Baby mittens help keep your baby warm and shield them from their tiny but razor-sharp nails. So, here’s our list of the best baby mittens to help you choose the right one. You’re probably aware of how fidgety babies can be. They scratch themselves involuntarily when they move their hands. It can be harmful because their skin is sensitive and delicate. They may scratch their eyes, which may interfere with their visual development. So, cute, lovely mittens can help deal with this issue. Available in various designs and colors, you can explore our list to find suitable mittens for your baby.
Our Top Picks
11 Best Baby Mittens
Keep your baby from scratching and pulling on their delicate skin with the Gerber Baby Girls’ 4 Pair Mittens. It comes in four different pairs of cute, adorable designs. The baby mittens are made with soft cotton rib fabric that is machine-washable. The fabric is 100% imported cotton and includes a fabric-wrapped elastic wrist band for additional comfort.
- Pull-on closure type
- Knit weave type
- Prevent little hands from scratching
- Available in different colors and prints
- Elastic band may not last longer than expected
- Seams may need to be restitched
Your newborn baby needs a pair of mittens that will prevent them from scratching themselves. That is where the Rative Newborn Baby Cotton Gloves comes to your rescue. Ideal for newborn babies from zero to six months of age, these cotton baby mittens are designed with a line of gentle elastic at the wrists to keep your baby from self scratching. It is recommended that you hand wash these newborn baby mittens to avoid the elastic from wearing out.
- Doesn’t leave marks
- Soft breathable fabric
- Wide range of colors
- May be somewhat large for newborns
- Firmness may not be the same even after some washes
Cutely designed to suit your little sailor’s needs, the Gerber Baby Boys’ 4 Pair Mittens is stylish and trendy. Why should girls have all the fun? These baby mittens include four-lap shoulder gowns and are machine-washable. They are made with 100% imported cotton. This ensures that the mittens do not fall off and perfectly fit your baby’s tiny hands.
- Button-, or loop-free closure
- Smooth and thick fabric
- Cinched elastic cuff design
- Attractive colors and prints
- May not be fade-resistant
- Elasticity may stretch after some uses
Simple, cute, and elegant, the Nurses Choice Newborn Baby Mittens are made with soft cotton to keep your baby’s hands cozy all year long. It includes a set of six pairs— three white and three blue mittens. These anti-scratch mittens for babies are designed especially for newborns and are gender-neutral mittens. They feature an elastic cuff to secure the mittens on your baby’s hands. We recommend that you hand wash these mittens and lay them flat to dry, and keep them long-lasting.
- Keep fingers warm
- Breathable material
- No additional elastic band
- Marks-free wrist design
- May have lint balls
- May not be suitable in summers
With seven adorable gender-neutral pairs to choose from, the BabyBliss 100% Cotton Anti-Scratch Baby Mittens are made with premium quality cotton and are gentle on your baby’s skin. The pretty pastel colors are made with natural dyes that are 100% safe for your baby. These baby mittens come with a reusable mesh laundry bag to keep them from getting misplaced. The baby mittens come in three different sizes and feature extra-long wrists to ensure that they stay secure on your baby’s hands.
- Wider glove
- Stretchable cuff
- Durable and soft
- May have a sizing issue
- May be a tad hard to put on
These baby mittens will protect your baby from their tiny yet mighty nails! Made with double-layered organic cotton, the Burt’s Bees Baby Girls’ Mittens is great for delicate and sensitive skin. The baby mittens are also suitable for cold weather and keep your infant’s hands toasty warm. The breathable cotton fabric is grown without any fertilizers or synthetic pesticides and is GOTS-certified. These baby mittens are combed and ring-spun for softness and durability, and they come with super soft encased elastic wrists.
- Helps to discourage thumb sucking
- Generate no pill
- Elastic may be a bit tight
- May not stay on firmly
These 100% cotton mittens are available in various cute colors and are suitable for everyday use. With multiple pairs in a pack, the mittens protect your child from scratching themselves and are gentle and comfortable on delicate skin. They are suitable for children aged up to six months.
- Machine-washable and dryable
- Elastic closure for a snug fit
- May run slightly large
- May shrink upon washing
Mittens that are extra roomy for wriggly babies, the Crummy Bunny Newborn Baby Mittens are spacious and have a wide wrist range. These baby mittens are long-lasting and can be used as your baby grows because of the extra room. It comes in pairs of three of blue, gray, and beige colors and does not restrict your baby’s movements while also protecting them from scratching their face, and skin.
