Babies require a diaper change several times a day. And for that, you may have a diaper changing table at home. But what do you do when you go out? Well, you can get a baby changing pad that makes your job easier.
Keep reading to know more about types of such pads that you can choose from and a list of the best baby changing pads to consider buying online.
Types Of Baby Changing Pads
Read to know about the different types of diaper changing pads available in the market and get one that suits your requirements.
- Standard diaper changing pad: It is a one-piece changing pad that ideally comes with a contoured design. It has a standard size and can fit well on any flat surface or a table. It is lightweight and safe, but it cannot be folded.
- Portable diaper changing pad: If you are a frequent traveler and take your baby with you, then you can buy a travel-friendly baby changing pad. It is not bulky and can be folded and put in the diaper bag or purse. Some portable changing pads also have space to store diapers and wipes.
- Diaper changing kit: The all-in-one changing kit has many features, including a built-in pillow, extra padding, safety belts, and storage space. It also comes with a strap for hanging it to the stroller, making it easy to carry anywhere. Such a diaper changing kit is useful when you are outside or traveling.
[ Read : Babyhug Vogue Denim Diaper Bag Reviews ]
15 Best Baby Changing Pads
Changing diapers could become easier with this two-sided pad with a contoured design. It is waterproof and made of quilted vinyl material, which is durable and safe. The pad measures 16x32in and can be securely put on a flat surface.
- Comes with a safety belt
- Has a non-skid bottom
- Easy to clean and portable
- Can be firmly attached to furniture
- Secure and comfortable for the baby
- Tiny holes may get stained soon
- Doesn’t have a cushion
If you are looking for a portable baby changing pad, then this one could fit in your requirements. It is an all-in-one kit that comes with a pillow and a changing pad with a mesh pocket that can hold your baby’s extra diapers and wipes for cleaning. It comes in six different patterns.
- Extra-wide pad
- Suitable for traveling
- Has a compact, bag-shaped design
- Can be strapped to a stroller or waist
- Lightweight and convenient
- May not be easy to clean
Simple yet practical, this foldable changing pad lets change your baby’s diaper quickly and conveniently. It is light in weight and is easy to carry anywhere. The changing pad is available in six different patterns that you can pick from.
- Compact and waterproof
- Made of good quality material
- Has soft cushioning
- Unique design and travel-friendly
- Measures 25×11.5in
- Too small for some
- May not last long
You can put your baby safely on this soft-padded, contoured diaper changing pad and conveniently change the baby. It is made of polyurethane foam and meets the safety requirements. The baby changing pad is 16x31in in size and keeps the baby in place.
- Comes with safety straps
- Has counter edges for security
- Waterproof and lightweight
- Can fit on tables and dresses
- Has extra grip on the bottom
- Could smell bad due to chemicals
- May not be durable
The changing pad is made of non-toxic PVC material that your little one can safely lay on when changing diapers. It has a contoured design with two high sides that keeps the baby in place. The pad fits well on standard-sized tables.
- Measures 32x16x4in
- Comes with a non-toxic, waterproof vinyl cover
- Has a safety harness
- Easy-to-clean, stain-resistant material
- Has non-skid bottom for safety
- Doesn’t have proper cushioning
- May not last for long
Designed in the shape of a peanut, the baby diaper changing pad is available in four colors, including aqua, grey, vanilla, raspberry. It is made of premium-quality material and is free from latex, phthalate, and BPA. The diaper changing pad can hold up to 30lb weight.
- Soft and comfortable for the baby
- Puncture and crack resistant
- Water-resistant, easy to clean
- Lightweight and portable
- Has a protective layer
- Travel-friendly and unique design
- May not be stain resistant
- Doesn’t have a safety strap
You can tuck this baby changing pad on a flat surface and conveniently change your baby’s diaper. It comes with a tuck-away toy bar that keeps your baby engaged and in place. The diaper changing pad has a smooth surface, which makes it easy to clean.
- Has a soft cushioned foam
- Comes with a non-skid bottom
- Measures 31.5×18.25×2.5in
- Doesn’t absorb smell or liquid
- Has a safety belt for the baby
- May not be comfortable for the baby
- May not fit well on every surface
Simple and compact in design, this foldable changing pad is extra-large and available in four colorful patterns. It is made of safe material and is free from phthalate and lead. Once used, it can be folded small and put inside a diaper bag or purse.
