Create a comfortable, healthy, and safe sleeping environment for your baby with our list of the best baby co-sleepers. They are designed to be placed next to your bed and create a cozy sleeping space for your little one. These sleepers make night-time feeding easier for parents and are beneficial for moms recovering after childbirth or other issues.
These safe and effective co-sleepers are available in different shapes and sizes, and you can choose one that suits your baby’s age and needs. We have included various products and highlight their pros and cons to help you make an informed decision. So, ensure to read their features thoroughly before choosing the right co-sleeper for your baby.
- 1 Best Comfortable Halo BassiNest Swivel Sleeper Halosleep $349.99 ON AMAZON Read More › $349.99 ON AMAZON
- 2 Best Easy-To-Clean Mika Micky Baby Bassinet Bedside Sleeper Mika Micky $179.99 ON AMAZON Read More › $179.99 ON AMAZON
- 3 Best Breathable Baby Delight Beside Me Dreamer Bassinet & Bedside Sleeper B A B Y D E L I G H T $209.99 ON AMAZON Read More › $209.99 ON AMAZON
- 4 Best Machine-Washable Cloud Baby Premium Baby Bassinet Plus Hanging Doll Cloudbaby $199.98 ON AMAZON Read More › $199.98 ON AMAZON
- 5 Best Organic Happiest Baby SNOO Smart Sleeper Happiestbaby $1695.0 ON AMAZON Read More › $1695.0 ON AMAZON
- 6 Best Adjustable Chicco Close To You 3-in-1 Bedside Bassinet Chicco $329.99 ON AMAZON Read More › $329.99 ON AMAZON
- 7 Best Lightweight Graco My View 4-in-1 Bassinet Gracobaby $189.99 ON AMAZON Read More › $189.99 ON AMAZON
- 8 Best Easy-To-Move Arm’s Reach Concepts Co-Sleeper Bassinet Armsreach $220 ON AMAZON Read More › $220 ON AMAZON
- 9 Best Unique Maxi-Cosi Iora Bedside Bassinet Papablic $145.85 ON AMAZON Read More › $145.85 ON AMAZON
- 10 Maxicosi $269.99 ON AMAZON Read More › $269.99 ON AMAZON
11 Best Baby Co-sleepers
1. Best Comfortable: Halo BassiNest Swivel Sleeper
The Halo BassiNest Swivel Sleeper is designed as a bedside sleeping crib for infants in a calming dove gray shade. Measuring 34.45×18.71×10.83 in, it is made of mesh fabric and has a 360-degree swivel to keep your little one close. Its patented lowering bedside wall is designed with the easy care of mothers in mind and allows convenient breastfeeding even for C-section moms. This tried-and-tested baby bed for sleeping has a waterproof mattress and a machine-washable sheet for easy maintenance and cleaning. The bedside sleeper can take up to 20lb weight and is designed for infants up to five months old.
Dimensions: 33 x 23 x 36in| Material: Mesh| Assembly required: Yes| Maximum weight recommendation: 20lb
- Breathable fabric with a soothing center
- Gentle vibration and soothing sound for a peaceful environment
- Stable with a sturdy four-point base
- Suitable for small spaces
- Easy bassinet assembly
- Children may quickly outgrow the bassinet
- Lights may not be sufficient for the night
2. Best Easy-To-Clean: Mika Micky Baby Bassinet Bedside Sleeper
The Mika Micky Baby Bassinet Bedside Sleeper is designed in an all-mesh fabric and has a predominantly gray color with shades of soothing white. The item has a weight capacity of 33lb and is suitable for infants up to five months. This baby bed for sleeping measures 33x22x32.7 inches and can fit snugly even in a small room beside the bed. It also has an easy-to-attach feature, making it functional for breastfeeding. Equipped with a soft mattress and a sleeping board, it keeps the baby comfortable for a long time.
