Being a new parent surely brings happiness, but this new role also comes with many responsibilities. The primary responsibility being to monitor your child’s health to make sure they are growing and developing properly. And the best way to do that is by regularly checking their weight. This is where baby weighing scales come into play!
Although for the first few years, your pediatrician will check your baby’s weight during every health checkup to make sure they are developing as per the healthy weight range and to rule out potential health risks. But if you are always worried about your baby’s growth and want to keep a tab on their weight on a regular basis, then a baby scale is just for you. Check out these 13 best baby scales that will help you record your baby’s weight from the comfort of your home.
13 Best Baby Scales To Buy
This baby weighing machine makes it to the top of our list for all the right reasons. It is a 2-in-1 baby and toddler scale, which means once your child outgrows the tray, the scale can be easily converted from a tray to a teddy bear-shaped digital scale with a maximum capacity of 60 lb. This infant tray includes a Hold feature that allows you to record the accurate weight even when your baby moves on the scale. All while the Zero Out button subtracts the weight of the clothing or diaper. This baby scale measures 12.6 x 9.1 x 23 inches and can hold your infant in both sitting and lying positions.
- Measures weight in 0.5-ounce increments
- Easy-to-read large LCD
- Comes with a growth chart book
- The security lock in the tray ensures added stability.
- Does not come with batteries
Are you always worried about your baby’s development? Then what you need is a baby scale such as this one by Smart Weigh. With this digital baby scale, you can weigh your baby whenever you want. It is sure to give you precise readings, thanks to its Tare feature that helps give you accurate weight even when you weigh your baby covered in a blanket or towel. It also features a Hold button that allows you to lock in the weight as soon as it’s displayed on the LCD screen. This scale has a curved platform with a smooth surface that will cradle your baby and keep them comfortable.
- 20-kg capacity
- Comes with batteries
- Features an auto-off function
- The slim design allows easy storage
- Provides reading in 3 measuring units – pound, stone, and kilogram
- Might be too small
Want to make sure your child is taking the right amount of food and is getting proper nutrition? The best way to find that out is by checking if their body weight has increased from the last time. This digital baby weight scale gives accurate reading even if your child moves around a lot during the weighing in or is wearing clothes or diapers, thanks to the Hold and Zero functions. All while the plastic scoop platform ensures comfort and stability. The best part about this baby scale is that the tray is removable, which means when your child becomes too big for the infant scale, it can be easily converted into a toddler scale.
- Has an LCD screen
- Maximum capacity of 44 lb
- Measures in 0.5-oz. increments
- The auto-shutoff function extends battery life.
- May rock or swing when the baby moves
Looking for baby weighing scales that will help you keep track of your baby’s weight and height? Then this one by MomMed is an ideal choice for you! This scale can measure the weight in kilograms and pounds and has a maximum capacity of 220 lb (100 kg). It comes with an additional feature that helps you measure your little one’s height with the help of the height measuring markings on the inside of the tray. While the concave, rounded design of the tray will prevent your child from sliding off, the swivel lock feature at the bottom will enable you to lock the tray with the scale, ensuring stability and safety. This scale can also be used to measure your toddler’s or pet’s weight.
- Touch sensor
- Includes Hold and Zero features
- Comes with 2 AAA batteries
- Large backlit LCD display
- 4 high precision sensors provide stable readings
- May not be durable
From the makers of some of the best health and wellness-based electronic devices comes this baby scale designed to calculate the weight of your tiny tot. Thanks to the large, easy-to-read LCD and the curved platform with raised edges, this machine is comfortable and convenient to use for both the parents and baby. It has a minimum and maximum weight capacity of 2 lb and 45 lb, respectively, and weighs in 0.2 oz. increments to ensure the utmost accuracy. In addition to that, it comes equipped with a Tare function that helps calculate your child’s weight without taking into account the additional weight of a diaper, toy, or any clothing.
