers, this is an option that is ideal for babies over the age of six months. It has an attractive color and is created as per the EN-13209:2-2005 safety standards, with an ergonomic design.
- Supports three carrying positions
- The ergonomic design keeps babies comfortable
- Sized to fit six to 24-month-old babies
- Wide padded shoulder straps
- A wide and comfortable leg opening for babies
- Designed with good safety features
- The price is higher than similar products
- Does not fit a large baby well
A good option if you want the best baby carrier for babies aged three months and older, as it can be used to support up to 15kg of weight. It has several good features, including a cap, and supports the baby’s head and neck well.
- Designed with EN-13209:2-2005 safety standard
- Suitable for three to 24-month-old babies
- Easily adjustable ergonomic design
- Additional support for baby’s neck, head, and hips
- Detachable hip seat, and multiple carrying positions
- Padded shoulder straps and waist belt
- Provides back support to the parent
- Stitches of the carrier may unravel easily
- Zips are not very durable
This is one of the best baby carriers with extra belts that allow for it to be easily adjusted to keep the parent and the baby comfortable. It is made of high-quality and durable material.
- Babies can be carried safely and comfortably
- Supports multiple carrying positions
- Ideal for babies weighing up to 12kg
- Removable head support included
- Easily adjustable buckles and straps
- Long-lasting polycotton material
- It may not be very comfortable for all babies
- Design is not very good
Safety Notes to Consider While Using a Baby Carrier
Here is what to remember to use a baby carrier safely.
- Check if the carrier properly supports the baby’s head, neck, and back. The baby carrier should keep the baby’s head and neck in the correct position and provide proper support. Wearing your baby correctly in a baby carrier helps promote their physical development, reduces the chances of physical deformities, and reduces the number of times a baby cries due to discomfort.
- Ensure the carrier does not restrict the movement of your baby. Also, ensure that leg/arm openings are wide enough for the baby to move and are not very constricting.
- To ensure you do not make mistakes when using a baby carrier, practice using it without the baby in it.
- When carrying a baby in a carrier, you need to ensure your back muscles are not strained, and you are balanced well on your feet. Also, ensure that there is sufficient space all around you when you pass through a doorway as this will keep straps from being entangled.
How to Choose the Right Baby Carriers?
Here is what you should be aware of when choosing baby carriers in India.
- Ensure the carrier is long-lasting. Ideally, you should buy a baby carrier that can be used until your baby is 24 months old. These carriers usually can support up to 12-15kgs of weight.
- Take your baby along while shopping to find out if the fit is correct and the baby is comfortable in it.
- Do your research on the Indian baby carrier brand, features, and the price tag to ensure that it meets your baby’s needs.
- Make sure the wearer and the baby are comfortable and check if it can be adjusted to the length of your torso and provide adequate back support. Additionally, the carrier should keep the baby legs in the “M” position, which ensures healthy hips.
- Ensure the carrier comes with instructions, even if you believe that you can figure out how to use a carrier out of the box. A list of clear instructions is always helpful.
- Check the safety standards followed for its design, as it ensures high-quality support and lasts longer.
- Consider the fabric used in the build. If you are going to use the baby carrier in a humid and hot climate, it should be made of sturdy, breathable fabric.
- Suitability for the age of your baby should be considered, too. If your baby is only a few months old, then you will need a baby carrier meant for three-month-old and younger. A carrier for older infants could be uncomfortable and unsafe for younger babies.
- Baby carriers often get dirty, so ensure that they are created from material that can be easily washed.
- Check for additional features, such as a small pocket for storing wipes, an adjustable hood for protection against strong sunlight, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. At what age can you start using a baby carrier?
You can start putting a baby in a carrier just after they are born if they weigh over seven pounds and provided you are using a newborn infant insert.
2. Do baby carriers hurt the baby’s hips and legs?
When babies are tightly bundled and placed in a baby carrier with their legs in a straight position hanging down, their legs can get hurt, and their hips can be displaced. Care should be taken to place the hips and legs in the recommended “M” position to avoid that.
3. How long can a baby stay in a carrier?
Babies should not be kept for prolonged periods in a baby carrier. If they are crying and uncomfortable, they should be taken out of the carrier.
4. At what age should you stop carrying a child?
It is recommended that you should stop carrying your child for prolonged periods when they are between two and three years old.
Wraps, ring slings, and baby carriers – each have their benefits. However, a baby carrier is a good-to-have product as it provides proper cushioning for the wearer and keeps your baby secure and comfortable. A baby carrier also lets you keep the baby close to you, promoting parent-child bonding.