Dimensions: 36 x 22 x 32.7in| Material: Mesh| Assembly required: Yes| Maximum weight recommendation: 33lb
- Cozy and breathable
- Seven adjustable height settings
- Stable four-pawed bottom
- Built-in wheels and brakes for easy portability
- Has storage pockets on the sides
- Safety-tested–has CPSC and CPSIA certifications
- Assembly can be a challenge
- Brakes may lock on their own
The Baby Delight Beside Me Dreamer Bassinet & Bedside Sleeper is an ideal option for any parent as it can be used in the living room, bedroom, or on-the-go and works as a stand-alone sleeper. This infant co-sleeping bed comes with a quick tool-free set-up and can be used anywhere your baby feels like sleeping. The side panel unhooks and unzips for fast conversion to a sleeper mode to nurse your baby. Additionally, the safe and effective co-sleeping bed attachment includes sturdy straps for safely securing the sleeper to the adult bed. You can use it for babies weighing up to 20lb or aged up to five months. Watch this review video to get a detailed understanding of the product.
Dimensions: 37 x 22.5 x 31in| Material: Mesh| Assembly required: Yes| Maximum weight recommendation: 20lb
- Breathable mesh walls in bassinet mode offer proper air circulation
- Lightweight and can be moved from room to room for convenience
- Attached straps for safely securing the sleeper to the adult bed
- Six-level height adjustment to fit the height of most adult beds
- Includes a fiber-fill mattress and waterproof fitted sheet
- Sheet may not stand up to a lot of washing
"This large, portable crib has been very helpful for when we stayed in places that weren't baby-friendly. The assembly was taxing, as the sidebars were tricky to hook. Nevertheless, this crib has been able to accommodate my newborn and my toddler. Hence, this crib gets a thumbs-up for size, suitability, and sturdiness."
Halo BassiNest Swivel Sleeper
Mika Micky Baby Bassinet Bedside Sleeper
Baby Delight Beside Me Dreamer Bassinet & Bedside Sleeper
|Fabric, metal, Mesh
|24.5"L x 36.1"W x 32.7"H
|37"L x 22.5"W x 31"H
4. Best Machine-Washable: Cloud Baby Premium Baby Bassinet Plus Hanging Doll
The Cloud Baby premium baby bassinet with a hanging doll on the side is a trusted choice of moms and dads. This baby lounger has a maximum weight capacity of 19.8lb and measures 35.04×28.35×39.5 in. Further, it is equipped with soothing music to keep your little one occupied. Featuring a solid aluminum body, this well-accommodated crib can enhance your baby’s comfort. Its metallic finish keeps the charm and a thoughtful build makes it suitable for small spaces.
Dimensions: 35.04 x 28.35 x 39.5in| Material: Aluminum| Assembly required: Yes| Maximum weight recommendation: 20lb
- Portable with a sleek wheel design
- Nine adjustable height positions
- Lightweight and sturdy
- Made of breathable double mesh material
- Machine-washable mattress
- May not be suitable for low bed placements
- Mattress may be moderately hard
5. Best Bluetooth-Enabled: 4moms MamaRoo Sleep Bassinet
The 4moms MamaRoo Sleep Bassinet has a unique design with smart features that make it functional and convenient. It comes with four soothing sounds that keep the kid relaxed and engaged. Made in a soothing white color, it measures 29x24x39 in. Its crib is made of washable fabric, and the body carries a smooth birch finish. The safe and effective bassinet’s firm and flat sleep surface with mesh on both sides improve visibility and breathability — a perfect baby-friendly bedfor sleeping peacefully!
Dimensions: 34 x 24 x 39in| Material: Plastic| Assembly required: Yes| Maximum weight recommendation: 25lb
- Parent-inspired five motions
- Bluetooth for easy control
- Five speed levels
- Two adjustable heights
- Waterproof mattress
- May not suit high-rise beds
- May not be portable
The SNOO smart sleeper is a responsive bassinet that improves sleep for both the baby and the parents. The built-in microphone detects crying, the speakers play white noise and its motor causes a rocking motion, creating a womb-like environment. A companion mobile app offers various customizable settings, allowing you to use the smart sleeper according to the sleeping habits of your baby. The app also tracks sleep so you can know the amount of sleep your baby gets each day. You can use this smart bassinet or lounger until your baby is six months old or able to get up on their hands and knees.
