Apart from essentials like diapers, feeding bottles, rash creams, etc., it is also important to keep a baby first aid kit handy before you bring your newborn home. Raising a baby requires a lot of time, patience, and constant monitoring. Hence, you never know what you will need, especially when it comes to the health of your baby.
Among other things, your child’s first aid kit should include items such as nail clippers designed for babies, a comb, a toothbrush and toothpaste, a thermometer, a medicine dropper, nasal drops, a gauze, and bandages among other things. If you are looking for the best baby first aid kits, you can take a look at this list compiled by MomJunction. Before we jump into the list, let’s keep some safety tips in mind.
Safety Tips To Keep In Mind When Using Baby First Aid Kits
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after handling the first aid kit.
- Clean not only the tools inside the kit but also the kit itself frequently.
- Never leave the kit unattended, especially if you have other children under the age of 5.
- Do not share the tools in the kit with other children.
- Ensure that instruments like nail clippers aren’t too sharp.
10 Best Baby First Aid Kits
It is one of the most comprehensive baby first aid kits and comes with a medicine syringe and dispenser to administer the daily dose of medicine easily. You can also relieve your baby’s nasal congestion with the nasal aspirator provided. It also contains a baby nail clipper and 5 emery boards to keep your baby’s nails filed at all times.
- Comes with 21 essential items
- Durable storage bag
- Includes forehead and a digital thermometer
- Teether, gum massager, and finger brush are provided
- BPA, phthalate, and latex-free
- It takes time to get a reading from the thermometer
You need not look for any other baby first aid kit as this one has everything you will ever need. The tools included come neatly packaged in a travel-friendly zippered case. It also comes with a 3-in-1 thermometer which can be used to take an oral, rectal, or underarm temperature.
- 25 piece kit
- The case is adjustable
- Includes a brush, cradle cap comb, and toothbrush
- Also comes with nail clippers, nasal aspirator, bottle medicine dispenser etc
- If the instruments are not stacked properly, the storage bag becomes bulky
Perfect for home or for when you need to step out, this compact baby travel first aid kit is trusted by parents from all over the country. It comes with a nasal aspirator, a digital thermometer, which is housed by a sturdy case, and a nail clipper.
- Easy to store and pack the bag
- Includes 7 essential tools
- Includes a medicine dropper and a medicine spoon (both with caps)
- Its unisex print makes it a great gifting option
- Value for money
- The nasal aspirator may not be of the right size
This mini baby first aid kit is extremely compact. Designed by a mom of 2, who is also a nurse, this emergency kit comes with bandages, gauze pads, a nail clipper, thermometer strips, and folds easily to fit into a tiny handbag as well.
- Comes with 50 items
- Includes triple antibiotic ointment strips
- Comes with a scissors, tweezers, and safety pins
- Also includes antibacterial wipes
- Folds 4 times over to fit in small bags
- Doesn’t include tools like a nasal aspirator or a gum massager
This first aid kit is not just an excellent choice for babies, but the mother as well. It comes with a Fridet mom washer, a hospital bag, and a postpartum peri bottle for moms. For babies, it includes Nose Frida the SnotSucker, a nail clipper set, and a nail file.
- Ideal for both moms and babies
- Reusable and customizable pouch
- Includes a gas pipe for babies
- Comes with 20 NoseFrida hygiene filters
- Comes with a waterproof Fridet pouch
- As it is not compact, it may not fit in a diaper bag easily
No matter how careful we are, our children sometimes fall ill and get cuts and bruises. So, a first aid kit like this one should always be kept handy. It includes burn ointment gel sachets, metal tweezers, and hypoallergenic tapes as well. To keep your child distracted, you can make use of the cute finger puppet.
- 68 pieces
- Includes reward stickers
- Includes bandages, plasters, and scissors
- Waterproof pouch
- It doesn’t come with a thermometer or dental tools
Not just ideal for your newborn, this first aid kit will come in handy for your toddler and your entire family as well. Housed in an ambulance-toy, the supplies inside the kit are medical-grade. It comes with two separate storage compartments as well.
- Attractive casing
- Comes with 46 pieces
- Includes a thermometer, an emergency blanket, and soap wipes
- Also comes with PVC gloves, an ice pack, and scissors etc
- Although the kit is light, its size makes it difficult to carry in a handbag
Now you can kiss all of your child’s cuts and bruises goodbye with this comprehensive baby first aid kit! It comes packed with essentials like ointments, wipes, bandages, and cold packs, among others. The products are latex-free, and the kit is compact.
- Comes with 105 essential pieces
- Reusable container
- Made of recycled plastic
- Includes a pair of scissors, tweezers, and earbuds
- It takes time to repack it as the pouch may be small
Ideal for use at home or on-the-go, this first aid kit for babies comes with products that are fully-tested and CE-marked. It comes with a cold pack, a pair of scissors, vinyl gloves, alcohol-free wipes, and hypoallergenic plasters, among other items.
- Contains 33 items
- Sturdy water repellent pouch
- All products are latex-free
- Can be carried as hand luggage
- The thermometer included is a single-use thermometer
As the name suggests, this first aid kit is an ideal solution for travel. As it is compact and lightweight, you can carry it in even the smallest of bags, or simply clip it on around the handle of your handbag.
- Includes 50 essential pieces
- Comes with colored bandages, antibiotic ointment, and burn gel packets
- Also includes adhesive tape and sting relief wipes
- Unisex pouch
- The clip is not very durable
How To Choose Right Baby First Aid Kits
Here are a few things you should keep in mind before choosing a first aid kit for your child:
- Ensure that the products are BPA, phthalate, and latex-free.
- The first aid kit should ideally come with essentials like a thermometer, a nasal aspirator, a gum massager, a soft finger brush, baby nail clippers, a medicine dropper, and a baby brush or comb.
- You never know what you may need, so go that extra mile and look for a first aid kit that also includes emery boards, a roll of sterile gauze, adhesive tapes, alcohol-free wipes, and burn ointment.
- As first aid kits come with many essentials, it is important to choose one with an easy-access pouch or case. Look for one that has many compartments and is waterproof as well.
- You should ideally look for a first aid kit that fits in either your baby’s diaper bag or your own handbag.
- It is wise to purchase a new first aid kit for your newborn rather than using a hand me down.
Having a newborn baby at home means that you have to constantly be alert and take extra precautions to keep your baby out of harm’s way. This also includes keeping your baby well-groomed and monitoring his eating habits and health in general. To help you do that, a first aid kit can come in extremely handy. If you are on the hunt for one, we hope that this list has been helpful to you.
[ Read : Mamaearth Complete Baby Care Kit Review ]
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I use the baby first aid kit with my older kids?
As most baby first aid kits come with age recommendations, one should ideally follow that. However, it is not wise to use the same kit for your newborn and an older child. If you must use some instruments for your older child, make sure that it is sanitized thoroughly before and after use.
2. What do you need in your baby first aid kit?
Here are a few essential items that baby first aid kits must have – baby nail clippers, a thermometer, a toddler toothbrush and toothpaste, a nasal aspirator, gauze and bandages, tweezers, a pair of scissors, and a medicine dropper.