Rattles are great first toys for babies and toddlers. The jingly sound that rattles make grabs the attention of our little ones and keeps them entertained. The best baby rattles are simple percussion toys that are attractive, colorful, and easy to hold. Some even serve as teethers to soothe the teething pain of toddlers.
Rattle toys aid little ones in developing their fine motor and sensory skills and improving their situational awareness and hand-eye coordination. In this post, we have listed some of the amazing rattle toys for your little one. Read on to discover more.
Our Top Picks
20 Best Baby Rattles
A rattle as well as a teether, this mesmerizing maze toy has a unique and colorful design that is attractive for babies. The loops are soft and might help in soothing a baby’s painful gums. The small cube at the center makes gentle sounds when the baby jiggles this toy.
- Easy-to-grab design.
- Smooth finish with no sharp edges.
- BPA and lead-free plastic.
- Measures 5 x 4 x 3.5 inches to fit into tiny hands.
- Could be difficult to clean.
- Chances of bacterial growth in the creases.
If you are looking for a simple and easy-to-handle rattle for your baby, then this might be a good option to try. This rattle consists of two Oballs attached to a cylinder filled with colorful beads that make a soothing noise upon jingling.
- The Oballs are soft and can soothe painful gums.
- Transparent parts with colorful beads to draw attention.
- Easy to hold and play.
- Flexible and easy to carry.
- Might not be durable.
- Could be difficult to clean
- If the cylinder breaks, the beads can become a choking hazard.
This ball-shaped rattle could become your baby’s favorite toy. With vibrant colors and an adorable caterpillar, this rattle is sure to grab the baby’s attention. The ball inside will make just the right amount of sound to entertain them.
- Easy to hold and bend.
- Compact size for the diaper bag.
- Easy to clean.
- Easily rolls back and forth.
- May not be durable.
- Baby’s fingers might get trapped in the narrow spaces.
This two-in-one rattle and teether comes in the perfect size for little hands to grab and play. The rattle has an oval structure filled with tiny colorful balls that not only make soothing sounds but also grab your little one’s attention.
- Easy to grab.
- Interesting textures to relieve teething pain.
- Might be a great toy to take when travelling.
- Might be difficult to clean.
With vibrant colors, baby-friendly designs, and unique features, this iPlay, iLearn 10pcs baby rattles set is an all-in-one package for your baby to have a good time. The rattles and teethers are said to be designed to keep your baby engaged for hours.
- The variety of models keeps babies entertained.
- Visual, tactile, hearing, and fine motor development.
- Storage box included.
- Difficult to clean and dry.
Ideal for a newborn, the First Years First Rattle could be your child’s first toy. It is not just a rattle but can also be used as a teether. It has contrasting colors and a friendly face that could make your child want to play with this toy more than any other.
- Easy-to-grab design
- Interesting and soft textures to soothe teething pain.
- Mild rattling sound.
- Can also be used as a wrist rattle.
- Some babies might find it bulky while holding or putting in mouth.
Your baby might just like this adorable rattle with a plush, cloud-shaped top part, and a transparent rainstick rattle that has beads. This part is said to be easy to grab and gives out soothing raindrops like noise upon jiggling. It also has a raindrop speaker ball at the base.
- Colorful and adorable.
- Easy to grab and in attractive colors.
- Top loop to hang it anywhere.
- Soothing sounds.
- The beads could be a choking hazard if leaked.
- Difficult to clean
This could be a good gift for a newborn baby. It contains three rattles of different shapes and colors. These are soft squishy (rubbery parts) and are said to be made of materials that are safe for babies. The design and textures also make these good teethers.
- The neck of the sphere rattle can flex 180° aids in developing grip.
- Different designs and textures.
- Makes pleasant sounds to grab the baby’s attention.
- Lint and hair might get stuck on the rubbery surface.
Highly engaging and easy to grab, the SmartNoggin rattle is said to help your baby during their early developmental stages. This rattle comes with an easy-to-use instructions booklet and is said to be a fun way for parents to bond with and entertain their babies.
- Sleek slender design, easy to grab and hold.
- Lights up in three different colors.
- Free of BPA, lead, and phthalates.
- Soft rattle sound.
- Different textures and a delight to touch.
- Might be expensive.
- Requires changing batteries.
These adorable and cute wrist rattles are said to be suitable for all babies, including newborns. Each pack contains two wrist rattles, and you can choose from Butterfly/Ladybug or Panda/Monkey variants. These rattles are easy to attach with baby-soft Velcro and can be used on wrists or ankles.
- Easy to attach and remove.
- Friendly faces to grab the baby’s attention.
- Soft texture.
- Said to be durable.
- Fit may be an issue.
- Might be too quiet for a rattle.
Designed to fit into little hands easily, this rattle has everything to keep the baby engaged. The slender body is easy to hold and jingle. The top bug-shaped portion illuminates and changes colors upon shaking. It has a compact design and can be carried anywhere.
- Soft, chewy textures to soothe teething gums.
- Easy to hold.
- Might help in promoting fine motor skills.
- A broad and sturdy base.
