A baby lounger is a specially designed pillow that has a central groove (customized support), so that babies can comfortably lie down while you supervise them from a distance. These baby loungers are a great option during traveling, or to provide a comfortable spot to lay your baby on the porch or in the backyard. The best part is, they also provide busy new moms a chance to have hands-free moments with their newborns.
With a great quality baby lounger, your baby can kick and play safely wherever you put them. Some baby loungers are also intended for co-sleeping. Keep reading to find some of the best baby loungers that you can buy for your baby.
Before first, we discuss a few safety tips to follow while using a baby lounger.
Safety Tips While Using A Baby Longer
A baby lounger may be a good choice to place your baby on while you work, but only if you take certain safety precautions while using it.
- Consult with your pediatrician before opting for a baby lounger.
- Do not leave your baby unsupervised in the lounger.
- Make sure the baby lounger is also designed for co-sleeping before letting the baby sleep in it.
- Always place the baby on its back while placing them in the lounger.
- Always wash the covers, and layers of the lounger thoroughly.
- Do not use any loose blankets to layer the lounger as it could lead to suffocation.
- Always place the lounger on a secure, flat, and firm surface.
- Never use the components of the lounger separately, as any loose fabrics or cords might lead to suffocation.
15 Best Baby Loungers For Busy New Moms
This baby lounger is said to of the perfect size to support your little one when they lie down on it. It is also designed to let you enjoy hands-free moments with your baby.
- Soft and lightweight
- Can carry anywhere
- Unique recessed interior for the baby’s safety
- Can be wiped clean and also washed in a machine
- Comfortable place for the baby to kick and coo
- Babies might outgrow it quickly
- Non-removable fabric cover
Recommended for infants aged zero to nine months old, this baby lounger could be one of the best ones to give you a hands-free moment with your baby. It can also be used for sitting up, tummy time, and changing diapers.
- Designed to safely place the baby
- Comes with a unique snuggling sensation
- Made with GOTS certified organic and non-toxic fabric
- Polyester fiber filling makes it machine-washable
- Removable outer fabric cover
- It may retain heat
- Center part might be too small for some babies
With nine different colors and patterns to choose from, this baby lounger is said to be designed to create a cozy and safe environment for your baby to relax. This lounger is travel-friendly and can be carried in stylish travel bags (sold separately) wherever you go.
- Raised edges to provide a secure and cozy environment
- Ideal for tummy time
- Fabric does not harbor heat
- Portable and travel-friendly
- Can also be used for co-sleeping
- Toy hoops to attach a toy arch
- Fabric may not be breathable.
- It does not collapse
The interior of this baby lounger is made of 100% breathable cotton, and the exterior is made of soft velvet, which gives it an elegant look. It is designed to mimic the mother’s womb and can be used for babies from zero to 24 months of age.
- Made of comfortable fabrics
- Easy-to-switch two-side patterned fabric
- Detachable cord to adjust the length for your baby’s growing body
- Comes with a detachable bumper
- Zipper to easily disassemble
- A convenient handle to carry easily
- Difficult to clean
- Some may find the product expensive
With cushioned edges and a reassuring cocoon-like design, this could be one of the best baby loungers. It is made of ultra-soft and luxurious materials to provide a safe and comfortable environment for your baby.
- Fitted head support to prevent the flat head syndrome
- Adjustable leg support to raise the legs (said to prevent colic)
- Adjustable headroom to fit your baby’s growing head size
- Lightweight, foldable, and travel-friendly
- No raised edges, so the baby might wiggle out.
- The head support may not be sufficient.
Made with 100% organic, breathable, and hypoallergenic cotton, this could be one of the best baby loungers available. Along with lounging, it can also be used for co-sleeping, sleep positioning, and tummy time. This lounger comes in two different colors.
- Soft, cushiony raised edges
- Water, odor, and stain-resistant, easy-to-clean
- Comes with a travel bag
- Cord to shorten the length of the bed
- Buckle to accommodate your baby’s growing legs
- Side handles to attach a toy arch
- Zipper to easily remove and wash the outer fabric
- Walls might be too bulky for a newborn.
- Size may be small for some babies.
The YGJT lounger for babies can be used for both hands-free lounging and co-sleeping during the early days of the baby. It is made with 60-yarn cotton that is soft, smooth, and breathable, and could be a good choice to lay the newborn comfortably.
