A baby lounger is a specially designed pillow with a central groove (for customized support) and allows babies to lie down comfortably while you keep an eye on them from afar. Therefore, you should consider buying the best baby loungers. These pillows are also useful for traveling and can serve as a comfy place to put your baby on the porch or in the backyard. Moreover, these infant nap cushions let you spend time with your baby without holding them.
Your baby can kick and play safely wherever you place them on a baby lounger. Co-sleeping is also possible with several baby loungers. We have compiled a list of some excellent baby loungers in this post and have included the safety tips you should follow when using a baby lounger.
Safety Tips While Using A Baby Longer
A baby lounger may be a good choice to place your baby on while you work, but only if you take certain safety precautions while using it.
- Consult with your pediatrician before opting for a baby lounger.
- Do not leave your baby unsupervised in the lounger.
- Make sure the baby lounger is also designed for co-sleeping before letting the baby sleep in it.
- Always place the baby on its back while placing them in the lounger.
- Always wash the covers, and layers of the lounger thoroughly.
- Do not use any loose blankets to layer the lounger as it could lead to suffocation.
- Always place the lounger on a secure, flat, and firm surface.
- Never use the components of the lounger separately, as any loose fabrics or cords might lead to suffocation.
14 Best Baby Loungers For Busy New Moms
This baby lounger is of the perfect size to support your little one when they lie down on it. It is also designed to let busy new mothers spend time with their babies without holding them.
- Soft and lightweight
- Can carry anywhere
- Unique recessed interior for the baby’s safety
- Can be wiped clean and also washed in a machine
- Comfortable place for the baby to kick and coo
- Babies might outgrow it quickly
- Non-removable fabric cover
Recommended for infants aged zero to nine months old, this baby lounger could be one of the best ones to give you a hands-free moment with your baby. It can also be used for sitting up, tummy time, and changing diapers. Click here to check out this YouTuber’s unbiased review.
- Designed to safely place the baby
- Comes with a unique snuggling sensation
- Made with GOTS-certified organic and non-toxic fabric
- Polyester fiber filling makes it machine-washable
- Removable outer fabric cover
- May retain heat
- Center part might be too small for some babies
With nine different colors and patterns to choose from, this baby lounger is said to be designed to create a cozy and safe environment for your baby to relax. This lounger is travel-friendly and can be carried in stylish travel bags (sold separately) wherever you go.
- Raised edges to provide a secure and cozy environment
- Ideal for tummy time
- Fabric does not harbor heat
- Portable and travel-friendly
- Can also be used for co-sleeping
- Toy hoops to attach a toy arch
- Fabric may not be breathable
- Does not collapse
Boppy Original Newborn Lounger
Snuggle Me Baby Lounger
DockATot Baby Lounger
|Weight||9.6 ounces||9.6 ounces||9.6 ounces|
|Color||Pink & White||Pink & White||Pink & White|
The interior of this baby lounger is made of 100% breathable cotton, and the exterior is made of soft velvet, which gives it an elegant look. This baby naptime accessory is designed to mimic the mother’s womb and can be used for babies from zero to 24 months of age.
- Made of comfortable fabrics
- Easy-to-switch two-side patterned fabric
- Detachable cord to adjust the length for your baby’s growing body
- Comes with a detachable bumper
- Zipper to easily disassemble
- A convenient handle to carry easily
- Difficult to clean
- Some may find the product expensive
With cushioned edges and a reassuring cocoon-like design, this could be one of the best infant loungers. It is made of ultra-soft and luxurious materials to provide a safe and comfortable environment for your baby.
- Fitted head support to prevent the flat head syndrome
- Adjustable leg support to raise the legs (said to prevent colic)
- Adjustable headroom to fit your baby’s growing head size
- Lightweight, foldable, and travel-friendly
- No raised edges, so the baby might wiggle out.
- The head support may not be sufficient.
Made with 100% organic, breathable, and hypoallergenic cotton, this could be one of the best baby loungers available. One of the best baby loungers for co-sleeping, it can support multiple sleeping positions and can also be used during tummy time. This lounger comes in two different colors.
- Soft, cushiony raised edges
- Water, odor, and stain-resistant, easy-to-clean
- Comes with a travel bag
- Cord to shorten the length of the bed
- Buckle to accommodate your baby’s growing legs
- Side handles to attach a toy arch
- Zipper to easily remove and wash the outer fabric
- Walls might be too bulky for a newborn
- Size may be small for some babies
The YGJT lounger for babies can be used for both hands-free lounging and co-sleeping during the early days of the baby. It is made with 60-yarn cotton that is soft, smooth, and breathable, and could be a good choice to lay the newborn comfortably.
- Cords to extend the length of the lounger
- Hidden zipper to remove the outer cloth and wash
- Convenient side handles
- Detachable bumper
- Vacuum packaging technology to occupy less space while traveling
- Size might be too small for some babies
- The middle portion does not have enough cushioning
With an aesthetic design and soft material, this could be one of the best loungers for your baby to relax in while you supervise them from your workstation. The DHZJM baby lounger comes in two different colors and designs.