- Multifunctional weighing device
- Includes 2 AA batteries
- Non-slip rubber feet
- Auto and manual Hold and Lock function
- Unit of measurement in pound, kilogram, and ounce
- May not last for long
Ideal for babies up to 12 months old, this Ultrababy Scale by My Weigh features a cradle weighing tray where you can lay your baby down to check their weight. It also comes with a letter holder and mail tube holder attachments that allow you to use this scale as an office or a shipping scale. It is to be noted that the baby weighing tray is detachable, making it easy for you to connect the other attachments. This scale has 4 weighing modes – gram, kilogram, ounce, and pound.
- Has Hold and Tare features
- Programmable auto on/off functionality
- Compatible with the MyWeigh app
- Removable and mountable backlit remote LCD with 2 ft flex cord
- May require calibration
Every parent will want to constantly check if their infant is growing at a healthy rate. And that’s where this baby scale comes handy. This device guarantees to calculate your baby’s weight accurately since it features 4 highly precise sensors at the base and comes equipped with Tare and Hold functions. Plus, it has a high sensitivity touch button that makes for easy usage. The baby weighing tray features a split design, but do not worry; it can be quickly attached and locked with the scale using the 2 swivel locks on the bottom of the tray. This will last a long time as it can easily be converted to a toddler or adult weighing scale.
- Includes 2 AAA batteries
- Comes with a free growth chart
- Can measure weight ranging from 0.11 to 220 lb
- Can also be used to measure the height of your infant
- The rounded concave design of the tray ensures comfort and safety.
- The tray tends to sway.
If your newborn is a wiggler, which makes it difficult for you to get an accurate measurement on the kitchen scale, then it’s high time you invested in a smart baby scale such as this one. It features a proprietary settling algorithm, so even when your baby moves, this device manages to lock onto a reading within a few seconds. The best part is that your baby’s measurements can be synced to its Smart Baby app via Bluetooth, helping you keep track of the measurements on your phone. Featuring a removable tray, this scale can be converted to a toddler scale when your little one outgrows the baby scale. This scale measures weight in 5 g increments and can show measurements in 3 modes (lb, kg, and oz).
- Comes with 4 AAA batteries
- Maximum capacity of 66 lb
- Large reverse backlit display
- The collapsible weighing tray makes for convenient storage.
- Slightly expensive
- May not be suitable for pre or post-feed weigh-ins
A baby scale that can be used by all, including adults and pets, AccuMed Digital Baby Scale features built-in high precision sensors that provide correct measurements every time. This scale comes with 2 tray branches that can be connected together and fitted to the scale to be used as an infant weighing machine, and detached from the scale when you want to weigh yourself or your toddler. The collapsible feature of the tray makes for easy usage and convenient storage. Not only does this device allow you to measure your infant’s weight, but the tray features height measurements that enable you to keep track of your child’s height (inches or centimeters).
- Large LCD makes for easy reading
- Can measure weight up to 200 lb
- Tare function allows you to zero out the additional weight
- Hold function ensures stable readings despite movement
- The tray might be short.
A weighing scale that will allow you to check your baby’s weight while you’re holding them? Yes, please! This device features a Mother and Baby mode designed for those who are too afraid or uncomfortable to lay their little one on the tray initially. This is how it works: step on the scale to lock in your weight, then step on the scale with your baby in your arms to record this weight, and finally, when you get off, your baby’s weight will be displayed. Easy, isn’t it? Aside from that, this machine also includes a bunny head-blocking board with a string that is stored on the bottom of the scale. With this, you can easily check your child’s height (displayed on the screen) by just pulling it up from the base. This scale can be used as a baby or toddler scale by merely attaching or detaching the tray from it.
- 220 lb weight capacity
- Includes Tare and Hold functions
- Measures in metric or imperial units
- 4 high precision sensors provide accurate readings
- The reading on the backlit display can turn 180° automatically.
- Might not work well for breastfeeding intake measurements
Much like many other baby weight scales, this one also grows along with your baby. This means that it can be easily converted into a regular scale once your baby outgrows the infant weighing tray. All you have to do is detach the tray from the scale. This digital scale operates on 2 AA batteries and also includes a USB charging port. It gives stable readings and helps you monitor your baby’s weight in lb, kg, or oz units and height up to 27.55 inches (70 cm). The tray is long and has an Arc design, which offers optimum comfort and safety.
