Dry scalp is increasingly becoming a common issue among babies, specifically newborns and toddlers. Whether your child is dealing with dandruff or dry scalp, treating these problems as soon as possible is necessary to avoid worse conditions, such as a cradle cap.
Considering that your baby’s skin is extremely delicate, you cannot afford to go with the wrong product. Hence, finding the right baby shampoo for dry scalp is crucial to eradicating these issues for good. Here, this post lists the best baby shampoos for dry scalp.
Top Products From Our List
Why Do Babies Have A Dry Scalp?
One of the most common reasons that causes dry scalp among babies is cradle cap. It is also known as infantile seborrheic dermatitis. Although the precise reason is unknown, cradle cap is attributed to a combination of environmental and genetic factors. Sometimes, it is also caused by the overgrowth of Malassezia fungi in sebum under the skin.
7 Best Baby Shampoos For Dry Scalp
Two-in-one formula, this tear-free shampoo blends into a rich lather that helps gently cleanse the delicate hair and skin of your baby, leaving them clean and soft. The shampoo doesn’t dry the scalp and helps retain moisture. It is made of calendula from the marigold flower that helps soothe, moisturize, and soften the skin.
- Dermatologically tested
- Free from mineral oils, colorants, and parabens
- Contains vitamin E and B5 along with aloe vera
- May not be completely tear-free
- May cause rashes
Paraben-free and hypoallergenic, this baby shampoo comes with a light, fresh scent. It is made of natural ingredients, such as organic shea butter, vitamin E, aloe vera, organic flower extracts, and oatmeal to safeguard your baby’s sensitive skin. Also, the shampoo contains pharmaceutical-grade tea tree oil that helps heal dry scalps.
- Soothes itchy, flaky scalp
- Infused with antioxidant properties
- No artificial preservatives
- Comes with a cradle cap brush
- Might make the scalp dry
- May not be tear-free
The shampoo is meant to fight flaking, irritation, redness, scaling, and itching on both skin and scalp and is made for children of all ages. The shampoo contains various active ingredients, such as pyrithione zinc, safe and effective in curing dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis. The shampoo also contains natural ingredients, including licorice root extract, to help soothe redness.
- Doesn’t have an artificial fragrance
- Dermatologically tested
- Free of alcohol, paraben, sulfate, and BPA
- Helps eliminate flaking and keeps hair smooth
- May cause white flakes in the hair
- May cause mild irritation
Wild Naturals shampoo contains cehami extract, aloe vera, and other natural ingredients to offer natural relief from itching. They penetrate deep into the skin and help decrease redness. The shampoo is steroid-free and non-medicated; hence, you can use it daily. It is also devoid of fragrances, parabens, SLS, and other harsh chemicals.
- Hypoallergenic product
- No animal testing
- Sulfate-free shampoo
- Coconut oil as light, natural foaming agent
- May not come with enough quantity
- Doesn’t lather a lot
With a brisk blend of lavender and tea tree essential oils, this baby shampoo helps soothe sensitive scalps. This two-in-one shampoo cleanses hair, body, face, and sensitive areas. It gently washes out chlorine and salt while rebalancing the natural pH level of your hair. It contains certified organic, sustainably harvested soap bark along with plant-based glucosides.
- Skin-friendly shampoo
- Tested for allergies
- Can be used as a body wash too
- Enriched with organic, pure calendula extract and aloe vera
- May cause some rashes
- May not work for extremely sensitive skin
With gently lifting and rinsing flakes, this shampoo is scientifically formulated with a natural exfoliant and salicylic acid. It helps prevent and reduce cradle cap to a great extent. The presence of organic calendula helps soothing irritation linked to the scalp and skin conditions.
- Foaming pump dispenser for easy application
- Helps prevent irritation
- Formulated with natural and USDA certified organic ingredients
- No harmful chemicals
- May have a strong smell
- May not wash adequately
With organic and natural ingredients, this shampoo helps calming and soothing sensitive skin. It also nourishes, protects, and soothes irritated skin. The tear-free shampoo works wonders on dry scalp, cradle cap, and eczema.
- Pump dispenser for ease of use
- Includes 32 vitamins and minerals
- Comes with 75 nutrients and hundreds of active enzymes
- Moisturizes the skin
- May have some irritants
- Fragrance could be too strong
How To Choose The Right Baby Shampoo For Dry Scalp?
While choosing the right baby shampoo for dry scalp, keep these factors in mind.
- Ingredients: Ensure the shampoo doesn’t contain any harmful or harsh chemicals and ingredients. It should be enriched with naturally sourced extracts to make it safe for the baby.
- Hypoallergenic: You should go with a hypoallergenic shampoo to ensure that your baby doesn’t face any reactions or allergies.
- Artificial fragrances or dyes: You should make this a thumb rule to read the label and check everything the shampoo contains. The product should not have any artificial fragrance or dyes as they can cause allergies to sensitive skin.
- Tear-free: Choosing a shampoo that features a tear-free formula is recommended. This will allow you to wash the baby’s scalp thoroughly without any fear of itchy and irritating eyes.
Apart from ensuring that the product is safe, it is also important to look into its usefulness. Thus, make sure you consider the above points to find the best baby shampoo for dry scalp to make the right decision.
- Best Car Air Purifiers
- Best Light Roast Coffee
- Best Light Bulbs For Photography
- Best Bluetooth Speaker For Car