If you wish to make baby formula quickly, we have compiled a list of the best baby formula makers to help you. Although you can make baby formula by hand, it can take a lot of time and may not be well-bended. Formula makers can give you perfectly blended milk without lumps to help your child drink easily. Since formula feeding leads to multiple bottles every day, it is essential to have a formula maker to make your task more manageable and less time-consuming.
However, choosing the right formula maker may be challenging with various options and features. So, check out our list to know more about the listed products to make an informed decision.
Types Of Formula Makers
When it comes to baby formula makers, there are 2 types – mixing pitcher and dispenser machine. Let us learn a little about these machines.
- Mixing pitcher: It prepares a huge batch of formula at once, which can also be stored in the fridge for upto 24 hours. So, you can pour the formula directly into the bottle. It also minimizes air in the formula and produces a smooth consistency as compared to mixing by hand. They are affordable and easy to use, with the only downside being they cannot warm the bottle. You will have to do it manually by placing it in a bowl of hot water or use a bottle warming machine.
- Dispenser machine: This is an all-in-one system that delivers a correctly measured, mixed, and warmed formula every single time. All you have to do is add water and formula powder in the machine. And when it is your baby’s feeding time, simply place a bottle under the tap and press the button to dispense the formula. However, these machines might be a little too expensive for some and may not be ideal for a small kitchen as it takes up a lot of space.
10 Best Baby Formula Makers
If your baby is suffering from colic due to the consumption of air present in the formula, then Dr. Brown’s Formula Mixing Pitcher might be useful. It includes a mixing blade with an adjustable stopper that mixes the formula without lifting the blade from the surface, thereby minimizing air in the formula.
- Can make up to 32 oz. of formula at once
- Mixing blade works quickly to prepare smooth formula without clumps
- Features a locking lid that prevents spilling while mixing
- Soft-grip handle provides convenient hold
- Can be disassembled for cleaning
- Top-rack dishwasher-safe
- May not be sturdy and durable
Shop Related Products:
If you are always in a rush and are short of time to mix formula by hand, you should opt for this mixing pitcher by Munchkin. It helps prepare and store (in the fridge) up to 24 oz. of formula, which is blended to a smooth consistency.
- Reduces the amount of air in the bottle
- Includes an adjustable time ring that keeps track of when the formula was prepared
- Features a rotating mixing handle
- The mixing handle might be a little too fragile
Shop Related Products:
Hailed as the first motorized formula blending pitcher, this hands-free mixing pitcher by Baby Brezza mixes upto 28 oz. of formula at one go. With just a push of a button and motorized blades, you get a big batch of smoothly blended formula without clumps and air bubbles.
- Can be refrigerated
- Features a spill-free locking lid and no-drop spout
- Easy to clean and dishwasher-safe
- Battery-operated (3AA batteries)
- Ergonomic handle for better grip
- Free of toxic chemicals
- The lid might be hard to clean because of the battery compartment
- Batteries are not included
Shop Related Products:
The new and advanced version of the Baby Brezza Formula Pro, this automatic formula maker mixes, heats, and dispenses the right consistency of formula milk. It can hold up to 20 8-oz. bottles of formula powder and 50 oz. of water. This fully customizable machine features 3 temperature settings and an LCD control panel.
- Advanced patented mixing system
- Works well with all bottle brands and sizes
- Compatible with almost all formula types
- Removable water tank and adjustable bottle holder
- It can dispense formula and water or only water
- May not work well with hypoallergenic formula powders as they tend to clump
- Very expensive
Shop Related Products:
Prince Lionheart Versa Formula Mixer is lightweight and compact and makes for a great travel-friendly product. This easy-to-use, dual-purpose tool is made of high-quality materials, which makes it a durable product.
- Battery-operated (2 AAA variety)
- Includes 2 Interchangeable attachments – baby formula and milk frothing wands
- The formula wand works quickly to remove lumps
- Compatible with all bottle sizes
- Does not include batteries
- Measurements need to be made manually
Shop Related Products:
Baby Brezza Formula Pro is one of the best baby formula maker machines that provide a hassle-free experience. With its patented MIXING TECHNOLOGY, it can combine formula powder and water to dispense milk that is the right temperature and with minimal air bubbles.
- It takes not more than 30 seconds to fill 1 bottle
- Stores up to 700 grams of formula powder
- Control panel allows you to select the bottle size manually
- Features 1 temperature setting
- Airtight formula storage and removable water tank
- Features adjustable bottle tray
- Works well with all bottles brands and sizes
- May not be compatible with Similac Alimentum formula
- Maintenance could be tedious
Preparing formula milk on the go couldn’t get any easier than this! This compact and portable handheld mixer is easy to use and is powerful enough to quickly blend your baby’s pre-measured formula directly in the bottle.