Dimensions: 35.83 x 18.9 x 32.28in| Material: Cotton| Assembly required: Yes| Maximum weight recommendation: 25lb
- Made of 100% organic cotton and breathable mesh
- Boosts the baby’s sleep by an extra one to two hours
- Safety clips secure the baby safely and prevent risky rolling
- App logs let you adjust sound, motion, and cry sensitivity
- Bed meets the American Academy of Pediatrics Safe Sleep guidelines
- Brand offers a 30-day free trial
- Not movable
7. Best Adjustable: Chicco Close To You 3-in-1 Bedside Bassinet
The Chicco Close To You three-in-one bedside bassinet has a cool heather gray color with a metal body and a mesh crib enclosure. You can use the high-quality bassinet as a bedside sleeper and a changing table to suit your needs. It measures 33.5x28x46 in and has a decent weight capacity of up to 20lb, making it suitable for infants between zero and five months. This tried-and-tested electronic bassinet has six musical settings, a night light, and two vibration settings for lulling the baby to sleep.
Dimensions: 33.5 x 28 x 46in| Material: Mesh| Assembly required: Yes| Maximum weight recommendation: 20lb
- Has an adjustable changing table
- Portable bassinet with rubberized swivel wheels
- Dual-function handle
- Two height adjustments
- Machine-washable zip-off fabric
- Reversible mattress
- Mattress cover is drip-dry and may shrink
- Mattress may not be sufficiently comfortable
8. Best Lightweight: Graco My View 4-in-1 Bassinet
The Graco My View 4-in-1 bassinet has a pleasing derby shade with its frame made of plastic. With a size dimension of 23.19×33.5×32.25 in, the bassinet is suitable for sleeping and accommodating the needs of infants up to five months. The baby lounger from this trusted brand comes in four adjustable sizes, thus allowing you to create space as per the baby’s growing needs. The crib-level bassinet is cozy and gives parents the option to keep the child near them. It also serves as a raised bassinet to match the bed height.
Dimensions: 23.19 x 33.5 x 32.25in| Material: Polyester| Assembly required: Yes| Maximum weight recommendation: 50lb
- Easy to maneuver with built-in wheels
- Easy to fold with a push button, making it a suitable travel crib
- Removable bassinet
- Lightweight and durable
- Canopy material may be thin
- Padding may not be sufficient
9. Best Skin-Safe: Papablic 2-in-1 Bonni Baby Bassinet
The Papablic two-in-one Bonnie Baby Bassinet is a long-lasting baby comforter with mesh coverage that keeps it breathable. The outer frame of this safe and effective bassinet is made of aluminum and iron, while the inner cotton fabric is soft on the baby’s skin. The gray and white bassinet measures 36.3×27.36×33.9 in and easily accommodates infants growing up to five to six months. As it is a lounger with high-quality material and a comfortable design, it provides utmost functionality and comfort.
Dimensions: 36.3 x 27.36 x 33.9in| Material: Cotton aluminum| iron | Assembly required: Yes| Maximum weight recommendation: 33lb
- Safe and stable
- Portable bassinet design with four wheels
- Includes a thick mattress pad
- Easy breathability and visibility
- Two adjustable height settings
- Safety auto locks
- Adjustable co-sleeper with five bed positions
- Bassinet assembly may be challenging
- May have loose-fitting wheels
The Arm’s Reach Clear-Vue co-sleeper could be another safe sleep solution for your baby. It can be used as a co-sleeper and a stand-alone bassinet. If you want to keep a close watch on your baby while working in another room, this product is an ideal pick as it is movable with wheels. It comes with a mattress, fitted sheet, nylon strap, and plate. This baby bed for sleeping is manufactured for babies below five months.
- Mesh sides allow great breathability and airflow
- Built-in leg extension to fit all types of beds
- Four castor wheels help move it around the house
- Attached deep basket and pockets on the sides
- Ideal for breastfeeding moms and those who had C-section, for minimal disruption to sleep
- Carrying case for portability
- Difficult to assemble
11. Best Unique: Maxi-Cosi Iora Bedside Bassinet
The Maxi-Cosi Iora bedside bassinet is available in an essential blue shade and has some unique sleeping and handling features. It measures 40.55×22.44×7.28 in and has a maximum weight capacity of 20lb. This high-quality bassinet is suitable for accommodating infants up to five months. The bassinet has a compact fold design and can be easily carried outdoors. An accompanying travel bag only makes it easy to carry. It is designed for both up-down and sideways adjustability movements.