- Soft cuffs
- No velcro design
- Ideal for colic babies and babies with eczema, NG feeding tube
- Colors may not be the same as seen in the image
- May be large for some
Just like you wrap your baby in your arms to keep them safe, the Paladoo Baby Mittens wrap around your baby’s hands to keep them soft and warm. The fabric is super soft and made with 100% organic cotton. It is lined with a thick sherpa fabric and has a gentle elastic at the wrist that is fluffy and keeps the mitten secure. It is of a comfortable size that allows your baby to move their hands around in just like a loose glove. They offer a 30-day return/exchange if you are not satisfied with the baby mittens.
- Thick liner
- Suitable for snowy climates
- Does not slide off
- Breathable, preventing overheating
- May be small in size
- May have uneven sewing
One of the best baby mittens for cold weather, the Baby And Toddler Winter Mittens comes in a pack of two in festive colors of red and dark gray. Lined with warm fleece and sherpa, these mittens are best suited to keep your baby’s hands warm during winter. They can be put on with ease and tightened according to your baby’s needs with its adjustable straps.
- Hook-and-loop closure
- Extra large coverage
- No toxic dyes
- May not be suitable for snowy climates
- Seams may need touch-ups
Perfect to keep your little one’s paws warm on a chilly day, the Magnificent Baby Smart Mittens is comfortable and provides great coverage. These warm mittens have a smart close magnetic fastener sewn inside each of them so they attach to avoid losing them. They are combined with super soft cotton and sherpa fleece that are lined in striped ultra-soft combed cotton to enhance the warmth your baby feels during winter.
- Phthalate- and lead-free
- Thick fabric
- No self-scratching
- May not be suitable for encouraging finger movement
- Fabric may pill
How To Choose The Right Baby Mittens?
Making the right choice for your baby when it comes to any product can be overwhelming because of how important the decision can be, especially when it’s a newborn baby. However, apart from the cuteness factor, here are a few things to consider while choosing mittens for your little one:
- Fabric: It is always wise to choose a fabric that is soft and gentle on your baby’s sensitive skin. Those precious little paws get sweaty often and so, the best option for you is to choose a breathable fabric. This can be cotton or a cotton blend.
- Wrist straps: You know how fidgety your baby can be. Therefore, you must choose mittens that have a strong yet gentle wrist elastic that will help secure the mittens on your baby’s hands. Also, remember that the elastic is not too tight that it hurts your baby, rather it is sturdy but encased with a gentle material of the fabric.
- Room to Grow: Keep in mind that your baby is growing by the minute, therefore it is essential to choose mittens that allow some wriggle room for your baby’s fingers.
- Washable: Some baby mittens are not suitable for machine wash and before making your purchase it is important to check for it. Certain brands insist that the mittens are to be hand washed. So, depending on your convenience, you can choose the one that suits you the best.
- Weather Protection: Whatever kind of baby mittens you choose, it has to protect your infant from harsh weather and keep their tiny paws warm and cozy. Therefore, it is mandatory to choose one that helps warm your baby during the winter.
Why Trust MomJunction?
We have done extensive research and scoured through different product quality parameters and reviews to create this list of the best baby mittens. You will find detailed specifications of each product along with a helpful purchasing guide to choose the right mittens for your infant. These soft and comfortable baby mittens will prevent your little ones from scratching themselves and keep their hands warm.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are Mittens Good For Babies?
Babies often tend to scratch themselves because of their constant involuntary movements. By using a pair of mittens, you can tackle this issue and prevent your baby from hurting themselves.
2. How Long Should A Baby Wear Mittens?
We advise you to keep the mittens on as long as you are around to keep an eye on your baby. This is because if the mittens come off, it could be a health hazard around the baby’s sleep area.
Baby mittens are an essential clothing component that can keep your baby’s hands warm. They also help keep babies from sucking their fingers, scratching their faces and other body parts with their nails, or accidentally pulling their hair. A baby mitten should be soft, gentle, and skin-friendly. You can choose a pair of baby mittens made from a specific material, such as cotton or wool, based on the weather conditions so that it helps keep your baby’s hands warm and cozy.
View Profile ›