Create a comfortable, healthy, and safe sleeping environment for your baby with our list of the best baby co-sleepers. They are designed to be placed next to your bed and create a cozy sleeping space for your little one. These sleepers make night-time feeding easier for parents and are beneficial for moms recovering after childbirth or other issues.
These co-sleepers are available in different shapes and sizes, and you can choose one that suits your baby’s age and needs. We have included various products and their pros and cons to help you make an informed decision. So, ensure to read their features thoroughly before choosing the right co-sleeper for your baby.
Top Products From Our List
11 Best Baby Co-sleepers
The SwaadleMe By Your Side Sleeper gives you a safe and comfortable place for bed-sharing with your baby. Keep your little one safe and protected as you feed, monitor, and bond with them. It has a sturdy metal bed frame construction with mesh sides and comes with a mattress pad and fitted sheet. The net dimensions are 15.7×6.1×17.2in, and the interior measures 29.5×13.5in. It is intended for babies aged zero to three months, or until your baby begins to roll over or push up.
- Metal frame protects the baby from accidental falls
- Folds flat for portability or easy storage
- Mesh sides are breathable and give a clear view of baby
- Compressible side walls provide easy access to the baby
- Removable and washable sleeping pad made of soft and comfortable fabric
- Mesh sides are not removable, thus, cleaning it can be difficult
This baby co-sleeper from DockATot is the next best thing to the mother’s womb. It is an ultimate docking station for babies up to eight months old. The comfortable and soothing spot lets your little one play, rest, lounge, get diaper changes, and do tummy time. The raised tube design and hypoallergenic materials provide a safe way to co-sleep with your baby.
- 100% cotton cover is gentle on the baby’s skin
- OEKO-TEX certified fabrics keep the baby’s body temperature in a healthy range while sleeping
- Rounded sides work well to prop up your baby when on their belly
- Encourages tummy time that helps develop neck strength and motor skills
- Lightweight and portable
- Comes pre-washed
- Available in a variety of colors and patterns
- Sides could have been higher
The Baby Delight Beside Me Dreamer Bassinet & Bedside Sleeper is an ideal option for any parent as it can be used in the living room, bedroom, or on-the-go and works as a stand-alone sleeper. The co-sleeper comes with a quick tool-free set-up and can be used anywhere your baby feels like sleeping. The side panel unhooks and unzips for fast conversion to a sleeper mode to nurse your baby. You can use it for babies weighing up to 20lb or aged up to five months.
- Breathable mesh walls in bassinet mode offer proper air circulation
- Lightweight and can be moved from room to room for convenience
- Attached straps for safely securing the sleeper to the adult bed
- Six-level height adjustment to fit the height of most adult beds
- Includes a fiber-fill mattress and waterproof fitted sheet
- Sheet may not stand up to a lot of washing
The DHZJM baby co-sleeper for bed has been constructed to give a safe and snug environment for babies. It has an innovative womb design that hugs your baby and helps them feel safe and secure. The bassinet features 100% organic cotton cover, 100% polyester tube and pad, handles, and a high-quality hidden zipper. You will also find additional covers that you may buy to suit your room, style, and mood. It is recommended for babies aged up to 24 months.
- Mimics the mother’s warm womb
- Sewn-in handle for easy carrying and travel
- Can be put on your bed, floor, sofa, or baby cot
- Easy-to-wash and machine-washable
- Covers of bassinet, pad, and outer ring are removable and washable
- Ideal spot for tummy time
- Openable buckle gives more room when the baby gets bigger
- May not be easy to assemble
The Little Grape Land baby co-sleeper is designed to solve babies’ sleep problems and is made of hygienic materials. It creates an environment for the baby to play, lounge, and rest and could be a great pick for tummy time, co-sleeping, infant massaging, daytime napping, or diaper changing. The infant lounger measures about 35.5×22.5in and weighs 2.86lb. It features a high-quality jacquard cotton fabric cover, and the non-toxic internal filling is safe for the baby’s sensitive skin.
- Breathable and hypoallergenic fabric
- Lightweight and easily portable
- Can be used on the floor, couch, or crib cot
- Bumpers and base are easy to unzip, remove, and wash separately
- Machine-washable and easy-to-care
- Perfect for co-sleeping without the restriction of buckles
- Reversible and can be used on both the sides
- 360° fluffy sides and deeply contoured shape prevent the baby from rolling out
- Bottom is relatively thin and not cushiony
The SNOO smart sleeper is a responsive bassinet that improves sleep for both the baby and parents. It is equipped with a microphone that detects crying, speakers that play white noise, and a motor that causes a rocking motion, creating a womb-like environment. A companion mobile app allows you to customize the various settings of the sleeper. The app also tracks sleep so you can know the amount of sleep your baby gets each day. You can use this smart co-sleeper until your baby is six months old or able to get up on their hands and knees.