- Cords to extend the length of the lounger
- Hidden zipper to remove the outer cloth and wash
- Convenient side handles
- Detachable bumper
- Vacuum packaging technology to occupy less space while traveling
- Size might be too small for some babies
- The middle portion does not have enough cushioning
With an aesthetic design and soft material, this could be one of the best baby loungers your baby could relax in while you supervise them from your workstation. The DHZJM baby lounger comes in two different colors and designs.
- Made with breathable, non-toxic materials
- Can also be used for co-sleeping
- Length can be adjusted as per the baby’s growth
- Lightweight, easy to carry
- Detachable outer ring, pad, and a hidden zipper for easy cleaning
- No head support
- May not be cozy enough to make the baby feel secure
Designed to mimic the shape of the mother’s womb, this baby lounger is said to provide comfort and security for your baby. The lounger can also be used to let the baby sleep.
- Cushioned edges for safety
- Head support to prevent flat head
- Removable top and bottom pillows made with memory foam
- Length can be adjusted to big, medium, and small sizes
- Can be used for up to six months
- Velcro used for the head and leg pillow needs to be smoothed out
- Head support may not be adequate
With seven different patterns to choose from, this baby lounger is said to be designed in the shape of the mother’s womb. It can also be used for co-sleeping and bed-sharing.
- Made with breathable cotton
- Has a detachable headrest baby pillow
- Polyester filling, machine-washable
- Lightweight and travel friendly
- Cord to adjust the length
- The sides are not firm; the baby may roll out
- The baby may not feel snug due to the extra space
With dimensions of 80 x 50 cm / 31.5in x 19.69in and a total weight of 0.85kg, this baby lounger can also be used as a bassinet bed or a travel bed.
- Made of 100% cotton that is breathable and hypoallergenic
- Designed to fit the spine
- Cover is two-sided and both the sides can be used
- Machine and hand washable
- Cotton padding side guard rail design prevents the baby from rolling out
- High-quality polymer fiber filling
- Buckle to adjust the length and side handles to carry easily
- No head support
- Could be hard to assemble
- Simple design and portable
- The cover can be used both sides
- Detachable parts and machine-washable
- Head support pillow
- Baby may outgrow this lounger soon
- The sides may not be sturdy
This cute baby lounger is made of a soft premium 3D mesh fabric that is breathable and durable. It comes in dimensions 39 x 23.5in and weighs 5.2lb, and can be used on a baby crib, and an adult bed.
- Five-degree elevated gentle cushion layer
- Portable with easy-to-carry side handles
- Head support
- The foam may not be sturdy
- Size might be too big for younger babies
The OMORC baby lounger could be one of the best baby loungers for newborns. It has a simple design with a central groove to keep the baby cozy and comfortable. It also comes in attractive prints.
- Bionic design, to raise the feet above stomach level (may help in preventing colic)
- The outer cover is spill-resistant and machine-washable
- Easy-to-remove cover
- Portable design
- Substitute covers available (should be purchased separately)
- Cannot adjust the height, and baby can outgrow quickly
- No raised edges
With a plump mattress and bumpers, this baby lounger can also be used for co-sleeping. It is designed to mimic the shape of the mother’s womb and said to provide a safe and comfortable space for your baby to sleep peacefully.
- Made with 100% organic, breathable cotton
- Cord to adjust the length of the lounger
- Side handles to carry easily
- High-quality zipper to remove the cover for convenient washing
- Free mattress pad
- Inner liners are not waterproof
- Might become too big for newborns
What To Look For While Buying A Baby Lounger
Utmost caution is required while buying a baby lounger. Here are a few points to consider when buying one.
- Materials: The fabric and the inner fillings used in the lounger should be soft and breathable so that your baby can be cozy and comfortable when lounging. Usually, baby loungers are made with cotton and polyester, which are durable. However, cotton is breathable and soft. Ideal choice would be materials that are non-toxic and hypoallergenic.
- Safety: The major purpose of the lounger is to give you some hand-free time with your baby, so pick one that keeps them safe and secure even if you’re supervising them from a distance. Look for a lounger that has high edges and is of the perfect size to fit your baby comfortably.
- Grows with the baby: A baby lounger can be used from zero to 24months, so choose a lounger with adjustable height to accommodate your growing baby.
- Other features: Other features such as maintenance, portability, and multipurpose design, could also become plus points while choosing a baby longer.
With proper use and supervision, a baby lounger can become the perfect place where your baby could relax, even if you’re at a distance. There are many models of baby loungers available, so carefully choose one that is suitable for you and your baby.