Dimensions: 40.55 x 22.44 x 7.28in| Material: Mesh| Assembly required: Yes| Maximum weight recommendation: 20lb
- Five adjustable height settings
- Sleek and stylish design
- Three-position slide functions
- Has a large co-sleeping accessory storage basket
- Comfortable mattress for sound sleep
- Breathable mesh fabric with great visibility
- Low side-coverage height
- May need additional mattress sheet coverage
How To Choose The Right Baby Co-sleeper?
Listed below are some factors that you may consider while choosing the best baby co-sleeper.
- Versatility: A versatile co-sleeper can be converted into a stand-alone sleeper during the daytime. It could be a sound investment if you buy a sleeper that can perform both roles rather than having two separate cribs for your baby.
- Safety: According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, every crib or co-sleeper has to be designed following some safety rules, to lower the chances of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDs). It has to be thin and firm enough to offer comfort to the baby and not sink in too much. You may also consider a co-sleeper that is safety-tested.
- Visibility: Consider buying co-sleepers with mesh walls or net that are see-through and facilitate good air circulation. These also make it easier for you to keep an eye on your baby without getting up.
- Easy-to-clean: There could be accidents in and around the crib in the form of throw-ups, spit-ups, or an overflowing diaper. It is, therefore, essential to buy a co-sleeper with removable and washable mattress covers.
- Portability: If you are a frequent traveler, consider a foldable and portable co-sleeper that you can take anywhere.
Rachel Nelson, a child care and housekeeping specialist, says, “Some bedside co-sleeping bassinets have added storage, and some don’t. If you need added storage underneath for diapers or other baby accessories, make sure to purchase storage that you can keep close by.”
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do co-sleepers increase the risk of SIDS?
A co-sleeper will not increase the risk of SIDs, but sleeping with the baby on the same bed (bed-sharing) can be risky. Bed-sharing may cause suffocation from pillows, blankets, or the parent’s body. It holds true in the case of heavy sleepers and parents who drink alcohol, smoke, or are on medications.
2. How long can my baby use a co-sleeper?
You may use a co-sleeper until your baby can get in and out of bed on their own. Also, it is time to switch when the baby starts to roll consistently, and there is more risk of falling from the bed.
3. Is it okay to co-sleep with a newborn?
Newborns should be in close contact with their mother’s skin as soon as they are born. However, experts recommend that sleeping with a newborn in the same bed is not advisable as it may cause suffocation and lead to SIDS (1).
5. Do babies sleep better in co-sleepers?
Yes, they do because they feel secure, as the parents are close to them. Also, they may wake up less often.
Co-sleepers offer a safe sleep space for a six- to 12-month-old baby as they keep the baby protected from falls while they sleep close to you. The best baby co-sleepers also make night feeds easy and eliminate the need to check in on your baby constantly. When buying a co-sleeper, consider the size and quality to ensure it lasts for several months. An ideal option is a convertible co-sleeper that doubles as a crib for afternoon naps, such as the Mika Micky Baby Bassinet Bedside Sleeper. Ensure the co-sleeper adheres to ASTM, CPSC, and JMPA safety standards like the Papablic 2-in-1 Bonni Baby Bassinet or the Baby Delight Beside Me Dreamer Bassinet & Bedside Sleeper does.
Infographic: Buying Guide For Baby Co-Sleepers
Co-sleepers allow new parents to put their babies to sleep right next to them by attaching the sleepers to their beds. So, you can keep an eye on your child and attend to their needs throughout the night without having to walk to another room. Take a look at this infographic below to determine the right co-sleeper for your baby.
- How to Keep Your Sleeping Baby Safe: AAP Policy Explained
- Bedside Sleepers Business Guidance & Small Entity Compliance Guide
- How to Keep Your Sleeping Baby Safe: AAP Policy Explained
Why Trust MomJunction?
Vibha Navarathna uses her experience in child and pregnancy-related products to bring the best ones for the readers. In this article on the best baby co-sleepers, she lists the top-rated products after comparing the reviews across various websites and forums while considering factors such as safety, versatility, and portability. The buying guide included here will further help you decide on a co-sleeper trusted by moms and dads and one best suited to your unique needs.