Baby diapers are saviors during the night and when you are outdoors with your baby. They absorb urine and keep the baby dry for up to 12 hours. These diapers are available in both disposable and reusable forms.
You need to exercise caution while buying these diapers, as they will be in direct contact with your baby’s skin. Make sure you buy the right size and fit, and remember to apply diaper rash cream or oil on the baby’s skin before putting the diaper on to prevent diaper rashes.
Here is a list of some of the best baby diapers in India. However, before going through the list, here are a few safety measures to follow while using diapers for your baby.
Precautions To Follow While Using Baby Diapers
Follow these precautions to make diapers safe and comfortable for your baby.
- Change your baby’s diaper every two to three hours.
- If the baby passes stools, then make sure you change the diaper immediately.
- Check the baby’s skin regularly for rashes.
To learn more about the precautions you need to take, click here.
13 Best Baby Diapers In India
Eliminate the hassle of frequent diaper changes and keep your little one dry and relaxed with the Premium Care pants by Pampers. These cottony soft diapers lock the wetness away from the little ones’ skin for over 12 hours and feature 10 million micropores for enhanced breathability. It has stretchable leg openings that let the little one move freely. The diapers also have a scratch-free belt and an aloe-infused anti-rash blanket to prevent skin inflammations and provide all-around comfort.
- Dermatologist-tested diapers
- Built-in wetness indicator
- Includes easy disposable tapes
- Free of latex and other toxic materials
- Available from sizes XS to XX-large
- Some may not like its smell
- May not be true to size
These diapers are easy to pull and remove and can come in handy during an emergency diaper change situation. Made of non-woven, soft, and breathable material, it can give 12 hours of absorption and is designed to be gentle on your baby’s skin.
The bottom layer consists of hydrophilic gel magnets that absorb large amounts of liquid and keep your baby dry, making it one of the best diapers for your baby. The diaper has a zig-zag channel top layer that gives a large absorbing area and helps in uniform distribution of liquid. The trickle-lock side cuffs help prevent leakage, and the additional blue dispersion layer gives a dry feel to your baby.
It is available in small, medium, large, and X-large sizes, and you can also choose from the unit counts between 62 and 234.
Waking up in the middle of the night to change your baby’s diaper can be tiring. The Extra Absorb diaper pants by MamyPoko are a perfect solution for overnight diaper leaks. These innovative pants feature a widespread crisscross sheet with a 50% extra absorption area on the sides that absorbs for up to 12 hours, ensuring your baby and you sleep peacefully through the night. In addition, the diaper prevents leakage without adding bulk or heaviness, so your baby can move freely and comfortably.
- Easy to wear and remove
- Has a flexible waistband for easy movement and comfort
- Soft and breathable material for sensitive skin
- Dermatologically tested
- Available in a transparent color for easy identification and less laundry sorting
- Made of high-quality materials for durability
- Can be bulky for infants
- May be uncomfortable for babies exceeding the size range
Here’s a diaper specifically designed to provide comfort and protection for your little one. Huggies Little Snugglers diaper features Huggies’ GentleAbsorb Liner, which pulls away mess to protect your baby’s delicate skin. In addition, its Leak Lock System provides up to 12 hours of long-lasting protection from leakages. Made of hypoallergenic, soft, and breathable materials, the diaper is suitable for daily use.
- Comes with a wetness indicator
- Soft and breathable outer cover
- Free of fragrance, lotion, parabens, and harsh chemicals
- Designed to comfortably fit babies weighing 12-18lb
- Available in a convenient 84-count pack
- May run a size large
- May not be soft enough
If you are looking for diapers that are easy to put on/off, try these Little Angel baby diapers. The 360° soft elastics perfectly fit your baby and are also flexible to offer free movement.
The fluid distribution channels distribute the liquid evenly and keep the diaper’s surface dry, and the advanced double leak protection ensures no spillage and keeps the baby’s skin dry. The ultra-soft fabric is breathable and also gives maximum comfort. Each diaper comes with a yellow stripe that turns blue when a diaper change is required.
Himalaya Total Care Baby Pants Diapers are a complete solution to your baby’s diapering needs. They are Infused with aloe vera and yashada bhasma to provide a protective anti-rash shield. In addition, the diapers include a super absorbent polymer (SAP) layer, ensuring your baby stays dry and comfortable. These pants are easy to wear and clean, making diaper-changing convenient for parents.
- Help reduce the activity of harmful enzymes
- Comfortable and easy-to-wear pant-style design
- Large size (9-14 kg) for growing babies
- Convenient 76-count pack
- May not be suitable for all-night use
- May not fit younger babies
Charlie Banana’s Reusable and Washable Cloth Diapers protect your baby’s delicate skin with a fluffy fleece lining, providing optimum comfort and softness. Thoughtfully designed, these diapers are tested for harmful substances and bear the Oeko-Tex Standard 100 to care for your baby’s skin. The diapers feature wide back elastics, waist snaps, and inner leg elastics that can be adjusted according to the baby’s fit, preventing leaks. The diapers are suitable for babies aged between zero and 36 months.
- Eco-friendly and sustainable alternative to disposable diapers
- Can be used for both day and night use
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Adjustable elastic straps
- May require more frequent laundry loads
- May be tedious to adjust the size
Bella Baby Happy Small Diapers are made of latex- and chlorine-free material that is gentle on your baby’s delicate skin. The diapers come in a pack of 44 and are suitable for long-lasting use. Designed with adjustable leg elastics and waist snaps, the diapers ensure complete comfort for your baby for hours at a stretch. The diapers can fit babies aged between zero and 36 months.