- Made with breathable, non-toxic materials
- Can also be used for co-sleeping
- Length can be adjusted as per the baby’s growth
- Lightweight, easy to carry
- Detachable outer ring, pad, and a hidden zipper for easy cleaning
- No head support
- May not be cozy enough to make the baby feel secure
Designed to mimic the shape of the mother’s womb, this baby lounger is said to provide comfort and security for your baby. The portable lounger can also be used to let the baby sleep when out and about.
- Cushioned edges for safety
- Head support to prevent flat head
- Removable top and bottom pillows made with memory foam
- Length can be adjusted to big, medium, and small sizes
- Can be used for up to six months
- Velcro used for the head and leg pillow needs to be smoothed out
- Head support may not be adequate
With seven different patterns to choose from, this baby lounger is said to be designed in the shape of the mother’s womb. It can also be used for co-sleeping and bed-sharing.
- Made with breathable cotton
- Has a detachable headrest baby pillow
- Polyester filling, machine-washable
- Lightweight and travel friendly
- Cord to adjust the length
- The sides are not firm; the baby may roll out
- The baby may not feel snug due to the extra space
If you are looking for a simple baby lounger, then this one could be ideal. It measures 35.5 x 25.5in and weighs 1.3kg and can also be used for co-sleeping and inside bassinets.
- Simple design and portable
- The cover can be used both sides
- Detachable parts and machine-washable
- Head support pillow
- Baby may outgrow this lounger soon
- Sides may not be sturdy
This cute baby lounger is made of a soft premium 3D mesh fabric that is breathable and durable. It comes in dimensions 39 x 23.5in and weighs 5.2lb, and can be used on a baby crib, and an adult bed.
- Five-degree elevated gentle cushion layer
- Portable with easy-to-carry side handles
- Head support
- Foam may not be sturdy
- Size might be too big for younger babies
The OMORC baby lounger could be one of the best newborn loungers. It has a simple design with a central groove to keep the baby cozy and comfortable. It also comes in attractive prints.
- Bionic design, to raise the feet above stomach level (may help in preventing colic)
- The outer cover is spill-resistant and machine-washable
- Easy-to-remove cover
- Portable design
- Substitute covers available (should be purchased separately)
- Cannot adjust the height, and baby can outgrow quickly
- No raised edges
With a plump mattress and bumpers, this baby lounger can also be used for co-sleeping. It is one of the best baby loungers for co-sleeping, as it is designed to mimic the shape of the mother’s womb and provides a safe and comfortable space for your baby to sleep peacefully.
- Made with 100% organic, breathable cotton
- Cord to adjust the length of the lounger
- Side handles to carry easily
- High-quality zipper to remove the cover for convenient washing
- Free mattress pad
- Inner liners are not waterproof
- Might become too big for newborns
How To Choose The Right Baby Lounger?
Utmost caution is required while buying a baby lounger. Here is what to look for while buying one.
- Materials: The fabric and the inner fillings used in the lounger should be soft and breathable so that your baby can be cozy and comfortable when lounging. Usually, baby loungers are made with cotton and polyester, which are durable. However, cotton is breathable and soft. The best lounger for a baby could be one made of materials that are non-toxic and hypoallergenic.
- Safety: The major purpose of the lounger is to give you some hand-free time with your baby, so pick one that keeps them safe and secure even if you’re supervising them from a distance. Look for a lounger that has high edges and is of the perfect size to fit your baby comfortably.
- Grows with the baby: A baby lounger can be used from zero to 24 months, so choose a lounger with adjustable height to accommodate your growing baby.
- Other features: Other features such as maintenance, portability, and multipurpose design, could also become plus points while choosing a baby longer.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Vibha Navarathna’s expertise in children’s products and household supplies enables her to put together trustworthy product lists. She has collated this buying guide of the best baby loungers for your little one after researching multiple related user forums online. These baby loungers are sturdy, comfortable, and ensure that your baby is safe and cozy while lying down.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are baby loungers worth it?
Baby loungers are useful only for the first few months, as long as your baby hasn’t started kicking arms and legs or trying to roll. However, experts recommend using loungers only under supervision.
2. How long do baby loungers last?
Baby loungers last three to six months. If your baby starts enjoying tummy time on their own, loungers may not be very useful.
3. Can a baby sleep in a lounger overnight?
No, babies shouldn’t sleep in a lounger overnight, as it may expose them to a high risk of SIDS when they roll to the sides. However, they can sleep during the day under supervision. Beware that loungers don’t come under safe sleep recommendations.
Baby loungers provide a comfortable place for babies to relax and play. If you want to invest in loungers, you may have to scan the numerous products available in the market. However, to make the decision easier, explore the best baby loungers provided here. All the products mentioned are soft, lightweight, made of non-toxic fiber, and easy to clean. Go through the product details to ensure the product you are buying fits your requirements. With baby loungers, carrying your baby will not be a chore anymore. You can place them in the lounger and relax.
Infographics: Things To Know About Using A Baby Lounger
A baby lounger can help your little one relax. It provides a womb-like feel, especially for newborns. However, per AAP, loungers might be unsafe for sleeping. So, check out the infographics below to learn more about the dos and don’ts of using loungers.
- Are Infant Loungers Safe?