- Non-slip base of the scale offers stability
- Hold and Tare functions ensure accurate measurements
- The tray features tape measurements.
- Its large backlit LCD makes it easy to read in the dark.
- May take longer to display weight if your baby is moving a lot
Whether you are a pregnant woman or want to monitor your child’s growth from infancy to toddlerhood, this multifunctional digital scale is sure to come handy. Besides, this device allows you to weigh your baby between feeds to make sure they are getting adequate breast milk. It has a weighing range between 50 and 100 g and measures in 10 g increments. Plus, with just a press of a button, you can shift between different units of measurements (kg, lb, or oz). This scale calculates the weight and height measurements (built-in scale) of your baby accurately despite light movements. Made of ABS plastic, the tray is easy to install with the help of lock design and can be removed during storage. A notable feature of this device is that if there is no operation for a minute, it shuts off automatically.
- Sturdy and durable
- LCD backlit screen
- Non-slip base
- 2 AAA batteries included
- Tare feature minuses extra weight for precise reading
- The concave design of the tray provides comfort and safety.
- Might fluctuate if your baby moves too much
If you have a cranky infant who does not stay still and moves about too much during the weighing process, this baby scale might be helpful. It features a Hold function that allows you to lock in the weight as soon as it’s displayed. All while the Zero function cancels out any additional weight to provide precise readings, allowing you to lay your baby on a blanket and not worry about inaccuracy. It features a large LCD screen with a bright backlight that makes it easy to read the numbers from any angle or in a dark place. This scale comes with 2 AAA batteries and 2 pieces of trays that are easy to install and uninstall.
- Sensitive touch button for ease of use
- Built-in height measurements
- Reinforces surface ensures stability
- Can be converted into toddler/adult scale
- Switchable units of measurement – kg, oz, lb
- The tray tends to swing.
Before you decide to buy a baby scale, let’s look at a few points that will help you pick the right one.
How To Choose The Right Baby Scale
- Weighing tray: The first and foremost item to look for when buying a baby weighing scale is the weighing tray or pan. This is the part that holds your baby comfortably and safely, so make sure you opt for a tray that has a concave design and smooth, rounded edges.
- Weight range: Opt for a model that has a higher weighing capacity so that you can use it during your child’s growing years, from infancy to toddlerhood. Scales that have 220 lb capacity can be used by adults too.
- Accuracy: To ensure you get accurate readings every time you measure your baby, you have to pick a scale with a good accuracy rating. Most baby scales come with ratings that range between 5 to 15 g.
- Unit of measurement: Always choose a scale that displays weight in different units of measurement such as grams, kilograms, pounds, and ounce. This will help you pick the unit of your preference, avoiding manual conversions and saving time.
- Tare/Zero Out function: No matter what model you pick, make sure it comes with a Tare function. One of the most important features in a baby scale, this will subtract the extra weight of your baby’s diaper, clothes, and blanket to give you the actual body weight of your baby.
- Hold function: It’s a known fact that unless your baby is sleeping soundly, they won’t stay still on the tray; they are always squirming and wiggling around. Hence, it can be difficult to get a precise measurement. This is where the Hold function comes in handy. Once you press the button, it will record your baby’s accurate weight without fluctuating during every movement.
- Additional features: There are a couple of extra features you could consider while buying a scale. Check whether it has height measurement markings or includes a tape measure, enabling you to track the height of your baby. Also, some scales can be connected to your phone or app, helping you monitor the growth conveniently.
A baby’s primary job is to grow, and gaining weight is one way to help you figure out if your little one is developing well. However, it is said that it’s normal for your baby to lose weight in the first week or two, but after this, their weight should gradually increase. It’s best to weigh your baby once in 2 weeks instead of every day so that you have a clear idea of whether they are gaining or losing weight. That was our roundup of the 13 best baby scales that you can easily use at home to track your baby’s growth. These scales have all the necessary features needed to comfortably and accurately measure your baby.