- Made of 100% organic cotton and breathable mesh
- Boosts the baby’s sleep by an extra one to two hours
- Safety clips secure the baby safely and prevent risky rolling
- App logs let you adjust sound, motion, and cry sensitivity
- Bed meets the American Academy of Pediatrics Safe Sleep guidelines
- Brand offers a 30-day free trial
- Not movable
The Mompreneur, LLC infant and toddler lounger by River & Robin is a safe product certified by the United States Product Safety Commission. Your baby will sleep like a true champ on this lounger. It is designed for babies aged up to 24 months. It consists of a 100% cotton cover that is soft to touch and free of artificial dyes and chemicals. The lounger is suitable for co-sleeping, cuddling, playing, and diaper changing.
- Pristine white cotton cover is easily removable for washing
- Center padded area is breathable and comfortable
- Firm and raised perimeter supports the baby’s weight without collapsing
- Prevents rolling and keeps babies within arm’s reach
- Lightweight and portable
- May not be comfortable for tall babies
This could be one of the best baby co-sleepers for babies aged zero to 24 months. It is made of 100% soft cotton and includes a high-quality elastic pearl cotton filler, both of which are safe for the baby’s sensitive skin. Your baby will love to sleep and feel comfortable and safe in this newborn lounger.
- Breathable and hypoallergenic materials
- Removable cover is machine-washable
- Adjustable tailed strap to fit the growing baby
- Deep contour fence provides a safe space for the baby
- Can be used as a bassinet for a bed, side sleeper, travel bed, or changing station
- Lightweight and easy-to-use package for travel
- Ideal spot for tummy time
- Seams start to come apart with repeated washing
The Mumbelli infant bed offers a unique womb-like experience and comes with an adjustable foot insert. It is designed to allow your infant to remain in the same fetal position as in the womb. The brand states that the wedge design could help prevent acid reflux by placing the baby in the correct position during and after a meal. It combines a co-sleeper, lounger, and bassinet in one portable pod, offering both safety and a calming effect.
- Engineered to meet the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) regulation
- Made of polyester poplin and free of BPA, phthalates, latex, and lead
- Portable and comes with a convenient carry bag
- 100% machine washable and easy-to-clean cover
- Non-slip grip bottom
- Includes a 14-day refund guarantee
- May not be durable
- Emanates a peculiar smell initially
The Arm’s Reach Clear-Vue co-sleeper could be another safe sleep solution for your baby. It can be used as a co-sleeper and a stand-alone bassinet. If you want to keep a close watch on your baby while working in another room, this product is an ideal pick as it is movable with its wheels. It comes with a mattress, fitted sheet, nylon strap, and plate. This bassinet is manufactured for babies below five months.
- Mesh sides allow great breathability and airflow
- Built-in leg extension to fit all types of beds
- Four castor wheels help move it around the house
- Attached deep basket and pockets on the sides
- Ideal for breastfeeding moms and those who had C-section, for minimal disruption to sleep
- Carrying case for portability
- Difficult to assemble
The Snugglemoon Braided Baby Lounger bed wraps your baby in comfort and warmth, giving them a feeling of being cradled in their parents’ arms. It has a unique starry night design that will lull your baby to sleep in minutes. The compact shape allows this bed to be packed into most standard suitcases. It provides a good night’s sleep for both the mother and the baby.
- Plush and cozy lounger bed
- Compact and portable bed that fits into most standard travel bags
- Eight-inch braided edge prevents the baby from rolling out of the bed
- Can be used as a travel bed, sleeper bed, or diaper changing station
- Ideal spot for tummy time
- Easily removable and machine-washable cover
- May not be very durable
How To Choose The Right Baby Co-sleeper?
Listed below are some factors that you may consider while choosing the best baby co-sleeper.
- Versatility: A versatile co-sleeper can be converted into a stand-alone sleeper during the daytime. It could be a sound investment if you buy a sleeper that can perform both roles rather than having two separate cribs for your baby.
- Safety: According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, every crib or co-sleeper has to be designed following some safety rules, to lower the chances of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDs). It has to be thin and firm enough to offer comfort to the baby and not sink in too much.
- Visibility: Consider buying co-sleepers with mesh walls or net that are see-through and facilitate good air circulation. These also make it easier for you to keep an eye on your baby without getting up.
- Easy-to-clean: There could be accidents in and around the crib in the form of throw-ups, spit-ups, or an overflowing diaper. It is, therefore, essential to buy a co-sleeper with removable covers that you can wash.
- Portability: If you are a frequent traveler, consider a portable co-sleeper that you can take anywhere.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do co-sleepers increase the risk of SIDS?
A co-sleeper will not increase the risk of SIDs, but sleeping with the baby on the same bed (bed-sharing) can be risky. Bed-sharing may cause suffocation from either pillows, blankets, or movement of the parent’s body. It holds true in the case of heavy sleepers and parents who drink alcohol, smoke, or are on medications.
2. How long can my baby use a co-sleeper?
You may use a co-sleeper until your baby can get in and out of bed on their own. Also, it is time to switch when the baby starts to roll consistently, and there is more risk of falling from the bed.
Check if the particular product meets the safety standards set by AAP (American Academy of Pediatrics). Go through the features carefully, and consider the various safety features before buying the best baby co-sleeper for a good night’s rest.