- Operates with 2 AA batteries
- Comes with a carry case for convenient storage
- Includes 2 plastic mixer wands
- Easy to clean
- Can also be used to mix protein drinks, salads, and dressings
- Does not come with batteries
This baby formula maker machine is an excellent choice for new parents. It not only prepares the right consistency of formula for your baby but also features an intelligent sensor. It is easy to use and automatically mixes accurate measurements of powder and water.
- Dispenses formula milk in 10 seconds
- Contains no air bubbles or lumps
- Compatible with virtually all formula and bottle brands
- Digital temperature control ranges from 104°F to 158°F
- BPA-free and FDA-approved
- Features high-temperature cleaning technology to remove residue
- Adjustable bottle tray
- Needs to be cleaned regularly to prevent formula build-up
This is a smart baby formula maker that works through an app. It can prepare a bottle of milk at the right temperature in 8 seconds flat, thanks to its thermoblock instant heating function. Simply scan the QR code of the machine with your phone, and it’s ready to use. As long as you have Wi-Fi enabled, you can operate the device from anywhere.
- Allows you to adjust the temperature, concentration, and capacity of milk through the app
- Airtight formula storage container
- Made from environmentally-friendly materials
- Detachable and adjustable bottle holding tray
- 18 safety sensors and child-lock protection
- Touch panel and LED night light
- Auto-cleaning mechanism
- The formula may get clogged in the machine frequently
This automatic machine is convenient to use and makes an accurate concentration of formula and water at the right temperature. All you have to do is fill the container with formula powder and water, and press the button whenever you want a bottle feed for your baby.
- User-friendly design
- 3-second rapid heating and cooling technology
- Low-energy consumption
- Made of food-grade materials
- Easy to clean
- May not work well with some formula brands
Now that you have gone through the list, let’s look at some key points you need to consider before investing in a baby formula maker.
Benefits Of Baby Formula Makers
Baby bottle makers are quite a helpful tool, especially for new parents, and here is why you should buy them.
- Convenient and fast: Baby bottle makers are easy to operate whether you choose a mixing pitcher or an all-in-one dispenser machine. With the help of these machines, you can be sure that your baby is drinking perfectly mixed formula without air.
- Correct temperature and measurements: An automatic machine that does everything from measuring the right amount of formula and water to warming the liquid to the proper temperature (set by you) is an excellent choice for parents who are always busy. This saves a lot of your time, especially if your baby is hungry and needs a bottle feed immediately.
- Sterilization: Sterilizing baby bottles is extremely important because it helps kill germs and protect your baby from infections. There are a few baby bottle makers in the market that also have the option of sterilizing bottles. This is yet another time and money-saver.
Check out these essential factors when buying a baby formula maker.
A Buying Guide To Choose The Right Baby Formula Maker
- Type: As mentioned earlier, there are 2 types of baby formula makers – while one is automatic, the other is manually operated. Automated machines are much more convenient to use – with just the push of a button, they can mix the right ratio of formula and water, blend, and dispense it into a bottle. But if you don’t have enough space on your kitchen counter, a manually operated formula maker is the right choice. Look for a product based on your preference and convenience.
- Material: Always ensure that the baby formula maker you are buying is made of BPA and chemical-free material. Aside from that, it should also have high resistance to heat and be durable.
- Size: The size of the product depends on your kitchen space and whether it is easy to store when not in use.
- Capacity: By capacity, what we mean is how much formula the machine can store. The more the capacity, the easier it will be since you won’t have to make formula milk often.
- Maintenance: Your baby formula maker must be cleaned regularly, which will prevent the build-up of mold that can carry bacteria and make your baby ill. Though some machines are dishwasher-safe, you need to choose a product that is easy for you to clean.
- Ease of use: Baby formula makers are designed to cut down on parents’ time and effort. A product that comes with easy-to-follow instructions is the one you should choose.
Formula feeding your child comes with its own challenges. Sterilizing the bottles, preparing the formula without air and lumps, and then cleaning the bottles can be quite taxing when done daily. That’s why you need a baby formula maker that can cut down your time of preparing formulas. With our list of the 10 best baby formula makers, we hope it’s easy for you to choose the one that suits your needs the best. Have you tried any of these formula making machines? Do share your experience with us. We would love to hear from you!