- Soft and padded for comfort
- Clean and germ-free surface
- Measures 19x30in in
- Comes with a strap for diapers and wipes
- Lightweight and portable design
- May not be durable
- Has poor padding
Changing diapers could become easy anywhere with this all-in-one baby changing pad. It features a changing pad, storage pockets, and a soft pillow. It has a handle and zipper that makes it a travel-friendly diaper bag.
- Practical and portable design
- Waterproof and comfortable
- Has an extra pocket for storage
- Comes with a wrist and stroller strap
- Available in seven colorful designs
- May not be easy to clean
- May not be durable
Extra-large in size, this diaper changing pad comes with an extra pad and could be a convenient option when traveling. It has a unique design and is made of a lightweight premium material that is free of non-toxic substances. The baby changing pad is comfortable for the little ones too.
- Skin-friendly and easy to clean
- Waterproof and unique design
- Antibacterial and non-toxic material
- 12x27in in dimensions
- Portable and travel-friendly
- Smaller in size than a regular one
- Could be smelly
The mini travel changing station comes with a diaper changing pad, storage kit, and a built-in pillow for the baby’s comfort. It has large pockets to store in several accessories and is easy to carry. The diaper changing pad comes in two colors: arrow grey and black.
- Waterproof and lightweight
- Has extra pad and mesh pocket
- Can be folded easily
- Comes with a removable changing pad
- Has additional storage pockets
- May not be as shown in the picture
A portable changing mat, this comes in a foldable design and is available in grey and green color. It is a high-quality product and has a memory foam pillow. The diaper changing pad has extra pockets to store diapers and other stuff for the baby.
- Can be opened with one hand
- Measures 13.8×8.4in
- 100% waterproof and easy to clean
- Can be folded and put in a purse
- Padded and hygienic
- Size may vary
Made of environmentally-friendly foam material, this diaper changing pad has a compact design and is portable. It is skin-friendly and comfortable for the baby. The diaper pad is easy and convenient to use for you too.
- Can be cleaned easily
- Made of premium-quality material
- Has a soft cushioned pillow
- Wider than regular pads
- Foldable and travel-friendly design
- Pockets are too small
Made of foam material, this diaper changing pad provides stability and comfort to the baby. It is Greenguard gold certified, which means it contributes to a healthy environment. The pad has a standard size that fits well on any standard table.
- Measures 16x32in in size
- Has waterproof backing
- Convenient and easy to clean
- Soft and skin-friendly
- Two-sided contour design for support
- Doesn’t have a non-skid bottom
- Could be bulky for some
Changing diapers can become hassle-free when your baby doesn’t keep moving. This contoured diaper changing pad can keep your baby in place and provide comfort. It comes with safety straps to provide extra protection to your little one.
- Easy to use and clean
- Has a non-scratch bottom
- Can fit well on any table or flat surface
- Simple and waterproof design
- Comes with a support board
- Size differs from what is shown
Tips To Choose The Right Baby Changing Pad
Here are some tips that can help you select the most appropriate diaper changing pad.
- Utility: You need a baby changing pad at home or when you are outside. In case you are always at home and do not require a fancy pad, then the standard diaper changing pad can be a practical option. However, if you go out to parks, for shopping, or on road trips, then a portable pad or a diaper changing kit would be ideal.
- Size: Pick a diaper changing pad that is of a standard size and can fit on any surface.
- Comfort and safety: The baby changing pad should have light padding so that it is not hard on the baby’s back or head. The pad should also have a non-skid bottom and safety straps to keep your baby secure.
- Other features: Waterproof, lightweight, superior-quality material, durability, and organic diaper pad material are some additional features that you should look for when selecting the diaper changing pad.
[ Read : Babyhug Duet Diaper Bag Reviews ]
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to wash a diaper changing pad?
You can use a cloth and soap water to wipe the surface of the pad. Some diaper changing pads are made of fabric and can be machine washed too. Make it a point to keep the baby changing pad clean whenever you use it.
2. Can a baby sleep on a changing pad?
No, it is not a good idea to make your baby sleep on the diaper changing pad as it may not be comfortable and secure. Your little one can have a quality sleep on the bed or crib.
Do make a checklist of your requirements and consider the tips when you are selecting the baby changing pad. You can shortlist a few products and compare their features and price before finding the best one for your baby, and a hassle-free diaper changing experience for you.