- Needs a change of batteries.
- Poorly placed battery case.
With colorful beads and interesting textures, this rattle cum teether could be one of the best baby rattles. The cloud placed in the center glows upon shaking and also has six colorful beads that have a soothing and engaging sound. Suitable for babies three months and up.
- Easy to hold design.
- Colorful, and a soft glow might keep the baby engaged.
- Exposure to multiple textures.
- A friendly face and a smooth finish.
- No information about the safety of the materials used.
- May contain sharp edges.
Give this dumbbell-shaped rattle for your baby and click adorable workout photos. Measuring 5.5 x 2in and 1lb weight, this rattle looks close to a workout dumbbell. It is said to have a perfect hand grip and gives out soothing sounds that could entice the baby to play with it.
- Easy to hold.
- Might be BPA and phosphate-free material.
- Unique design.
- Smooth body with no sharp edges.
- Hard plastic material might hurt the babies.
- Younger babies may not be able to lift the weight.
If you are looking for an old school rattle, then you may consider trying this one. Said to be handcrafted from organic wood, these rattles do not have any sharp edges and are sealed with a mixture of organic coconut oil and beeswax.
- Made with eco-friendly and organic materials.
- Sleek and slender design, easy to grab and jiggle.
- Ten variants to choose from.
- Durable and long-lasting.
- Might be less appealing to some children.
This cute bug rattle is simple and packed with features that might help your baby to have fun and meet their developmental goals. The soft textured wings are good to soothe teething pain. It comes in bright colors, patterns, and jingly sounds to grab your baby’s attention.
- Easy to hold.
- Two in one rattle and a teether.
- Adorable features to grab attention.
- Designs and patterns may not match the pictures.
- Difficult to clean.
Unique in design, these wrist and foot rattles are said to help babies to develop sensory stimulation and hand-foot-eye coordination. The vibrant colors and contrast textures grab the baby’s attention and entice them to play.
- Made of breathable and natural cotton.
- Safe to keep in mouth, gentle on skin.
- Engaging colors and shapes.
- Easy to put on and take off.
- Lightweight and easy to carry.
- Variable sizes as per the baby’s age.
- Might need regular washing.
If you are looking for a baby shower or a newborn baby gift, then this is just what you might need. This set of ten rattles has everything a newborn baby might like to play with. There are cute shapes such as a car, telephone receiver, a bug, etc., and each rattle has a unique feature. It also comes with a storage box.
- Wide variety to keep the baby engaged.
- Lightweight and easy to hold and play.
- Different shapes, sounds, and colors.
- Could be boiled for disinfecting.
- Made with baby-safe materials.
- Some babies might find the colors dull.
- Hard plastic parts may hurt babies teething gums.
Looking for a rattle that does more than making sounds? Then try this colorful Vtech rattle that also plays songs, music, and small phrases when the monkey’s tummy is pressed. The recommended age for this rattle is three to 18 months.
- Attractive design.
- Helps in developing early vocabulary.
- Aids in overall development.
- Requires battery changes.
- Limited songs and no volume control.
Adorable and multipurpose are two words to describe this baby rattle. This toy can be used both as a teether and a rattle. The maze-like design is made of soft silicone rubber, which might help soothe painful gums.
- Easy to hold and carry.
- Might help in the overall development of the child.
- Easy to clean.
- Some babies may not find it engaging.
With a unique twisted design and exciting colors, this rattle might become your baby’s favorite toy. You can tuck it inside the diaper bag and carry it on the go. It makes pleasant sounds when jingled, helping you grab your baby’s attention.
- Easy to grab.
- Easy to have a grip and jiggle.
- Mirrored surfaces with colorful beads.
- Hard plastic and might hurt the baby.
- May not be a sturdy structure.
How To Choose The Right Baby Rattle?
A baby’s skin is tender and sensitive, so you have to be careful while buying toys for them. Here is how you can pick the right rattle for your baby.
- Safety: Make sure the rattle complies with safety standards and is made using non-toxic and safe materials. Also, make sure they do not have any protruding or sharp edges. They should not have any small parts, which could become a choking hazard.
- Age: Not all rattles are suitable for babies. Some could be useful when your baby is learning to crawl, while some would be helpful when they are teething. So, choose the one that is age-appropriate.
- Grows with the child: Choose a rattle that can be useful to your child until the next five to six months. Some rattles have multipurpose aspects that are useful from birth to probably 18 months.
Rattles could be your baby’s first step towards experiencing fun, so do your research and pick the right one that could help your baby to have fun and also aid in their overall development.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Priti Bose is an experienced product writer specializing in gifts and children’s toys. With her extensive knowledge of the subject and in-depth research, she has listed the best baby rattles with detailed specifications of each product, including their pros and cons. She has also provided a purchasing guide and mentioned the factors you need to consider to choose the right rattle for your baby. These baby rattles will keep your children entertained by engaging their senses.
- Best Probiotics for Kids
- Best Diaper Caddies
- Best Bottle Drying Racks
- Best Bento Boxes For Kids
- BabyGo Rotating Giraffe Rattle Mobile Review