- Keeps the baby’s skin healthy and rash-free
- Airflow technology
- Easy-to-use design
- Highly absorbent
- Size may run small
- Tapes may not be great
Alter Organic Bamboo Diapers are carefully designed to absorb moisture in seconds and keep your little one dry and happy. It features a taped style, making the diapers easy to put on and remove. These diapers are also eco-friendly and gentle on your baby’s skin. They come in a pack of 34 and accommodate newborns and babies weighing up to four kilograms.
- Organic bamboo provides natural protection to sensitive skin
- Hypoallergenic and antibacterial
- Free of chemicals, fragrance, and dye
- Quick-absorbent core for extra dryness
- Wetness indicator to alert for a diaper change
- May not fit larger babies
- Not reusable
Designed to offer optimal comfort and protection for babies, the Snuggy premium diaper pants feature a waistband resembling underwear for a secure fit that adjusts to the baby’s movements and is easy to put on and take off. Its absorb-lock core feature allows targeted protection and the leg openings are similar to briefs to avoid leaks, keeping the baby dry and safe. The in-built wetness indicator alarms you for a diaper change, and the gel component efficiently absorbs moisture, making the diaper ideal for regular use. Additionally, these diapers are eco-friendly, compact, and lightweight.
The Mamaearth plant-based diaper pants are ideal for parents looking to use natural products for their babies. They feature advanced leak protection for better absorption and are eco-friendly. Suitable for babies from 12-17 kg, the diapers are also free from latex, lotion, fragrance, and chlorine bleaching.
Additionally, they come with a wetness indicator for a timely diaper change and have a gel component that efficiently absorbs moisture, making them ideal for regular use. Its soft and stretchy waistband allows easy removal and disposal, and the tear-resistant layers provide overnight protection from leakages.
The LuvLap diaper pants provide optimal comfort and protection to your baby. They are made from soft, comfortable, and alcohol-free materials, which are gentle on your baby’s skin. The diaper pants come with an elastic waistband to ensure maximum comfort. Additionally, it features aloe vera lotion to prevent rashes and provides up to 12 hours of protection from leakage, making it the ideal choice for babies up to five kgs. Available in a convenient pack of 30, these are lightweight and compact.
The Pampimo baby pants come The Aiwibi Australia diapers feature bubble bed technology for enhanced comfort and softness. They are 100% leak-proof, have an adjustable fit, and are made from ultra-soft non-woven fabric to ensure maximum softness. The diapers also have a wetness indicator for signaling diaper change. Gentle on your baby’s skin, these diapers are free from dyes, fragrances, parabens, chlorine, and phthalates.
How To Choose The Right Baby Diaper?
As a diaper comes in contact with your baby’s skin and is constantly put on, it is important to choose the right diaper. Here are a few points to consider while buying baby diapers.
- Size: It is important to buy the right-sized diaper, as larger sizes have higher chances of leakage, whereas smaller sizes might be too tight and may result in diaper rashes.
- Design: Diapers can be of two types, pant and strap styles. Pant-type diapers are easy to put on and remove, while the strap type can be secured using the soft Velcro straps present on either side. So, choose the style that is comfortable for you.
- Absorption time: The absorption time varies from six to 12 hours. It is best to choose the higher absorption rate diapers for night times or when you need to be outdoors with the baby for prolonged hours.
- Disposable or cloth: Use-and-throw diapers are designed for use only once, whereas cloth diapers are reusable. The disposable ones are easy to use, while the cloth diapers are eco-friendly and light on the pocket.
- Additional features: You can also look for other features like fragrance, wetness indicator, stretch sides, and an extra protective layer to keep the baby’s skin moisturized and prevent rashes.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are diapers safe for newborn babies?
Diapers are considered safe for newborns, and some brands have also designed diapers, especially for newborn babies. However, consult your pediatrician if you have any doubts or apprehensions.
2. How long can we use a size one diaper?
You can use a size one diaper until the baby weighs between eight and 14lb and reaches the age of four months.
3. How can I determine the size of the diaper for my baby?
You can determine your baby’s diaper size based on their weight and age. Here is a size guide.
|N||Newborn to first weeks||Up to 10lb|
|1||Two to four months||8 to 14lb|
|2||Four to seven months||12 to 18lb|
|3||Seven to 12 months||16 to 28lb|
|4||18 to 48 months||22 to 37lb|
|5||Three years and up||27lb and up|
|6||Four years and up||35lb and up|
The best diapers come loaded with features to keep your baby comfortable while also being affordable. The ones listed here are made of soft, breathable, and baby-friendly material and are highly absorbent. You may opt for disposable or cloth diapers and pant or strap-style diapers based on your preference. Some diapers even come with wetness indicators to let you know the time for a diaper change and feature protective layers to keep your baby’s bum supple and free of irritation. When choosing one, ensure you determine the diaper size based on their age.
Infographic: Safety Tips For Using Baby Diapers
The safety and comfort of the baby is the top priority for parents when choosing any baby products, including baby diapers. Diapers can help to keep the baby dry and prevent dirtying their clothes. However, you must know safety tips to prevent diaper rash and other conditions. Explore the below infographic to learn more about it.